Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
"We'll probably end-up starting another band..." Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

He's joking, but what if...
  a Panic! style side project, with all their "out there" songs
  cool?
  or uncool?
  I think it'd be interesting.. but also really weird.
View Results

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:54 am
Panic! At The Disco have scrapped their second album after recording a batch of songs they say are too weird.

The band told NME that the follow-up to 2006's 'A Fever You Can't Sweat Out' sounded too much like another band.

Guitarist Ryan Ross said: "We're taking a lot longer than we thought we would. It's almost as if we were writing two records. We did almost an entire album and then started over, so at the moment we're trying to catch up, but we're all really happy with the songs right now and we'll be done by February."

Initially thinking they were making great progress, Panic! At The Disco wrote their first batch of songs at sessions in a hidden away cabin deep in the Nevada desert last summer.

Ross admits: "We lost our minds a little bit up there, it's safe to say... We were totally cut off. It was kind of like therapy! It was a really good learning experience for us because some of those songs are really intricate - they were challenging to write, but I don't know if it would have been the best thing for the band to release that record."

Ross jokes: "We'll probably end-up starting another band to play those songs. It was that different to what we'd done before. It was out there."

The band finally decided to scrap the songs last summer.

Bassist Jon Walker said: "It was Summer Fest in Milwaukee at the beginning of July... we all sat down and talked about it.

"There was definitely a vibe when we came off tour playing the same songs (from the first album) for like two years, that, when we started writing, we started doing way different stuff. Then halfway through we realised it didn't feel like us."

Panic! At The Disco are now back at home in Las Vegas and working from scratch again.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:06 am
I think their "second" second album sounds like a different band too. neutral

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:03 am
I think we haven't heard enough to really be able to say that yet. But I don't entirely agree so far... yeah, the style is different, but it still sounds like Panic! to me.

No matter what they end up sounding like, if Ryan is writing, Brendon's singing and they're all playing instruments, it's gonna seem like P!ATD to me. Just because with me Panic! isn't only about the music but also about them...

I don't really know what my point is xp sweatdrop

Something like... they only have one album, which isn't enough to define a band's sound. And we've barely heard any of their new material, so it's hard to judge how different it will be, even though it's pretty clear it's going to be different...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:40 am
I think if you compare any song from their first album to one of their new songs, such as "Nine In The Afternoon," it sounds completely different. I mean, if it wasn't Brendon's voice that was singing, you really wouldn't be able to tell that it was Panic! At The Disco's song. Their sound is completely different now. I'm not dissing it, or disliking their new songs, but I'm just saying. They sound different now. I mean, I like what they are doing. It sounds great. But it's just...different. They are changing the sound of their band.

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

Bilvy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:26 pm
CityScene
I think if you compare any song from their first album to one of their new songs, such as "Nine In The Afternoon," it sounds completely different. I mean, if it wasn't Brendon's voice that was singing, you really wouldn't be able to tell that it was Panic! At The Disco's song. Their sound is completely different now. I'm not dissing it, or disliking their new songs, but I'm just saying. They sound different now. I mean, I like what they are doing. It sounds great. But it's just...different. They are changing the sound of their band.

Yeah, I kinda agree with Prime.
I'm still kinda pissed off that they won't be releasing their second album this year though.
But bleh, if they take more time to work on it, it would hopefully be better than if they just rushed to make the album come out as soon as possible.
I kind of have to say that if they did release that album they've been working on in the cabin, I would have been slightly disappointed. I mean, it's not really like the Panic! we knew...
"Nine in the Afternoon" sounded a lot like something I would hear in the radio... and I don't really know how to explain this, but like, "Nine in the Afternoon" is kind of a little too simple, if you're catching my drift.
The Panic! we knew (or at least what I knew), would have made the song more complex with some freakishly long words...
And I kind of miss that techno beat they had. We didn't hear that in the new songs they've played live.
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:23 pm
CityScene

Yeah, that's true sweatdrop  

GoodbyeLights

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:26 pm
Bilvy
CityScene

I'm still kinda pissed off that they won't be releasing their second album this year though.
But bleh, if they take more time to work on it, it would hopefully be better than if they just rushed to make the album come out as soon as possible.
I kind of have to say that if they did release that album they've been working on in the cabin, I would have been slightly disappointed. I mean, it's not really like the Panic! we knew...
"Nine in the Afternoon" sounded a lot like something I would hear in the radio... and I don't really know how to explain this, but like, "Nine in the Afternoon" is kind of a little too simple, if you're catching my drift.
The Panic! we knew (or at least what I knew), would have made the song more complex with some freakishly long words...
And I kind of miss that techno beat they had. We didn't hear that in the new songs they've played live.
sweatdrop
"Nine In The Afternoon" is one of the songs they created after they scrapped their songs. It's one of the songs that's going to be on the album. Well, not 100% for sure, but most likely.

Their songs aren't going to have weird long words anymore according to them. D= Jon said that Brendon still has a hard time pronouncing them, which I disagree with. mad I'm going to miss those words.

I think the techno stuff is long gone, as well. xD I mean, that was gone way back when they were writing the second half of A Fever.

I think we are all just going to have to wait and see what this album is going to be like. All we can do is have patience, I guess. And trust them to make something incredable. Don't be too bummed about the album not being released this year, because it'll only be a couple months after this year anyways. :] I mean, really, only about five more months. And being in school again and stuff, that really isn't that long, because time is going to fly by fast now. And also according to the band, if they want to have a single out by Christmas, that's only three months away!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:40 pm
i wonder how long til their next album rolleyes  

miss-mechanical

Bilvy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:30 pm
CityScene
Bilvy
CityScene

sweatdrop
"Nine In The Afternoon" is one of the songs they created after they scrapped their songs. It's one of the songs that's going to be on the album. Well, not 100% for sure, but most likely.

Their songs aren't going to have weird long words anymore according to them. D= Jon said that Brendon still has a hard time pronouncing them, which I disagree with. mad I'm going to miss those words.

I think the techno stuff is long gone, as well. xD I mean, that was gone way back when they were writing the second half of A Fever.

I think we are all just going to have to wait and see what this album is going to be like. All we can do is have patience, I guess. And trust them to make something incredable. Don't be too bummed about the album not being released this year, because it'll only be a couple months after this year anyways. :] I mean, really, only about five more months. And being in school again and stuff, that really isn't that long, because time is going to fly by fast now. And also according to the band, if they want to have a single out by Christmas, that's only three months away!

Oh... really? O_o;; Well, I actually like Nine in the Afternoon. It's just not as Panic!-y as I have wanted it to be.
xp
But I'll miss the long words they've had in their last album. I've never really noticed Brendon having a hard time pronouncing the words though.
But it's true that time passes by fast.
Before we know it, we'll be lining up in some music store waiting to pay for the new CD.
I wonder what the album's title will be though...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:04 am
CityScene

they sound like the hush sound. :]

upsidexdown

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:28 am
I too shall miss the long words xp
And I also never noticed Brendon having trouble pronouncing them. I always thought he pronounced things really well...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:31 pm
Bilvy
CityScene
Bilvy
CityScene

sweatdrop

Oh... really? O_o;; Well, I actually like Nine in the Afternoon. It's just not as Panic!-y as I have wanted it to be.
xp
But I'll miss the long words they've had in their last album. I've never really noticed Brendon having a hard time pronouncing the words though.
But it's true that time passes by fast.
Before we know it, we'll be lining up in some music store waiting to pay for the new CD.
I wonder what the album's title will be though...

Yeah, I like Nine In The Afternoon, too.
I'm really disappointed in their choice for the song title, though.

Maybe Brendon is just getting lazy and doesnt want to say long words anymore. xD
[just kidding]

Before Infinity On High was released, I was in Hot Topic and I was talking to one of the guys that work there. He asked me if I was going to the release for it, because the night before the release of a big album, Hot Topic holds a party. Supposebly, if you attend the party, you get the album for like...half off or something if you stay until midnight. But, yeah. I hope there's a party for Panic! At The Disco's new album, because I'll definitely be there! (even though I have to drive almost an hour to get to HT) gonk heart

I'm curious about the title, too. 3nodding I hope it's crazy. ;D

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:32 pm
omg_emo_idiot
i wonder how long til their next album rolleyes

Approximately five months. heart

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:33 pm
upsidexdown
CityScene

they sound like the hush sound. :]

xd

You can't get your mind off that, can you? xDD heart

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:35 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
I too shall miss the long words xp
And I also never noticed Brendon having trouble pronouncing them. I always thought he pronounced things really well...

Like I said, he's just being lazy. rofl

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces