Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Eragon, the trilogy. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hakumei_Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:06 am
Any one read that book? I think it is amazing, the author was only 15 when he wrote it! I've already reserved a copy of Eldest, coming next month!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:19 pm
I read it, it was pretty good for an amateur writer. It got a little slow for me in the middle but quickly picked up after that. I read the whole thing rather quickly which is a really good sign. I usually stop reading a book if it doesn't grab me right at first.

It wasn't one of the most epic or enthralling of the books I've read but I think the author shows promise and look forward to seeing him develop his writing style.  

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Nuala

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:41 am
I have to confess to judging a book by its cover for once, and that seeing a book with a dragon on the front with the title Eragon (one leter along - gee, how original!) rather put me off it, so I haven't read it yet.

I keep being told it's good - but after finding an interview with Paolini where he's talking about how he can't believe his luck about how people just accepted the whole one-letter-along thing, I'm tempted to stick to my guns.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:03 pm
Ahhh, *grin* don't judge the book by it's cover, judge it by it's content. Then tell us what you think. blaugh  

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

worthlesshadow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:27 pm
actually, the book is coming this month on the 23. great book Eragon, I just forgot what happened in it xd

great website with a count down and other info: http://www.shurtugal.com/  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:02 pm
I found it a really good book. After having it refered to me by my gym teacher and then my best friend i had to read it. Awesome book, although i do have to say that it does tend to have some of the same things as LOTR. Or is that just me?  

rockyrogue

Merlinssister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:41 am
There's supposed to be a film being made of Eragon sometime. I might read it if I ever get through the huge pile of books in my room that I still want to read  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:59 pm
Its my favorite book!!!

P.S. I already finished reading Eldest.  

Aryamenda13

6hi6

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:16 am
i loved Eragon it was a great book im begging my parents to buy me The Eldest it was an awesome book its one of my favorites  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:48 am
im rereading it it was soo good  

6hi6

Child_of_blade15

Distinct Regular

6,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:53 pm
Eragon was one of the coolest books i have read in a long time.
Just a note, if you are going to buy Eldest i''ve been told that arround page 238 in that chapter there was a misprint and he starts a whole other story on accident and that there are only 1,000 copys made like that. So if you ever get a chance to buy it make sure you check arround page 238!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:05 am
It was pretty good for a 15-yr-old, but who really cares about his age? I didn't know about his age when I read it. I really don't care how old he was. I don't believe people should mention his age when telling how good the book is. Unless its something like "Its pretty good for his age." Something like that. Or something.

Anyone know what the third book will be called?

I love Saphira. She's so sarcastic and smart. And Arya. I just like Arya for some reason.

Rabid Nozomi

Cassandra_the_Prophetess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:03 am
I did not enjoy reading this at all. In fact i'm still surprised that i even bothered to finish it! In response to rockywitch, I noticed a lot of things were taken directly from LOTR, thats one thing that i really disliked about Eragon, its unoriginality, to me, it read like a mismatch of fantasy elements taken from a variety of different stories. Halfway through i even stopped to check if it wasn't supposed to be satirical, there were that many cliches!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:38 pm
I liked the first one...still gotta read the second, though. Its sitting on my shelf along with a whole lotta other books I must read. -sigh- ah well....I remember the second half wasn't too good. got kinda boring xp

actualy, he started writing the book at 15, and then got it published when he was older. but starting then...keeping it up and running. I am amazed because of this  

worthlesshadow

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:58 am
I actually liked Eragon enough that I read it through, that's a bonus. I also bought Eldest, although it's not grabbing me enough that I've finished it yet and I've had it a couple weeks already. sweatdrop

domokun They aren't bad, you either like it or you don't. I really like the idea of the storyline but I do think he needs to develop more as an author, I think I will keep an eye out for what else he publishes because I think he has potential.

cool All in all, like I said before, his books aren't epic; they're just really hyped up right now. It'll be interesting to see if they do actually make a movie out of them.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff