Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Case closed. Thanks alot guys. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

qutefoxy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:43 pm
How do u pronounce kage?
same as cage or kah-geh?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:05 am
... this does not relate to maplestory =.= post this in the chatterbox. and in the japanese language, (romanized), 1, 2, or 3 letters(perhaps 4) are always pronouced seperately. so its Kah-gay.  

Brighte

qutefoxy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:32 am
But i thought kage is the level 85 staff(mage equipment)? Its something related to maple right?
I was having an argument with my cousin about how to pronounce it. So I thought if I could ask here because its the one and only forum I joined which discusses about maple.......  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:45 am
hisako`
... this does not relate to maplestory =.= post this in the chatterbox. and in the japanese language, (romanized), 1, 2, or 3 letters(perhaps 4) are always pronouced seperately. so its Kah-gay.

Kage is not japanese. It's korean, and they pronounce it differently.  

Madox
Crew

qutefoxy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:47 am
Madox
hisako`

o.O Do you know the correct pronunciation?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:24 pm
Madox
hisako`

Kage is too a Japanese word.

It might not have originated as a Japanese word here in Maple Story, as the game is from South Korea, but you are wrong when you say it isn't Japanese.

The best way to think of it is in the Japanese pronunciation as that is what everyone is more accustomed to, and would instantly know what you mean.

A lot of Asian languages have the same type of sounds, you can't say it isn't one language, when it is that one, and many others.

Also, this does pertain to maple story, as she was referring to the Mage staff Kage.

I used to think of it as cage back ages ago, but I figured it to be Japanese even though its originally a Korean game.

For now, the best way to pronounce it would be as Ka-Ge...Kah-Gay. >_>

A Rusty Nail

Jessikenz

7,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:46 pm
hisako`
Wrong!

This is to do with MapleStory. And if you pronounced it "Kah-gay" you'd be saying something completely different. It isnt spelt Kagei, it's spelt Kage. It's not like Shoujo and Shojo where you can add or subtract the "u" in it. She was right in pronouncing it Kah-geh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:42 pm
Madox
hisako`

Madox probably thought of "Kage" as like, leader... Like in Naruto. "Kazekage", for instance. Which makes it also a Japanese word.  

beyond absolute

Kaiorin II

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:03 pm
hisako`

You're a cleric and you don't even know about the staffs we mages use. =/
Kage is a wand, before blabbing off trying to sound smart, you should get your facts straight.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:12 am
Hisokani
hisako`
Wrong!

This is to do with MapleStory. And if you pronounced it "Kah-gay" you'd be saying something completely different. It isnt spelt Kagei, it's spelt Kage. It's not like Shoujo and Shojo where you can add or subtract the "u" in it. She was right in pronouncing it Kah-geh

Yay biggrin I was right! My cousin said it was pronounced same as "cage".
Thx Hisokani!
~Foxie  

qutefoxy

Jessikenz

7,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:03 pm
qutefoxy
Hisokani
hisako`
Wrong!

Yay biggrin I was right! My cousin said it was pronounced same as "cage".
Thx Hisokani!
~Foxie
you're welcome

Japanese basics
a = ah (as in father)
e = eh (as in men)
i = ee (as in see)
o = oh (as in boat)
u = oo (as in zoo)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:30 pm
Ka-geh, yes? No? Any complaints. If so...don't care, it's how I pronounce it.  

TaerkDS
Captain

A Rusty Nail

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:27 pm
Yes, that is Japanese basics, but perhaps when you pronounce it as kah-gay, you put to much emphasis on the ay sound.

Don't say Kah-Gay, like the homosexual kinda gay.

Say Kah-Gey...like when...when you make the ay sound shorter in gay.

Geh sounds horrible, but I might be putting to much emphasis on the H sound.

For Kah-Gay...hm...

Pronounce this as Gay.

Gayyy.

Now pronounce this.

Gay.

If you shortened the ay sound, gay wouldnt be incorrect.

Besides, its how my teacher taught my class it.

Yes, she was Japanese and from Japan.

Yes, it is Keh, but if you listen closely, its sounds close to like Kei.

Just forget it.

Explaining is a hassle.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:10 am
hisako`

CoconutandLicorice

Feety
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 am
cage  
Maple Story

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items