Submit

monopoly?
  best game ever!
  deceptive, time sucking, evil game
  Nana is a cheating whore!
View Results

Blaiz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:33 pm
So anyone seen the new commercial for the new monopoly game? Little girl plays fast....etc.
They got current with the times.
No cash- its done via a card. just swipe and your done.

No more fumbling with papers and math, trying to figure out change and tax and whatnot. Poor banker has been replaced by technology once more. More importantly, you cant steal people's money anymore when they get up for a potty break.

I suppose it does speed up the game a bit. Lord knows monopoly takes forever when you really play it from scratch.

What are your thoughts on it? Like it, dislike? Have you tried it?

and why not lets make this and official monopoly discussion while we are at it.

Faveorite variation of it? Simpsons, ghettopoly etc.

Favorite piece? Of course, most enjoy the car. Im not too peculiar about it. I think my least fave is the shoe though.

Do you play it at McDs? Ever won anything? Got a strategy for this time? Guess, you could always bribe a worker to sell you a bag of cups - hopefully you'll get something. or at the very least sell em on ebay. Perhaps I shouldnt encourage those kind of backways...oh well :shrug:

So come on, lets talk monopoly.

Where'd you get the pink 50s, you cheating whore?! Dont $%@$#%^ touch me, grandpa! NANA, IS A CHEATING WHORE!!! -Dane Cook  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:42 pm
o.o; I admit that i haven't read all of your post yet... I'll do that when I'm done with my essay~ buuut~
The closest I've ever come to finishing a monopoly game was that one time we played ghettopoly...

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

negi_magician

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:28 am
I'd play Pokemon monopoly as Pikachu for hours... we'd get to the point where 2 of 6 quit, 1 supports me, and 1 supports whoever has the most spaces, usually me. I'd own hotels on 1/2 of the board, the other halve was just the 60$ spaces. ninja and it would always end with the other person quitting because they have a 28/36 chance of going broke.

I is the monopoly champ. Of my house, at least. pirate  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:47 pm
lol yeah....im not even entirely sure i ever got to finish a monopoly game, either. well, unless you count the computer game. i finish those once in a while.

man, negi. that sounds like me - im usually the one screwed with barely any good spots and hotels. or even quitting and giving up your pieces to someone else, that sounds like me too. >.<

sounds good for you though.

so what was your longest game? i know one time a couple of friends and i were playing and it was like 3 hours or something, well into the night.  

Blaiz

Rob the Crowing

Profitable Sex Symbol

9,275 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:42 pm
Hate the game it goes on for hours and Nana has butterfingers 0_0:::: (The money just sticks on there never let her be banker again!)

Dane Cook is funny....  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:31 am
lol. i want to try and play monopoly online. but i never got around to it...
guess i am afraid i will suck at it xd

though i never played over versions of the game. seeing pictures of various versions is fun. and you can add extra pieces to the original, that way everyone is not fighting over who to be.

i like being the Scotti Dog, when i was little i always went for the Horse.
guess i am girly that way.

apparently this Electronic one. is just a new edtion. and its likely they will keep making the ones with the paper money. con to the paper money...you play with kids and they steal or lose each one! and if you dont have enough, you are kind of screwed.

AH i so wanted to see what Ghettopoly would look like and play like. but i can not find it online ANYWHERE! and this is the freakin internet!
the people who made the game, i believe - made other boardgames, and surprise no one says anything. and i would think their other games are more offensive then Ghettopoly.

dang hippies lol  

Bunai

Angelic Blob

negi_magician

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:48 am
Lemme think... my longest game was 5 hours, but we took 5 10-minute breaks because we all wanted popcorn. And to go to the bathroom. pirate But, if I didn't say it before, I'll say it now: I would not stand a chance in competition against other players.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:50 pm
negi_magician:

Yeah, i dont think id last in the competition either. I always land on crap and i have a habit of over thinking sometimes. not to mention overcoming how long it would take, there would have to be some serious compensation for that one.

~

Bunai:

so just an extra edition...makes sense. yeah, i remember whenever we ran out of money or lost some - we would just grab a piece of paper and write whatever it was we needed.

though you still run into the same cheating problems.

im surprised you couldnt find it. thats how i found out about it.
do you mean to actually play it online? In that case, I can see where that might be an issue.

but if you wanted a quick look at it: http://www.etailgifts.com/monopoly.asp

you should be able to find it there.  

Blaiz

pirokun12

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:15 am
What are your thoughts on it?
A nice game that will alway be a classic and always fun to play even for 5 hrs strait. ALL THE ONE DOLLAR BILLS WILL BE MINE.(evey time we have a fight who can get all the one in the game without exchanging money to get ones from the bank.)
ohh and every one usually has some diffrent way they play make sure everyone know the same rules.

Faveorite variation of it?
The best variation of all time is the pokemon one. only becuase bulbasuar rock. and never leave pikachu and blatiose in the jail together.(they get it on)

Favorite piece? The battleship of course. Blow up the other hotels and house on you way by.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:49 pm
hey - there's an idea. interesting little side game. getting all the ones - must be tough.

lol on the comp if i remember correctly when you move your piece it does it in a way that reflects what you chose. so your battleship would move as if it was cruising through the water.

ive never played the pokemon one. seems pretty popular - then again pokemon was annoyingly popular. what are the lots called anything special? are the gyms on there somewhere? the chest and chance cards might be fun.  

Blaiz

pirokun12

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:28 am
Blaiz
hey - there's an idea. interesting little side game. getting all the ones - must be tough.

lol on the comp if i remember correctly when you move your piece it does it in a way that reflects what you chose. so your battleship would move as if it was cruising through the water.

ive never played the pokemon one. seems pretty popular - then again pokemon was annoyingly popular. what are the lots called anything special? are the gyms on there somewhere? the chest and chance cards might be fun.

Collecting all the ones is difficult. especially if you have to give change to some one and it includes having to use ones and also having to pay odd number too.

Yeah on most of the animated version of monopoly it does reflect the piece you choose, but since it is is a battleship you should get an option to blow up house and hotels.

The hotels are the gyms and the houses are poke centers. Pokeballs are the railroad and the properties are pokemon. jail is still jail.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:20 am
my cousins love to play it. I have finished games esepcially when they are timed. Boardwalk+hotel! pwns all!

Rob the Crowing

Profitable Sex Symbol

9,275 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

pirokun12

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:17 am
TokyoSamurai94
my cousins love to play it. I have finished games esepcially when they are timed. Boardwalk+hotel! pwns all!

I never land of boardwalk or park place so I just never try to get them.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:26 pm
i have the cd. heart  

asians shawty

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:28 pm
Did you know the original game was made during the depression? It was carved into the inverters kitchen table since he had nothing else to use. It took him forever to sell to a game place but boy did he make money.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff