Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Faery (Fairy, or whatever) books- crowding our bookstores? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you oppose all these faery or however you want to spell it books?
  Yes
  No
  Goooooold!
View Results

ckmidnight

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:39 pm
Okay, so there's been a high number of faery or whatever books out lately, and I think that number is ridiculously high. One or two, maybe once in a while is great, but whole shelves of them? I think it's insanity, but what do you think?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:32 pm

As long as they're not all sweet, benevolent, little-kid faeries, I don't mind.
I like seeing folklore incorporated into modern literature. Phookas and kelpies and what have you... that deeply delights me.

Lady Rattus

Dapper Codger

Iana_Rosterbom

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:27 am
I don't mind seeing faery / fairy books... I think it's interesting heehee 4laugh I particularly like the ones written by Brian Froud 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:47 pm
not if its well written.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

ninja_lord76

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:06 am
I also like books with faries in it ,as long as it not all cute little things.If it was only about faires I would want some action in there.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:18 pm
Bring it!!! 3nodding  

Bun-Chan

murphyad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:20 am
Me and my mom started reading modern Faery tales and have decided that they are deff. for high school kids who have issuses beyond normal, ie emo, goth, kids who have taken the wrong path not that those subculturers have it is just what these books are aimed at and thats fine, but i think that it takes away from the overall composition of the book that she has to pander to counter culture  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:15 pm
What do you mean by "fairy" books? confused  

jingle bear

Deadly Tea

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:59 pm
I like fairie books or books with fairies in them. I just don't like those childrens books about cartoon fairies. Those aren't real fairies. There are several types of fairies, but still...those fairies in childrens books are cutesy girly drawings.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:54 am
I don't mind faeire books nowadays as long as the stories are realistic. None of those Disney goody goody tales. Like books by Holly Black.  

Sumomo87

ekitten614

Tipsy Genius

10,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:07 pm
I think fairy (faery) books are usually pretty good and don't mind if there's more of them. Also, I wouldn't say they're "crowding" the bookstores, there's just some more. So, yeah, I don't mind.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:28 pm
i like fearie books they have very nice pictures sometimes. the best are of emo fearies  

^s.k.i.t.t.l.e.z^

Kahahana

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:38 pm
I think faerie books are alright, but I don't read them. They're kind of aimed at the same audience as the vampire books. I'm not really a member of that audience, though I did love Valiant by Holly Black.

(Hey, it's old me before my account got wrongfully banned! I remember those good old days of having money...)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:12 pm
If they're the powerful, dangerous faeries and not the overly-sweet kind I LOVE them! Faeries are my favourite mythical beings. heart Personally, I think that there are too many vampire books, however, vamps are the most popular fantasy creature at the moment, including with my friends, so I don't expect anyone to agree with me. I don't dislike them per-se; they just don't strike my fancy the way other beings do.  

MinervaEvenstar

Merlinssister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:44 am
Demi Goth

As long as they're not all sweet, benevolent, little-kid faeries, I don't mind.
I like seeing folklore incorporated into modern literature. Phookas and kelpies and what have you... that deeply delights me.

Same here, I don't mind as long as they're not the stereotypical version really. I find vampires more interesting though.

Love the signature by the way, he's really creepy.

Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff