Reply Extended Discussion
No drugs, weird? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disease of the Flesh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:05 am
At school today an ex-schoolmate of mine asked me if I used any drugs. My awnser was no, and he went mad when heard that and I said I didn't need them to have a good time. A friend of mine even called out over the schoolgrounds asking me if don't even smoke weed. All the people there were totally schocked. (note: I live in the Netherlands, the country of free use of drugs)

While all the people that were there really hate smoking because it kills you. That is just a really strange thing. It looks like every person in the 'group' I'm in, does drugs on a regular basis.

I just want to know what your views on drugs are and on people who use drugs almost every week, so my question to you all is:

Is it weird to be concerend about your life and not do drugs, don't drink alcohol and don't even smoke because you are old enough to see the bad things it causes?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:12 pm
If you don't need a good time to have drugs its your call. Its not a big deal if you do or don't.

I've tried drugs in the past, never really did anything for me, so I never really bothered with them in a major way. But my view is, so long as I do not harm another living being on this planet, why does it matter what I choose to or not to put in my body?  

Rellik San
Crew

jaenus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:23 pm
I don't think it's weird. You can still have a good time without those. I've tried marijuana and for me it's just like getting drunk. I can still achieve that level of "high" with beer. Not that I'm an alcoholic, but I like to drink just to get in the mood.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:52 pm
Moderation of anything is helpful.
However, when it comes to drugs, it is often best to not bother with them in the first place.

As such, no, it's not weird to be concerned about your health. Obsession would be weird, but concern is perfectly normal.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:06 am
-Resurrected Writer-
However, when it comes to drugs, it is often best to not bother with them in the first place.

But then how are you to form an opinion on drugs if you avoid them altogether, thats like people that protest a film, without actually seeing it first.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:58 pm
Rellik San
-Resurrected Writer-

But then how are you to form an opinion on drugs if you avoid them altogether, thats like people that protest a film, without actually seeing it first.

Only because drugs are potentially harmful - while some may get seriously screwed-up by using them, others will be able to live happy lives and still be drug users.
Which is why I earlier said that moderation is helpful. If one chooses to do drugs, they should practice responsibility with said drugs.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:06 pm
I've had similar experiences, including people who are shocked, people who literally refused to believe that I had never used drugs, and people who even get angry at me for it.

I'm not particularly opposed to drug use under the conditions that the user understands the implications of what they're doing.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:09 pm
Rellik San

I avoid crashing my car altogether; cannot I not form an opinion on car crashes without having been in one?  

GilAskan
Crew

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:14 am
GilAskan
Rellik San

I avoid crashing my car altogether; cannot I not form an opinion on car crashes without having been in one?

I think the "cannot i not" might be a typo ^.^

And in a sense, you cannot reach an informed decision on how frightening being in a car crash would be without having experienced one. That said, you could easily conclude getting in a car crash is bad.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:13 am
-Resurrected Writer-
Rellik San
-Resurrected Writer-

Only because drugs are potentially harmful - while some may get seriously screwed-up by using them, others will be able to live happy lives and still be drug users.
Which is why I earlier said that moderation is helpful. If one chooses to do drugs, they should practice responsibility with said drugs.

Which I agree with, if you are going to take drugs, be careful about it and use them in moderation, what I am actually against is the nanny society view of "Its bad, don't do it, I've never done it, so have no actual personal experience to say its bad, but we're told its bad by people that have never tried it themselves so it must be bad."

It could just be me, because I was brought up fairly liberally (certain things off limits, if I want to try something, I should just ask and it'll be arranged I can try it in a safe environment with experienced people) but I believe it is pure choice, whether or not to do drugs, but if your not going to try them, then don't discourage anyone else and vice versa, don't encourage anyone either.

Though if you all want to know, drugs never really did anything for me, so I don't see the point in doing them myself, but effect varies from person to person.  

Rellik San
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:34 pm
zz1000zz
GilAskan
Rellik San

And in a sense, you cannot reach an informed decision on how frightening being in a car crash would be without having experienced one. That said, you could easily conclude getting in a car crash is bad.

You cannot reach a descision on frightening it may be, but there are other factors that you must weigh to decide wether or not a car crash is "bad". It is "bad" for you if you have to pay for the damage you caused on someone elses property, and it is also "bad" if one could potentialy injure/kill you or others.

With that said, there are certain aspects of the car crash that you can't make an informed opinon on, but there are others in which you can. You can form an overall opinion on car crashes this way, and not every aspect will be accounted for. You can form a full opinion on car crashes when you have actually experienced one.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:01 pm
XWraith_LordX
zz1000zz
GilAskan
Rellik San

You cannot reach a descision on frightening it may be, but there are other factors that you must weigh to decide wether or not a car crash is "bad". It is "bad" for you if you have to pay for the damage you caused on someone elses property, and it is also "bad" if one could potentialy injure/kill you or others.

With that said, there are certain aspects of the car crash that you can't make an informed opinon on, but there are others in which you can. You can form an overall opinion on car crashes this way, and not every aspect will be accounted for. You can form a full opinion on car crashes when you have actually experienced one.
But where as car crashes are bad universally, drugs aren't, you have to bare in mind 'drugs' is such a broad term, it can be used for almost anything that can become addictive, caffine, alcohol some people even describe video games as a form of drug. But in the end you can not form an opinion on every single thing considered a drug until you try it yourself, its part of the thing that annoys about the rabbid straight edgers.  

Rellik San
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:13 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
zz1000zz
GilAskan
Rellik San

But where as car crashes are bad universally, drugs aren't, you have to bare in mind 'drugs' is such a broad term, it can be used for almost anything that can become addictive, caffine, alcohol some people even describe video games as a form of drug. But in the end you can not form an opinion on every single thing considered a drug until you try it yourself, its part of the thing that annoys about the rabbid straight edgers.
Yes, and that's why forming an opinion on something like a car crash can't be compared to something with such a broad definition such as "drugs". Not only is it a more general term, but it is far more complicated then a car crash.

When someone asks your opinion on drugs, they could just mean potentially addictive substances, or they could mean illegal agents used primarily to get high, if someone asks you about car crashes, they mean car crashes. They could mean crashes involving teen drivers or drunk drivers, but "drugs" has a much broader deffinition that varies from person to person. You could say drugs, and I might ask if you mean prescription, over the counter, or something else. You can't say drugs, you have to be specific.

My opinion on illegal drugs, cigarettes, and alchoholic beverages is that you should practice moderation because they are potentially harmful and you should understand what the side effects may be. Use them responsibly and understand what you're doing, and what may or may not happen to you because of them.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:32 pm
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
zz1000zz
GilAskan
Rellik San

Yes, and that's why forming an opinion on something like a car crash can't be compared to something with such a broad definition such as "drugs". Not only is it a more general term, but it is far more complicated then a car crash.

When someone asks your opinion on drugs, they could just mean potentially addictive substances, or they could mean illegal agents used primarily to get high, if someone asks you about car crashes, they mean car crashes. They could mean crashes involving teen drivers or drunk drivers, but "drugs" has a much broader deffinition that varies from person to person. You could say drugs, and I might ask if you mean prescription, over the counter, or something else. You can't say drugs, you have to be specific.

My opinion on illegal drugs, cigarettes, and alchoholic beverages is that you should practice moderation because they are potentially harmful and you should understand what the side effects may be. Use them responsibly and understand what you're doing, and what may or may not happen to you because of them.

Couldn't have said it better myself. smile  

Rellik San
Crew

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:14 am
By the way, to all of you who are hard line against drugs, do me a favour, take all your CD's, Records and Tapes and burn them, because all those musicians that have made that great music that has enhanced your lives...

Rrrrrrrrreeeal high on drugs.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces