Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
A Seme-Uke?? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaramelStripes111

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:06 pm
I'm working on a shonenai/yaoi story with my own characters, but something has been bothering me.

The uke character I invented is a kind and innocent 14-year-old. The only problem is that he's a prince from a world that's currently under attack. He has skills with weapons so he can fight back, but I keep thinking: would this interfere with his uke-ee-ness??

question question question  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:13 pm
Maybe? But you could have it to wear he's not sure if he wants it or not so he's not all super-defensive. Just a lame suggestion confused  

[Romiette]

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:08 pm
*sighs* And this is why I hate the seme-uke designations. It's way too rigid.

People need to stop thinking about seme and uke in terms of dominance and submission, emotional and stoic. A person who is uke wants some one to depend on, lean on and take care of him. Or hell he just like taking it up the a**. This means that an uke can be strong and skilled in swordplay. He might be capable at beating his seme in battle but when they take off the armor and put away their swords the uke can depend on his seme to be there for him.

tl;dr?
Instead of think about your uke being too strong to defeat your seme, why don't you think of reasons why you're uke (who is so strong and independent, being a prince and all) might want to give himself to your seme. What about your seme is so deserving?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:13 am
that shouldn't hurt a thing.. there are plenty of uke's that are like RAWR... the seme is just stronger wink  

LEMURIANsavant

CaramelStripes111

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:00 pm
Well, here's the thing.

When his land is first invaded, he's really nervous and scared of what to do since his home had never been attacked before (he was taught how to use a weapon in case anything like it happened). After falling for the seme--and a li'l hot sexy man love--he gains some courage and is ready to fight.

I probably should've mentioned this... xp xp  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:47 pm
Take your ideas of how m/m couples work and chuck 'em out the window. Don't think of your characterization issues in terms of seme/uke, think of 'em in terms of, well, characterization.

-If he's nervous, he's not likely to be very calm in battle. This oftens results in death.
-If he's received good defensive training.. he either failed his class or he's not gonna be nervous in battle. Even if his country has never been attacked before.
-Why exactly does falling in love make him courageous? I hope his lover talks to him and changes his mind about it, and it ain't just the power of love.

Another side point.. he's 14 and you're making him fight in a war AND get ******** up the a**?  

Skizzors
Crew

LEMURIANsavant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:47 pm
He should sooo be a POW instead... because he tried to save his mom.... and then later be saved by his manly-man.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:02 pm
Skizzors
Take your ideas of how m/m couples work and chuck 'em out the window. Don't think of your characterization issues in terms of seme/uke, think of 'em in terms of, well, characterization.

-If he's nervous, he's not likely to be very calm in battle. This oftens results in death.
-If he's received good defensive training.. he either failed his class or he's not gonna be nervous in battle. Even if his country has never been attacked before.
-Why exactly does falling in love make him courageous? I hope his lover talks to him and changes his mind about it, and it ain't just the power of love.

Another side point.. he's 14 and you're making him fight in a war AND get ******** up the a**?

Thanks for the advice ^_^
Yeah, for the loving part, the kid's lover talks to him and stuff.

The thing is that I'm still deciding on the age: 14's my top decision, but I'm still trying to make it between 14-17 (his lover is 17 years old). The place he comes from emphasizes purity and stuff so...augh, I forgot what I was gonna say...

Quote:
He should sooo be a POW instead... because he tried to save his mom.... and then later be saved by his manly-man.

...POW? (has low fandom vocab)  

CaramelStripes111

Vexworth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:50 pm

Um, wow.
POW = prisoner of war.
There's nothing fandommy about it. o_O
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:19 pm
not at all, the uke can be strong and tough socially, but with his lover then he's all innocent and naive.  

xBriar_Rose

Aekea Mystic

20,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Andromeda3173

Mystical Neko

10,800 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:02 pm
Yagi_Yuki
not at all, the uke can be strong and tough socially, but with his lover then he's all innocent and naive.

xd Exactly! ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:33 am
Nahh, usually it doesn't matter too much ^^ 'sides, it's pretty cute when they're used to fighting and being all tough and then they meet their seme and go all mushy >/////////////<  

User_2629207

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:19 am
Andromeda3173
Yagi_Yuki

xd Exactly! ^^

true you can look at Junjo Romantica the seme in that is kinda innocent and out there in space but its still a good relationship with the uke  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:41 pm
I agree with Ladynox, but at the same time uke's can defend themselves without looking too powerful or 'dominate'. I suggest that you analyze the situation that your uke is in an go from there. He can still be battle readying, but be on the receiving end later on.  

Just Dessy

aa_beatrix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:54 pm
I don't think it would. I've seen a lot of ukes that know how to fight, but usually they're the bitchy ukes. XD  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff