Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
RAT FISHING! And other dreams with questionable significance Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kalyani Srijoi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:56 pm
Because we need a thread about strange dreams. Feel free to discuss their spiritual significance and speculate as to whether or not someone's posted dream is a lie (because we all know that secretly, people lie about their dreams).

But mostly try to discuss their spiritual significance. Here, try this one:

Rat Fishing

So I went to this person's house - I think it was supposed to be a friend. There was a mother at the house, who was fat with dirty blonde hair and a nice looking face and an irritating voice, and two nondescript kids - a boy and a girl. We went to the dining room and the light was sort of hazy. There was a light hanging from the ceiling with a bunch of little bulbs, and they all had these green stained-glass shades and they seemed almost like leaves.

We left the dining room and went out into the street. In the middle of the street there was a pipe sticking out of the road, like a straw, open. We sat around the pipes like Alaskans around a hole in the ice, fishing. We took out things that looked like those pens, where you press the end and the tip goes in and comes out. There was a button like this. We held the pens over the pipe and pressed the button and a string fell into the pipe, still attached to the pen - and then we would feel a tug and press the button again and the string would reel itself in, and little grey rats would be tied up elaborately in the string, wrapped like mummies.

We hung the squirming rats from the light fixture in the dining room.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:35 pm
I don't know.....do you not like rats?  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:26 am
I don't think any of my dreams have a spiritual significance. They're usually morbid, depressing, or just weird.

There's one dream that has always stuck with me, I think I had it when I was 6 or 7 years old. I was running around playing outside my house, except it was actually my grandparent's house on our property. I get a view that's from behind me, so I can see myself running in front of my actual vision. Anyways, an arm with a knife comes down and stabs me in the leg. That's where the dream ended.

That's really morbid for a kid to be dreaming about, isn't it? It wasn't like a sick fantasy or anything, more of a fear. But yeah, 12 years later I still remember it in detail. Maybe the beginning of my paranoia and anxiety started when I was that young.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:53 pm
Vertigo_Kiwi
I don't think any of my dreams have a spiritual significance. They're usually morbid, depressing, or just weird.

There's one dream that has always stuck with me, I think I had it when I was 6 or 7 years old. I was running around playing outside my house, except it was actually my grandparent's house on our property. I get a view that's from behind me, so I can see myself running in front of my actual vision. Anyways, an arm with a knife comes down and stabs me in the leg. That's where the dream ended.

Taking a guess, I would say that either you were afraid of "someone" at your grandparent's house or because of something that happening, "someone" attached themselves to you.

Vertigo_Kiwi
That's really morbid for a kid to be dreaming about, isn't it?

not really, but then again, I do not know if I have ever had a "good" dream.

Vertigo_Kiwi
It wasn't like a sick fantasy or anything, more of a fear. But yeah, 12 years later I still remember it in detail. Maybe the beginning of my paranoia and anxiety started when I was that young.

Yeah, that or the incident that started the dreams was he begining of your paranoia.  

jaden kendam

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:18 pm
jaden kendam

Taking a guess, I would say that either you were afraid of "someone" at your grandparent's house or because of something that happening, "someone" attached themselves to you.

That's a good idea, but I can't connect it with anyone or anything. I think it was probably just my head being all twisted up. Even today I'm afraid of being kidnapped, tortured, stabbed, etc. That's the "silly little girl" part of me.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:39 pm
Ever since the move, it's been weird dream city. From ducks and kittens on a bus, to walking on the tiers of a building that's being constructed, to my fiance cheating on me with a pink-haired b***h, to being stalked by shape-shifting serial killers up a Pennsylvanian highway...

Thankfully, I can blame most of them on either fears of mine (being cheated on), or things I see during the day (I was watching an awesome serial killer show yesterday while I did housework).  

queertastrophy

TatteredAngel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:00 pm
I used to attribute significance to my dreams when they contained detailed, real-seeming people who were not people I knew of in real life, since it was rare for my dreams to create fictional people as more than background images.

Then I started having hyper-detailed horror-movie style dreams with full plot arcs and extensive casts full of very realistic people who were not people I knew, and decided to stop and acknowledge that my dreams create excellent elaborate fictions that are fun, but just that. Fictions.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:23 am
TatteredAngel

Then I started having hyper-detailed horror-movie style dreams with full plot arcs and extensive casts full of very realistic people who were not people I knew, and decided to stop and acknowledge that my dreams create excellent elaborate fictions that are fun, but just that. Fictions.

I would like to remember some of my dreams. I would make "Silent Hill" and "Resident Evil" look like s**t. Not that the movies didnt do that, but the games as well.

Stupid hollywood saying the reason they changed Resident Evil was to have a lead female character, when Jill Valentine was already in the freaking game and Capcom letting them do it. Dumbasses.  

jaden kendam

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:45 am
I had a dream recently (can't remember if it was last night or the night before) that had Tea in it, only she was somehow blended with V.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:28 pm
TheDisreputableDog
I had a dream recently (can't remember if it was last night or the night before) that had Tea in it, only she was somehow blended with V.

Must...resist...making bad pun...about...T.V....  

queertastrophy

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:26 pm
TheDisreputableDog
Huh? eek

Vertigo,

I personally have a different take on your dream.

(I'm into a slightly modified form of Jungian symbolism)

So- if we look at the house as a symbol of the self, we note that the building itself is of your grandparents but you liken it as your own. I would suggest that such would imply that you are comforted by your relationship with them and hold their guidence as an important influence in your life.

You're playing outside of this, but still on your property, your "home turf" as it were. So you're exploring something beyond the bones of your self image.

The fact that you are younger could represent an ideal image of yourself before the "weight of the world" was placed upon your adult self. You're running and playing- playing is often an expression of whims and can be seen as "mis-spent" time, or more likely in this case- it is an expression of freedom, compounded with younth- which allows one to feel unsullied by the world around you.

The arm with the knife stabs you- it breaks the flesh, and under the flesh is the reality of what we are- and it is messy. It also took out your leg- which is the foundation of movement (progression along the path?) and put a stop to your running and playing.

It may also point directly at a specific trama that affected you the most. It's a bit personal, so I'll PM you with the meaning that comes to mind so as not to offend you.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:37 pm
Here's one I had a while back... it's kind of one of those "typical using the bathroom in public" dreams, but at the same time it has lots of elements that normally are not present in those types of dreams (at least for me).

I'm a music major at a college that's fairly well known for its music department. In the dream, I was at what was supposed to be the music school, but it looked very different - I can't remember much but I do remember it resembling a mixture of several high school and college buildings I've seen. Anyway, I had to go to the bathroom, so I sat on this random toilet that was in the middle of the school building. I figured it was okay because nobody was around. Well, as soon as I sat down, a bunch of people came in. I finished my business and cleaned up, then someone else came by and flushed it, because I had apparently not done so (incredibly weird and I have no idea why, but this part just stuck out in my memory and I didn't know if it was important). I guess I thought that a random toilet in the middle of a building wouldn't be hooked up... though I dunno why it would be okay to use it whether it was hooked up or not.

Anyway... after that I was sitting there talking to a friend of mine and she had her daughter (still a baby, both in dream and IRL) with her. The wee one was looking at the pictures in a book I had, then she turned into an orange tabby cat....

It seems like it may well be a random mishmosh of unimportance, but it was so realistic and vivid... Generally I don't remember really unimportant dreams that clearly.  

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:13 pm
So...another odd one.

I was back in Pennsylvania, sitting on the very top of a hill that you can see from my backyard. It was clearly winter, and I was surrounded by at least six inches of snow. As I sat, one of the stray cats who I was very fond of, Katie, sat next to me and let me pet and scratch her ears like she always did. Another stray cat who had died five years ago, Tucker, sat at my feet and watched.

And then, Katie turned into a lemming. Except it was weasel-shaped and size, all white with brown stripes running parallel to her tail down her back, and a huge blue stripe down her front. I geeked out, slid down the hill, wrenched open the gate, ran across the yard as the snow melted to nothing around me, and ran inside of my parent's sun-room. The lemming sat at the door and got bigger and bigger and clawed at the glass. I opened the door a crack to let my cat (who is never allowed outside), Snuggie, inside--the lemming let him pass, and then once the door was closed, it went berserk again.

I'm not sure if it's something in the water here that's making me have ridiculous dreams every night, but Goddamnit, I'd like them to stop.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:20 pm
BlueRoseTorn
So...another odd one.

I was back in Pennsylvania, sitting on the very top of a hill that you can see from my backyard. It was clearly winter, and I was surrounded by at least six inches of snow. As I sat, one of the stray cats who I was very fond of, Katie, sat next to me and let me pet and scratch her ears like she always did. Another stray cat who had died five years ago, Tucker, sat at my feet and watched.

And then, Katie turned into a lemming. Except it was weasel-shaped and size, all white with brown stripes running parallel to her tail down her back, and a huge blue stripe down her front. I geeked out, slid down the hill, wrenched open the gate, ran across the yard as the snow melted to nothing around me, and ran inside of my parent's sun-room. The lemming sat at the door and got bigger and bigger and clawed at the glass. I opened the door a crack to let my cat (who is never allowed outside), Snuggie, inside--the lemming let him pass, and then once the door was closed, it went berserk again.

I'm not sure if it's something in the water here that's making me have ridiculous dreams every night, but Goddamnit, I'd like them to stop.

okay, the lemming could be the new situation, and you are afraid of how it will work out. The cats were comforting to you.  

jaden kendam

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:22 pm
My constant dream, by some people, means I feel constantly outnumbered. And they are probably right, but oh well.

I wonder what a dream about being on a door floating in the ocean and getting attacked by a shark would mean.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff