Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
A Healing Healers Path Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:28 am
Intro:
So, for a long time I have been wanting to share my personal path and journey with you all, but have been unable to find the right words to describe it. So Here I am.

Table of Contents:
1)2)< How I came to my path/history of practices
3)4)< Creation-my view
5)6)< Magic and Ritual
7)8:9)10)11)12)13)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:56 am
How I came to my path:

When I was born, I was born into a family that was exploring a version of Satanism. According to police records I participated in rituals and magic, but as I was a baby I don’t remember much of it. So you could say my interest in magic started at a very young age.

My Foster Family wasn’t very religious. We celebrated Christmas and Easter, but that was about it. I did go to a Bible camp one summer when I was around 4. So they did teach me about religion, it just wasn’t a big part of their life, and I respect that.

Then when I was adopted my adoptive parents decided that they wanted to raise me in a religion and spent a lot of time looking for a church. In the end I grew up in a UCC church. However I did not remain that way.

Upon reaching my teens I started to take an interest in religious studies. My cousin gave me my first book on Witchcraft, and from then on I have spent time reading, discussing, and exploring my beliefs.

What really told me I was pagan, was the fact that the Gods I had “played with” as a child were still followed by others. Once I learned that I knew I was on my way, it just would take me a few years to find the “right” way. It wasn’t till a few weeks ago that I really found my path, though I still fondly remember my days as a “white light” pagan. It was an opening, and one that I took.

In a meditation I received a UPG from a healing Goddess. This Goddess basically showed me a vision of my future. I am a healer in the Native American sense of the term (Mental, Physical, Spiritual) as all are part of the whole. Now that I have my direction, I am on my way to training in different systems.

I am an Eclectic Pagan. To me this means that I must spend a lot of time studying the mythology of the different cultures I borrow from. I have worked with Greek Gods, Celtic Gods, and Egyptian Gods. However I always try to do so respectfully and in a way that is close to the culture they come from.

This is a path that is constantly changing and evolving as I grow and have new experiences with spirit. In some ways I’m a shaman, and in others a witch. I call myself a witch and a healer, as that is what resonates with me.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:55 am
Basic Beliefs:

Deity

View on deity
The best I can describe my views on deity is a Monistic Pantheistic animistic Hard Polytheist .

Here is an explanation of why these terms apply to me:

Monistic-
Monism is defined as:
dictionary.com
–noun
Philosophy.
a.
(in metaphysics) any of various theories holding that there is only one basic substance or principle as the ground of reality, or that reality consists of a single element. Compare dualism (def. 2), pluralism (def. 1a).

b.
(in epistemology) a theory that the object and datum of cognition are identical. Compare pluralism (def. 1b).
the reduction of all processes, structures, concepts, etc., to a single governing principle; the theoretical explanation of everything in terms of one principle.
the conception that there is one causal factor in history; the notion of a single element as primary determinant of behavior, social action, or institutional relations.

Ok So I believe that the Universe is basically made up of one thing. I believe the universe is held with in the limitless mind of THE ALL. THE ALL is Mind there fore the universe is made up of THE ALL. (More on this in the hermetics post)

Pantheist-
Pantheism is defined as:
dictionary.com
–noun
the doctrine that God is the transcendent reality of which the material universe and human beings are only manifestations: it involves a denial of God's personality and expresses a tendency to identify God and nature.
any religious belief or philosophical doctrine that identifies God with the universe.
I go with the second definition.

Ok so as I said I believe the universe is held in the mind of THE ALL, and THE ALL is also the universe.

Animist-
The dictionary defines Animist as:
Dictionary.com
–noun
the belief that natural objects, natural phenomena, and the universe itself possess souls.
the belief that natural objects have souls that may exist apart from their material bodies.
the doctrine that the soul is the principle of life and health.
belief in spiritual beings or agencies.

I believe all things contain spirit. I believe that THE ALL is Spirit. We are all thoughts with in THE ALL as such we all contain spirit.

Hard Polytheist:
I believe all Gods to be individual entities. There may be some similarities between the deities of different cultures, but they are separate beings.

General view on deities:

I believe deities to be beings of a spiritual nature who have learned many lessons and have wisdom and understanding beyond what is possible for humans. I believe that they ascended to Godhood once learning all the lessons they were meant to learn in their previous forms. I do believe they can ascend further and become one with THE ALL if they choose, but they are separate entities until then. Part of THE ALL but yet not THE ALL.

To quote the Kybalion:
The Kybalion
On the Seven Minor Planes of the Great Spiritual Plane exist Beings of whom we may speak as Angels; Archangels; Demi-Gods. On the lower Minor Planes dwell those great souls whom we call Masters and Adepts. Above them come the Great Hierarchies of the Angelic Hosts, unthinkable to man; and above those come those who may without irreverence be called "The Gods," so high in the scale of Being are they, their being, intelligence and power being akin to those attributed by the races of men to their conceptions of Deity. These Beings are beyond even the highest flights of the human imagination, the word "Divine" being the only one applicable to them. Many of these Beings, as well as the Angelic Host, take the greatest interest in the affairs of the Universe and play an important part in its affairs. These Unseen Divinities and Angelic Helpers extend their influence freely and powerfully, in the process of Evolution, and Cosmic Progress. Their occasional intervention and assistance in human affairs have led to the many legends, beliefs, religions and traditions of the race, past and present. They have superimposed their knowledge and power upon the world, again and again, all under the Law of THE ALL, of course.

But, yet, even the highest of these advanced Beings exist merely as creations of, and in, the Mind of THE ALL, and are subject to the Cosmic Processes and Universal Laws. They are still Mortal. We may call them "gods" if we like, but still they are but the Elder Brethren of the Race,--the advanced souls who have outstripped their brethren, and who have foregone the ecstasy of Absorption by THE ALL, in order to help the race on its upward journey along The Path. But, they belong to the Universe, and are subject to its conditions--they are mortal--and their plane is below that of Absolute Spirit.
"THE ALL IS MIND; The Universe is Mental."--The Kybalion.

Afterlife

I do believe in life after death. I also believe in reincarnation. I believe that when you die you are given a few choices. You can either ascend and become one with Great Spirit, Reincarnate and experience new life, or remain as a spirit and help others.

If you ascend, you are one with deity. You are part of them. It is possible to still contact those you love, but you are not an indivdual. If your spirit decides that it wants to be free, then you are free to become just a spirit.

Those who choose to remain as apirits may eventually reincarnate. They have the choice. Basically you are free to do as you will. There is no one complete answer as to what happens.

I do not believe that when we reincarnate it is in the same body. I believe we are new people with new lives and experiences. You may be in the same family, but you wont be the same person. The only thing that remains the same is your essential spirit.

Animals have the same options. They are alive after all, and they have a spirit to them. I know that there have been times when I've felt my dog Buster's presence during the day, and he died 2 years ago!

Other spirits

I believe that all things in nature have some sort of spirit. This is what allows us to use magic and healing. They give us their energy and the like. The same goes for places and areas. How else can you explain having a bad feeling about a specific place?

By the power of the mind much is possible

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:48 pm
Creation

Basically my view of creation is tone that at one point there was one great source of energy contained in a tiny spec. Eventually it couldn't contain it's self, so it exploded and created space. This energy then became a sentient being on a different plane of reality.

It found a small planet and created life, but was still alone. This being then gave birth to a great Goddess and God to look after the life on the physical plane. In many ways he became the earth, the God the Sky, and the Goddess the underworld. Yet all three can be found in all areas.

The three main deities, Great Spirit, Sky father, and Earth Mother are all connected. They gave birth to all the other deities and from then on all Gods were born.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:42 pm
Special Days

Like many neo-pagans I celerbrate the quarters and the cross quarters, or if you have read 8 Sabbats for witches by the Farrar's you know the one's I'm talking about. However they take on a different meaning for me.

Samhain/Morte'don sad October 31 or Nov 1)
This day is about honoring the lives of those who have passed. It is when the spirit of the earth losses energy and must start to rest, for this reason it is the last of the harvest.

Yule/Winters Eve:
This is a day spent in remembering our ancestors who had to live in harsh conditions. It is also a day to remember that the Earth Mother has started to return from the Under world and go to her love the Lord of the Sky, which will bring us life!

Imbolc sad Feb 2)
To me this is a healers festival. It is a day to start healing from the harsh winter and begin to prepare for the spring. This also means that children should be honored as new life is going to begin soon!

Ostra:
This is the first day of spring, and the first day of planting. It is a time to cherish the young and generate energy. The earth is being reborn of the love of Great Father sky and Mother of the Underworld.

Beltane:
This is a festival of life. It's ment to generate sexual and fertile energy so that we may have crops for the year.

Litha:
The earth is fertile, and some early crops have started to show. Honor the life force they give and work on those yet to come.

Lammas:
The first of the harvest has come. Honor the reiki they give and that you recieve from them.

Mabon/Thanks giving:
Most of the harvest is done, only a few crops remain. Honor them and gather them.

Other days

Thanksgiving:
Honors the past and looks to the future

New moon:
Rebirth

Full Moon:
Love of the spirits  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:36 pm
Magic and Ritual:

Ritual

Ritual is a very important part of my religious practice. It is not only how I connect with the Gods, but how I express my thanks for all they give me. I'm not as good as I could be about doing ritual when I have a holiday, or special occasion, but I'm only human. What I do try to do though is at least meditate on those times, and connect with them.

The structure of my ritual changes on my mood. Sometimes it's complex, and others it's simple. I do usually plan an intricate ritual, but I don't always use that ritual. Some times simple is all I need to express my thanks and devotion to the Gods.

As this is an evolving path, I sometimes try new things. Most of my work comes from books claiming to be about Wicca. I know it's not, so I just use what I feel is useful. However there are times that I might try something different and new.

Magic

To me, the ability to use magic is a gift that the Gods gave us. Magic is the ability to cause a change in our life for the better. In it's most basic form it's visualizing a dream coming true.

Healing magic works simmaler, but different. This magic is focused on benefiting another person. While you can heal yourself, I find it's easier to help heal some one else.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:46 pm
Divination:

Divination is an important part of my spiritual path. There are many forms that I try, which include: Tarot, Lemornand Cartomancy, Cartomancy, Runes, Spirit of the Wheel meditation cards, Sacred Path cards, Wolf Song cards, Medicine cards, and the I ching.

I try to do a reading daily to see what the spirits have to teach me. Through divination I have been able to find my true path, and be guided twords my future. I do not believe it is absolute, but I do believe that they can give you a direction.

I am also studying palmistry, Astrology, Tea leave reading, and Scrying. According to my family, Cartomancy has been practiced for generations, so learning that is helpful.

I do believe that divination is one of the ways that spirits communicate with us. Some times they can see things that we can't, and only through a reading like this, would we be able to hear them.

I will do professional readings some day, but now I just do it as a personal practice, and for family and friends. I interpret them based on the previous images and or cards.

So far all of my readings have proved to be accurate, and exceedingly well done. I have been doing these readings off and on for 7 years now, and I am quite happy. Though I do always learn something new.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:28 am
Other practices:

As of right now I am trained in Reiki 1. I hope to be trained in other systems of healing. I am going to school to be a Therapist, and I plan on getting a degree in Social work and Trans personal Psychology. At some point I'd like to add Massage Therapy, and Shamanic journeying into my practice. I am a healer, and I believe that one should learn many different healing systems.

For me Reiki is a type of spiritual healing. When you hold a session you are asking(as my teacher called them) the Compassionate ones to help you heal your client. Reiki literally means "Universal Energy". While Reiki isn't a religion, some level of spirituality is needed. As my teacher explained to me, You don't use any of your own energy. You are directing the energy of the earth and stars to heal. Basically you need some connection to spirits.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:35 am
Psychology and My spiritual Path

I am a survivor of sexual abuse. I am also in the process of adapting to living life with mental Illness. One of the therapies I am involved in is called DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy). This therapy teaches you skills to help you cope with many different things.

As I have been going through my lessons in DBT, I am seeing how psychology and therapy can be integrated in spirituality. One the key skills in DBT is "One Mindfully-in the moment". To me I can apply that to ritual and be one in the moment.

Since I believe that healing should be mental, physical, and spiritual, DBT is one way of adding and combing spiritual and mental. DBT teaches meditation and connecting with the divine as self soothing. Thus DBT teaches spirituality and connection to the Divine.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:44 am
Daily Practices

Every day I try to connect with the divine. As I am healing this helps me to find what areas of my life I need to focus on. There is so much work that I need to do before I can be a true healer, that I sometimes need advice.

One way I connect is through daily Meditation. This calms my mind and allows my spirit to wander. Its through these meditations that I have begun to learn my path and where I need to go.

I also do a reading and visualization exercise every day. This helps me to work those mussels and practice my skills. Some days I also do energy work on my fiance'. I'm always doing something to connect with the Divine.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:52 am
Sample Ritual

12< Cleanse Ritual Area
34< Meditation
5< Create sacred Space
67< Dance/Drum/Chant
8< Working (healing, spellcraft, ect)
9< More meditation
10< Great Rite
11< Cakes and Ale
12< Benediction
13< Clean up.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:53 am
Questions

TeaDidikai
Would you be kind enough to list your Reiki lineage?

From the begining:
Mikao Usui
Chujiro Hayashi
Hawayo Takata-
Bethel Phaigh, Harry Kuboi, Beth Gray, Phyllis Furomoto
William Rand (from the above masters)
Carol Hall (also received attunements from: John Harvey Gray *iniated/attuned by Mrs. Takata*, Diane Stein, Lizz Tarr, Lourelle Gaia, Jessica Miller, & Susan Isabel)
Lisa Lebel
Yvonne Thibodeau  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:58 am
sources

The Green Witchcraft Series
The Temple of Witchcraft Series
Reiki Manual

There are others, but I don't have a complete list yet. I'll add as I go on!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:01 am
A couple questions:

Since about half the names form the Sabbats your mentioned belong to a closed culture- what has lead you to believe it is ethical to use those names?

TeaDidikai

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:27 am
TeaDidikai
A couple questions:

Since about half the names form the Sabbats your mentioned belong to a closed culture- what has lead you to believe it is ethical to use those names?

I'm actually working on utilizing new names that suit me. For now, I only use them as they are the common names found in most books.

My Reiki instructor is named Yvonne Thibodeau. I can get her lineage tomorrow when I have another class.  
PathWays

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff