Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

`McLaren

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:26 am
Quote:
Death Note Confirmed to Air on Adult Swim October 20
The Adult Swim network in the United States has confirmed on its online message boards that it will premiere the Death Note supernatural suspense anime series on October 20 at 12:00 a.m. The network had previously posted a television schedule with that timeslot's program title blacked out, but also broadly hinted that it would be Death Note. Adult Swim sub-licensed the series from Viz Media, which also releases the original manga series. The Viz Pictures live-action film affiliate will release the two live-action films.

So, has anyone heard of this? Y'all American's out there, y'all excitied about the release? Is anyone gonna scream?
I have to go say my "I told you so's" to people now.
Discuss here o 3o.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:23 pm
:O

:O

I'm happy and sad at the same time! D:
It's gonna be awesome having it on Adult Swim, but at the same time it's gonna get uber-popular! D: And we're gonna have tons of stupid fangirls around claiming L and Raito as their own and stuff like that...

u_u  

mond -an- mitternacht

DeathOrCake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:37 pm
Ya I agree with Tsuki-chan. And I seriously don't like the english dubs, but I guess I can deal with it :/ They could have done a better job with Raito's voice actor I think....Well thats my opinion :T

Lawlz It's going to be showingz a week and sum days before L's birthday xD How ironic  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:04 pm
Yeah the voice actors suck but I am excited! That means I can watch it, laugh at it, laugh at the idiot fan-tards that are going to come, and buy merchandise at Hot Topic! Bright side people, bright side!  

Tall-Trees-Falling

NejiShikaItalover92

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:37 pm
choco death cookie
Yeah the voice actors suck but I am excited! That means I can watch it, laugh at it, laugh at the idiot fan-tards that are going to come, and buy merchandise at Hot Topic! Bright side people, bright side!

Same here, I'm just worried about the voice actors and people who will soon just jump on the DeathNote bandwagon from just watching in America, but oh well. I hope they make an L shirt, that'd be so AWESOME!!!!! xd  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:53 pm
Agreed. Let us all just look forward to the fan-goodies! 3nodding And hopefully just ignore any of the annoying fans... I might be annoying, but I know better... I'm not much of a match for L-kun, and I'd rather punch Light in the face or at least kick him. Hard.

Anyway as I was saying, I already know that I'm not much of a match for L-kun. Which is dissapointing, but true. *sighs* But the same would go for other anime/video game guys that I like, too. I doubt most of the true annoying fans even stop to think how the characters would really react to them.

A good example would be the ones that are all for Uchiha Itachi. I like him too, but I know that he's more likely to kill me than love me. And I'd rather not take that risk.

Another good one would be Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho. He's probably want to kill me too, but find me to be either less or of equal idiocy to Kuwabara.

So, uhmn... yeah. I just don't think I'd be proper to think of myself as something so close to L, maybe a friend... through Matt. sweatdrop I blame the love for video games.

Yeah, I'll stop now. Before I fumble over my own words more. Back to the normal place I can be found!  

Stephkotsu

Nillava

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:36 pm
i might stay up to watch it, but other than that i cant wait for the fan goodies :3  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:19 pm
NejiShikaItalover92
choco death cookie

Same here, I'm just worried about the voice actors and people who will soon just jump on the DeathNote bandwagon from just watching in America, but oh well. I hope they make an L shirt, that'd be so AWESOME!!!!! xd

Ahaha I totally forgot about the goodz :> They MUST sell Death Note yummies at Hot Topic. Though that store is expensive which is the only bad thing >.< I'd still get an L shirt though! <3 If not then...I'll make myself one! D:  

DeathOrCake

ScottyQuick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:02 pm
Honestly, I'm pissed off beyond belief.
I was hoping YTV would air it because I don't get Cartoon Network.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:49 am
Yes! And that means it'll hopefully it'll be next to Bleach??? [zomg my two favorite things in the world! ^^] And the fans don't seem to be as big of a problem with stuff on Adult Swim I think... it's stuff on Toonam [Naruto] that really suffers from the ridiculous fanbase. And merchandise'll be fun!

But why are they licensing the movies when they're already available in a legal region 1 coding format with subtitles? [they're really rare but I know they're out there cuz I have both of them...]

And the dubbing... it sounds pretty icky from what I've heard but I'm sure I'll learn to deal with it... since I'll probably just tape it and watch it when I feel like it as I do with Naruto and Bleach.

And a plus side I see is that people who do like anime and are pretty decent fans but don't like watching stuff on the Net [like my cousins] will get to see it and they shouldn't jump on it too quickly since they're real anime people.

Lastly, where'd ya quote that from cuz I looked at my usual source and I don't see anything about it so I'd like to check it out and look into it as I can.

Jam-Kiske

Shameless Lunatic

Keyblades_R_Kool

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:51 am
It's good and all they're putting it on adult swim... But if its at 12:00... what happens to Bleach?
And I'm hoping they dub the voices at least as good as they did Bleach's...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:00 pm
Man thats exciteding but also totally sucky...
I was gonna cosplay L at the January con in my state...
now there will probably be like fifty of them everywhere....
(but maybe fangirls will give free candy? *hopeful*)  

Acolyte Je[z]ebel

Jam-Kiske

Shameless Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:16 pm
Acolyte Je[z]ebel
Man thats exciteding but also totally sucky...
I was gonna cosplay L at the January con in my state...
now there will probably be like fifty of them everywhere....
(but maybe fangirls will give free candy? *hopeful*)

That's true... cuz my friends are hopefuly now doing: Raito, L, Ryuk [hopefully...], and Misa... who are all probably gonna be common. And I'm being Mello! So perhaps I'll stand out... XD Though that's not till May so it'll probably be quite known by then....  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:55 am
Lyke omg really!XD lol awesome.
But serously will it be in english or will it have subtitles?

catching_tadpoles65

13Mizu-Chan13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:59 am
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *faints* heart heart heart heart heart heart  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff