Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Fanworks
This is a problem... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Priestess of Sekhmet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:49 pm
Ok, so last night I read a Snarry fanfic where Snape and Harry are doing Occlumency lessons, and Snape finds a memory of Harry being raped by Sirius. I picked up the seventh book again and came across his name(Sirius's) and I felt this huge hatred. *puts head in hands* I don't want to hate him!! crying crying
PS this pic rules: http://www.cutandpastescripts.com/cgi-bin/randomimages/randomimages.pl?username=Goddess_Cerridwen  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:18 am
Oh, great, now I've lost it for Serious, but caught it for Ron! crying  

Priestess of Sekhmet

LilMeady

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:10 am
I really don't have that problem... Well, except RPs can ruin it for me and not actual fics. Sirius raping Harry is too out-of-character for me to bear. then again, it's the same with most snarry

However, I actually started liking Bellatrix after I RPed her (yes, I RPed a person I hated) and then started reading fics which only made her better in my eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:47 pm
oh I definitely have that problem a lot. I hate Dumbledore so bad because of a few fics that basically call him a manipulative git.... I just can't get that picture out of my head... I was actually happy at the end of the 6th book...  

Haydn Phoenix

WhiteLace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:39 am
I have the habit of not taking Voldemort seriously due to fandom in general, but not really fanfics/RPs. Actually, the same with most Death Eaters. >_>  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:10 am
I've never really had that problem...

Shadowolf~Forever

Tipsy Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Millionaire 200

cuzwhit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:36 pm
I personally don't like Snarry...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:25 pm
Well, Dumbledore IS manipulative..
I have that problem with Voldemort too! I can't even take him seriously. Mostly because of Waldymart and Harry Potter Puppet Pals. I see him, and it's like "Oh, what a cute little villain!"  

Pearls of Dimond

pudoupan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.SWEETEN up my life~~~~

That pic is made of awesomeness heart

But generally I don't have such a problem, because I only really read fics with good characterisation. I'm a cannoncial fanatic, although that's slightly hypocritical since I ship such random pairings...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:01 pm
LilMeady
I really don't have that problem... Well, except RPs can ruin it for me and not actual fics. Sirius raping Harry is too out-of-character for me to bear. then again, it's the same with most snarry

However, I actually started liking Bellatrix after I RPed her (yes, I RPed a person I hated) and then started reading fics which only made her better in my eyes.

Yes, yes me too!! I RP Narcissa, now I love her!  

Priestess of Sekhmet

inmypod

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:26 am
may i please have a link to that story. I havent read a good snarry fic in a while.

pleazze heart

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:18 pm
Pearls of Dimond
Well, Dumbledore IS manipulative..
I have that problem with Voldemort too! I can't even take him seriously. Mostly because of Waldymart and Harry Potter Puppet Pals. I see him, and it's like "Oh, what a cute little villain!"

Myself as well... only whenever I see Ron or Harry now, all I can think is "Hugging!" "Harry hit me!" "Ron invaded my personal bubble!" or my favorite (and the one that affects me the most sweatdrop ) "I'm feeling angry and pubescent today, and I don't know why!"  

Shikonkun

melon-san

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:45 pm

to:usiylover2

the EXACT same thing has happened to me for Mr.Weasly! i came across a fic in which he rapes harry. its a very good fic but from now on every time i read about him or see him in the movies i feel the urge to throw whatever is in close vincinty. or i giggle. (does that make me sick?)

also, may i ask, what is said fic called?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:03 pm

I don't really have much of a problem when it comes to that in fanfictions... such as characters being harassed by other character's that wouldn't normally happen in the book. I think that's why... because to me it's a fanfiction and I can step away from the computer and pick up a copy of the book to comfort myself away from those negative images ((lol.. I'm pathetic))... but let's say J.K. Rowling were to publish a book with that in it... I think then my whole outlook on a character would change completely... such as the ending of the seventh book... *cries in remembrance.*
Oh, by the way.. I too would like the link to this fanfiction for I am quite interested now...

iPumperdiddle

Rayvyn_Vaughn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:19 pm
I've never really had that problem. I try to make sure the way the characters are portrayed in fanfics don't cloud how I look at the character in the books. It's hard sometimes because I'll read one fanific and then read one of the books and scenes from the fic will pop into my head and I'll momentarily think, "That's supposed to happen! stressed " Then I realize it's not in the actual book. Pretty pathetic. sweatdrop  
Fanworks

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff