Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
AC and smuggling are just as bad as vac-hacking! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of AC?
  It's great! I use it all the time!
  I don't use it, but I don't mind that other people do.
  It's retarded and against the rules!
  AC? What's that?
View Results

__penguin__
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:05 pm
OMGWTF, people! Why does everyone think AC (auto-clicker) and smuggling (getting items out of PQs) are okay? When I talk to people about how AC sucks, they just go, "oh, it's just ac!" or "ac isn't hacking!". It's just as against the rules as vac-hacking is and it pisses me off to see that no one thinks it is! scream  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:11 pm
AC = 3rd Party program giving you an advantage.
Vaccing is the same type of thing.

however, find in the terms of service where it says smuggling is against the rules, and i'll beleive it. >>;

Feety
Crew

__penguin__
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:16 pm
Feety
AC = 3rd Party program giving you an advantage.
Vaccing is the same type of thing.

however, find in the terms of service where it says smuggling is against the rules, and i'll beleive it. >>;

Feety! I respected you! gonk

Well, for one thing, aren't they banning some smugglers? And doesn't it say something about not taking advantage of glitches?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:38 pm
Smuggling isn't a glitch.
You simply lag yourself.

Feety
Crew

Brighte

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:40 pm
i dont use it, but its fine with me if the leader of my pq party uses it... i want exp >.>  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:08 pm
Feety
You simply lag yourself.

It is still unfair.

PQ's are meant to be played fully, and enjoyed the way they are meant to be.

Smuggling may not be against the rules, but it is exploiting the system.

I'm pretty sure exploitation is bad.

AC is a hack, and is wrong.

A Rusty Nail

XxGundamWingxX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:09 pm
i dont use ac cause its accualty really easy to get in normaly anyway all u need is a fast hand but i dont mind if other people use it

but might i ask what on earth is smuggling i hear about but never knew wat it is  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:57 pm
Feety
You simply lag yourself.
For shame D:
It doesn't have to be a "glitch". There's a clause in the ToS stating Nexon can ban you for playing the game in a manner un-intended by the creators of the game. I'd like to see anyone rationalize disconnecting your internet in order to keep an item intended for one-time use as being an intentional means of PQing.

We even had a thread about how it's a ToS violation a while back.  

madanthony

zonic69

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:03 pm
i thought "glitch pq" was just a smuggle run o.O  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:45 pm
XxGundamWingxX
i dont use ac cause its accualty really easy to get in normaly anyway all u need is a fast hand but i dont mind if other people use it

but might i ask what on earth is smuggling i hear about but never knew wat it is

its quite rare to get into a pq by clicking versus a person with ac. ac can click around 60 times a second (depends on the ac) and ur finger can prolly do like 5 or 10 max. And say in ludi pq, to pass the stages you need to get a certain number of passes. Well smuggling is when you gathar up passes in ur inventory, then u "lag" urself by unpluging ur internet connection and whatnot, and that way the passes stay in your inventory. So next ludi pq, instead of fighting all the ratz in stage 1, u already have the passes to pass the stage.  

Brighte

A Rusty Nail

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:37 am
Lol, that's how you smuggle?

I smuggled those crappy useless earrings outta Guild PQ earlier...

I just looted them as I exited...

Simple.

O_o

Then I gave them to someone, cause she wanted em. xD

Probably gone by now.

razz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:33 am
I don't use A.C and Frankly it does get a bit annoying when beaten by people who have custom A.C because I find people who get there A.C from the internet are quite easy to beat "most of the time"

But I do admit though that there wasn't an a.c because I could get in fare easy if there wasn't but because of A.C I have to strain my hand to get in. Which I get in quite a bit and all but it gets rather tiering after a while.

Though it is a similar program of hacking tools and the rules clearly state that it isn't allowed but it's hard for GMS to ban people for a.c more so than the other hack programs.

Now smuggling It isn't against the rules due to they never said you couldn't lag your self to gain passes. Though I find it annoying if I have to lead and the 4members by my side suggest a smugger so I have to go out of my way and find one sort of annoying. That and sometimes the fact that it ruined the old way of OPQ Rush yeah I hate the new way they rush it, it's rather annoying but people just like to find more and more ways to be lazy and level up.

So as long as there is a way or people doing it, so will others and the word spreads on how to do it and everyone els has to do it or a high amount of people anyhow. .

Mireku

Nekenshi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:48 am
I play first person shooters. I get my parties in.

Fastest clicker on the East Coast  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:57 am
Being that I don't do any quests that require you to need AC, it's useless to me. Besides if it takes all that just to get in, I'll do without. All I do these days is gpq and train until I'm strong enough to do painus and zakum.

I never knew how to smuggle, even though I know now how to, I still can't and find it equally as useless, it's just laziness.

Kaiorin II

Zarow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:18 pm
Smuggling is exploiting the system.
Nexon ToS:
Exploit errors in design, features which are not documented and/or bugs to gain access that would otherwise not be available or to obtain any competitive advantage;

Feature not documented: Taking pieces out of PQ.
Bug: Taking pieces out of the PQ

IT IS AGAINST THE TOS.  
Maple Story

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas