Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:07 pm
This thread is where people should go for advice on painting their armies, or showing off great paint-jobs of their own.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:11 pm
User Image
Fensilar 29th Pattern Troopers won 4th in guild model comp months ago  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

The Shirt Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:12 pm
ARGHHH ******** MAN. i need advice on how to take pictures of my figures. I can't get the camera to take a decent picture of them. I have a 3 megapix digital camera. BUT NO. it won't work. Aggravation. Any advice on what serface to take it on, or lighting?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:09 pm
dont ask me about that my wife took those ones you should have seen the ones i took  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

The Shirt Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:19 pm
Mat
dont ask me about that my wife took those ones you should have seen the ones i took
Oh. Yeah mine turned out all fuzz no character.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:46 pm
Blood_Pearl
ARGHHH ******** MAN. i need advice on how to take pictures of my figures. I can't get the camera to take a decent picture of them. I have a 3 megapix digital camera. BUT NO. it won't work. Aggravation. Any advice on what serface to take it on, or lighting?

Well, first you gotta set it for up close. I hope you have a tripod, cause that'll also help make the picture better. Set up a tripod, put a piece of white paper or cloth behind the mini, and then have atleast three bright light sourses, all pointed at the mini. Then, take away. I recommend zooming up to the mini, instead of getting so close. And also, don't move the camera to take different angles, move the mini. :3;;  

Raw_fishFood

The Shirt Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:49 pm
Usagi Ninja
Blood_Pearl

Well, first you gotta set it for up close. I hope you have a tripod, cause that'll also help make the picture better. Set up a tripod, put a piece of white paper or cloth behind the mini, and then have atleast three bright light sourses, all pointed at the mini. Then, take away. I recommend zooming up to the mini, instead of getting so close. And also, don't move the camera to take different angles, move the mini. :3;;
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/underworlddragon/Picture005.jpg http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/underworlddragon/Picture004.jpg http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/underworlddragon/Picture003.jpg http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/underworlddragon/Picture002.jpg http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/underworlddragon/Picture001.jpg (please note that these are the very first things i have ever painted.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:14 pm
Oh yeah and just incase you can't tell. The red is blood splatter and they are camo. Constructive comments please and thank you biggrin  

The Shirt Ninja

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:46 pm
They dont seem to be fully painted.....  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:50 am
they look like followers of nurgle  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:34 am
Blood_Pearl
Oh yeah and just incase you can't tell. The red is blood splatter and they are camo. Constructive comments please and thank you biggrin
I thought me and ophi were the only ones using grey instead of silver on weapons... smile Nice to see someone else doing it.

My advice:
1 - water down paints to thin them
2 - take your time. I can spend hours painting one marine.
3 - Detail. My marines have a two-tone effect caused by drybrushing now, it adds depth and detail although it pretty much doubles painting time.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:36 am
i use an airbrush color on my weapons called gunmetal its not like GWs boltgun metal  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:40 am
Mat
i use an airbrush color on my weapons called gunmetal its not like GWs boltgun metal
for me, it's Foundry. Charcoal Black 34B to do the prime, and 34C to do the highlight  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:17 am
Yeah i originally bought the stuff to do some WWII minis but then i started to get 40k minis it works best on the metal models but work almost as good on plastics  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

The Shirt Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:27 am
How do they not seem fully painted? I know there crap but i did it all with acrylics and a fairly large paintbrush. Each marine took me about 30 minutes. And i like the grey rather then silver. Silver is to shiny.

PS: That was like there 4th coat. That's why you can't see details. And i know i need to fix brother octavians head. I can't get his eyes with the brush i have. It's to fat.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff