Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Having the guts to "retire" from Maple. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mimoto Kawasari

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:55 pm
Today, I retired from Maple Story. I retired because of College, and it feels odd to not play MS. >.O I can't explain it, but I don't miss the game, but rather my friends that I made "on" that game. I feel weird just not playing it, rofl. @.@; I'll come back around December or November, probably.

What about you guys? Have you ever retired from MapleStory for more than a month or so? Whether it is because of your education (Schooling, etc), or just family matters irl, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:06 pm
I've gone off for 2 months because of school and.... depression.
Anyway, it felt weird, but later I began to get used to it.
It feels weird to play even now, though I've been playing for months.

If you miss your friends but not the game, ask your friend's to get an instant messenger.
Then go on for even longer, until you miss the game.
Eh, whatever it takes for you to love the game even more.  

Zarow

A Rusty Nail

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:07 pm
You already know my case probably.

I was gone a few months, due to quitting for another game, and someone went and changed my pin shortly after I 'quit'.

Course right when I get my pin back, look where I am. Lol.

Its good to take a nice long break every once in awhile, but if you're gone for to long, your friends are going to remove you probably.

Before I was gone, I had like, a full list of 50 names.

I come back to 37.

I'm down to 21, 1 being new and 1 being someones new characters.

Well hey, good luck in college.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:59 pm
I had to a while back, my mom moved temporarily into Fairbanks and I had to go with out internet for 2-3 months it sucked but yeah I couldn't get on maple or talk on msn or anything. xD  

Aworie

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:55 am
Lol, you need guts to retire from MS? o.O
I see it more as discipline. I mean I don't think it's something courageous xp
Anyway, it doesn't really interfere with school for me since I play about 2hours max per day now. Normally only an hour.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:59 am
D i v i n i t y
Anyway, it doesn't really interfere with school for me since I play about 2hours max per day now. Normally only an hour.

See, I'm usually online like 5 hours a day, normally. But 75% of the time, I just chat. >.> So in my case, it's a lot different than your's.  

Mimoto Kawasari

TiffanyTiffTiff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:00 am
i would never have the guts to retire from maplestory its to fun. but I didn't play it for like a few months because it's not working on our comp. so..I have to install it again. sucks crying  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:04 pm
Ryuu Fukushima
D i v i n i t y

See, I'm usually online like 5 hours a day, normally. But 75% of the time, I just chat. >.> So in my case, it's a lot different than your's.

I used to be a hardcore MSer thoguh. Like, I think, in the summer, I once played for like 12hrs straight.(well I stopped to eat but went right back to playing). Now, I go on only about an hour a day or less because it's a bit boring but I'll sometimes train and just chat.  

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200

Mimoto Kawasari

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:16 pm
D i v i n i t y
Ryuu Fukushima
D i v i n i t y

I used to be a hardcore MSer thoguh. Like, I think, in the summer, I once played for like 12hrs straight.(well I stopped to eat but went right back to playing). Now, I go on only about an hour a day or less because it's a bit boring but I'll sometimes train and just chat.

Really? Pro! Once, during Saturdays around March, I remember playing from 10 AM - 5 PM (7 hours so far), straight, non-stop. Then I went to my Youth Community Center to do some work, and I get to stay there late at night as long as I want, so I ended up working from 6PM-7:30PM. Then playing Maple from 8PM - 5:30AM (7.5 hours)straight with my best friend, and this was when my main was in his 4X's.

A total of 14.5 hours per Saturdays around March-April, I was one hell of a grinder back then. Now I'm more laid-back, and train once in a while, and chat. xp Meh.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:43 am
Lol, I've done like 16 hours yesterday. sad

Also, like 17 one day...I remember it saying 6, I logged out sometime, then sometime 11. >_>;;

Save me! D;

A Rusty Nail

xXiTyrXx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:47 am
ive given up 5 yrs cuz of loss of acc and comp probs and friend probs and family probs my life was kinda ******** back then  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:27 pm
Maplestory is like a drug.>..< yesh i tried to quit but then about a month later...i am playing it agine -.-. stressed  

Sin of light

Yuzi_K

Healing Hero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:32 pm
I took a forced break for a year. I had a crappy a** computer.

Ill tell you one thing though. College doesnt take away your time. Somehow it gives you a LOT of free time. I spent most of my first year in college playing Maple. xD  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:37 pm
Yuzi_K
I took a forced break for a year. I had a crappy a** computer.

Ill tell you one thing though. College doesnt take away your time. Somehow it gives you a LOT of free time. I spent most of my first year in college playing Maple. xD

xD
Pro, Yuzi! xD
Well, when I'm in college, I hope I'm busy enough to not be playing MS 24/7 xP
Not literally but I'm guessing that I won't play MS that much or won't even play it anymore by THEN o.o  

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200

Tacite
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:59 am

I quit before you did. rofl
User Image

Maple Story