Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
American Cheese? French Bread? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:55 am
So, we got in a big argument with the french over the war. They didn't agree on it and chose not to vote to go to Iraq. Good decision. I think so anyway. I understand this..... What I don't understand is our reaction to it. "So, they didn't agree..heh heh heh" Says McDonald's "We'll name the french fries..uhm...FREEDOM FRIES!" As if naming it this was some kind of great accomplishment. So, it swept the nation like it was some ground breaking movement! As if the french were going to be wounded by this. "Oh, you have wounded our pride! We must seek revenge!" When instead they're most likely saying "You stupid Americans, they were never french to begin with!" Yes...It's a bit rediculous, but we're Americans. When have you known us not to be rediculous? Anyway...

I was talking about this with my mother in the store. There are so many things we forgot to rename! I didn't notice it before. We were walking through the store just to get a few minor things. We're making hamburgers tonight! Yay! But, first we needed to stuff to make them.. We went grabbed some watermelon, nummy.. Got some tomatoes. Some letuce.. And, we couldn't decide if we wanted the 'Original Buba Burgers'(That's what they serve to people in prison, isn't it?) or some other off-name brand. I think we decided on the off-name brand.

Then we went to get some Freedom Bread... Yes, I said Freedom Bread... At least that's what they should have named it. What? If you're going to rename the french fries into Freedom Fries, then we should rename the french bread, right? Right. So, we got some freedom bread. Yay freedom bread! Oh, and I forgot we got some new Air Freshener, ~Spray spray~ Smells, like freedom vanilla.

Oh, and we almost made the worst mistake of all, we almost forgot to get cheese! So, we went to go get some cheese; because no hamburger is complete without cheese, right? Yes, right...But, there are thousands of cheeses! I heart cheese. Swiss, and Cheddar, and Monterey Jack and Goodah! It makes me drool right now even as I write about it.

And, now that I think about it. Do you think the French have American Cheese? Nah...They couldn't! They must have Guerre Inutile Cheese - or roughly translated, Unecessary War Cheese! Yes, that must be it! It would be preposterous to have anything but that, right? Right.

So, we're home now. Sitting around doing nothing and I thought I'd just tell you about the absolutely delightful dinner we're having.

:X In short. I think this whole Freedom Fries thing is really friggin stupid and I have to make fun of this stupid thing with everyone! Why? Because it's stupid! And, I must make fun of it in a stupid manner. Anyway.. Mmm.. I smell the dinner cooking. I'm going to eat my hamburgers now, with our Guerre Inutile Cheese and Freedom Bread. It should be absolutely wonderful. =/

Yes, I feel my stomach growling right now.

-- Sean

French tanslation provided by Simon.

((One of my many rants that I thought I'd share. XD..I wrote it right before dinner.))

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:02 am
I would just like to say that the French translation came from Babelfish. *looks all innocent* rolleyes  

Nebelstern
Crew

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:03 am
Nebelstern
I would just like to say that the French translation came from Babelfish. *looks all innocent* rolleyes

Yeah, uh huh... stare

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:32 am
Sociologically interesting.

Hailing 'freedom' as very American and very non-continental just as US civil liberties are being pulled down by the government..

Dystopic world-power, anyone?

rolleyes

Invictus_88
Captain

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:14 am
Invictus_88

Hailing 'freedom' as very American and very non-continental just as US civil liberties are being pulled down by the government..

rolleyes

Save me? crying

I dun wanna be American!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:18 am
Timeless_Visage
Invictus_88

rolleyes

Save me? crying

I dun wanna be American!

Armed resistance? Flee to Canada, land of the free? Bugger off to Blighty?  

Invictus_88
Captain

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:23 am
Invictus_88
Timeless_Visage
Invictus_88

rolleyes

Save me? crying

I dun wanna be American!

EW! CANADA!?!??! No thanks, I'll stay here.

EDIT: Wait wait, I was just informed(By Simon) that Blighty is another name for England. I'd be more than happy to go there!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:06 am
Timeless_Visage
Invictus_88
Timeless_Visage
Invictus_88

rolleyes

Save me? crying

I dun wanna be American!

EDIT: Wait wait, I was just informed(By Simon) that Blighty is another name for England. I'd be more than happy to go there!!!

Hey! What's wrong with Canadia?  

Arivel

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:21 pm
Arivel
Timeless_Visage
Invictus_88
Timeless_Visage
Invictus_88

rolleyes

Save me? crying

I dun wanna be American!

Well.....What's right with Canada?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:25 pm
rofl
You should go into Mac Donalds and ask for frites. And don't pronounce the h on hamburger. Other wise its exactly the same in MacDonalds. And call it MacDough. (Its what they call it, its still spelt the same.)
That is pretty stupid. Theres thousands of MacDs in France. I had to go twice when I went on the exchange. *dies*
Its pretty funny though. The names of the stuff in it are still McChicken Burger in France and in Holland and they change it in America. rofl

I can't see anything wrong with Canada. It's definately a lot more free than America.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Fourcolour

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:22 am
Arivel
Timeless_Visage
Invictus_88
Timeless_Visage
Invictus_88

rolleyes

Save me? crying

I dun wanna be American!

Brian Adams. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:42 am
Invictus_88
Timeless_Visage
Invictus_88

rolleyes

Save me? crying

I dun wanna be American!

If I bugger to Blighty, who would save me from the sudden shock of everyone speaking correct english?!?  

Ares

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:13 pm
Ares
Invictus_88
Timeless_Visage
Invictus_88

rolleyes

Save me? crying

I dun wanna be American!

If I bugger to Blighty, who would save me from the sudden shock of everyone speaking correct english?!?

That wont happen, especially if you visit areas frequented by chavs- where 'I dun it' is considered fairly good grammer!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:50 pm
Ares
Invictus_88
Timeless_Visage
Invictus_88

rolleyes

Save me? crying

I dun wanna be American!

The beautiful thing about language is that it shifts constantly, so eventually slang makes become a part of the recognised lexicon of the nation.  

Fourcolour

LLT

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:32 pm
Sorry I'm bumping up an old topic BUT I went to a diner the other day and they still had that retarded Freedom Fries bullshit on their menu. confused  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff