Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
I Wanna Be A Loser Too! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keren

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:23 am
About Me
I weigh around 170lbs and I stand 5'7". I have pretty decent big bones, so there's no way anything less than 130 would be healthy for me. I wear size 14 in pants right now, and I have lots of tummy pudge. Also, my BMI is 26.6.

My Goals
Weight-wise, I'd like to be around 145. It'd also be nice to stretch out my muscles so they're not so bulky. I look really big, but my legs and bum are mostly muscle. As for my tummy, I'd like to attack it with pilates every now and then, as well as some yoga. Fitting comfortably in size 10 pants would also be nice. Also, I'd like to get to an maybe a BMI of 21ish.

Updates!
August 26th, 2007 - I bought an outfit at Goodwill that I really, REALLY like. It fits, but is very snug in my 'problem areas' aka, my tummy. I think it will motivate me to lose some weight, seeing as I've hit 175, my highest weight ever.

Focusing on me, and not the numbers that I measure into
Well, look at me. I pretty much have had some form of unnatural processed sugars in my diet daily. I am a sugar FIEND! I love the stuff, I AM ADDICTED TO THE STUFF! From this point, I'm not going to be focusing on my measurements or numbers, I'm going to work on completely cutting out processed sugar. I have horrid cravings for it all the time. I've decided to reward myself for every week that I don't eat an ounce of it. My reward? Any one book of my choice. After 4 weeks, I'll pick out my 4 books and order them. 3nodding

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:58 am
I've started a whole-body cleanse yesterday as a kick-start to a new diet, right? Nope. Cinnamon rolls do it every time.

Breakfast: Cinnamon roll.

Lunch: Loaded Mashed Potatoes and Soup.

Dinner: Two chicken strips from Carl's Jr, 1/3rd of a vanilla shake.

Snacks: Edamame, my hand-made apple-sauce!

Water Intake: Not bad at all! I would say that it averaged out at exactly 8 glasses.

Excersize: Walking around at work a whole lot. Helped some people move $1000 worth of food from their truck into a freezer. I played volleyball yesterday, so my muslces are sore. I need to stretch them out some.

Foodwise- Okay, not healthy, I know. I'm falling off the tracks. I'm seriously trying though. Hopefully I can pull through and eat better. At least I didn't devour that -whole- shake and all 5 of the chicken strips. I let my boyfriend eat those.

Excersizewise- Not too bad. Sweating a bit and out of breath some, but definately not enough.

Keren

Keren

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:26 am
;o; I wanted some whole-wheat toast this morning for breakfast, but it was moldy... ALREADY! I can't believe how fast that stuff goes bad. emo Maybe I'll make myself some oatmeal.

Breakfast: 8 oz. Pineapple Juice, 1-2 servings of fruit (canteloupe/pineapple).

Lunch: Medium tomato and broccoli salad (with 1tsp of Balsamic Vinigarette dressing), 1 cup of cooked oatmeal with currants sprinkled in.

Dinner: A chicken patty and some corn/mashed potatoes.

Snacks: Applesauce! And uh... a small bag of cornchips.

Water Intake: I'd say about 6/8.

Excersize: Been roaming the buildings again. I actually have a lot longer of a list of stuff to check now, so I'm definately going to be roaming a lot more. More walking = heart

Foodwise- Kind of overdid it at dinnertime, but I'm proud of my snacking habits. Except for that bag of cornchips. ninja

Excersizewise- Mmm, I can do much better. I haven't really gone out of my way to do so, but at least I'm moving most of the day.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:13 am
remember if you don't eat enough your body goes into starvation mode and stores everything as nasty nasty fat.

A good thing to do would be to eat ruffly every 4 hours. small meals mind you, but enough to help keep your body going heart instead of gonk and scream

p.s. you need more protien!!!!! just b/c you're on a diet means it's time to skip out of the meat and eggs. They're the best for you. Also, try changing that potato out for a sweet potato. A regular potato is all starch and hardly worth any value to your body but a hunger stopper and a short bit of energy. But a sweet potato will keep you going longer, tastes great, and is a lot more healthy.  

Soi Tsuba

Keren

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 am
*Nod* Oh yeah, I've been doing pretty good while at work, eating wise. I've been snacking between my main meals. I should probably tweak my daily form so I can say about when I eat things.
I completely forgot about protein! I've been snacking on edamame, and it has a lot of protien in it. I guess I just haven't had the time to cook a decent healthy dinner. I'll remember to eat more peanut butter, or cook something with some lean meat in it! 3nodding (I usually don't have time to cook eggs in the morning, so I save those for the weekend).  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:24 am
Breakfast @7am: Bowl of cereal with 2% milk. I had something called "Spelt Flakes". I figure that spelt bread is pretty good, and I like wheat flakes, so why not? It's really good for you. heart

Lunch @ noon: Sushi! I had 6 little house rolls, 3 philly rolls and 3 krab rolls. I know, it's a lot. But it was soooooooooo good.

Dinner: Another bowl of cereal.

Snacks: D: I ATE A COOKIE! And it was heart

Water Intake: 4/8 so far.

Excersize: Heheh...

Foodwise- Meh, a cookie's a cookie. I don't feel guilty about eating it. 3nodding I'll just have to work extra hard tomorrow when I'm working outside.

Excersizewise-
ninja Still the same 'ol walking around 12 floors delivering mail. (4 floors between 3 buildings)  

Keren

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:57 am
don't worry we all have bad days~! Just don't give up  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:38 pm
Breakfast @8am: Bowl of cereal.

Lunch @ noon: Pizza. ^.^;;;

Dinner @6pm: Fried chicken (I pulled off the batter stuff) and corn on the cobb.

Snacks: None, actually.

Water Intake: 4/8

Excersize: From 9-12am, I was helping my boyfriend's uncle deshingle his roof. @_@ I've never pulled up that many nails in my life. After that, I went to Ikea with Jeff's (the boyfriend) mom. If anybody's been there, you're in for at LEAST an hour walking around.

Foodwise- So yeah, weekends are definately the toughest for me... especially if someone else is buying the food.

Excersizewise- ^.^ Muuuuch better. My legs needed that.

Keren

Keren

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:42 pm
Soi Tsuba
don't worry we all have bad days~! Just don't give up
3nodding Thanks for your support, hun.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:49 am
Breakfast @8am: Bowl of cereal.

Lunch @: Salmon/cucumber sandwich on potato bread.

Dinner @: A mix of sandwich triangles, watermelon, and . . . cookies. D:

Snacks: All of the above (minus cereal)

Water Intake: 3/8

Excersize: 75 sit-ups, lots of stretching, a quick jog on the treadmill, and a few weights here and there.

Foodwise- I had a Party Lite party. Basically, my friend Kim and I prepared sandwiches, a cookie tray and some punch. I had way too much sugar/calorie intake, and DEFINATELY did not drink enough water.

Excersizewise- Meh, decent for my usual weekend routine. I actually gained about 5 pounds, though. So I'm 175 instead of 170. But it's also 'that time of the month,' so I usually lose a pound or two by the end of that week.

Keren

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:59 pm
do you have a pedometer? That'd be really helpful at work.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:16 am
I don't, actually. I was thinking about that the other day. I remember walking around with one at high school. Calculated that I walked a total of like 2.5 miles thoughout the 6 hour school day. I probably walk a lot more at work. Where's a good place to get one for a decent price? (I was actually thinking about ankle weights, too).  

Keren

Keren

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:25 am
Breakfast @8:15am: Bowl of oatmeal with a small handful of currants sprinkled in. edit- Make that half a bowl of oatmeal. I just couldn't eat the other half. =(

Lunch @1:45: A bowl of Spelt Flakes... About 220 calories. (I just woke up from a nap. At least I'm feeling better.)

Dinner @: Pizza and... peas?

Snacks: Nopes.

Water Intake: 4/8

Excersize: Nope...

Foodwise- Well, I could've done much better. I was originally going to go to bed without dinner, but my boyfriend talked me out of it. I was feeling really sick, so it was hard to snack on anything.

Excersizewise- It just didn't happen. I left work early and curled up in a little ball before falling asleep. Teh pain sucked.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:42 pm
as long as you don't go total rock lee on us. j/p

um cheap? most likely walmart or one of those great outdoor places.  

Soi Tsuba

Keren

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:17 am
rofl You won't have to worry about that. Besides, I'm wondering if that would bulk up my leg muscles even -more-. gonk I'm trying to get them to be lean, but they don't wanna. emo

Next time I stop by the grocery store, I'll look in their sports/excersize section. I got my yoga mat there.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff