A little help would be nice. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like this team?
  No
  Yes
  Well you need to change a few things....
View Results

blue_man_of_destruction

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:01 pm
Ok I am working on a team and so far this is what I have decided on

Scyther-Jolly
EV-252 ATK 252 SPD 6HP
Night Slash
X-Scissor
Wing Attack (maybe thinking Baton Pass as well)
Swords dance

Absol-Adamant
EV-252 ATK 252 SPD 6HP
Psycho Cut
Shadow Claw
Double Team(or Swords Dance)
Night Slash

Alakazam-Timid
EV-252 SP.ATK 252 SPD 6HP
Psychic
Recover
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Was thinking about Shock wave instead of one of the Ball moves

Torterra-Adamant
EV-252 ATK 252 DEF 6HP
Seed Bomb
Earthquake
Crunch
(no idea what to put here...maybe Wood Hammer)

Lucario-Modest
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Psychic
Aura Sphere

As for the other I have no idea. I was thinking of

Blaziken-Jolly
EV-252 ATK 252 SPD 6HP
Night Slash
Flare Blitz
Sky Uppercut
Brave Bird  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:52 am
Looks good, in general, here are a few suggestions:

Scyther: Upgrade it to a Scizor and teach it Steel Wing instead of wing attack. It would benefit from the ability upgrade, even if it will become 4x weak to fire, it will gain a lot of resistances.

Alakazam: Is to fragile for Recover to be effective, I suggest teaching it Drain Punch instead to deal with Dark types.

Torterra: I suggest you teach it rockslide as its fourth move, as it can deal with both fliers and ice types.

Lucario: You *could* trade psychic for Water Pulse to deal with fire types. But it isn't really needed.

That's all I got at the moment. I hope I was helpful. ^^  

krishnath

blue_man_of_destruction

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:24 am
I can get more Metal coats from wild Steelix's can't I? I already have a Scizor but its not that good at all.

And I Was already thinking about switching recover for something, just wasnt sure what. Where do you get Drain Punch? I dont think he can learn it on his own.

I forgot about a Rock type move xp

And I like my Lucario! He freaking pwns everything cool  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:16 pm
blue_man_of_destruction
I can get more Metal coats from wild Steelix's can't I? I already have a Scizor but its not that good at all.

And I Was already thinking about switching recover for something, just wasnt sure what. Where do you get Drain Punch? I dont think he can learn it on his own.

I forgot about a Rock type move xp

And I like my Lucario! He freaking pwns everything cool

Metal Coat can be gotten/stolen of wild: Magnemite, Steelix, Beldum, and Bronzor.

Drain Punch is a TM, it is number 60 and given to you once you beat the Veilstone Gym.  

krishnath

blue_man_of_destruction

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:42 pm
I think i may have already used it sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:56 am
blue_man_of_destruction
I think i may have already used it sweatdrop

That is unfortunate, see if there is another fight move you can teach it (just not Focus Punch). If not, you can use Shockwave instead of Recover.  

krishnath

blue_man_of_destruction

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:41 am
I taught it shockwave, I wouldnt want it to learn Drain Punch anyway...its a physical attack. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:46 am
blue_man_of_destruction
I taught it shockwave, I wouldnt want it to learn Drain Punch anyway...its a physical attack. sweatdrop

Sometimes a Physical move can be useful for something that primarily rely on Special Movies. Brick Break for example is very useful for a psychic type as it deals quite a bit of damage to Dark types. It is also useful for negating barrier moves (and dealing a lot of damage through them). ^^  

krishnath

blue_man_of_destruction

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:59 am
Thats true. And just for the hell of it...I have an Abra that knows Fire/Ice/Thunder Punch. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:19 pm
blue_man_of_destruction
Thats true. And just for the hell of it...I have an Abra that knows Fire/Ice/Thunder Punch. xd

Good to have for breeding purposes. ^^  

krishnath

blue_man_of_destruction

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:45 pm
I know. My friend kept yelling at me when I did that. He thought it was really stupid. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:12 am
blue_man_of_destruction
I know. My friend kept yelling at me when I did that. He thought it was really stupid. xp

Far from it, the only way some of the fighting pokemon can get those moves is by breeding the moves unto them. And the Abra is great for that as it does not learn any new moves as it levels. ^^  

krishnath

blue_man_of_destruction

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:00 pm
I know ^^ He also thinks im stupid for replacing Wood Hammer for Seed Bomb on my turtwig >.> I mean Wood Hammer is strong but I dont like the recoil. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:10 am
blue_man_of_destruction
I know ^^ He also thinks im stupid for replacing Wood Hammer for Seed Bomb on my turtwig >.> I mean Wood Hammer is strong but I dont like the recoil. sweatdrop

Seedbomb is quite good. And i don't like recoil moves either. Fortunatly, if you give it some leftovers, that's not really a problem. ^^  

krishnath

blue_man_of_destruction

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:49 pm
krishnath
blue_man_of_destruction

Seedbomb is quite good. And i don't like recoil moves either. Fortunatly, if you give it some leftovers, that's not really a problem. ^^

Even with leftovers it can be a problem with Wood Hammer. The more damage you do with it, the more recoil damage you take. and with a 240 attack move...you usually do a lot of damage.  
Teams

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff