Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Spirituali-Tea Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:16 pm
So next year I am attending SummerStar.

I'm looking forward to it. I plan to be working the event and I will likely even do a small group ritual and a workshop.

The crux of the workshop is going to be about tea.

I plan to give some basic historical and factual information. Teach people how to brew the perfect cup and the like, but I was thinking about doing something more and I was going to open it up to brain storming.

The result of what I put together will be tested on the people who attend ReReCon.

So... ideas?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:21 pm
I have a few, but that would ruin the surprise. ninja  

Fiddlers Green

Hybrid Jewel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:31 pm
You're probably going to do this anyway, but have you considered presenting some of the folklore on the origins of tea-drinking the same way you've done in your "myths, legends, tales" thread?

Also, maybe if it's a small workshop, you could present your visitors with tea sachets, if that would be financially feasible. The New Tea Book, which I own, states that tea makes a fine potpourri if you blend a cup of green tea leaves with aromatic herbs (a chai-scented sachet included green cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon, a more relaxing blended a cup of loose tea leaves with chamomile and rose petals.) 1-2 teaspoons Orrisroot powder is used to fix the scent, and a bit of essential oil can be used as an enhancement.

If you feel like using this idea, I can send you the exact recipes.

I'm a tea drinker from way back, though I lean a bit toward teasans more than actual tea. This may sound like blasphemy to some people, but I hate coffee.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:32 am
I'm british, I live off tea wink Tell 'em to put the the bag in the cup BEFORE the water, and make sure the water is briskly boiling. ninja Ahem

After your workshop you could reccommend brands of tea that you enjoy drinking smile You could even sell some!
I reccommend twinings assam smile

Sorry I'm not more help sweatdrop  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:12 pm
Fiddler>> What surprise?

JulieDoc
You're probably going to do this anyway, but have you considered presenting some of the folklore on the origins of tea-drinking the same way you've done in your "myths, legends, tales" thread?
Actually, I hadn't. Thank you!

Quote:
Also, maybe if it's a small workshop, you could present your visitors with tea sachets, if that would be financially feasible.
This one I had thought of. I plan to serve at least ten different teas- and have a few of each for guests to take with them.

Quote:

I'm a tea drinker from way back, though I lean a bit toward teasans more than actual tea.
I know I respected you before- but now I adore you!

Patch>> No offense Hun, but if it is in a bag, it isn't tea, it's floor sweepings.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:28 pm
Quote:
JulieDoc
You're probably going to do this anyway, but have you considered presenting some of the folklore on the origins of tea-drinking the same way you've done in your "myths, legends, tales" thread Actually, I hadn't. Thank you!

No problem! Happy to help! biggrin

Quote:

Quote:

I'm a tea drinker from way back, though I lean a bit toward teasans more than actual tea.
I know I respected you before- but now I adore you!

Runs in my family. My mother's side is Southern, and we always have a pitcher of iced sweet tea around. I brew mine extra strong. Generally, though, I don't like iced tea sold in restaurants, especially not fast-food places. I have to agree with you about tea bags. While I can and do use them, loose leaf tastes much better, particularly a black blend that I buy fairly cheaply at a nearby Indian market. As an amateur herbalist, I've made some of my own teasans, but none of them taste as good as the commercial herbal teas. (likely because I have no artificial flavors to put in them.). I think I have gotten something related to tea for the last five or six years on Christmas or my birthday. Last was a tea press, which I love.

I don't write much anymore, but there was a time when I couldn't without my cup of tea and a candle burning.

Hybrid Jewel

patch99329

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:02 am
TeaDidikai
Patch>> No offense Hun, but if it is in a bag, it isn't tea, it's floor sweepings.

Funny you should say that xD

I was actually going to edit this post and say that since the advent of the tea bag, pretty much anything can be put into one.
Tea leaves that probrably would have been really really cheap years ago would probrably be quite a high quality tea now smile
We had leaves for years here , then we just...stopped. confused

You could teach people how to read tea leaves!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:47 am
patch99329

Tea leaves that probrably would have been really really cheap years ago would probrably be quite a high quality tea now smile
When it comes to tea bags, there is rarely a price per value scale. Tea bags are filled with tea "dust" also known as sweepings that are usually a byproduct of CTC processing.

Quote:
You could teach people how to read tea leaves!
Thought about that too.  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:33 am
I am also going to do some work with neo-pagan symbology and tea's notes as they relate to energy centers.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:36 pm
TeaDidikai
What surprise?

That would be telling. ninja  

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:03 pm
Fiddlers Green
TeaDidikai
What surprise?

That would be telling. ninja
Pretty please?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:10 pm
TeaDidikai
Pretty please?

I am cruel only so that I may be kind.
~Sighs sadly~  

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:52 pm
Fiddlers Green
TeaDidikai
Pretty please?

I am cruel only so that I may be kind.
~Sighs sadly~
I've heard that from Tops before.

But that isn't the point. Come now dear- if for some chance, you don't make it to ReReCon- I would still need the ideas for the presentation. And how can I work it into the flow if I do not know what it is?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:57 am
Iff I cannot make it, I will let you know then. ninja  

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:17 am
Fiddlers Green
Iff I cannot make it, I will let you know then. ninja
But how am I to include it in a presentation if I cannot know what it is?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff