~Dark Cinema~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:39 pm
For those of you who enjoy horror movies, fantasy, action or thriller, come here and discuss the movies you've seen with others.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:02 am
One of my favourite movies that first comes to mind is Blade...anyone else like Blade? cool

And Constantine...that movie rules, seriously.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

scullus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:28 am
i love 300 its so gory and both resident evils and all the dead movies they are the best  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:38 pm
I still havent seen 300. I might end up buying it though. Last movie I seen was Rush Hour 3. I ended up buying Mr. Beans Holiday. Thats was a funny movie. twisted

Serious Hatred

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:05 am
I haven't seen 300 but I didn't really want to. I'm looking forward to the new Sin City film though 3nodding Anyone else like Sin City??

I'm going to see Rush Hour 3 on Friday blaugh

Has anyone seen the Evil Dead films? I haven't seen them yet but they look great, but I'm not sure...are they scary? cause I don't "do" scary movies sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:07 pm
well..i read Sin City.. does that count?  

Summoned Shadows

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:21 am
bleak eternity
well..i read Sin City.. does that count?

xp maybe  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:00 pm
Sin City wasnt all cracked up as I thought it would be. To me I didnt really get it. It was just a colladeral of different stories within the city itself... And the damn black and white didnt make it any better either... Neither did there occational color scheme... They must have went lazy on that one... But hey, thats my opinion... Im just one person... evil twisted

Serious Hatred

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50

Yuri Maken Hyuga

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:28 am
I agree with ya Hatred on Sin City, I totally didn't get that film at all, It was so boring that I didn't even watch all of, I turned it off like half way through and went to sleep lol.

I like comedies and action movies myself, I like Jim Carreys movies and Bruce Willis' too, hey anyone seen SpaceBalls, I thought that was one of the funniest movies I've seen razz  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:50 am
*gasps* the first people I've heard to dislike Sin City.

the only reason I wanted to see it was because I thought it looked fantastic. Most of my friends did the same. But when I saw it I actually liked it. I loved the black and white appearance because I thought it resembled the comic books perfectly. They even set the camera angles up to look exactly like the actual drawn pictures in the comic books. I loved how the red and yellow stood out really brightly against the black, to draw your attention. I thought the whole appearance suited the stories very well. and I loved the way they told the stories as if you were reading the comic book, it was almost like it was set up in frames...I liked the way they put the beginnings of the Bruce Willis story at the beginning but didn't actually tell you the tale till the end, just to keep you waiting.
I can understand that you might not like the 4 different seperate stories that had little connection with each other, but the Sin City comic stories wouldn't be long enough to make one long film out of. I liked the fact that you got different people's perspectives and stories even though it was all happening in the same city. I thought it was brilliant how they made a comic book into a movie but STILL made it look like the comic book, it still played as if you were just watching a moving comic strip, rather than making it a typical comic book movie, like crap Spiderman and all the rest of them.
I also liked that it didn't have any of that stupid cheesy comic book action, like you get in spiderman and batman and the Fantastic four...but if you like that then I can see that you wouldn't like Sin City. I also loved the language they used, really descriptive but...so stony and cold, just like the Max Payne games! xd

They're actually making a Max Payne movie, but its only an amateur sort of thing, it won't be in the cinemas...all the same, I'm interested 3nodding  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Summoned Shadows

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:17 pm
Yuri Maken Hyuga
I agree with ya Hatred on Sin City, I totally didn't get that film at all, It was so boring that I didn't even watch all of, I turned it off like half way through and went to sleep lol.

I like comedies and action movies myself, I like Jim Carreys movies and Bruce Willis' too, hey anyone seen SpaceBalls, I thought that was one of the funniest movies I've seen razz

i love that movie!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:48 am
Sin City is amazing how can people not like it? i mean it is so close to the comics its untrue. The resident evil movies were ok but i dont count them as resident evil as they go way to far away from the story. i havent seen 300 yet i really want to though. I can wait for the new Day of the Dead  

Riazen_Kenshin

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:48 am
Riazen_Kenshin
Sin City is amazing how can people not like it? i mean it is so close to the comics its untrue. The resident evil movies were ok but i dont count them as resident evil as they go way to far away from the story. i havent seen 300 yet i really want to though. I can wait for the new Day of the Dead

I know, I thought they did a really great job of making it so much like the comics 3nodding
Have you seen Constantine? that's another comic to movie.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:57 am
Shadow__Dweller
Riazen_Kenshin

I know, I thought they did a really great job of making it so much like the comics 3nodding
Have you seen Constantine? that's another comic to movie.

yeah i liked constantine but its alot different from the comics i only know that from wikipedia though im afraid i may buy a comic of constantine one day lol,

but its a good film

does anyone know if the hills have eyes are good?  

Riazen_Kenshin

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:12 am
I've not read the comic either but I loved everything about film xp I loved the whole feel of it, and the pyschology behind it. It was brilliant.

I've not seen Hills Have Eyes..I don't like horror movies sweatdrop  
*The Hall of Sight*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces