~Dark Reading~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:34 pm
The Dark Reading thread is a place for you to share with us your favourite horror/fantasy authors and discuss books you have read, be it fiction, non-fiction or graphic novel, whether you like or dislike them, and reccommend books to other members. So get started!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:51 am
Anne Rice anybody????

I've read all of the Vampire Chronicles up to date, and my favourites are Interview with the Vampire, Tale of the Body Theif and The Vampire Lestat.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Kalvaya

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:59 am
Shadow__Dweller
Anne Rice anybody????

I've read all of the Vampire Chronicles up to date, and my favourites are Interview with the Vampire, Tale of the Body Theif and The Vampire Lestat.

That takes me back, I haven't read any of them for ages! Interview with the Vampire has to be my favouite, because Louis is just so darn pitiful you have to like him poor little emo vampire emo

Personally I stopped reading the Vampire Chronicles becuse many of the later books seemed rather dragged out and rather...well, pointless. Please don't hurt me for saying that gonk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:52 am
Kalvaya
Shadow__Dweller
Anne Rice anybody????

That takes me back, I haven't read any of them for ages! Interview with the Vampire has to be my favouite, because Louis is just so darn pitiful you have to like him poor little emo vampire emo

Personally I stopped reading the Vampire Chronicles becuse many of the later books seemed rather dragged out and rather...well, pointless. Please don't hurt me for saying that gonk

yay you joined! *glomps* xd

Louis is a bit of weedy little wimp, but it's a stark contrast to Lestat's pompusness, so it is fun to read.
I'm not going to hurt you...for now xp because I agree...books like Blood and Gold were quite boring...they did drag on a bit.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Summoned Shadows

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:17 am
Anne Rice made vampires seem wussy...i prefer Bram Stoker's Dracula, and other vampire tales  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:31 am
lol she did make them emotional.
I didn't like Dracula because I just felt like yelling at the characters "for gods sake he's a vampire, just stake him! man everyone knows that!"...but back when it was written it would have been good because it was the first vampire story.

Has anyone read any of the Nightwatch trilogy? The Nightwatch, The Daywatch and The TwilightWatch? I've onyl read The nightwatch so far, but I just got the second one from the library. They are dark fantasy novels by Sergei Lukyenenko. They made them into movies too.

ooo and has anyone read any books by Simon R Green? particularly his series called The Nightside? They're books that are only pubished in America so they're hard to come by here in England but I'vebought 3 of them and they're absolutely brilliant.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Summoned Shadows

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:44 pm
hey. those of you in the guild who know me, and know im a poet, this may be quite interesting. i've decided that im going to post some of my work here....im still working on the whole publishing thing though.. it's damn difficult when the would-be publisher is only 15 xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:23 am
Yeah make a new thread to post it in, it would be good 3nodding  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Summoned Shadows

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:54 pm
Shadow__Dweller
Yeah make a new thread to post it in, it would be good 3nodding

can do! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:10 pm
I've wrote an 82 page fanfic back in HS. Front to back. I never got around o typing it all out so it still sits within the same binder I wrote it all in. The only bad part is that I dont remember where the binder is. It was a killer cause everyone at the time was all suprised and amazed that someone would do somethin like that. And at the same time I got credit for it in class. *remanices* Those were the days...

Funny part about it though was that it was a Final Fantasy VII fic and I managed to put my friends in it... Well, them and my other online characters... twisted cool wink

*chuckles* Talk about a change in subject... Anyways... Back to your guys's vampires...

Late...

Serious Hatred

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:48 am
Serious Hatred
I've wrote an 82 page fanfic back in HS. Front to back. I never got around o typing it all out so it still sits within the same binder I wrote it all in. The only bad part is that I dont remember where the binder is. It was a killer cause everyone at the time was all suprised and amazed that someone would do somethin like that. And at the same time I got credit for it in class. *remanices* Those were the days...

Funny part about it though was that it was a Final Fantasy VII fic and I managed to put my friends in it... Well, them and my other online characters... twisted cool wink

*chuckles* Talk about a change in subject... Anyways... Back to your guys's vampires...

Late...

When I was in high school I used to write stories. they were like tombraider really, or The Mummy, but I used my own characters. I used to give them to my friends to read every week and I let my teacher read them too and she used to go on about how great it was and did I want to write a book when I was older and everything. It's what made me want to be an author.

Is it possible for us to get any MORE like each other? wink heart  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:22 am
Dun dun duuuuh! Never know... twisted

Serious Hatred

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:15 am
smile wink  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:09 am
Has anyone got any recomendations I could use? I'm stuck for books to read, I've read all the ones written by the authors I like, either that or my library doesn't stock them cause they're american publications stare
I like: Anne Rice, Terry Pratchett, Sergei Lukyenko, Laurell K Hamilton and my all time favourite: Simon R Green.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Haematicus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:27 pm
Shadow__Dweller
lol she did make them emotional.
I didn't like Dracula because I just felt like yelling at the characters "for gods sake he's a vampire, just stake him! man everyone knows that!"...but back when it was written it would have been good because it was the first vampire story.

Has anyone read any of the Nightwatch trilogy? The Nightwatch, The Daywatch and The TwilightWatch? I've onyl read The nightwatch so far, but I just got the second one from the library. They are dark fantasy novels by Sergei Lukyenenko. They made them into movies too.

ooo and has anyone read any books by Simon R Green? particularly his series called The Nightside? They're books that are only pubished in America so they're hard to come by here in England but I'vebought 3 of them and they're absolutely brilliant.

I have read Nightwatch and daywatch, but have yet to buy twilightwatch.... I really want to. Lukyenenko is one of my favorite authors... vampire stories make me happy blaugh  
*The Hall of Diversity*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff