Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
April 20, 2012 Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stargirl_Tasha

Girl-Crazy Kitten

9,175 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:44 am
I know it's more of a Mayan Date...But...
Do you think the world really is gonna end on that date?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:08 am
ehe ^_^;

No

basically.

I don't really do the whole end of the worl conspiracies. Isn't is just when the mayan calendar stops or something? I'll look it up smile  

patch99329

Daven Moto

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:21 am
Stargirl_tasha

Yes, this world will end, and a new one will begin.

That's something that people NEVER consider, the Myans and Aztecs saw the universe and time as cyclic. The end of this world means the beginning of a new one.

Just keep that in mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:08 pm
I've noticed all the end-times-are-near obsessed people have a weird trait.
Over and over the world doesn't end, but it just cements their believe that this time it's liek for realz. Sometimes they'll just push back the date for the particular prediction by a year or two over and over for decades.  

Striga

Celtic of the Fae

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:08 pm
Daven Moto
Stargirl_tasha

That's something that people NEVER consider, the Myans and Aztecs saw the universe and time as cyclic. The end of this world means the beginning of a new one.

Just keep that in mind.

I'm sure the world will end.. whether on that date or not I'm not sure(I guess we'll see in 4-5 years) but I'm curious on HOW it will end..  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:21 pm
Dark Angel Kio
I'm sure the world will end.. whether on that date or not I'm not sure(I guess we'll see in 4-5 years) but I'm curious on HOW it will end..
Some say the world will end in fire,
some say ice.

Oh, wait, that's a poem. wink  

Henry Dorsett Case

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:22 pm
Daven Moto
Stargirl_tasha

Just keep that in mind.
Bingo!

Also note that worlds are not always physical constructs.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:49 am
Daven Moto
Stargirl_tasha

Just keep that in mind.

I never thought about that...That's an interesting perspective.  

Stargirl_Tasha

Girl-Crazy Kitten

9,175 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200

patch99329

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:56 am
TeaDidikai
Daven Moto
Stargirl_tasha

Just keep that in mind.
Bingo!

Also note that worlds are not always physical constructs.

Would you mind elaborating a little?
You make such brilliant points but sometimes i can't understand them fully and flail in the dark like this: dramallama

Thanks smile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:06 am
I'm not really a psycic. ((i know i can't spell)) but what ever happens, happens and with the way the world is going at this rate, i wouldn't doubt it.  

[lady joker]

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:14 am
As far as "Worlds" not always being physical constructs- I am addressing that some Worlds are spiritual in nature, some are in the form of ideas.

In this case, I suspect that the world in question is likely the "idea" that makes up the cultural understanding of the World for the decendents and cultural participants of the aforementioned cultures.

Also note that cycles can be seen to have two points one might call "The Beginning"- the point at which a new "world" is generated- in this case, the first of the ideas that form the new world view- or the point of majority, when the world shifts from mostly old to mostly new.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:33 am
I also believe the Aztecs referred to their eras as Suns.

As far as ends... I don't believe in them, I only believe in transformations. ninja  

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:26 pm
Fiddlers Green
I also believe the Aztecs referred to their eras as Suns.

As far as ends... I don't believe in them, I only believe in transformations. ninja
Hmmm... can something transform so completely they are no longer what they were before, thus an end to the old and the beginning of the new?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:30 am
End of the world how? As we know it? Destruction of human life? All life? Mythical? Unlikely Sci-Fi end?(Please ignore the absence of grammar) Personally I think trying to predict when the 'end' of the world is is useless, because it can't be proven until it ends or doesn't. Though, if you are right when you prove it, it doesn't matter, and if people lived like the prediction was absolute and it was wrong that is a whole other mess. So, I am with Dark Angel Kio in the fact I am more interested in how the world will end.  

Aki Norikaeru

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:48 am
Aki Norikaeru
End of the world how? As we know it? Destruction of human life? All life? Mythical? Unlikely Sci-Fi end?(Please ignore the absence of grammar) Personally I think trying to predict when the 'end' of the world is is useless, because it can't be proven until it ends or doesn't. Though, if you are right when you prove it, it doesn't matter, and if people lived like the prediction was absolute and it was wrong that is a whole other mess. So, I am with Dark Angel Kio in the fact I am more interested in how the world will end.
At which point I ask: What world?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces