Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Oh crap. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mae borowski

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:45 am
I made a major mistake.
I read this article, got pissed off, and replied. I hope I don't end up on the national news.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:28 pm
Let me guess, you blasted it, then realised as far as major news goes the article was pretty much a fence sitter, stating some do take it to extremes, but not all and that its really nothing to be worried about? smile  

Rellik San
Captain

mae borowski

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:04 pm
Exactly.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:07 pm
*shrugs* don't feel to bad, they probably have had tons of people comment the article like that.  

Rellik San
Captain

DaisukeOrDark

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:29 pm
Quote:

I have finished reading your article about the Emo subculture.

There are quite a few thing I would like to discuss about your article:

First off Emo is not 'part punk and part goth.' In fact emo is more just a popular version of the Punk scene, but in fact share almost no ideals as punk, the relation between these two groups usually is not a friendly one. And on the matter of the Goth park of the Emo 'subculture,' the only real connections between the two are dark clothing.

As part of your comment on depression and suicide. These two things can be tided into all social standings. Including, and not limited too; Jocks, punks, goths, teachers, law enforcement officers, artist, parents, rock stars, pop singers, and news anchors. Most of the suicide depicted in the Emo culture is done for attention. Its is sad and nothing more than a way to get people to notice them. How do I know these thing? Easy I actually go to a modern day highschool, trustme its nothing to worry about.

Also in relation to suicide, self mutilation was mentioned in your article and video. Self mutilation is nothing new. 'Cutting' is a masochistic tendency drawn on through the fact that pain can help them feel better and even feel pleasure. Although from what I have seen and from what I have asked friends and classmates cutting on your arms is more there fro attetnion then someone who cuts on there legs or other places hidden by clothing.

As a final note on your article/video. I would like to say. Do your research again. Talk to people who actually know what they are talking about. And dont draw assumptions about things you dont know about in modern highschool.

-Dale Steward II

I wrote that. Why? Because I was bored.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:29 pm
DaisukeOrDark
Quote:

First off Emo is not 'part punk and part goth.' In fact emo is more just a popular version of the Punk scene, but in fact share almost no ideals as punk, the relation between these two groups usually is not a friendly one. And on the matter of the Goth park of the Emo 'subculture,' the only real connections between the two are dark clothing.

As part of your comment on depression and suicide. These two things can be tided into all social standings. Including, and not limited too; Jocks, punks, goths, teachers, law enforcement officers, artist, parents, rock stars, pop singers, and news anchors. Most of the suicide depicted in the Emo culture is done for attention. Its is sad and nothing more than a way to get people to notice them. How do I know these thing? Easy I actually go to a modern day highschool, trustme its nothing to worry about.

Also in relation to suicide, self mutilation was mentioned in your article and video. Self mutilation is nothing new. 'Cutting' is a masochistic tendency drawn on through the fact that pain can help them feel better and even feel pleasure. Although from what I have seen and from what I have asked friends and classmates cutting on your arms is more there fro attetnion then someone who cuts on there legs or other places hidden by clothing.

As a final note on your article/video. I would like to say. Do your research again. Talk to people who actually know what they are talking about. And dont draw assumptions about things you dont know about in modern highschool.

-Dale Steward II

Except if you read the article in full, you see it actually says, though some cut not all do and its not really cause for concern and it actively encourages the parents, not to ban it, but to take interest and learn about it...

Its a fence sitter.  

Rellik San
Captain

Ionic_Warrior

Quotable Flatterer

5,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:11 pm
Rellik San
DaisukeOrDark
Quote:

-Dale Steward II

Except if you read the article in full, you see it actually says, though some cut not all do and its not really cause for concern and it actively encourages the parents, not to ban it, but to take interest and learn about it...
Its a fence sitter.

Learn about it? That won't help the cutters, that will just make them feel like test subjects, thus the cutting becomes more frequent and the 'observing' becomes frequent too, thus causing a continues spiral downward to the point of death of blood loss. Not a good thing, even if they did it for attention.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:33 am
Ionic_Warrior
Rellik San
DaisukeOrDark
Quote:

-Dale Steward II

Its a fence sitter.

Learn about it? That won't help the cutters, that will just make them feel like test subjects, thus the cutting becomes more frequent and the 'observing' becomes frequent too, thus causing a continues spiral downward to the point of death of blood loss. Not a good thing, even if they did it for attention.
Alternatively, the parents actually talk to the kid, find out whats wrong and help them through it. You know which I'm sure is the actual angle they were coming from. Honestly though, if your parents taking an interest in your life and style is such a bad thing it makes you cut... then you deserve to die for being an attention seeking b***h;
"OH NOES! Mah parentz akchuly giv a dam, dats iz whyz i cutZ."  

Rellik San
Captain

zelduhhh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:57 pm
Wow. I didn't even bother to finish reading the article.
To me it pretty much sounded like a joke.
Most of that stuff is just stereotypical.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:58 pm
zelda poo
Wow. I didn't even bother to finish reading the article.
To me it pretty much sounded like a joke.
Most of that stuff is just stereotypical.

Hey it was relatively well researched for a major news article on a sub-culture.  

Rellik San
Captain

Gambino Statue

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:54 pm
A little while ago in Australia two girls hung themselves from trees in the middle of the bush as part of a suicide pact.
A current Affair found some good classmates of theirs willing to vouch for how totally emo they were. It was awful because for weeks all forms of media were just slandering everything emo you could point your finger at. They actually had stuff about how to tell if your child is emo or cutting themselves, and how to prevent your children from killing themselves.
Everything was all so ridiculous toward the end of it. A few media personalities did speak out about the stupidity of it all but they were somewhat drowned out. It died down though. This article isn't bad at all in comparison to half the stuff we had in the papers every day.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dood. Emos aren't that fat. D:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_(slang)

Gawd. T__T They should really see what kids have to say. Since THEY are dressing like it, not teachers, adults, etc. What the hell does a physcologist have to do with it?
"LOOK AT THIS BLOB. WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE TO YOU."
"A blob."

Dear god. Three hours of that. >.<  

iMANDarin Monsturr

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:34 pm
god you're so stereotypcial  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:38 pm

I hate stereotypes.

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

iMANDarin Monsturr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:48 pm
Soviet Mudkipz
god you're so stereotypcial

God. You're trying to get yourself mentally abused.
God. You're such a loser.
God. You're a f*****t.
God. You're a b***h.
God. Why do you hate me?
God.
GOD.
GOD.
GOD.
GAWD.

GOD. STOP STALKING ME.
GOD. GOD. GOD.  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games