How 'bout them musi-CALS?
  Yay!
  Nay!
  Other option!
View Results

_Riyo_
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:43 pm
Uh, yeah. I don't recall there being a musicals thread yet. Correct me if I'm wrong...~

Anyway, I was listening to a song from Avenue Q, and I was wondering... Does anyone else here watch musicals?

RENT, Avenue Q, High School Musical (and, oh, I need to watch the second one! XD;; ), Phantom of the Opera, Mulan Rouge... etcetera.

Anyone like these? Different ones? Disney movies? (A lot of them are musicals, to some extent...)

Weeell?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:30 am
_Riyo_
Uh, yeah. I don't recall there being a musicals thread yet. Correct me if I'm wrong...~

Anyway, I was listening to a song from Avenue Q, and I was wondering... Does anyone else here watch musicals?

RENT, Avenue Q, High School Musical (and, oh, I need to watch the second one! XD;; ), Phantom of the Opera, Mulan Rouge... etcetera.

Anyone like these? Different ones? Disney movies? (A lot of them are musicals, to some extent...)

Weeell?

OMG I ABSOULTLY LUV LUV LUV MUSICALS !!!
I was beginging to wonder if anyone else liked them, lol!
which 1s r ur favs?

kyogoku-san

Space_Monkee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:01 pm
would umm. . . Pink Floyd's The Wall count?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:40 pm
Yeah, I like musicals, too. I spent years paying the rent by playing in pit orchestras for them. Mostly I like the old Lerner & Loewe and Rogers & Hammerstein shows. I also played a run of Jesus Christ Superstar. Mostly I play violin, but I'm not a bad synth player and agood bass player.  

paintboxgirl

Spectrum_Rhapsody

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:56 pm
Eh, musicals...Such a twitchy subject for me. there have been ones i've liked, and there have beens ones, that were bleh... I love "Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band" (released in 1978, a musical named after the Beatles album), "Grease", "West Side Story", and I have seen snippets of "Cats" and I would like to see the whole thing becasue I loved what I had seen. I also saw a trailer for "Across The Universe" which is supposedly a Beatles musical thats coming out soon and it looks like it's gonna be awesome, so I wanna see that. But kiddy musicals like high school musical are just crusty pieces of ******** that need to be scraped off the gentials of society, it's over-rated and the musical parts of it were not entertaining to me at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:57 pm
I just went to see CATS here in Canada, and OMG I can't stop singing the songs: ♪there's never...been a cat as clever...as majical mister mistofellees.♪ and the jellicle cat soundtrack AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY LOVE IT!

Other than that I haven't seen musicals before - but now I will rent any musical I can, because they're amazing! After watching a musical - don't you want to be in a musical. It's SO much hard work - but I bet if you're ambitious it's fun...a dream to be achieved.!!!

Landrina

peacexbass

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:27 pm
musicals make my heart happy.
The music man, carousel, les miserables, anything rodgers and hammerstein. Hairspray, and other such contemporary works.

it's brilliant to combine acting dancing and singing into one.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:54 pm
I love musicals! Especially Spring Awakening! whee

Oh, I also like Little Shop of Horrors, Rent, Once On This Island, The Fantasticks, Blood Brothers, Pippin, You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, and Thoroughly Modern Millie, just to name a few. But Spring Awakening is my favorite.  

ImpracticalMind

moosiklady

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:09 pm
I love musicals! Mostly the old Rodgers and Hammerstein or Lerner & Loewe, but I like some of the newer ones too. The orchestral reductions for piano can be buggers to play though!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:15 am
Landrina
I just went to see CATS here in Canada, and OMG I can't stop singing the songs: ♪there's never...been a cat as clever...as majical mister mistofellees.♪ and the jellicle cat soundtrack AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY LOVE IT!

Other than that I haven't seen musicals before - but now I will rent any musical I can, because they're amazing! After watching a musical - don't you want to be in a musical. It's SO much hard work - but I bet if you're ambitious it's fun...a dream to be achieved.!!!
I finally borrowed "Cats" from the library and go tto watch the whole thing a few weeks back. I know what you mean by getting those songs stuck in your head. Lol! xd  

Spectrum_Rhapsody

Dorijael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:12 pm
RENT
I loved the movie from the minute I started seeing it without knowing what it was, althoug, I havent seen the play crying  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:24 pm
I was born for musicals, period. My favs are Phantom, Mamma Mia, and The Lion King is the best show to see on Broadway!  

Aryana_99

rory87

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:52 pm
i like musicals alot, my favorites are Evita, Cats, West Side Story, Phantom of the opera, Les Misérables, Sweeney Todd, The Wizard of Oz and finally Jesus Christ Superstar.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:55 pm
the man of lamancha AKA don quixote

xd xd xd xd xd  

Satrevi

Spectrum_Rhapsody

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:10 pm
I finally got to see "Across The Universe" the other day. It kicked a**! 3nodding But I still haven't gotten to see Sweeny Todd yet...  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff