Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
From Their Point Of View Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think Jon is thinking while performing?
  Why the preteens won't stop screaming.
  If he needs to buy more cat food for Dylan.
  How much money he is going to make that night.
  If he is going to mess up during "Build God..."
  When he was suppose to come in for back up vocals.
  How much hotter the dancers are than his girlfriend. (xD, jk!)
View Results

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:56 pm
Just recently, I've been thinking about what Panic! At The Disco sees when they are performing. They see kids smashed agaist the baricades in first row, they see the camera men between the fence and stage, the crowd surfers, and they can see the tech crew standing slightly off stage when they turn their heads right and left. They can see the fans distant from them dancing around way high up in the balconies, and the venue's security gaurds standing a few feet below them, muscles flexed, in case someone crazy (or drunk) tries (or suceeds) to get up on stage (cough, cough). They see the mosh pits going on near the middle of the floor, and they also see the thousands of cell phones and lighters waving around when they do a cover song that's slow. Spencer even gets to see Brendon, Jon, and Ryan's butt. They might even see a preteen child getting smashed around into a two hundred pound man during "Camisado." They see the eyes of angry parents when Brendon recieves a lapdance from one of the dancers, and when Brendon throws in his "monstorous ********" lecture. They get to see all of the fists and "rock on" signs shoot up all at once when Brendon waits to hear "WEDDING!" and when Brendon yells "PUNCH!" They see the dropping jaws, and maybe even the glittery tears of fan roll down their face because their dream is coming true. It's interesting to think about their point of view, no?

I like watching videos of their shows when the camera is facing the audience. Not just because you can see Brendon's behind dancing around, but because you can see through their eyes. You can see what it's like to be a rockstar.

I was just watching some videos from Summerfest, and I came across this. (wow, Brendon sounds great on that cover, BTW) The crowd looks like they have so much room, and there is no crowd surfers. I was like, "Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a Panic! At The Disco crowd so relaxed." When I saw Panic! At The Disco live back in Novemeber during the Nothing Rhymes With Circus tour, I had no room what so ever (I'm talking NO ROOM. like, I couldnt even fit my arm down the side of me so I could get my camera out of my pocket). I was also BOILING hot because of all the body heat. There was no room what so ever between me and the stranger next to me. There was also a ton of crowd surfers. It was weird sometimes, because every once in a while a person I met while waiting in line would float above me towards the front of the crowd, and I'd wave, and they'd wave back.

I also found this, which is a video of Brendon performing a solo of "Round Here." This video actually makes me want to cry. I mean, it brought tears to my eyes. Not just because of how GORGEOUS Brendon's voice sounds, but because of how careless some people are. Brendon was trying to put on an amazing and dramatic performance, but the stupid girls that scream, "******** ME!" "WILL YOU MARRY ME?!" and "I LOVE YOU!!" ...basically ruined it. It makes me feel bad. I often wonder if the boys in the band ever look into those girls faces and just feel hatred towards them. But theres not much anyone can do about it, you know? But, when you're actually there, you can't blame them those girls. You're within FEET away from your idols.

The Panic! At The Disco DVD also shows some shots of the crowd. In this and this part of the DVD, there's even a camera on the left side of the piano facing the crowd as Brendon plays.

This video (the Boost Mobile show) also shows some crowd shots. (That dark skinned girl they did a close up on is AWESOME, btw) xd (oh, and I also really love how the boys are dressed in this show) Wow, I'm easily distracted. xD

If you find any other videos where they show the crowd, feel free to post them.
They don't even have to be good sound quality, really.

What do you guys think?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:32 am
    i've always thought about what they see in the crowd. i think they do start hating their fans. for example, if i ever meet one of them, i'm just another little fangirl among thousands of others. i don't want to be seen like that, but i can't be helped. then again, thats just me. i haven't been to a panic concert yet. watching those videos makes me scared. am i gonna be attacked by a mosh pit? gonk

in the ryan ross guild, they have a topic about ryan being annoyed by his fans singing along with them. i don't want to disappoint him. would i make him mad if i sing or if don't?

upsidexdown

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:45 am
upsidexdown
    i've always thought about what they see in the crowd. i think they do start hating their fans. for example, if i ever meet one of them, i'm just another little fangirl among thousands of others. i don't want to be seen like that, but i can't be helped. then again, thats just me. i haven't been to a panic concert yet. watching those videos makes me scared. am i gonna be attacked by a mosh pit? gonk

in the ryan ross guild, they have a topic about ryan being annoyed by his fans singing along with them. i don't want to disappoint him. would i make him mad if i sing or if don't?

I'm also worried about that, in a way. I don't just want to be another fan girl. I want to be someone special, someone they will remember.

Aww, haha. I don't think you'd be thrown in a mosh pit. I mean, I didnt. I think the best advice I can give you about going to Panic! shows is, if you don't mess with anyone, they won't mess with you. And really, if you happen to fall into a mosh pit or something, if you don't ACT like you want to be smashed up, no one will hurt you.

He was only annoyed because when they first started touring, their fans were singing along to every word before Ryan even released what the songs were about. There were eleven year olds out there singing about Ryan's abusive alchoholic father. He was just surprised. He didnt know their fans were going to know every lyric to every song before they've even toured there before. I'm almost positive he'd be over it by now.

Doll, when you go to a concert, you should scream those lyrics as loud as you possibly can. Really, thats what concerts are for. Everyone is singing, jumping, and just having a good time. You won't let Ryan down, because everyone else in the venue will be singing along with you. He's used to it by now. He shouldnt be a performer if he expects his fans not to sing along.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:21 pm
`PrimeRib
upsidexdown

I'm also worried about that, in a way. I don't just want to be another fan girl. I want to be someone special, someone they will remember.

Aww, haha. I don't think you'd be thrown in a mosh pit. I mean, I didnt. I think the best advice I can give you about going to Panic! shows is, if you don't mess with anyone, they won't mess with you. And really, if you happen to fall into a mosh pit or something, if you don't ACT like you want to be smashed up, no one will hurt you.

He was only annoyed because when they first started touring, their fans were singing along to every word before Ryan even released what the songs were about. There were eleven year olds out there singing about Ryan's abusive alchoholic father. He was just surprised. He didnt know their fans were going to know every lyric to every song before they've even toured there before. I'm almost positive he'd be over it by now.

Doll, when you go to a concert, you should scream those lyrics as loud as you possibly can. Really, thats what concerts are for. Everyone is singing, jumping, and just having a good time. You won't let Ryan down, because everyone else in the venue will be singing along with you. He's used to it by now. He shouldnt be a performer if he expects his fans not to sing along.

crying heart

that seriously made me tear.

upsidexdown

Possessions Procession

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:18 pm
Yaknow, I bet they do.
I'd start being a little hateful if I had to be a performer.

ABout the "just another fangirl" thing, I have decided, that if/when I meet ANY band, I will ask them how thier day has been. I will not shreak (sp?), I will not freak out. I will greet them like a normal person, ask them how thier day has been, then say "Well you guys are really great. Much love." And maybe ask if I can have a picture.
I bet that would be cool.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:43 pm
upsidexdown
crying heart

Aww, why, sweetie? heart

PrimeRibby
Captain

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:44 pm
Hostile-Pizza
Yaknow, I bet they do.

ABout the "just another fangirl" thing, I have decided, that if/when I meet ANY band, I will ask them how thier day has been. I will not shreak (sp?), I will not freak out. I will greet them like a normal person, ask them how thier day has been, then say "Well you guys are really great. Much love." And maybe ask if I can have a picture.

You know, that's actually a great thing to say. They probably don't get asked how their day has been very often. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:57 am
`PrimeRib
upsidexdown
crying heart

Aww, why, sweetie? heart

that part about kids singing about ryan's dad. ;3;
and that you understood what i was trying to say.
not a lot of my friends do, because they don't
know/like panic. D;

upsidexdown

upsidexdown

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:58 am
Hostile-Pizza
Yaknow, I bet they do.

thats what me and my friend are trying to do. we're gonna try to hold all of our screams and emotions in when we see them, and be as calm as we can.
3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:11 pm
upsidexdown
`PrimeRib
upsidexdown
crying heart

Aww, why, sweetie? heart

that part about kids singing about ryan's dad. ;3;
and that you understood what i was trying to say.
not a lot of my friends do, because they don't
know/like panic. D;

Aww. gonk heart -hughug-

PrimeRibby
Captain

SingPaNiCDiScO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:54 pm
upsidexdown

wooo mosh pits are fun. well, dangerous fun. don't worry. you'll be okay. and that's kind of weird, because Ryan should LIKE that. it shows how much people like the band!!! not SCREAM though. sing, yes. scream, no.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:56 pm
Hostile-Pizza
Yaknow, I bet they do.

yeah, that's good. the point is not to come across as someone who'd, like... i don't know. like bottle Brendon's sweat or something. Someone who loves their music because they just DO, and isn't going to stalk them obsessively. We all have our dreams and obsessive things but the point is we like P!ATD because we love their music. But it can be hard to tell fangirls from fans.  

SingPaNiCDiScO

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:03 pm
SingPaNiCDiScO
upsidexdown

wooo mosh pits are fun. well, dangerous fun. don't worry. you'll be okay. and that's kind of weird, because Ryan should LIKE that. it shows how much people like the band!!! not SCREAM though. sing, yes. scream, no.

I think she should scream it! (no one can hear you anyways! you can't even hear yourself.) I mean, you're at a Panic! At The Disco show! It's not like you can do that everyday. Butbutbut, if you notice a digital camera around you, or someone that's recording, don't scream!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:04 pm
Yeah, and yeah. That's not cool, if someone can't hear Panic! over you.  

SingPaNiCDiScO

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:05 pm
SingPaNiCDiScO
Hostile-Pizza
Yaknow, I bet they do.

yeah, that's good. the point is not to come across as someone who'd, like... i don't know. like bottle Brendon's sweat or something. Someone who loves their music because they just DO, and isn't going to stalk them obsessively. We all have our dreams and obsessive things but the point is we like P!ATD because we love their music. But it can be hard to tell fangirls from fans.

I'd bottle Brendon's sweat. crying redface
It's BRENDON FLIPPIN' URIE! His SWEAT! Comon, guys!!! xd

I'm not one of those preteen fan girls though. talk2hand I love them for their music.

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff