Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Re-ReCon Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:06 am
For those who don’t know, as of June 21st 2008, my Hubby and I will have been married for five years.

We had a ceremony in 2003.
It was a disaster.

My outfit ripped and I had to wear something I didn’t like.
The decorations on the cake (which has spiritual significance) were inverted.
The Officiant was over an hour late- and they were the ones providing our transportation.
It was an outdoor event- and it started to rain.
None of the family that I wanted to come could make it.
The family members who could make it didn’t because they said they couldn’t sit through the ceremony without scoffing.
At some point during the sharing of mead with the wedding party, someone started chanting “Chugchugchug!”
I had been given intoxicating substances in order to calm me down and as a result I announced that the Maid of Honor had been my first lesbian crush to the whole wedding party.

The saving grace was the Maid of Honor and her mother- who loaned us their pavilion for the ceremony and allowed the reception to take place at their home.

There were only nine people there- not one picture turned out and the videographer managed to hide my fat arse behind one of the pavilion poles. So it looks like Hubby married a pole.

Interestingly enough, it is common amongst many Rroma nations for folks to have a small wedding when they are young, and a large celebration when they can afford it.

This coming June I have invited my dear friends and family to attend such a party.

But lets face it- it isn’t easy for some folks to fly over- and I figure that the party (with likely about seventy people in attendance) wouldn’t be enough time to socialize with my dear friends.

So- let’s make it easy for folks by placing ReReCon along side said party. I know I am planning things way in advance- but let’s face it, I find it entertaining, and it helps make things run smoother.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:07 am
Confirmed Guest List for ReReCon:

BlueRoseTorn
Fiddler's Green
Maybe's for ReReCon
buy your ticket and get moved to confirmed

Thou
Deo  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:08 am
Planning and Lots

Dates

June 18th through June 25th is the tentative date set for the event.

Once we have a better idea of when the actual flights will be coming in, I will plan to make one large trip up to SeaTac and haul folks down. If you cannot make a flight in on that day- other folks might be able to provide rides, and if all else fails, I will split the Aero-porter fair with the folks who cannot fly in on that day.

To make it easy on me, everyone gets to take a Dinner.

I also plan to press friends into service politely ask that my friends help me with the party arrangements- little things like cooking and putting up decorations.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:08 am
Arrivals and Departures

Don't plan to put anything here for months...  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:09 am
Activities

Avenue Q at the Seattle Paramount Theater

The Bijav on June 21st

Rusty c**k Ridge Something tells me that hanging out there on Sunday after the party would be nice.

Gaian Costume Contest!
First Place will earn a $25 Target Gaia Cash Card
Second Place will win a $10 Gaia Cash Card
Third Place will get a number of Letters equal to the number of items released in the June Letters.

You'll need a picture of the Avatar you are dressed as.

What else would folks like to do?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:17 am
So have at it-

Who's coming?
What would you like to do once you're here?
What dates work best? (Assuming that folks are going to be here for the 21st of June).  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:07 pm
While Wolfhaven was delightful, perhaps this time we should go to NorthWest Trek?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:22 pm
I'll try to get my Kilt for this one.
My Mother still has it.

Hmm... I may just have another one made now that I am affluent again.

I am most likely going.
The vacation will be unpaid, so I must save for awhile, but it will be worth it.
What dates are we looking at?

Also, tell me the costumes you want to see me in.
I'll likely have Cowboy Erich and Victorian Erich ready by then. 3nodding

I get to cook this time?!?!?!? heart domokun heart  

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:29 pm
Fiddlers Green
I'll try to get my Kilt for this one.
My Mother still has it.

Hmm... I may just have another one made now that I am affluent again.
Score!

Quote:
I am most likely going.
The vacation will be unpaid, so I must save for awhile, but it will be worth it.
What dates are we looking at?

I hope to have everyone there for June 21st.
Now- how many days before and after is what seems to be up in the air.
I was thinking we could take advantage of mid-week flight fares and maybe do the 18th through the 25th.

Wing wants to stay at least two weeks last we spoke- so we can work on either side of this.

Quote:
I'll likely have Cowboy Erich and Victorian Erich ready by then. 3nodding
Victorian Erich!

Quote:
I get to cook this time?!?!?!? heart domokun heart
Everyone gets one dinner. That way- there is less stress.

As for lunches and breakfasts- well, I was going to do eggs and bacon with toasts stuffs and the like, and sandwiches/leftovers for ease.

If folks want to pitch in and do something different, I won't fuss.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:53 pm
Due to a happy change of plans, I'll be living in Kent, Washington, as of this September. *cough, cough*

And cooking? I make a bitchin' lasagna. mrgreen ninja  

queertastrophy

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:03 pm
BlueRoseTorn
Due to a happy change of plans, I'll be living in Kent, Washington, as of this September. *cough, cough*

You'll be in Kent?

That's just a hop skip and a jump from me.

So- when is your house warming? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:18 pm
TeaDidikai
BlueRoseTorn

You'll be in Kent?

That's just a hop skip and a jump from me.

So- when is your house warming? mrgreen

Looking to be early next month. The boyfriend-unit and I just began musing with the idea of it last night, and he's all ready found us a condo. Had no idea he'd be so eager to do this.

Mentioned I had an acquaintance via Gaia living in Washington to him. He's looking forward to meeting you.  

queertastrophy

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:06 pm
I would like to come! smile

I don't have anything specific planned for the vicinity of 6/21 yet, except that I need to have an internship for the summer (and if I really can't find one, a job).

It depends a little bit on where I am for the summer. I would be using one of my free tickets, which I have to use before the end of June, and I'd need to check with the airline to see if there were restrictions on when I can use them, and if I'm coming from anywhere except Baltimore or Atlanta I have to figure out how to swing the connecting flight because AirTran doesn't fly directly to Seattle from anywhere else. Also depends on when Pride dates are.

And I have other friends which might never forgive me if I was in the area and didn't visit them...but I don't know how close they actually are, etc.

But I will do some research because it would be awesome to go. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:34 am
BlueRoseTorn

Mentioned I had an acquaintance via Gaia living in Washington to him. He's looking forward to meeting you.
Heh... look forward to it myself.

TheDisreputableDog

And I have other friends which might never forgive me if I was in the area and didn't visit them...but I don't know how close they actually are, etc.

But I will do some research because it would be awesome to go. biggrin

What part of Washington?  

TeaDidikai

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:55 am
TeaDidikai
What part of Washington?
Hm, one of them is actually in Portland, two of them might have moved to Colorado by that time but I think they're close to Seattle (Bremerton sounds familiar), and the other few live in Federal Way.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff