Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
"True Love" Won't Be On The New Album (most likely) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you happy or sad "True Love" probably won't be on the record?
  Happy.
  Sad.
  Doesnt matter to me.
View Results

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:18 pm
MTV.com
Case in point is a song tentatively called "It's True Love," which the band unveiled last month at Summerfest in Milwaukee. The way things are looking now, it's probably not even going to make the cut for album number two.

"We hadn't played a show in a while, and we wanted to play something new, but that song's probably not even going to make the record at this point," guitarist Ryan Ross told MTV News at last weekend's Virgin Festival in Baltimore. "We've changed a lot of what we want to do with the record. And I feel like we're happier with the new songs we have so far than we ever were with any of the old songs on the last record."

I'm kind of bummed. sad I liked that song. xD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:44 pm
I never really heard that song. I tried to watch a few videos of it on youtube, but it was all really crappy quality and all I could hear were fans screaming. xP

Well, if Panic! likes the stuff on this new album better than the stuff on AFYCSO, it's going to have to be a pretty good album, because the AFYCSO songs were excellent.  

MistressSunshine

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:14 pm
MistressSunshine
I never really heard that song. I tried to watch a few videos of it on youtube, but it was all really crappy quality and all I could hear were fans screaming. xP

Well, if Panic! likes the stuff on this new album better than the stuff on AFYCSO, it's going to have to be a pretty good album, because the AFYCSO songs were excellent.

"True Love."
That's like the best version I can find. D= But from what you can hear, I think it sounds pretty good. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:38 pm
    ehh. i'm kinda relieved. that song was ok, but it doesn't have the panicky feeling to it. i was kinda surprised it was so repetitive. i didn't expect that from ryan. D;

upsidexdown

GoodbyeLights

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:08 am
u know, there is a possibility that ryan was misquoted
because its from MTV  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:06 am
upsidexdown
    ehh. i'm kinda relieved. that song was ok, but it doesn't have the panicky feeling to it. i was kinda surprised it was so repetitive. i didn't expect that from ryan. D;

Out of the three "new" songs we've heard, I thought "True Love" had the most Panicky! feeling. sad

PrimeRibby
Captain

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:07 am
punkguitar65
because its from MTV

What do you mean? I always thought MTV was pretty professional. (well, besides that 2006 VMA mishap)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:45 am
MTV once wrote an article that said "Things that will Suck"
and they listed panic!'s 2nd album on their list

and the writer wrote something like:

"Panic! at the Disco sophmore release: Why won't it suck? I mean the guys don't have much cred on their side, and their debut album auccess seems more like a fluke."

and then later they were commenting on the article u mentioned here...then they said to use the K.I.S.S. method which was Keep It Simple and Stupid... rolleyes

that's why...MTV doesn't really appreciate panic! i guess sweatdrop  

GoodbyeLights

tanyjames

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:36 am
`PrimeRib
punkguitar65
because its from MTV

What do you mean? I always thought MTV was pretty professional. (well, besides that 2006 VMA mishap)

what mishap? stare  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:15 pm
tanyjames
`PrimeRib
punkguitar65
because its from MTV

what mishap? stare

You know...when Panic! At The Disco went up on stage to get their VMA. Some dude comes up on stage and takes the mic from them. I mean, the MTV crew didnt do anything about the guy talking for atleast ten seconds.

PrimeRibby
Captain

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:17 pm
punkguitar65
MTV once wrote an article that said "Things that will Suck"
and they listed panic!'s 2nd album on their list

and the writer wrote something like:

"Panic! at the Disco sophmore release: Why won't it suck? I mean the guys don't have much cred on their side, and their debut album auccess seems more like a fluke."

and then later they were commenting on the article u mentioned here...then they said to use the K.I.S.S. method which was Keep It Simple and Stupid... rolleyes

that's why...MTV doesn't really appreciate panic! i guess sweatdrop

I'd like to read the article about them sucking, if you come across it again. I can't see MTV writing something like that. O.o

And I think they were just trying to be funny with the KISS thing. xD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:50 am
`PrimeRib
MTV.com
Case in point is a song tentatively called "It's True Love," which the band unveiled last month at Summerfest in Milwaukee. The way things are looking now, it's probably not even going to make the cut for album number two.

"We hadn't played a show in a while, and we wanted to play something new, but that song's probably not even going to make the record at this point," guitarist Ryan Ross told MTV News at last weekend's Virgin Festival in Baltimore. "We've changed a lot of what we want to do with the record. And I feel like we're happier with the new songs we have so far than we ever were with any of the old songs on the last record."

I'm kind of bummed. sad I liked that song. xD

I liked it too. 3nodding  

Snorlax says NO

Bashful Feeder

20,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:00 am
I liked it... I was excited to see how the album version would sound. But oh well, at this point, I'm so eager for the album I would probably be content with just singing Row, Row, Row Your Boat xp

(Okay so maybe not...)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:54 am
`PrimeRib
tanyjames
`PrimeRib
punkguitar65
because its from MTV

what mishap? stare

You know...when Panic! At The Disco went up on stage to get their VMA. Some dude comes up on stage and takes the mic from them. I mean, the MTV crew didnt do anything about the guy talking for atleast ten seconds.
surprised
I didn't watch that.
It's been a while since I watched the VMAs.
Anyone know when they're on? o.o  

Leowna

Friendly Conversationalist

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200

xBleedingVenom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:34 am
Eh...I didn't really like that song. I mean the lyrics...I was like "Whoa, is this really Panic!? But I guess I should listen to Hemingway. "Give the boys a break, everyone changes. I mean, look at me, I used to be tiny!". I love that video!!! Oh and if I ever meet Pete Wentz I wanna say to him "Shut up Pete! This is my dream!" That would be SO much fun! Sorry, randomness is kicking in.  
PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff