Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Does it Bother You? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Peggysan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:20 pm
My first Topic! (hopes it doesn't get banned. I obeyed the rules and checked and stuff....)

Alright. I was watching Whose Line is it Anyway (a hilarious comedy show/ "competition" of sorts), and one of their sketches involves them acting out a scene and the genre of the scene changes. So I was laughing and such, when the genre changed to Japanese Animation. The guy made a cheesy pun obviously based on stereotypical, badly dubbed Mech anime.... and I laughed, because it was quite funny!

Now, here's the question.. or questions. If you were in the situation, would it bother you? I'm sure most of you have been exposed to anime ripoffs and jokes of the ilk, example Stu-Pid-Oh from Puffy AmiYumi, You-Gotta-Go from All Grown up, etc. Do you get offended? Does it bother you?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:18 pm
I dont. I think anime sometimes needs to get made fun of ^^ i think its kinda cool, like a lot more people are aware of it now or something. Unless they start thinking its all like that. Idk. Stereotypes are gonna happen whether we like it or not, it cant be helped, but if anime does like that it just means its growing over here in the states, which is good xp at least i think.  

Keloid Berry

Whisperedphoenix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:19 pm
i saw that episode that was a lame excusie (sp) for japanese anime more of power rangers or som sort  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:10 pm
but what would you think of it if they went to the extremes with lies or something??  

Vaknar21

Variability

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:55 pm
Not really, it's a hobby, it's not something such as racial or of that like.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:55 pm
I think it is hillarious when people parody anime look at the South Park Ninja Eps.

Even more I love it when the Japanese make fun of themself with things like the "Hello Kitty Vibrator", "Gundam Condoms", "Doraemon Panties", ect.

Not to mention a ton of anime makes fun of other anime. One of my favorites is Excel saga that makes fun of a ton of different anime genre and anime like Welcome to NHK and Genshiken which makes fun of the anime fanbase.

I think it is hard to be a fan if you can not even laugh at your own hobby.  

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

Sinmodonly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:23 pm
Anything is open to make humor about. Anime is just one of those with much cannon to use for humor.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:16 pm
theres a lot of anime creaters out there that make fun of anime, in their anime...  

Keloid Berry

Toby_Rukus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:07 pm
it wouldn't bother me  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:52 pm
I'd only be bothered if someone was behaving similarly the the way Jack Thomson acts towards videogames.  

Ladensparrow

Silence_DarkWolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:21 pm
I dosnt bother me, they usually only make fun of crappy anime anyways  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:43 am
its never really bothered me at all  

Xxmusical_angel101xX

Dariram
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:51 pm
Not at all~  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:58 pm
sometimes it offends me when people make fun of anime, but only if the jokes are really ignorant or disrespectful.  

BloodySamantha666

MagusCaeruleus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:16 am
Humor is all well and good, and I've laughed at my share of stereotypical jokes. However, when it goes past joking, to when stereotypes become reality, THEN it bothers me. Like how some people say anime causes children to become mass murderers and serial killers. It's the same way with video games. It's funny to hear, I play video games, therefore I must be planning to kill everyone in this room. Why? Because as a video gamer, I know that's preposterous. I wouldn't do that anymore than anyone else. However, because of the violence inherent to some video games and some anime (you cannot deny that Naruto and Bleach is a bit violent... just that it wont make people serial killers) it does attract excessively violent people, the ones who WOULD do such a thing. However, to say ALL people who watch anime are violent or stereotypical is just plain ignorant.  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff