Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Peach's Sketchbook -Updated December 15th- Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

princess_peach141

1,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:12 pm
Hey, i'mma post a bunch of my drawings in here.....i'd like some pointers of how i can improve. I know i have a lot of improving to do and you all are hopefully gonna help me figure it out. heh. I'mma post them as pictures at first until i figure out how to make links with words. if anyone knows please enlighten me with the knowledge.

here goes nothing:

The only realistic ish drawing i've done...
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

One of the few drawings i've colored on the computer...i don't have photoshop or anything fancy
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

another colored......that's something else i REALLY need to work on. i got the pose from someone elses drawing and such.
User Image

That's all i'll post for now....  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:58 pm
User Image
well i chose this picture. I hope this can help you a bit. im not sure if you'd approve or not but i really hope it's ok sweatdrop
red is basically for the normal proportions. The purple represents the features in the face and the pink is for the hairline.
Other than that your proportions were originally good to handle. everything seemed in place and i didnt have a hard time trying to outline it.  

Miu-kins

princess_peach141

1,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:08 pm
.-lil Miu-.
User Image
well i chose this picture. I hope this can help you a bit. im not sure if you'd approve or not but i really hope it's ok sweatdrop
red is basically for the normal proportions. The purple represents the features in the face and the pink is for the hairline.
Other than that your proportions were originally good to handle. everything seemed in place and i didnt have a hard time trying to outline it.
thanks n_n that does help a lot  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:01 am
User Image

This draw over is sloppy, but I hope it helps anyway wink  

loontje

princess_peach141

1,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:50 am
thanks n_n  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:01 pm
Bump  

princess_peach141

1,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

princess_peach141

1,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:38 pm
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:58 am
Bump  

princess_peach141

1,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

TRP86

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:44 pm
I think you're off to a good start, but I would like to stress that practice at this stage is VERY important. It's good that you like drawing and would like to do it anime style, but please take note of proportions as well. On the whole I think you're fine (proportions are roughly there, poses are generally good) but do watch out for basics such as center of gravity, head proportions and how the face is arranged. Granted there are different styles in anime with different proportions, but a general rule of thumb is that the eyes begin halfway down the face. Yours tend to be a little bit higher than that.

I used an earlier post of yours to demonstrate an example, I hope this is okay:

User Image

Also be careful with how you draw hair. Hair is an extremely important feature in anime/manga (next to "eyes"), and normally the first thing people look at when looking at a picture. Take extra care with how you draw the hair and not just add in random, haphazard spikes.

Keep practicing! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:43 pm
thanks, and i understand what you mean about the face and ahir thing. but with the face thing, i have a problem with it because i don't like it to look all squashed and the mouth too close to the chin drives me nuts. i guess it's something i need to get used to in a sense  

princess_peach141

1,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

princess_peach141

1,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:17 am
A few of the latest one's i've drawn. i know i'm probably getting worse but eh at least i'm still trying.

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:23 pm
Presentation:
There isn't enough detail to need the images to be that big. It makes the lines look clunky and we can see every little place where lines don't meet well or get wobbly. Learn to resize them down to a size where you can see what you need to see. I'd say a height of 600p may be good for you. No more than 800 though for now until you're using more detail.

Anatomy:
I think you should look into the resource thread at some of the anatomy charts and lessons. Also, even if you're drawing anime, use real people and objects for reference. It helps a lot.

Also, try drawing simple 3d shapes before before worrying about outlines and details. It will help. For life drawing, really look at what you're drawing. Analyze the shapes.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas