Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oɴᴇ Pɪᴇᴄᴇ﹕Rᴀᴅɪᴀɴᴛ Dᴀᴡɴ

Back to Guilds

Hαve yoυ coмe тo prove yoυ вeloɴɢ oɴ тнeѕe ѕeαѕ... 

Tags: One Piece, Literate, Role Play, Battle, Adventure 

Reply Tʜᴇ Oᴄᴇᴀɴ
Tomb of the White Wings Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:25 pm
        𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐇 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄xx𝘛𝘰𝘮𝘣 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘞𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴xxxxBlue Sea l Hidden Island
        User Image____________________________________________________

xxxxxClaimed by: ---x

Formally known as Government base Elysium, it is now considered the grave marker of the once fabled group "Eden's Dove". Unlike it's former glory, it is no longer filled with life and movement. Trading it for overgrowth and a natural nature bound serenity. For those that know of it, it has become a taboo to even speak of its existence. But to those that once called it home, it serves as either a painful reminder of the past, or a soft spoken warmth of the time spent in its halls. These days various unique creatures and insects reside here now, making it more of a dungeon than base.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:30 pm
User ImageUser Image

sᴛʀ: 000 | sᴘᴅ: 250 | ᴅᴇғ: 000 | ᴘʀᴡ: 345 || ʜᴘ: 990 | ᴛsᴛᴀ: 600 | sᴘɪ: 178

[ All that was before was remained blinded by the light. For Galand, who so desperately sought after such, it was beautiful. Like the removal of his pain. A breach to the darkness. An end to his journey. If he could but reach it. It’s right there! But in the end, his body breaks down. Yet, despite this, before he can fall, a strangely familiar warmth covers him. Almost as if it’s telling him it’s okay to let go. It’s okay...to rest. And so, he does so. From Morgana’s curse, to his shattered bones, to his depleted stamina; all of it hits the man at once, and he collapses forward, only being caught by the embrace of Astraea. The last thing he hears before the whisper of sleep takes him is an apology, and the name he once went by; Starlight. As he passes out, for the first time in forever, Galand isn’t scowling. He isn’t frowning. In fact, there is no form of negativity residing on his face. He looks normal, like a man who finally got his chance to lay down and let the exhaustion fly from their overworked bones.

Just like in the good old days, he rests peacefully. Broken, but in peace. It’s unknown to his what happened after, but eventually he does find himself waking up. As he does so, he notices two distinct things. The sky is funneled with swirling purple clouds, repetitively cracking and crunching like glass before restoring itself. The second, is the sound of gears ticking and ever moving. A harmonious perpetual tune of machinery. One he hasn’t heard in quite some time. He sits up slowly, noticing the wounds he once harbored are nowhere to be found, and the weight of Morgana’s curse has all but faded. Unfocused, and still questioningly dazed, he rubs his eyes before looking around properly this time. Only then does he realize he’s sitting upon a very small island surrounding by strangely white water. A water so pure and clear it could even be considered fake. He slowly stands himself up, and moves to the tide, watching the clear liquid slide and recede. The sight is calming and almost heartwarming to watch.

The sound relaxes any previous notions of tenseness his body once instinctively prepared. A sigh leaves his lips as he watches onward, just taking a moment to take in the gentleness of it all. “Guess this must be the afterlife. And, I suppose...after everything I did, maybe I do deserve it.” He doesn’t seem saddened or emotional about the whole thing at all. He just continues to watch for moments longer until a familiar voice rings in his ear. “Not quite, silly.” Immediately his eyes widen as the sound of splashing water resounds behind in in random intervals. Golden iris look over his shoulder as Galand turns to see who could possibly be talking to him in this desolate place. And that’s when he sees her. Leona. She sits there as hopelessly cheerful as ever, with her arms wrapped around her knees. She tilts her head a bit, giving the man a nice big warm smile, forcing Galand to turn his body around quickly. At first he stands there speechless, fighting to speak but incapable of getting the words out.

Finally, he makes slow steps towards her as if in a daze. Surely this must be some kind of ruse, right? Another trick? But after getting so close, she turns up her eyebrows and awkwardly smiles to him. “What is it? You’re being so weird today, Leader.” Those words make him fall to his knees before her. In that moment he makes a face both of happiness and hurt, straining to express himself. He looks her in the eyes, grasping both of her hands, shedding tears as he firmly grips. “Leona… After everything that you went through, after you took such good care of us, after accepting me like family… I… What I did, I know cannot be forgiven...but, I…! I’m… I’m so sor-” But before he can finish, she slips a hand free from his grasp, and places a finger over his mouth to hush him up. The woman lightly shakes her head in refusal before returning her gaze to his.

A small silence lumbers between them for a brief moment before Leona lets out a sigh of relief. “I knew you’d be holding that in all of this time. You all went through so much, and suffered for years… And despite you always having scolded Astraea about it, you blamed yourself for far too much as well. But Galand, it’s okay.” She says in almost a whisper. After freeing her other hand, she places both on either side of her Leader’s face and gives him another smile. A face resembling a older sister or mother calming their wayward child. “I forgive you. And I want you to understand that what you did was save me. You freed me from having to commit something horrible. You SAVED me. And for that, I cannot thank you enough. So it’s time you forgave yourself. Let it all go, and move forward! You have to! After all, you’re our leader! They still need you, right?” After hearing her words, and given a moment to consider them without interruption, the man wipes the tears from his face, and nods in reply to his old ally.

He realizes it’ll take time for him to truly accept things, but hearing this from Leona… even if this is some hallucination… he needed it. Once more, the sound of splashing water erupts forth, and his attention in stolen just long enough for him to realize what he had ignored all of this time. Behind Leona is a large obelisk-like structure, and behind it far in the distance beyond the waves rests a massive cryptic tower. Old and ruined, the visage of gears and mechanisms tick and move in patterns within the open holes of its crumbling form. “But even if that’s true, the fact of the matter is, you killed her. You were FORCED to kill her, and for what? Because of the enemy. You were forced to steal away her future, all due to the selfish whims of those monsters. Wanting to cover up their tracks, and remove you insubordinate soldiers from play.” This echo-like voice rings painfully through Galand’s ears, forcing him to hold his head. After glancing up at Leona, he notices her standing tall with her arms spread, and her attention focused to the top of the obelisk. Galand manages to do the same, and notices someone...or something sitting up there with crossed legs.

Like a shadow, whispering about, given no clear shape, but it’s presence is somehow nostalgic. He knows who it is, but he can’t quite put his finger on it. “Who…?” But before he can properly ask, Leona stands him up and turns him away. Her hands grasp his shoulders as her forehead rests on his back. “No. You musn’t go that way. Your light, is there. Remember, you cannot look back anymore. For everyone’s sake.” Galand, choosing to believe in Leona’s words first and foremost, nods. The woman lightly pushes his back and make him take a step forward before looking up at the shadow-like being sternly. To which the being sucks their teeth and fades. The tower in the back is shrouded from obscurity, and only the light side of the island remains present for now. Galand lets out a sigh and moves forward, calm and collected once more as he moves into the clear waters, submerging over time. Some time passes as his vision goes out, and as if out of nowhere, his eyes open once more.

This time him coughing as if rising up from water. He stares up at the sky and notices the normal clear blue. He tries to move, but pain surges through him dutifully, forcing him to stay down. “Oww…” he says, turning his head to see his body bandaged and tidied up. “Where in the world am I…?” he questions, staring up cloudless sky once more. Not that he can do much else. ]

Traits: Primary Weapon: Sword x Rokushiki x Life Return | Perk: Master | Alliance: Pirate | Fruit: Quake

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:54 pm
User Image

sᴛʀ: 005 | sᴘᴅ: 020 | ᴅᴇғ: 050 | ᴘʀᴡ: 090 || ʜᴘ: 990 | ᴛsᴛᴀ: 600 | sᴘɪ: 090

XXX It was quiet. While not entirely unpleasant, the silence did leave Astraea alone with her thoughts, which wasn't always a good state for her to be in. Navigating the ship was simple enough; she'd been in charge of such for a long time after all. Reading the wind, occasionally stooping down to feel the currents, adjusting the sails when it was needed - it seemed as if they were all mindless tasks now. The bejeweled compass in her hand shimmered brilliantly in the sun, guiding her on toward her previous home. There was a small part of her resistant to return to Elysium, afraid of what she might see there, and every more terrified of what she would not see. Who she would not see. From what she and Galand had figured, they were possibly the only remaining members of Eden's Dove. Sighing, the woman pocketed her precious compass, staring onward at the seemingly endless blue spread out before her. Truthfully it was a lovely day. The sun warmed her skin, but was not overbearing, and there was a gentle breeze that ruffled her hair and soothed just a small amount of the tension she felt. Despite the good weather, it was hard to find much enjoyment at the time. Astraea felt practically nauseous with worry about her current situation. She'd betrayed the Marines by purposefully not capturing pirates, and even if Galand was telling her the truth, it seemed the years had changed him.

That wasn't to say she didn't sympathize or understand. The woman had memories of torture, too, and had she believed her captors to be The World Government, she would have also wanted revenge. However, she couldn't see the reason behind violence against citizens or where the desire to team up with pirates had come from. Galand had wanted to be a beacon of hope for so long, and knowing that he had instilled fear and pain into the people he had once wanted to protect was heartbreaking. But what was she supposed to say? She didn't even know what the hell was going on, so did she really have a right to judge him. Shaking her head, she ran her fingers through her hair, ruffling it slightly, hoping the action would do something to ease her frayed nerves. When that didn't help, she resorted to pacing about the deck, organizing supplies she had picked up during their travels. While Galand had remained asleep, she'd sailed on, making occasional stops along the way to rest and restock. The sudden fit of coughing from her fiance made Astraea stop what she was doing, moving over to his side and kneeling down next to him. The concerned expression on her face was tinged with guilt, and she had to restrain herself from reaching out to grab his hand. "Are you okay?"

For the past few days, the man had seemed stable, and while she was glad he had gotten the rest he'd clearly needed she was also relieved to see him awake again. She'd done her best to attend to his wounds as needed, redressing them with the medicine the Minkwoman had provided her. The woman herself held a similar bandaged appearance, though it was clear Galand was the one who'd suffered the most. And suffered at her hand no less. Swallowing hard, Astraea looked away, finding herself unable to meet his gaze any longer. "We're.. We're on a ship I got from a villager on Cactus Island. Heading to Elysium, just like you wanted.." Shooting a furtive look in his direction, she offered a small smile before looking away again. "I didn't know where else to go. And I do want to return home.. With you." She reached her hand forward as if she were attempting to grab hold of his, but stopped and pulled back, curling her palm into a fist. "Can I help you sit up? I can bring you some food and water after." After everything she'd put him through, she felt it would be wrong to do anything without his permission.

While waiting for his response, she looked back at the horizon line, smiling sadly as a familiar island began to come into view. "Not much longer now."

North Lotus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:37 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ “Are you okay?” The question that sends a faint shock through the man’s system. As if a teenager, Galand squints his eyes to keep focus on the sky. Clearly upset, he sighs ever so lightly. Once more he tries to move himself, but fails miserably, as this time his body has officially had enough of his crap. So he remains, trying to ignore the question. Right now can only guess that one of two things has happened here. Judging by the sound of the waves and sail, they’re moving. On a ship. So either he lost to Astraea, and she’s currently hauling him off to prison… Or, he lost to Astraea and she more or less kidnapped him. Regardless, either though sends beads of sweat down the side of his head. Now, at this very moment, he desperately regrets not having rested after all. He thinks to himself at if it’s Raea, she’s probably headed straight for Impel Down. Make sure he never gets a chance to go mental ever again. But, maybe there’s the chance that she isn’t THAT pissed with him, and is just taking him for a joy ride somewhere or something?

That’s when she speaks up once more. His eyes widen at her words. He turns his head slightly in her direction, staring up to her despite her having turned away from him. After a moment, the face of shock fades, and is replaced with a more plain one. He’d turn back to face the sky and huff. “Since we’re headed there, I guess you chose not to arrest me after all. Did...were the others okay? You didn’t hurt them, did you?” he asks rather casually. In the end she offers to sit him up, to which he replies with an noise of acceptance. Not truly, verbally, giving an answer. Once properly sat up, he groans at the act of having been moved in general. The backlash from his recklessness is hitting him multiple times as hard as it normally would have. Moving from fight to fight, and harsh environment to the next with no true rest… it ate at him. But, now that he’s sitting up, the man can get a proper look at the state of his body, and he realizes one thing. He’s still much weaker than he was back in the day.

The thought frustrates him, but he wouldn’t show it on his face. Instead, he thinks back to what he’s lacking, and then to Astraea. “Hey, Raea… I didn’t pay it mind until now, but you’re pretty mean.” He says this, staring in the distance with squinted eyes as if pouting or annoyed. He can’t accept it. She beat him so easily, despite them being on equal footing back then. They’d clash for so long, but this time he was just too out of it. And despite knowing this, his love decided to drop him on his head hard. She seriously kicked his butt! “Even though I probably didn’t give you much choice, it’s annoying. I want a rematch.” he so greedily demands, still not even able to lift a finger. Let alone fight one of the strongest women he’s ever known. The only thing that rids him of these troubling thoughts is the ever approaching island on the horizon. Once he notices it, his eyes widen, shimmering in the light of the sun.

A calming breeze carries through, and the sea would seem to momentarily go silent. It’s as if...it’s welcoming them back. “I guess I can let it go for now…” he remarks softly, almost under his breath. A sense of peace wells up in his chest, similar to the waves of that island in his sleep. This nostalgic sensation, the smell of the air, and calls of the birds fluttering about the mass… That’s it for sure. They’ve made it home. ]

Traits: Primary Weapon: Sword x Rokushiki x Life Return | Perk: Master | Alliance: Pirate | Fruit: Quake

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:25 pm
User Image

XXX "No.. I couldn't do it." Astraea sighed, running her fingers through her hair anxiously. "I.. I know you weren't lying to me. So I believe that what you've told me is true, and if I arrested you and took you back.. They'd kill you." Pulling her legs to her chest, she looked down at the deck, a somber expression on her face. "I didn't want that.." Even though she'd told him when she'd first reunited with him that she'd kill him, she knew she never would have been able to go through with it. Through it all, she'd loved him, and if his truth was the reality of the world, it would explain why she felt the way that she did. Hearing his concern for the pirates that had been left back on the ship, she turned to look at him again, fury in her eyes, her lip curled in disgust. "No. They're fine." Her voice trembled with the anger she felt, unable to understand how he could have compassion for people so vile. Though, she had to admit that she still cared for Galand deeply even after he'd done horrible things. Could it be that he.. loved these people? The thought made her feel nauseous. "That minkwoman convinced me to leave them alone, but I won't be so kind the next time our paths cross. How could you even worry for them?"

Even though she was sure she already knew the answer and didn't wish for him to confirm it, she couldn't stop herself from asking it. Once he'd agreed to allow her to move him, she wrapped her arm around his back and under his arm, pulling him up into a sitting position. "Sorry.." Hearing his groans, it was a knee jerk reaction to apologize, feeling guilty that she'd brought him pain. Then again! "Wait. I take that back. You deserve it." Scowling, she pulled away, rustling through a bag to get him some food and something to drink. Since he'd been out for so long, she figured it was best to start simple, pulling free a chunk of bread and some water. Hearinh Galand speak her name, she looked up, her face immediately contorting back into her angered expression when he finished his sentence. She was mean?! For what, forcing him to stop committing crimes?! Making him rest when he was on the brink of dying from exhaustion?! His next comment left her almost dumbfounded. "Ugh!" She threw the chunk of bread at his face, where it lightly bounced off and landed in his lap. "That's what you're upset about?! Losing?! You drive me up the damn wall, you know that?!"

Shoving the water toward him, she stood, turning her back on him as she moved to turn the wheel of the ship slightly, silently fuming for a few moments. "I don't." Her words sounded bitter, clearly still aggravated, but as she continued to speak she trailed into a much sadder tone. "As it is now, if you were at your best and we fought.. I think you'd kill me." Raea knew the difference between him sparring with her, and him fighting seriously, and back at the island Galand had been putting everything he had into his attacks. If he wasn't so tired, she wouldn't have been able to react to his speed, and even she had a limit to how much damage she could take. Knowing this was disheartening to say the least. As much as she didn't want to believe it, she truly did feel like he had it within him to kill her if that's what he wanted. And there was no way she could let something as devastating as that go. For a long time after she was silent, staying at the wheel of the ship even though she didn't have to. Watching the glimmering waves of the ocean brought her a small sense of calm, and she coaxed herself with the idea of diving beneath them to enjoy the freedom of the sea. It had been a long time since she'd been able to relax like that.

It wasn't much longer after that the pair arrived back on their old island. Still quiet, Astraea went about docking the ship alone since Galand couldn't move at the moment. When she was done and the ship was secure, she moved to lean against the railing, looking down at the soft, familiar sands. Finally, she spoke again, but she still had her back toward him. "I guess we'll stay here until you can move a little."

North Lotus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:02 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ Well, at least that’s one good thing going for him. Officially, Galand puts to rest the idea of him being thrown in a cell and swiftly executed since Astraea told him she has no plans to turn the lug over. And now that he thinks about it, he isn’t even cuffed. When the man starts putting the pieces together in his head, even if the woman is upset at him, there’s no way she’d actually wanna have him executed, right? At least not before they figure all of this mess out. Heck, from the sound of it, she even spared the girls a pretty brutal fight. Not that they’d have been able to fair well at all with Astraea being their opponent. The only thing that sticks strangely to him about the reasoning is this Minkwoman business. Galand closes his eyes tight and thinks to himself. But no matter how long he thinks back, he’s pretty darn certain there was no such being on that ship. “...Minkwoman? There wasn’t any…” But, he decides to let it go. Whoever that person was, they saved the crew’s behind big time. If he ever ran across them one day, he’d remember to thank them.

That’s if he lives long enough to see that day, at any rate. After opening his mouth like a fool and ranting his childish frustrations out towards his fiancee, she promptly retaliates with quite the simmer. Clearly beyond frustrated with Galand’s antics by this point. He turns his head away, still retaining his childish pout. In truth, he’s quite afraid of Astraea when she’s angry. She doesn’t get that way often, but when she does...ho boy do you not want to be the target of her huffing and puffing. Yet on the same coin, he’s fairly happy… though he wouldn’t admit it. How long as it been since he’s seen her casually bickering at his ridiculous stunts. It reminds him of old times. He only starts to take a serious face once she walks away from him, giving her grievances at the notion he may have seriously tried to kill her if given the chance. He looks to her back silently, not really having much of an excuse considering what happened. All he can do is lower his head towards the water resting against him. “...Damn.” he whispers, a bit annoyed at himself.

In the end, the two arrive to the island and are greeted with a lush greenery. A beautiful abstract design of man’s architect humbled by the prowess of mother nature. From the stairways, to the buildings and various equipment of their docks. It’s all covered in beautiful plants and exotic flowers unique to this island. In the distance strange deer-like creatures stare from behind ruined storage offices and trees, curious about the new arrivals to their land. Galand stares at what was once a secure and masterfully upkept docking routine. Now, none of the traveling faces and guards remain present. Only a shadow of what once was remains. His gaze, fueled by neither anger not sadness, watches on. With moment collecting the present state of his once magnificent home. Yet despite this scene of ruin, he feels nothing. As if he knew it would turn out this way one day. Afterwards his gaze moves upwards, to the winding and towering structures that maintained their various houses. Even from down at the sands can he see the changes made.

The only thing that somehow survived are their waterfalls. Beautiful and unbound. They fall mercilessly as always, as if the fight from the past never took place. Galand’s eyes close, and a small breath escapes his lips. In moments he can hear them. The sound of crates being moves to-and-fro. Soldiers and trainees running about the island in uniform, calling out their unified shouts of vigor. Children playing in the sands, being scolded not to get in the way of the good men and women working. He can hear Roma playing right alongside them, being chased down by Leona to please finish her paperwork properly. Dist and Cartel sharing drinks while laughing away at various feats of manliness taken during their latest missions. Y’shtola and Celtisilia training together, hoping to surpass their limits day in and day out. Ran, sitting near the falls eating his rice crackers like always. He never did get tired of those things. And finally, Astraea asking for Galand to open wide so he can taste test her latest masterful design.

Galand’s head tilts back further now, enough to face the sky, as he somehow manages to lift an arm and pinch the rim of his nose, fighting back tears with all his might. After officially collecting himself, his eyes open up once more slowly. His viewpoint locks back to the deer, and after a few seconds, he decides. “...Hey. Angelfish.” he call for her, despite knowing she’s angry with him right now. No matter where their roads have led them these past few years, no matter what either of them have done since then, now matter where their ideals aim right now, for Galand...she’s definitely the most important to him. And if he truly does wish to fish everything back to the way it once was, then naturally it’d have to start with Astraea. “I’m sorry. For everything…” he remarks before going back silent. “Let’s...go up.” he continues after a bit. ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:45 pm
User Image

XXX The sight of the island is so different that at first glance one might have thought it was a completely separate location. But there were enough familiarity for Astraea to know that this was her old home even now that it was covered in lush foliage and inhabited by creatures she had never seen before. Vines covered old staircases, the ocean had worn down parts of their docks, and everywhere she looked it seemed as though nature was retaking what had once been hers. It was a beautiful sight, even if it did make her sad to see that things weren't the same. Some part of her still hoped that Roma or Leona would come running down the shore to greet them, or that she could stop and help build a sandcastle for the gathered children, or stop to trade for some fancy new liquor for her friends. Resting her head in her hands, she turned her gaze back to the waves that gently lapped at the sand, her shoulders shaking as she cried silently, remembering the times she had spent with people she considered family that she could never get back.

She missed them all, desperately. Each one of them had taught her such valuable lessons over the years, and no longer having them around left a gaping hole in her heart. Even though she was angry with him, she was immensely grateful to have Galand by her side. In fact, now that her anger had faded completely, she was glad he'd gotten upset over something as silly as losing a fight. It was a reminder that she hadn't lost everything, even if the situation was different now. And there was still the hope that perhaps they weren't the only two left of Eden's Dove. Leona would never return to their side, a fact that Raea knew hurt Galand as much as it hurt her. But maybe the other were still out there somewhere. Maybe she could apologize to Roma and share snacks with her again. Maybe once more she could play pool with Cartel or hear Y'shtola tell a story again. The thoughts were supposed to sooth her, but only resulted in making the woman cry harder, evident now by the gasping noise she made as she drew in a breath. After a couple of minutes, her sobs subsided and she wiped her eyes, turning her forlorn, tired gaze to Galand when he spoke her familiar nickname.

Embarrassing as it was, it did bring her some happiness to hear him call her that again. The next words that left his mouth though surprised her, and her eyes widened slightly, unable to keep herself from smiling - though it was tinged with sadness. "Me, too.. I'm sorry for everything, too.." Stepping forward toward him, she dropped to her knees by his side, hesitantly resting her forehead against his shoulder and closing her eyes, silent until he spoke again. "I don't think you're in any condition to move.." Sighing, she pulled away, wiping her eyes again and standing up, extending her hand out to her fiance, a small smile on her face. It was still going to take time for her to come to terms with everything that had happened between them, but this was a start. "But now that you're awake, it's not like I can expect you to sit still, right? Let's go."

North Lotus-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:58 am
User ImageUser Image

[ So as it turns out, maybe Astraea isn’t as mad at him as he thought. Though she’ll still obviously reserved, given the circumstances of their lives apart from one another, she still at least has enough care in her to accept his apology. Hearing her apologize back to him, as surprising as it is, sends a simple sense of relief through him chest. Galand offers her a smile and accepts her help in standing up. Though it’s an incredible struggle, together, they manage to get him into his feet. One slow step at a time, he fights through the stinging pain. Flexing his legs with each step to surpass Morgana’s curse. They’d begin the trek up the island, stopping first at the ever winding stairs leading to the first house. For the present Galand it looks like a road to the heavens. A massive near insurmountable wall. But one he must climb. After looking at Raea, he nods starts to make his way up. With each step he notices how wild the place was allowed to become.

Once a holy place for soldiers, now stands as a monument of nature for the planet. Vines and shrubbery line the cracked staircase. Even the air has a more distinct smell of leaves and grass. Despite how things have become, Galand doesn’t necessarily hate it. “Kind of reminds you of those ancient ruins we were sent to explore back then, doesn’t it? We went on so many missions looking for places like this, every time leaving this place behind. Who would have thought this would become one of those places?” Likely a sad attempt at starting conversation, but what can he say. He wants to hear Raea’s voice more. Plus, the ambience and silence of this place is almost starting to become creepy. If they’re going to be here together anyways, might as well make the most of it. After a few more minutes of climbing they’d reach the first house. A large building stationed finely alongside one of the waterfall spires that supported Elysium.

Even though a battle had taken place here, the architecture has held on strong. While there are a few battle scars, this place was indeed crafted as the first line of defense. The place that would hold out the longest with the most bare minimum of support necessary. Yet within its walls were the recreation palace, where the soldiers and Dove agents could spend their time relaxes and having fun with one another. It resided within the first house due to it being so close to the beach side base where the normal rank and file soldiers were stationed. This way, they’d have only a short way to go for the fun and games. An idea courtesy of Roma, who treated even rookie soldiers as equals and friends alike. Galand stands there silently for a few moments before taking a few steps closer to the large steel doors leading inside. Her bows courtesly before holding up a hand in greeting. “We’re home!” he says. His voice holds a tinge of excitement, as if trying to mask the obvious sadness behind it.

“Ladies first.” he offers, allowing for Raea to enter first. Though, to that end, he likely wouldn’t be able to open the powerful doors in his condition anyways. ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:57 pm
User Image

XXX With a grunt, Astraea managed to provide some assistance in getting Galand up on his feet, turning to him in bewilderment after the task was accomplished. "Why are you so heavy now?!" It wasn't as though the man had ever been light per say, but now it felt as though he had been lining his clothes with steel bricks or something! "I had to carry you to this ship alone, you know!" Were she not a highly trained Marine, the woman was sure her legs would have given out before she'd even halfway completed the task. For once his pace was slow, no doubt due to his injuries and whatever it was that was incapacitating him so. In fact, it almost seemed that he was tied down to some invisible object that was trying to prevent him from going anywhere at all, and despite this he kept moving. Stubborn b*****d. Still, she couldn't help but smile a little. Some things never changed, and her fiance had always been resilient like this in ways that were equally frustrating and inspiring. "Just.. Take it slow. We're not in any rush, and I don't want you to reopen your wounds." Despite the sternness of her words, her voice was fairly gentle, though she made a point to pout slightly and glance away from Galand as they walked to show that she was indeed still upset with him. Reaching the stairs, Raea winced slightly, aware that there was no way her partner could make it up the long flight in the condition he was in now. Turning her face back toward him, she opened her mouth to suggest that they return to the ship and wait until he'd recovered a little more, but he was already making his way up! "Are you serious?! What're you doing?!" Dammit all, he hadn't changed in the slightest!

Heaving a loud sigh, Astraea rolled her eyes and trekked after him, knowing that he was nearly impossible to stop once he'd made up his mind. If there was one person that could at least make him halt temporarily though, it was her. And in fact, she did just that a couple of times as they ascended the familiar stairway when she noticed his breathing getting heavier or his gait becoming unsteady. Tapping her hand on his shoulder a couple of times, she got his attention and then sat down, patting the space beside her. "Sit down for a minute before you pass out." From there she nodded to his words, smiling faintly as she gave Galand time to recover. "Yeah, it does. It makes me wonder if this is what it was like before Elysium was created. It's beautiful. I mean.. I don't even know what half of these plants here are now.." Closing her eyes, she drew in a deep breath, looking content as she exhaled. "I can smell something sweet, but I can't tell if it's a flower or a fruit." Hopefully she'd get the chance to find out at some point. After all, they had time. With only a couple more forced breaks, the pair finally made it to where the first - and perhaps the most frequently visited - house was.

"Oh.." If Galand's story was true, then the damage to the building was a sight he was familiar with, but that was not the case for the woman beside him. Her heart ached to see the beloved building in the state it was in, but she was also stunned at how gorgeous the flowering vines that sprawled along the walls were. "I guess you can find beauty in the scars, too, don't you think?" Following after Galand, she offered him a sad smile at his greeting, dipping her head to him slightly and whispering her own words in return. "Welcome home." Grasping hold of the door, she opened it, and was immediately startled by some small deer like creature bolting between her legs. "WAH?!" Stumbling back, the woman fell and quickly scooted frantically back to her fiance's side, clinging to his leg. "What?! What the hell was that?!" Cautiously she peered back around the open door, a nervous hum escaping her as she took in the room. Thin lines of sunlight caught myriads of dust that floated about the room, and despite the small commotion that had just occurred, everything was deathly silent. Furniture lay overturned or broken, the paint was beginning to chip, and everything about the once vibrant area looked washed out. But it was that silence that was the worst of it. "H-Hey.. Doesn't this remind you of one of Roma's ghost stories..?"

Shifting onto her knees and then onto trembling legs, Astraea moved behind Galand, placing both hands on his shoulders and standing on her toes in order to peer over him. "No way.. You go first."

North Lotus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:25 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ It was funny, seeing Astraea struggle with the man’s ‘weight’ now. He had never thought about it before, but turns out others are able to experience his curse through him. In her case, he comes off as far heavier than he’d ever been previously. Had it not been for the sharp pain shooting up his body with each step he could have managed a witty response or two. For now, he’d just leave it be with a simple chuckle. Even with the woman’s clear concern for his well being, he just can’t bring himself to stop. Pain or not, he wants to see their home again. He has to. Luckily for him, Astraea is able to talk him to relaxing even if it’s just for a moment. So as to not overburden his body--something he is quite prone to doing despite his best efforts to take advice. And so, he sits down next to her. Grunting a bit as he does so. His eyes move to her as she starts talking about the wonderful scent wafting through the air.

Unknowing of whether it’s fruit or flower, regardless, they both seem to be savoring it. He turns away, resting his arms on a stair behind him while tilting his head back to take a good sniff. A chill almost runs up his form as the sweet aroma takes his senses for a ride. “Maybe...a fruit. The flowers here have a good strong, healthy scent. But this smell… it’s yummy. So, probably a fruit?” he says, giving a rather ridiculous reason, yet one he wholeheartedly believes in. After spending more time together to take in the scenery and atmosphere of their home’s new state the two finally reach the first house. Out of surprise, Galand’s greeting is met with a ‘Welcome home’ by his partner. Words that lights a warmth in his chest. One just nearly strong enough to make him tear up, but not quite. Though the nostalgia rushing through him grips at his feelings tight. He looks up to her with a calmed smile, as if he’s slowly attaining the peace he’s been missing in all of these years.

His arms cross as Astraea slowly opens the doors to the first house. Though Galand expected to see ruins and broken furnishings, he did not expect for the place to have become the new home of the local wildlife. Realistically it should have been expected, but the sight of the small deer creatures rushing out between Raea’s legs startles even him. Only after they dash past him, look back, and rush down the stairs does he focus again. He feels a tug at his legs, forcing him to notice Astraea down there gripping for dear life. “Haha, come on, Raea. It was just some deer...things. They seemed harmless enough.” Still, she wouldn’t listen. And now he finds himself being the first to enter the building with his betrothed in tow. With a sigh, he steps inside the building, slowly.

His steps crunch over fragments of glass, debris, and wood. The echoes of scurrying and life can be heard both inside and out the building, but nothing comes out from hiding. As if whatever it is is more afraid of them than the other way around. Though considering Astraea’s state of being presently… who knows who the most afraid truly is. After the make it to the center of the entry hall, where a beam of light descends from a hole in the ceiling, Galand looks up. From here, the scent from before is masked by the lingering scent of the overflowing flora and fauna. Vines crawl up the decayed walls. Cracks filled with roots and dirt spread from the floor to the walls. Their once finely placed furniture and accessories lines the ground in such a heartbreaking state. Galand was present to see the destruction happening, but he never got the see it end. “So this is how you turned out, huh? ...Sorry we had to leave you behind like that, buddy.” he says, speaking to the structure itself. A hand presses against the wall as he looks it over.

After a few moment he’d head into the building proper, finding himself in the main assembly room where all of the fun happened. As he looks around, he places his hands on his hips with a smile. No matter which way he turns, he can’t help but recall all the good times they had. And while he does this, eyes prowl from the railing upstairs. Watching the two intruders to the now barren home. Though for now, it only watches on. “You really are strong though, huh…? Despite being attacked by an entire marine platoon, you’re still standing strong. With a few band-aids here and there, you should be good as new. Then everyone can finally…” He voice slowly lowers in volume as he thinks of everyone. In truth, it’d be nice if everyone could come together again, but… that’s only if they are even still alive. ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:19 pm
User Image

XXX The explanation as to why Galand thought the sweet smell in the air was a fruit and not a flower elicited a quiet laugh from the woman beside him, and Astraea nodded slightly. The way he applied logic to situations wasn't always the obvious solution, but if it worked for him that's all that mattered. "Perhaps you're right. If we can find it I think I'd like to taste it." The rest of the trip up with her stubborn fiance was without much complication up until she'd made the mistake of opening the door to the house. While Galand was able to laugh it off, she was not quite so easily convinced. Still, she couldn't help but feel just a tad bit embarrassed, a light flush across her cheeks as he tried to get her to relax a bit. "It's always the innocent ones that get you! I'm not letting my guard down!" Peering over his shoulder, she followed him into the familiar space, shifting her gaze around as the small creatures that had settled into their old home scurried off into hiding. With that immediate danger out of the way, Raea was able to take in the damaged interior, frowning at the state she found it in.

"Ah.." It was clear from the way things were scattered about that a fight had occurred her - and it wasn't just the usual wreckage of Galand and Ran wrestling with each other. Sighing, the woman walked over to the window, opening the shutters and opening the building to the outside world, sneezing as dust kicked up into her face. "Definitely a fixer upper, huh?" Looking over to her partner, it was clear her words could apply to him just as much as they could to the building. "I think we've fixed up things in worse condition though.." Righting a few pieces of furniture, Astraea dusted them off to the best of her ability. For several minutes she walked around, opening windows, testing which light fixtures worked and which were a bust, salvaging their old items however she could. Opening an old closet, she noticed a round pair of eyes staring back at her and blinked several times, barely keeping herself from jumping in surprise. "Uwah.. Sorry to disturb you.. I'm just.. Ganna grab this.." Reaching forward slowly, she grabbed a couple of brooms and briskly shut the door walking out of the room faster than she had entered it.

When she found Galand again, she returned to his side, smiling a little at the words she caught. "I like that idea." Even if it was a long shot, even if it was impossible now, it was a nice thought to have. Hell, even just having the man beside her back by her side made her feel more at peace than she had the past couple of years. Mad at him or not, she loved him, and his presence brought her a sense of safety and comfort. Holding out a broom to him, she began sweeping the floor beneath them, sweeping aside broken glass and bullet shells. "Before I forget, do you know a man named Azusa?" Momentarily she looked up to see his answer before continuing on with her work. "He's a Marine and he sought me out one day. He said he knew you and that you were brothers back in.." Despite all the years that had passed, she still couldn't bring herself to mention the name Wano in front of him. "Well, he said he knew you when you were younger. And he said you weren't the type of person to act recklessly without a reason. I think... after listening to what you've told me, I can agree with that."

Suddenly she realized she had a lot to talk about. "And I'm sure you could have guessed from when you last saw her, but Evelyn's a Marine now, too. She just got a promotion in fact. And someone gave her a Devil Fruit, so now of all things, she can manipulate gravity." Shaking her head, the woman gave a half-hearted, nervous chuckle. She couldn't help but worry about her precious daughter after all. "She's off training with Admiral Pesh.. But knowing what I do now, I feel foolish for allowing her to leave with that woman.." If they couldn't trust the World Government, how could she be comfortable with Eve running off with an Admiral? Sighing, she stopped her sweeping and looked down at the floor, brows knitted in worry. "Do you think she'll be okay?" The girl was powerful, but there was only so much one person could do against the force of an entire government. Now that she was realizing her mistake, Astraea wanted little more than to sail back to base as quick as she could and demand the whereabouts of her daughter to secure her safety. But if she'd been in the Marines for years after their betrayal, was she even in any danger? It was a hard thing to tell, and not anything Raea wished to gamble on.

North Lotus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:44 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ Noticing Astraea starting the cleanup process, he takes the time to stop and watch for a spell with a smile. She always had this natural appeal when doing these more simple tasks. After getting his feel, for now, of the wondrous sight, he goes to try picking things up himself. It’s difficult to be sure. Enough so that the flip over couch proves to be a strain on his muscles, but the tinges and burn helps him feel alive. Lets him know that this right now is real. Every so often between sitting upright things here and there, Galand would find himself looking over his shoulder to make sure that Astraea wouldn’t disappear again. Just to confirm that she’s truly here by his side. Only when she brings up a certain name does his focus break. He drops the stone he was hoisting, letting it shatter at his feet. Widened eyes of shock stare forward as she goes on.

At first he keeps his silence, opting to pick up the now smaller pieces of stone to toss them out to the sea. He can only think of the name spoken by her lips. It’s a name he hadn’t heard for years. Azusa… “...I see.” he chimes in, allowing for Raea to continue her explanation. “That sounds just like him. He was always so nosey, even back then. But I never thought he was still alive… So, you made it out too…” he says looking to the ground, lightly nodding his head as if putting conclusive pieces of a puzzle together. It’s like a tinge of happiness, but confusion and surprise to mix. He gets back to work with a new refreshed pep in his step, despite his weary ideas. He’s concerned on what kind of person Azusa may have become over the years, but from the explanation, he sounds as if he’s in a decent state of mind? Maybe it’s fine to let it go as is. But, in typical Astraea fashion, she drops yet another bomb shell on him. This one forcing him to turn around completely in shock. “EHHHHHHH?!” he screams, his eyes stretching from his head.

“You let her become a Marine?! Why would you do that?! No, wait, she got a promotion, AND a Devil Fruit?! That’s my girl! It looks like I raised her right, Grahahahahahaha!” he proudly laughs, fists pressed to his side confidently, all but forgetting the Marine part. He can’t help but feel happy hearing the news. It’s no good that she’s a Marine, but she wasn’t involved back then as far as he knows, so she shouldn’t be in much trouble for now. Especially considering Astraea seems to be in the force just fine as well? Astraea goes on, bringing up Admiral Pesh. A name that makes him cringe for a bit. The woman gave him the heebie jeebies. But, unlike some others, she never gave him a particularly bad feeling. She always seemed indifferent, but at the very least she was always ‘caring’ in her own right. “Hmm. Well, if it’s Pesh, she’ll be okay. I know it’s not satisfying, but somehow I just know. She’s not one of the problems. Plus, my daughter is strong. If it’s her, she’ll get through just fine.” As he says this, he walks up to Astraea, placing both hands on her shoulder and giving her a big confident smirk to assure her. Or at least try.

But he knows she’ll likely worry anyways. Up on the upper floor, prowling along the shadows of the rails as before, something watches the pair. It’s eyes squint for a moment before its teeth flare and it begins to snarl. Despite its size, its steps almost hold no sound, but the sound of its aggravation is clear. It’s only when it lunges over the rails does Galand notice its presence. Out from the shadows, a massive bear with sharp antlers descends from the second floor, attempting to land atop the pair with its sheer size alone. Out of habit he’d try to shove Astraea aside before quickly turning to intercept it, but hesitates greatly from a sudden shock of pain in his abdomen. “s**t…! The wound from before, now?!” he thinks to himself.
                                ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:28 pm
User Image

XXX Though she knew he was doing his own share of the clean up, every once in a while Astraea could feel Galand's gaze fall back to her. At first she found this to be a bit confusing, but it quickly sunk in that he was checking on her. This realization brought forth equal amounts of happiness and sadness, touched that he still seemed to care quite a bit about her well-being, but disheartened to know he felt the need to check so frequently that she was fine. "I'm okay, you know." Shifting pieces of rubble and broken tables, she smiled lightly at him. ""And I'm not going to go anywhere. Especially since leaving you alone is clearly a bad idea." Though the words were a bit surly, there was no animosity coming from the woman, and it was more as if she were teasing him than anything. Turning back to her work, she only looked back again when he suddenly dropped the stone he'd been carrying, jolting in surprise. After her hammering heart was able to slow, she nodded to his words. "Yes, maybe you'll be able to meet him again someday." Part of her wanted to ask about the others that had been with him in Wano, but she knew it was better to hold her tongue.

To Galand's next outbursts though, she would not be silent. "Eh?! Of course she'd be a Marine! She was raised by Marines! She's strong and she wants to help people, it just makes sense that's what she'd do!" Then suddenly his attitude seemed to change, causing Raea's eye to twitch in annoyance. "Ohh? What's that? Don't you mean we raised her right?" No wait, why wasn't he freaking out more about the Devil Fruit thing?! Evelyn and Galand really were very alike, and much to her frustration neither seemed to share the blonde's excessive worries about their safety. Even if she was upset though, she wouldn't deny that his words brought her some comfort. If he thought Eve would be safe with Admiral Pesh, then she'd try to put it out of her mind. She knew her daughter was strong, but she couldn't help but fear for her. As he placed his hands on her shoulders, Astraea flinched back for a moment recalling the memory of why she believed him to have betrayed her in the first place. For a moment, she expected him to wrap his hands around her throat again, but he only placed when upon her shoulders. Closing her eyes, Raea drew in a deep breath and let it out slowly, nodding and managing to relax after some time.

Though she could swear it was real, Galand's story meant that her memory of this situation was false. Still, she could remember the feeling of him attempting to strangle her, couldn't she? Just talking with him a few days ago had revealed that her memory was faulty, so was this wrong too? Right now.. Astraea lifted one hand to set it on top of her fiance's, focused on the warmth of his skin and the sensation of his scars against her fingertips. Right now at least this felt real. Opening her eyes, she'd give him a weak smile and nod. Now it wasn't just Evelyn she was concerned about, but herself as well. Was she going insane? "Yeah, you're right. I-" Frowning, the woman shifted her gaze around the room, suddenly uncomfortable. The birds had stopped chirping, the rustling sounds of the small animals she now knew lived her had halted, and everything felt strangely still. Tensing, Astraea shifted her hand to her waist, settling it on her weapon. "Something's wro-" The warning came just a moment too late, the large creature descending upon them.

Raea's balance gave away as Galand pushed her to the side, though she managed to unholster her Climatact before she fell to the floor. And suddenly it was just like old times, though the woman couldn't say that she relished the familiar feeling of her stomach sinking upon seeing Galand in danger. Lifting her arm, a strong burst of wind shot forth to knock the beast ever so slightly off its rampaging course. Instead of colliding completely with her now slightly stunned fiance, it landed slightly behind and right of the man, though Raea was quick to try to change this placement. Springing up to her feet she raced to move so that she was back to back with Galand, holding her weapon horizontally to intercept the creature's massive paws as it attempted to swipe down at them. The heavy weight forced the woman down slightly, her position only really supported because she was pressed against the man behind her. Even knowing this, she didn't want him anywhere near this fight. "What're you doing?! Don't push me out of the way when you're the one who's injured! You're not in any condition to fight, so le-"

The bearlike animal shifted its weight, suddenly swiping left at her. While she was able to block this with her Climatact, she could do nothing about the creature's right claws as they punctured into her arm, rendering it useless for the time being as the beast prepared to sink its teeth into her neck.

North Lotus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:05 pm
User ImageUser Image

[ This was definitely it. He did enjoy the time he was able to spend with Astraea. No matter how short it was, the fact that she’s alive and well means more to him than any of his pain. So, frankly, this isn’t such a bad time to go. In Galand’s head, as the bear descends towards his form, he smirks a bit fully prepared for death. It’d be his repentance to all those lives he claimed in his darkness. Taken down not by the hands of man, but by the cycle of nature. A massive maw of abnormal sizes stretches open, threatening to surround and lop off the entire top half of the man, looms over with terrifying power and spit. Luckily, before the beast’s jaws can clamp shut, it’s struck deeply by a surprise blow from the side, knocking it decisively off course. Galand’s eyes widen from the sound of the creature’s painful wail. His head turns over to see it trying to recover. “You saved my a**, Angelfish.” he remarks, reaching for his katana, only to realize it’s not there.

Astraea must have taken it from him while he was unconscious. And he, in his stress, forgot to bring it with him from the boat. A careless rookie mistake. His fist clenches from aggravation, only to loosen when Astraea’s back presses against his own. “I’ll help to- ?! Guh…!” He once more winces from pain as he grips his abdomen. His partner proceeds to scold him as she clashes with the beast, using him as a crutch to remain standing. “Sorry, I just moved on my own! I’ll help so just give me a second to…” he pauses as he looks over his shoulder, noticing the wound on Astraea’s arm. Once more, he moves from place, spinning to get around Astraea. With one heavy punch, forced through despite the pain, he lunges his fist into the beast’s maw. It snaps down onto the entirety of his arm, and into his torso. “ARGH. You...greedy son of a…!” Blood trinkles from his mouth as he wants to reel back from the sheer shock of the pain. But slowly does he look up, glaring the beast into its eyes with his own. With a crude smirk he sets off a hypocenter within the beast causing its eyes to widen and red liquid to spurt from both its nostrils and maw. In a horrifying cry, it releases its jaw and leans backwards before smacking Galand away into a wall. Ruble covers him with only a leg and arm sticking out. ]

Technique Used
---

a.renee.w

North Lotus
Vice Captain

Versatile Genius

a.renee.w
Crew

Devoted Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:45 pm
User Image

XXX "I don't want your help! Just get out of the way!" Though the words were harsh, they were spoken with Galand's best intentions in mind. The man was already wounded to the point that he seemed like he could barely move, and Astraea knew she wouldn't be able to go on the offensive is she was stuck defending him. Most of the time she was happy to have his help, but he just never seemed to know when to quit! The pain of the creature's claws piercing through her flesh made the woman falter, but a moment before she was to be harmed again Galand spun around in front of her. The woman's eyes widened as she watched the massive jaws of the monster clamp down over her partner's arm, her stomach twisting at the horrifying crunching noise that came a second later. "What're you doing?!" The pain that Raea should have felt in her arm was seemingly numbed for the moment, overshadowed by the adrenaline of battle, and her rising panic over her foolish fiance. Twirling her Climatact between her fingers, a sudden rush of electricity sparked through the weapon just as the pair's opponent sent Galand flying. "Galand!"

Though she wished to rush to his side to check on him, Astraea was well aware that this wasn't her opportunity to do so. Arching her weapon back, the woman swung with all her might, colliding with the side of the beast's head. It's massive body twitched, roaring out in the same deafening wail as the shock ran through its body. Even still it did not fall. Rushing forward, Astraea gripped its fur, pulling hard to fling herself up and over to land on its back. She did her best to wrap her arms around its throat, grunting as she tightened her hold to try to strangle it with her Climatact. Infuriated, the monster did its best to shake her off, bucking wildly, attempting to swipe at her. Finally it backed up into one of the walls, repeatedly smashing the woman against the surface and flinging her off across the room. "Ugh!" By the time she managed to get back onto her feet, the bear was charging again this time with its head down, antlers angled to impale her. Even with her weapon angled to defend her, the sharp horns still pierced through her flesh sending a fresh, sharp wave of pain through her. "AGH!" The world spun as she was slammed into the wall again, the action forcing the antlers deeper through her, forcing a blood filled cough from the woman.

Gritting her teeth, Astraea managed a kick to the creature's throat, reaching her arm forward to grasp at the other antler as her opponent thrashed in reaction. Strained grunts turned to a yell as she managed to snap off the other horn, her scream echoing through the otherwise quiet halls as she drove the antler through the creature's skull. "DIE!" As the beast fell beneath her, twitching and gurgling as its life faded, Raea pulled the antler from her body with one hard motion, spattering her blood across the floor. "Geh!" It had been a while since she'd been in this much pain and for a moment she simply laid on her side, dazed by the overwhelming sensation as the crimson liquid began to pool around her. Though her body desperately wished for her to close her eyes and sleep, there was still a part of her that knew this could not be. Not yet. Forcing herself to sit up, she weakly grabbed her Climatact, watching it wearily as the tip of it began to glow red with heat. She'd always hated this, but she was no doctor and had little desire to bleed out. Besides, she still had to check on Galand. Bringing the smoldering steel to her flesh, Astraea drew in a deep breath, unsuccessfully trying not to cry out as she burned her wounds shut.

After her vision was no longer white from the blinding pain, she turned her attention to her fallen partner, standing and attempting to make her way over to him. She got no further than two steps before careening heavily to her right, crashing to the floor as a wave of dizziness overtook her. "..gh.. dammit.." Shifting her weight, she managed to prop herself back up on her hands and knees, crawling over to Galand's side instead, brushing rubble away from his body before giving him a hard shake. "Hey.. Hey!" Seeing the blood seeping from his wounds, Astraea removed her jacket, ripping through the material so that she could do her best to wrap up his injuries and stop the bleeding. For a moment after she sat still, holding her breath as she watched him and only relaxing with a shuddering sigh as she saw his chest rise and fall. "You.. idiot!" The woman's lip trembled slightly and her voice broke upon speaking the insult, tears pooling in her eyes. "Why are you always so reckless with yourself?! Why do you always have to get hurt?! Don't try to fight if you're already injured so much you can barely move!" Leaning down, she suddenly wrapped her arms around him, pressing her face against his neck, wetting his skin with her tears. "I just.. I just got you back, so don't leave me again!"

North Lotus

Tʜᴇ Oᴄᴇᴀɴ

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces