Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Continue? [Unova Badge Run] (Ter) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:20 pm
Now that I had a fully-evolved team to compete with, I was satisfied that I could handle the Unova Gym Challenge. But, given how much they'd bugged me to 'get on with it already', I figured I should let my parents know that I'm starting up again. So, I had Rala teleport me to the Castelia City Pokemon Center and made my way up to my parents' condo from there. Mind you, I wasn't expecting my father to be home, busy as he was with his work in Silph Co.(when my fellow Snagems weren't trashing the place). But I knew that Mom still lived there, though it was just as possible she was at work, now. I'd stop by the restaurant she was working at if that was the case.

I didn't get far from the Pokemon Center, though, before I felt someone teleporting behind me. I couldn't help but smile when I saw who it was, though. "Couldn't resist, huh?" I asked a bit foolishly, showing her my goofy grin.

"I told you I wanted to be there when you took the Gyms on again," Keiko repied with a similar grin, though hers was more loving than goofy. "Though why are you here? The next badge you need is in Nacrene, right?"

"As much as Mom's been bugging me about starting up again, I figured I'd let her know beforehand," i explained. "Besides, there's a couple other things she should know by now, and I'm kind of glad you'll be there when I explain them."

"Thinking about that makes me a bit nervous, I'll admit," Keiko responded, though the flush in her cheeks was difficult to see through her fur. "Though it'll be easier in the long run if we get it over with."

Smiling, I took her hand, and we held hands until the condo building's elevator took us to her floor. Thankfully, Mom was there to greet us when the elevator's doors opened.

"Welcome home," Mom said calmly, despite being clearly surprised that I was back. I responded by walking up to her and hugging her, for which I got a hug back. "Who's your friend?" she asked almost immediately. "I imagined that you'd end up with Keiko with everything that's happened."

I sighed, motioning over to Keiko. 'This is Keiko," I said flatly, knowing that the explanation to follow wouldn't be an easy one to hear... for either of them.

Keiko gave a weak "Hi," and a wave, and Keiko's voice alone was thankfully enough for Mom to recognize her. "Oh, my. Wh... what happened?"

"Somebody kidnapped her a month or two ago and thought they'd use her to raise an army by turning her into a Lopunny hybrid, and... I'm sure I don't have to explain the rest. I was able to save her before THAT started, but I wasn't fast enough to prevent the... transformation." I explained, still angry at myself over it.

Mother walked up to Keiko and gave her a consoling hug while muttering "You poor dear..." over and over. Keiko allowed this to happen for a bit before she started reassuring Mom that she was okay. Not.. fine, per say, but... okay. Keiko went on to explain that she spent some time alone after that to get the drugs and hormones out of her system (thankfully leaving out her parting words to me at the time) while she got used to her new body. She then said that, while she hadn't fully adjusted to her new body yet, she was used to it enough to function.

"You imagined right, by the way," I said, figuring it'd be best to rip the bandaid right off instead of beating around the bush about it.

"Well, given that you ran off the second you saw your father's remarks about her birth certificate shortly after coming out of a coma was evidence enough of that," Mom retorted with a smile.

"I... remembered the mercenaries that knocked me out, and.. thought she might have been in danger," I told her, which elicited looks of pity from both of them, though Keiko's had a bit of shame as well.

"I... ran... when they knocked you out," she confessed. "I didn't want to, but... I thought if they were willing to do that to you, they could do far worse to me. I wasn't proud of myself, but..."

"I don't blame you," I sighed, which put her heart at ease.

"When I thought they were gone, I came back to get you and brought you here... meeting your dad in the process. I stayed here for a while after that, but when your dad came back with his 'test results' ... I didn't take it well. I wound up going back to work for my... adopted parents until we met in Goldenrod City."

And the rest was history, I wanted to say, but something was bothering me. "Did you ever tell your parents you were leaving again?"

Keiko covered her mouth, which told me everything. "We'll have to visit them at some point, then," I said with a smile, which set her heart at ease for the moment.

"So, what's the plan?" Mom asked, which brought me to why I came. I then proceeded to let my team out: Rala, Sauron, Angeal, Haku, Samurai, and Kefka. Or, in Mom's eyes, Gardevoir, Veunsaur, Blaziken, Komm-o, Dewott, and Klefki. I left Sparrow (Talonflame) out because I didn't need two Fire-types on my team "Oh, my. You've been collecting them from all over, huh?" she asked in surprise. Though the second she saw Samurai, she became very surprised. "Is the the Pokemon Professor Jupiter and I gave you?" she asked, recognizing Samurai even though Samurai was an Oshawott last time she saw him.

Samurai stood proudly, patting his fist to his chest. "Yeah, that's Samurai. Found him around this region, actually."

Saying that would prove to be a mistake. "Not west from here, hopefully. I heard that Kalos was invading around there," she said.

I sighed, worried that she knew about that, as well. "I heard they're only using Pokemon for that, and I've got a pretty strong team, myself," I lied. I didn't want to say that I wasn't there flat-out, because as bad as I was at hiding my emotions, Mom was very, very skilled at catching my lies. I couldn't tell her the truth, though, nor could I tell her why I was going out there. I didn't want to think about her telling Father that I was a vigilante. He'd never look at me the same again.

"Just be careful," Mom replied, seeming to drop the subject. If she saw through me, she didn't admit to it, at least not yet. "You've got a girlfriend to worry about, now," she added, point to Keiko with her thumb.

"I will," I said with a smile and a nod. "Anyway, the reason I'm showing you my team is so you know that I'm taking on the gyms again. I still have my Trio Badge, so my next target is the Nacrene Gym."

"Finally! Aaron can stop yelling at me to 'set you straight'!" she shouted jokingly, though it was clear that they talked about me fairly often. "Still, it's a shame you have this strong of a team, already."

I raised an eyebrow at her. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"The whole point of the Gym Challenge is to grow with your Pokemon. That's why people who start the circuit usually do so with their starters and a few new captures. I know you want diversity so you can handle whatever you come across, but isn't this a bit much?" she asked, motioning to my team.

This only got them to smirk confidently, except for Rala who only smiled calmly. "When I won my Trio Badge, it was with Samurai, Sunny, and Simon. Sunny was fully evolved, but Simon was still a Drillbur and Samurai was an Oshawott at the time, and we only barely won. If Samurai didn't evolve into his current form in the middle of the match, we would have lost. And even with a team like that, and more to come, I still lost everything to those mercenaries," I explained, going off-topic a bit.

I shook my head at myself and continued. "I know I'm pretty much just using that last bit as an excuse at this point, so just ignore it. But still, Gym Leaders' Pokemon are no joke. I wanted to make sure I could give everything I have, everything my Pokemon have, before I started taking this seriously again."

Mom smiled at that, which left me a bit more at ease. Then she turned to Samurai and said "Well, this one can still evolve, at least,"

Samurai didn't take this very well and held up the Everstone he was holding. "There's a female Dewott he likes that doesn't want to evolve," I explained. "Belongs to a friend of mine. That's why he's holding on to that."

Mom responded with a pat on Samurai's head, which made him feel better. We said our goodbyes and left, deciding to take a stroll in the busy city afterward. "When do you want to go visit your parents?" I asked, remembering that Keiko hadn't talked to hers since before we got together.

Keiko thought about it a bit before smiling. "Let's get you a badge or two so your parents know you're serious," she offered, eliciting a smile from me, as well.

One hassle from GRAY and one Claydolport later, we headed from Nacrene's Pokemon Center to the gym and knocked on the door.

SubonicXP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:48 am
The door would open up and the pair would be greeted by a middle aged slender man with glasses. After adjusting his suit jacket he would step to the side and gesture for the visitors to enter. "Hello, welcome to Nacrene City Museum, Library and Gym. Are you here for a museum tour? Maybe to peruse the gym's library? Or are you here to challenge the gym leader?" He asked with a smile as he stood up straight and formal. "Oh where are my manners? My name is Hawes, assistant director of Nacrene City Museum." He blurted out suddenly, flushing slightly as if ashamed for forgetting to present himself properly.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:51 am
"Pleasure to meet you," I said curtly, shaking the man's hand while using my free hand to flip my tie over so he could see the Trio Badge fastened to the back of it. "And yes, I'm here to challenge the Gym Leader."

"Hi!" Keiko offered with a cute wave. While she was willing to shake Hawes's hand, she didn't want to intrude.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:03 am
"Ah, a challenger." Hawes said with a smile as he noticed the Trio Badge, though before doing anything else took a brief moment to greet Keiko directly and shake her hand. "Well then, allow me to show you to the gym its self. Right this way, if you please." The assistant director said as he walked off, expecting the pair to follow.

They would have to pass through the museum first, walking by various bones, fossils, and even a meteorite. The centerpiece of the museum was the skeleton of what appeared to have once been an incredibly large Dragonite, the reconstructed skeleton towering over the room. Hawes would guide them past all this and lead them up a staircase, stopping at a large wooden set of doors.

"Right in here you will find Nacrene Gym and library. I wish you like on your challenge." He smiled before pulling open one of the doors, the door swinging open relatively easy despite its size and the man's relative lack of muscle tone.

Inside they would find only half of what was promised, a massive library filled with books as far as the eye can see and yet no battlefield in sight. As soon as they entered the usual gym guide would pounce and greet them. "Looking for the gym leader, huh? Don't worry, you're in the right place. The gym leader awaits trainers in the back of the museum, but first we'll test your Pokemon knowledge! Find the book that holds the answer to the following question in order to get access to the gym leader. Ready? Listen closely; I am one of mankind's first friends, and yet the bane of Mareep. What am I? Now go find a book that might reference the answer to that question! Oh and the gym leader uses Normal types."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:09 am
Keiko would happily shake Hawes hand before they were off, walking past the museum and all of its exhibits. Both Keiko and I would look around as we were headed to the gym, both a bit awed by what we saw. But business before pleasure, and before we knew it, we were in what constituted as the Nacrene City Gym.

"Hmm... there are a few potential answers to that question," I muttered to myself once I heard the question offered. "Though I should probably take the region and the Gym's typing into account. Hm..."

After a bit more thought, I began looking through the library for a book on either Lillipup, Herdier, or Stoutland. Herdier seemed like it would be the best bet, but who knew what books the gym had.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:15 am
Eventually Terashi would stumble upon a book titled, 'The Shepherd's Herdier'. It was apparently a story concerning a particular Herdier that grew very close to a cold and distant shepherd, who eventually started to warm up to said Herdier but not before- aw, looks like the last few pages were ripped out replaced with...a button? Might as well press it.

Upon pressing the button Terashi would head a clicking sound from the far back of the gym, a young girl complaining as an entire bookcase began to move, apparently she was trying to sort the books and was now mumbling about annoying trainers. Once the bookcase stopped moving a staircase would be revealed leading down.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:20 am
Once I saw the staircase, I put 'The Shepherd's Herdier' away where I found it and headed down, offering a wave and a "Sorry about that," to the young librarian struggling to do her job.

I started mentally preparing for the battle ahead as I reached the bottom of the staircase, thinking about which Pokemon I should use for the battle ahead. I made sure to refrain from using my channeling ability to sense the energy of Lenora's Pokemon as that would be cheating.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:30 am
In the basement of the library Terashi would finally find what he was looking for; the battlefield. Waiting on the either side of the finely crafted hardwood field was the gym's leader; Lenora. The gym leader seemed to be expecting him already, her Herdier standing ready on the field anticipating a battle.

"Welcome! The director of the Nacrene Museum and the Nacrene Gym's Leader is me! Lenora! Like the place? I have worked hard to collect numerous precious archelogical samples for the museum and the books in the library are some of my favorites! Want to know the ending to The Shepherd's Herdier? Long story short it's similar to what's going to happen at the end of this battle; you walking away in defeat!" She said with a laugh.

"Well then, challenger, I'm going to research how you battle with the Pokémon you've so lovingly raised!" The gym leader declared, her Herdier giving off an 'arf' in agreement as it hunched over and prepared for battle.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:40 am
"She's pretty intense, huh?" Keiko asked, a little impressed with Lenora.

"That's about on-par from what one should expect form a Gym Leader," I replied calmly, letting - of course - Angeal out of his ball.

"Normal-types, huh? Pfft. Easy work." Angeal jeered, flexing his fully-evolved muscles

'You have the type advantage, but they're still the Pokemon of a Gym Leader, so don't underestimate them," I warned. "Open up with a Focus Energy," I told him. Angeal nodded confidently and focused his mind with Normal-type energy. I wanted him prepared for this fight, but had no intention of battling defensively.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:57 am
While Angeal stood strong and began to focus his energy the Herdier would stare down the Blaziken, snarling and growling, giving off a threatening and intimidating aura as its Intimidate ability kicked in, Angeal feeling a bit of his strength and cockiness draining away from him as he realized this dog meant business. Sometimes looks could be deceiving after all.

"It would be wise not to underestimate the power of Normal types. Sometimes specializing in nothing can make you more deadly than others by sheer unpredictability. Allow me to give you an example; Herdier use Psychic Fangs!" Lenora ordered.

With a fierce bark the Loyal Dog Pokemon would quickly rush Angeal, pouncing on the Blaziken and sinking into its arm fangs made from Psychic energy, extending out from its own teeth. Terashi might notice that this particular Herdier was sporting a Muscle Band as a collar, giving its physical attacks a little extra oomph. No wonder Lenora's Herdier was renowned among relatively novice trainers for being deadly.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:06 am
Angeal shrieked in pain when Herdier bit into his leg with Psychic Fangs, his cry almost sounding like a bird's squawking, which made some sense considering what he was.

"Use Brick Break to push him off of you," I ordered. I did indeed notice the Muscle Band, and thought it would make for a good item for Angeal, though that would have to wait for after I got back to HQ.

'Gah.. you little turd... take THIS!" he yelled, swiping down at Herdier in karate chop form, his fore-talons radiating Fighting-type energy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:42 am
The Brick Break would hit true and hard, sending the Herdier flying across the room. If not for its earlier Intimidate that probably would have knocked it out straight away but alas the canine survived and after stumbling a bit got back up onto its feet.

"That was pretty good, but now it's time for us to pay it back in kind! Reversal!" Lenora ordered.

With a howl the dog would rush towards Angeal, picking up speed and power as an aura of brown energy surrounded it, the Herdier drawing strength from the pain it had suffered, which was a great deal after that Brick Break. The hound would aim to ram its full body into the Blaziken's chest with all its might, if it was going to go down it was going to go down fighting.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:56 am
I scoffed at Lenora's tactic. With speed like that, I didn't want to risk Angeal failing to dodge it. But fighting defensively would only back me up against a wall, so I didn't want to default to that. A flash of inspiration hit me when I remembered that Herdier doesn't know Earthquake. "Angeal, use Dig."

Angeal leaped into the gym floor, using his Ground-type-infused foretalons to push the ground away, forming a hole that he could slip through before Herdier landed the hit.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:00 am
"Think you're clever, huh?" Lenora asked with a smile as her Herdier missed its marked, barely stopping in time before it slammed into a wall. "You might be but we're more clever! Flush it out, Herdier, use Surf!" Lenora ordered the surprising move.

Without another sound the Herdier would keep its maw shut, its gut and 'cheeks' swelling up as it conjured up and gathered water inside. Once built up to an efficient level the Herdier would unleash a surprising deluge of water from its mouth, aiming directly at the hole Angeal disappeared into, intending to drown out the Blaziken.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:12 am
Angeal could feel the water chasing him underground, and tried avoiding it, but it went wherever he went. He leaped up out of the ground to get away from the water, but couldn't land safely without getting wet, as the water followed him upward.

Angeal fell on his back, and pushed himself up, water dripping from his feathers. "You little turd," Angeal growled, using Bulk up to restore his physical strength and improve his physical defense.

I facepalmed, being more mad at myself for not remembering that Herdier knew Surf than at Angeal for using a move without me telling him to. I was planning on him using Bulk Up soon, anyway, but the situation could be much better than it was.  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff