Welcome to Gaia! ::

Black Rose Tales

Back to Guilds

Every phenomenal story has a beginning...every rose a thorn. 

Tags: Black, Rose, Tales, Roleplaying, Story 

Reply Planet Alteria - Terraformed
~~◇Port of Nocturnal◇~~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neko_Shinobi
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:06 pm
The Port of Nocturnal is a city mostly built in and around a monstrous cavern, a great scar that opened after a massive earthquake that shifted the plate up an over the one below it. The lower half of the city is set deep at the base of the cavern, a rich mining community that thrives on the heavy mineral deposits in the earth, and drawing energy from the thermal ducts that heat the mineral water in the cavern. The environment is humid from this, and low light moss grows and hangs in pale white clumps from craggy rocks and the cieling. Light down here comes from either old gas lanterns or the bioluminescent glow bugs that live in the cave, covering the the high pitch black cieling like stars in the night sky.

Housing is built both onto of and into the rock walls of the cave. The buildings closed to the surface are industrial gothic style, built from the black metal and stone mined from the cavern. A large space shuttle port stretches out of a cliffside on the outskirts of the city. Many seek out the city as a medical spa. The thermal mineral water is promoted as having health benefits, so hot springs are common, and the minerals mined are sold as supplements or turned into tonics and medicine. That all being said, there is only one hospital here. They service the residence of the cavern, but specialize in long term treatment of the chronically ill.

Grace of Nocturnal hospital is the tallest building in the city. A glistening black spire with four smaller buildings around it, connected by walkways in various intervals. The center spire was comprised of apartments for the chronically I'll. It is in one of these apartments that we find a young frail looking girl. Long, recently dyed hair fell loose down her back in a seagreen sheet to her knees. She stood at the full floor to cieling window of her hospital room, wearing gray leggings and an off the shoulder cream blouse with open sleeves that came to her elbows, and black ballet flats. She was thin, having very little of any muscle tone to her, and it caused her features to seem othereordly and long. She looked very much like like something out of fantasy novel with her pale skin. She wore a medical mask over her nose and mouth, while behind her, a doctor walked in with contact precaution gear. "Good afternoon Dr. Lafleur" she girl greeted, turning red eyes on the woman. A side effect of her sickness.

The Doctor was tall and blonde, hair pulled back in a tight professional bun and green eyes cool and calculating. "You should be in bed, Ms. Rozenthall. Your last incident was less then 48 hours ago." She wore a full contact suit, and gloves. Shoes covered in medical booties, and a mask to cover the bottom half of her face much like the girl. "Nimm...please, get back in bed and rest." She asked, her accent making her sound harsh. Annette was the lead researcher and doctor on the girls case. She was studying the disease in the girl. Aside from being highly contagious, she was also dying from it slowly. Something about her blood was strange. Her lungs had a tendency to fill with with it randomly. Those infected by her though generally didnt last more than a few days, bleeding out and their internal workings shutting down. It was for these reasons that Nimm was not only a permanent t resident, but a quarantined patient as well. The entry way of her "apartment" was a decontamination room. And anyone that came in had to be in a contact suit with a respirator.

Nimm sighed in frustration walking over and climbing back into her bed, sitting on top of the blankets. "I swear I feel fine, I'm breathing much better today. I even did my morning stretches and only got a little winded." She smiled.

Annette noddes, staring down a the holographic image of the girls chart. "That is progress, but it doesnt mean you shouldn't rest." She pointed out, making notes in the chart.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:57 am
His eyes grew wide as they entered the tunnel, his irises giving off a luminescent glow in the midst of the dark. His attention was on the strange little creatures that illuminated the tunnels, certainly something he'd never been privy to before. He desperately wanted one! When she asked who it was that had given him his moniker, Migoto shifted his eyes to her. His brows arched a bit as he noted the shift in her features for what seemed like only a moment, calling in to question if his eyes were playing tricks on him. He decided to ignore it for now, but not forget that he'd experienced it.

"His name is Singe, better known by his peers as the Scarlet Alchemist. He toils in blood magic and the occult alongside science, leading to some of the galaxy's most astonishing breakthroughs; it was he that wrote the thesis on the Absolute Terror Fields and their effects on various types of humanoids versus other species, as well as created the Personal Accelerated Particle Field used on ships. But..." There was suddenly a hint of sorrow in his crimson eyes.

"Science requires hypothesis...hypothesis require experiments...and experiments require subjects. To someone like the Scarlet Alchemist, living things are just a means to an end...especially people. How odd...it's unlike me to get emotional, and yet, this content always brings about a certain modicum of pain." He sighed, and looked to the source of the voice that called out upon reaching their destination. "I'll follow your lead."

Meanwhile, in one of the ports of the city, a jet black ship would come breezing through the air. The ship itself would resemble something a familiar X-shaped ship in conjunction with it's Tie-shaped counterpart. It wasn't too terribly large for a spaceship, large enough to seat a few people perhaps. It made very little noise, sporting some of the latest noise-cancelling equipment, along with state-of-the-art jammers and weaponry. The ship would glide on to the water's surface, skimming along the surface to the dock and ceasing movement all at once.

A man would begin inspecting the ship having discovered that it was completely unregistered. Something about it seemed off, and thus the man made his way to the cockpit. The shell was completely blacked out, transparent only from inside the ship. No one exited the ship from the cockpit however...it simply sat and alerted the customs agent.  

Kain M ShZual
Captain

Neko_Shinobi
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:37 am
The Scarlet Alchemist...She hadn't heard this name before, but it felt like some sort of real life boogeyman type the way that Migoto spoke of him. She glanced at overhead speaker and nodded as the train began to pull into the station. She reached out a hand, gently squeezing his shoulder and smiled warmly, much like when they first met a few hours ago. "I'm sorry for bringing up painful memories, but I appreciate your sharing them with me." She retracted her hand and grabbed her bag before moving toward the exit, pausing to wait for him as the train slid to an easy stop and the doors opened to let passengers off.

She stepped out on the stone walkway, her white dress aglow in the thin fog and dim lighting. A stark contrast to the dark of the city. She didnt seem to notice or care the attention it drew from the others on the platform. She smiled all the same, staring at the city and it's dark beauty. She turned to face Migoto, her dress spinning with the motion. She held her hand out to him so they could walk, excitement plain to see in her expression. "Let's go."

Shed lead them off the platform and down a short set of stairs to the city's main street. The road was mostly foot traffic. A old mining cart rail ran down the middle of the street, and a cable above it suggested it was still in use by another form of transportation modified to fit the track. No motor vehicles though seemed present. "Migoto, did you by chance bring anything with you when you came here? Do you need any sort of essentials?" Risa asked, she'd let his hand go once they were out of the crowd from the train station, and now walked casually beside him on the walkway. Shops lined most of the street, the occasional apartment, an herbal clinic or hot spring dotted the way aswell, all offering the same thing, at various prices. "Theres a place a bit further up we'll be staying at. They offer their own private hotsprings but they're set up like an old fashioned tea house. I think you'll like it." She explained. "If you need anything best we get it on the way though."

Annette clicked a few buttons, typing into the chart as she glanced up at the monitor Nimm was hooked up to by a few sensors that monitored her heart and oxygen levels. "It looks as if the last treatment cleared the last of it out. How does your chest feel? Any shortness of breath, wheezing or soreness?" She asked, gently pressing on the girls chest to check for tenderness.

Nimm winced slightly but shook her head. "No worse or better then usual. How goes the research?" She asked, smiling a little. She didn't enjoy the examinations, but she did enjoy having someone physically in the room with her for a change. Even if she wasn't allowed physical contact. She'd been here since she was five. When both her parents had suddenly fallen seriously I'll after she herself had had her first incident. She had been in a completely different city entirely. A small city luckily, as it hadn't taken long for her disease to spread. It would later hit news that a deadly, although contained, plague had been unintentionally introduced into the city. Grace of Nocturnal had been called in desperation by the panicked hospital to please come and collect the patient zero. GoN did exactly that, and even offered to take her on charity, given her condition and recent loss of family. And so Nimm was put into a quarantine state and moved to her new home. She was in her twenties now. A miracle in itself according to the staff. Whether or not she make it to her thirties was still up for debate though. She sometimes wondered if the nurses that came by to check on her or disinfect the room twice weekly took bets on when she'd kick the bucket.

Annette finished up her report, undoing the leads and cleaning up the equipment. "I'll need a blood sample before I go, is there anything else I need to know about before I send my report?" She asked, tone professional as always. She had been made the lead researcher on Nimms case roughly six years ago, when she was successful in identifying a certain viral strain in the girls blood after she had had an episode. It was a breakthrough, and a grand amount of research had been done since then, but still no cure or vaccine had been made.

Nimm shook her head again, frowning at not getting an answer before holding her arm out, old bruises healing from past draws. "Not unless you'd like to discuss the possibility of my going outside finally. If I wear the containment suits like you do to come in here, I don't see what the big deal is." She complained.

Annette sighed, setting up her draw and cleaning the arm. "We have spoken about this before. Any number of things could go wrong. I'm sorry Nimm, but until a vaccine can be made, we can not allow you outside." She explained, and not for the last time she suspected.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:55 pm
When her hand touched his shoulder, she might note that she'd feel flesh rather than fabric. He lifted his head to look up at her smile, bringing one to life upon his own lips. "Entropy will always triumph." He'd speak in a low tone before rising to his feet, following close behind Risa. Once they were off the train he'd take note her fluttering dress, a careless beauty he wasn't used to seeing. It made him smile all the more as he stretched, his eyes darting all around the cave causing him to spin in circles.

"This is a geological structure unlike any other; this is amazing! The idea of housing beings in rock is not beyond me, and yet this all exists beyond my comprehension! Incredible!" He'd chuckle and then blink a few times upon being questioned about his belongings. "'I'm afraid I've never owned anything before...even the clothes you see are merely a psychic projection. I suppose it would be nice to have something warm, but alas, I have no funds to my name and I am not about to ask you to spend money on me."  

Kain M ShZual
Captain

Neko_Shinobi
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:26 pm
"Well, you didn't ask, I'm offering. Hows that?" She pointed out, not really asking so much as informing him. "Let's at least get you something warm to wear. Its warm down hear with the vents, but topside gets chilly at night." She explained. Then paused to look him over once more realizing the entirety of his outfit probably was a projection. Shoes, shirt, trousers, all of it. "On second thought. We'll get you a couple sets of real clothes. Psychic projections are nice for appearances, but they don't protect you from much I'm assuming. If I'd known you were basically barefoot I'd of insisted sooner." She looked around at the shops before spotting one across the street that dealt in mens clothing. She crossed over to it with him, ushering him in through the open door and following. She opened her bag and pulled a pocket book out before closing the bag again quickly. Removing a generous sum from the wallet she handed it to Migoto. "Consider it an advance on payment for helping me if you really need a reason to accept it." She offered, smiling a bit. "I recommend a sturdy pair of shoes, socks, and something comfortable and easy to move in. Your second outfit is completely up to you." She suggested.

Nimm rubbed at her arm once the draw was complete, sliding from her bed once more and going to look out the window again. Her window had a view of the docks, being set up above the crack in the earth. She blinked, seeing the new ship docked. A black anomaly in the landscape.

Annette walked over to a tube system in the wall and put her samples in it to send off to the research lab. "Do try and rest today. Ms.Rozenthall. I will see you at your next check up." She watched the girl a moment, not getting a response from Nimm and shaking her head as she walked to the entrance, stepping into the decontamination room and stripping the contact suit off and being sprayed down with a fine mist of sterilizing substance. She waited as a scanning system cleared her of any sort of contamination a d the exit unlocked to let her into the hall. She retrieved her long white lab coat from a nearby hook and pulled it on over her navy button up blouse and gray slacks. She slipped her heels back on over her stocking feet and fixed her still tight bun before walking back to the lab, heels clicking on the tile floor.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:14 pm
Migoto's first impression of the store was that it smelled rather pleasant! A smell he had not experienced, one that made him sneeze at first. Once she handed him the generous sum of money, he'd look to her puzzled for a moment, then look back to the money. "So this is money...I don't understand how paper could have so much value!" He looked back to Risa with a grin and bowed his head. "As of now, I am in your debt. You've my word that I will ensure my services to be no less worthy than the value of this paper!" It sounded better in his head.

He began to look around at the clothing, insisting on touching everything at first, feeling the fabric and...sniffing the shoes. To his surprise, they smelled nothing like feet, but instead so very much like the scent in the air! He grabbed a few items at first, then several, then dropped them all and rushed into the dressed room to try on a few specific pieces. He'd come out dressed in a red polo shirt and stonewashed jeans, black socks and a pair of black loafers...to boot, his hair was now much longer, tied in a ponytail via a white ribbon, and blonde to boot! The ponytail fell forward over his shoulder long enough to reach his belt.

He'd look himself over in the mirror and nod to himself in approval. He'd then nervously glance over to Risa. "Do you approve? I was told to disguise my face upon coming here, but I honestly don't see the point..." e shrugged and turned back to the mirror, then brushed his hand over his face, revealing a mole on his cheek. "I pride myself in my beauty...Singe insisted it would be too distracting..." It was true that his skin was virtually flawless, a perfect blend of peach and ivory, void of hair whatsoever other than what cascaded down.

Once Annette exited the room, she'd find quite the sight in that of one of the other patients plastered to the wall, held in place by various blades ranging from knives to swords. There was another body lying limp and lifeless at the foot of the patient covered by a bloody sheet, only the outline visible.  

Kain M ShZual
Captain

Neko_Shinobi
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:48 pm
Risa waited patiently, bag held behind her back with both hands as she rocked on her heels, looking around and perusing the accessories. She blinked at a set of cufflinks before looking up at the person that was but wasn't Migoto as he asked what she thought. If he hadn't spoke she wouldn't of known it was him. A bubble of laughter escaped her, and she quickly covered her mouth. "Sorry. I'm laughing at irony, not at you. I promise. You look very dashing. The blonde is a change I wasn't expecting." She pointed out.

She walked over to him, and tilted her head a bit as she looked his outfit over. "I think that outfit will work nicely. And while disguising your face may not seem important now, it may be later, so I'm glad you have an easy time with it." She explained. She looked up, checking the security system of the store and where the attendants were standing. "I will show you my trick for blending in once we are at the tea house. For now though, go ahead and pick out what you like and we'll check out."

"By the stars..." Annette froze in her tracks, staring at the sight. She looked around at the cameras but assumed they'd been disabled since no alarms were going off. She eyed the bloody sheet and approached it slowly, pulling a pair of gloves on from her pocket before crouching and reaching to pull the sheet back.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:28 am
He blinked a couple of times as she laughed, nervously rubbing the back of his neck and smiling once she explained. When she began looking about the room to the attendants and the cameras, his eyes would dart as well. "Oh my, it would appear I've been careless...how unfortunate." He'd close his eyes for a moment, only to have them burst open revealing an even more incredible shimmer. Risa might feel as though something were pushing on her skull, a discomfort more than a pain and a very minor discomfort at that, though unlike everyone else, that is all she would feel. "You never saw us. Furthermore, you're going to erase that footage...after all, we were never here." The occupants of the store would go limp on their feet for a moment, the store clerk nodding slowly and exiting to go deal with the tape. Migoto looked to Risa with an innocent smile.

Once all was said and done, the store would return to normal, though some people would either rub at their heads or complain of a small headache...this would occur in a vast radius, unseen by the duo. Migoto closed his eyes again, his shimmering hues returning to normal upon opening again. Now outside the shop and with bags in hand, Migoto began to look around. "Does this task of yours have a time limit we must abide by? I ask do to the time I've already robbed us of, as well as the fact that, well..." He then placed his hand on his stomach as it growled loudly. "I think some food would do me good."

As she lifted the sheet, Annette would soon find the blade of a small sword pointed at her. It would remain still as a statue for a moment, though soon the hand of the figure cloaked entirely in black would shift, aiming the sword to point at the corpse next to it. "It didn't suffer. I showed it mercy as a show of good faith. If you do not heed my words..." The head of the figure would shift, the metallic skull mask of the assailant now perfectly visible, as would be the bright crimson lights in its orbital sockets. "Then the rest...will...suffer." He'd then plunge the blade into the corpse and let that arm rest carelessly on his bent knee. "Sit, doctor. You're making me nervous."  

Kain M ShZual
Captain

Neko_Shinobi
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:01 am
Risa blinked, brows knitting as she felt the pressure on her skull. She watched Migoto as he spoke and his eye shimmered with the show of power. It wouldnt take very long before she'd seen to adjust to the feeling and another few moments before it was done all together. "That's a convenient trick." She noted, looking to make sure he was alright after such a stunt. She purchased a n easy to carry travel bag for him for his clothes and stepped out on the street with him.

"Do you not have any sort of ramification from using that sort of ability?" She asked, walking with him toward their destination. "Ah, not exactly a timeline. It's a matter of making sure the time is right. So no rush." She explained. Hearing his stomach growl she smiled. "Sorry, I hadnt realized we skipped a meal. I'll order room service one we get to the tea house." She explained. She led the way up the walk, turning a street or two, and headed in the direction of the hospital. She'd stop as they approached a large old fashioned eastern style building. A stone wall surrounding it. Pushing the gate open, Risa walked in with migoto, a sand garden had been set up on either side of the path that led up to the front office. Risa approached the counter, spoke to the attendant. The attendant handed Risa two keys and motioned for the duo to follow her down a hall to a spacious room with red mat flooring and a low table to kneel at and such. "We'll need an extra futon please, and if at all possible a menu."

The attendant knodded. "Of course ma'am, please enjoy your stay. The open air baths are open all night as well so do take advantage of them and the healing waters of our generous city." She bowed, and left to make the arrangments.

Risa removed her boots and walked in the room and set her bag down by the table, taking a seat herself and looking around at the traditional paintings and decor of the room. "I hope you dont mind sharing a room. The rest of the place is booked." She explained.

Annette dropped the sheet. Staring at the point of the blade, her eyes traveled along the length of it to the owners hard to forget mask and eyes. She frowned slightly. "To display such violence against the sick and infirm, mercy is an interesting choice of words." She pointed out. She shifted and sat on her knees, watching him carefully and finding funny how he was the nervous one in this situation. "What interest does Dethblade have in our hospital, I wonder. You do not seem ill or injured." She noted, eyes narrowed a bit at him.

Nimm had stared out at the new ship for awhile before finally turning to go sit on a soft couch, several stacks of books near it, in various heights. She got to read a lot, given her free time. She chose a book and got comfortable, completely unaware of what was going on outside her room.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:03 pm
"All actions have consequences." Was his response to the inquiry into the affects his powers had on him. He'd offer a kind smile to her first, then face towards the hospital. For a moment his eyes would narrow, but he'd soon regain his calm demeanor and continue forward while taking in the view, obviously somewhat astonished by what he was seeing.

Once they were at the establishment, he'd stare awkwardly at the attendant for a moment. Well, the attendant might see it as awkward, but Migoto had a very bad happy of invading private territory and routing around where he wasn't wanted. This case was no different. The only one sparred from these intrusions was Risa, as he refused to ever go back on a promise. Once Risa was done and began moving, Migoto would smile and follow, issuing a polite wave to the attendant.

He'd watch Risa remove her shoes and blink, looking down to his own and slowly untying them before removing them - a custom he was not used to. He'd stand in front of one of the paintings, carefully examining it. "I don't mind sharing a room in the least; my abilities don't work while I'm asleep and I...hm." He'd close his eyes and sigh. "New world...same old mankind. We're not a very trustworthy bunch, humans. I'm sure I sound cynical, but when you can read minds I suppose it comes with the territory...that's part of why I like you, Risa. I have absolutely no idea what's on that mind of yours. Only when I make a promise as I did to you can I resist the urge, the little voice that exists in my own head that reminds me of why -" He'd cut himself off and shake his head. "Forgive me, I prattle on, don't I?"

"Of course it is mercy. Death is mercy, my blade the instrument of peace. The only cruelty I have ever forced upon another is my denial." Dethblade spoke, not one particle on his form ever moving, perfectly stoic. "What you do, good doctor, is cruel, sick and perverse. You do nothing, not one tiny thing, if not prolong the inevitable gift of entropy we all so desire. Speak not of your comprehension of mercy when your knowledge of cruelty is so twisted." He spoke sternly.

"Grace of Nocturnal...I have no interest in her. I've done you a favor letting this place stand as a sick tribute to suffering. What I seek, doctor, is in one of these rooms. I chose a room. The room I chose was incorrect. And so as an apology for my intrusion, I delivered this one to the Void...but not before I learned you were here. You're going to save me the trouble of going from room to room...you're going to tell me where Nimm is. You've my word no harm will come to her, but you will deliver her to me, or you will force me to visit more rooms. And once I have rescued each of these lost souls in your care, I'll take Nimm and demolish this bastion to Hell." His head would then hang forward. "Go do what you will with this information."  

Kain M ShZual
Captain

Neko_Shinobi
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:43 pm
Risa reclined, using her hands to stay propped and her legs at the knee under the table. "You may think its prattle Migoto, but I find it interesting. I travel a lot, and I don't generally make friends where I go. Never before has anyone ever asked to come with me either. So this is a new experience for both of us just in different ways." She smiled and looked up as a knock sounded at the door. She moved and stood up, walking over and sliding the door open to find the attendant with a second futon and a meal menu.

"If you need anything else at all, just ring the bell and someone will come and see to it." She gestured to a black cord that hing near the door. It ran up through a cold in the cieling, and presumably to a bell at the desk. "Please, enjoy your stay." She bowed low and shuffled back to her desk.

Risa smiled, bowing slightly in return before closing the door with her foot, her arms full of futon and blanket, she menu between two fingers which she handed to Migoto before going to set up the second futon. She laid out the pad and blanket next to the first one, leaving a decent gap between them. "Go ahead and order what ever you want. I'll probably just get some dumplings myself, but I think I'll go soak first." She explained walking over to her bag and opening it up. She pulled out a set of pajamas and a comb before going to a small closet near the bathroom and grabbing a couple towels. "The rooms have their own entrances out to a shared hot spring in back. You'll need your room key to get back in though." She pointed to the back sliding door. "I highly recommend taking advantage of them." She smiled. "I'll be back in a few minutes." She walked to the back door, sliding the door open and stepping out, closing it behind her. She headed for the small changing room, placing her clothes in the cubby and wrapping her hair up in a towel before wrapping another one around herself. Walking out she smiled, finding the spring empty. She eased into the water, relaxing as she sat on on the rocky bottom. Much like on the train, a ripple ran across her skin, this time, visible in the light. The source of this phenomenon was a thin set of scales that covered her skin. They shifted with changes in temperature. And served one other purpose. She leaned her head back on the edge of the spring, enjoying the warmth.

"Mercy is a matter of perspective." She replied, watching him carefully, not sure if moving was a good idea. She frowned though, as what he said had more honesty to it then he might realize. There was a good reason why the hospital was so wealthy and it had nothing to do with the benefits of it's hot springs. Or maybe he did. She closed her eyes slowly as he asked what she already knew he wanted. She took a breath and opened her eyes again, looking up at him. "I am her doctor. You may promise not to harm her, but I would like to know what it is you intend for her?" She asked. Staring him down. "You dont consider killing a cruelty, so I want a direct and clear reason." She insisted, consequences be damned. "I'm assuming you are aware of why she is here. Why she is so hard to find. And that she is highly contagiou." She asked.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:05 pm
Migoto looked over his shoulder at the attendant with a an eerie smile. He'd soon look back to the painting albeit with shut eyes. He then turned fully to help with the futon, somewhat disappointed that a futon was a bed rather than a food, though he was more thrilled than dejected that he had his own bed. He'd help spread the blanket and even tuck it beneath the futon, then use his arms to rid the little bed of all wrinkles. "Friends..." He echoed under his breath as Risa went to collect her clothes for the bath. It made him smile to think he might actually form a friendship with someone for a change.

"Please Risa, enjoy your bath. Once I get something in my stomach I'll consider readying myself for one as well. I'm positive that these hot springs will feel even more relaxing than a cryo tank!" Migoto laughed awkwardly for a moment while retrieving the menu and looking it over while taking a seat on his knees atop his futon. "Oh my, this all sounds delicious!" He exclaimed, shooting to his feet not long afterwards and darting to the service bell, ringing it vigorously. "I think I'll just try one of everything!" He snickered to himself.

As he waited, he began to sigh. "Risa...friend...what does it mean to be a friend? What an interesting woman..." He'd smile weakly, then laugh while covering his mouth. He'd cough a small bit, trails of red left in the palm of his hand. He'd move to the sink and wash his hands.

"To be honest, I haven't the faintest idea what the girl is ailed with. But I know it is a gift...but I understand." Dethblade spoke, a crackling black and white rift in the form of a hole appearing above him, against the wall visually but not actually on it. From the hole would emerge another sword. "I am not an ignorant person. You ask me what I want?" In a close by room, a scream would echo out. "I want to put an end to all pain and suffering. I want to rid the world of sorrow, and anguish." He continued, another gurgled scream echoing out. "I want to save the world, just I have saved three of your patients."

His head would begin to move again, resting to meet her gaze with his own. "Perhaps there is a need for a secondary method of persuasion...very well." He'd raise his hand into the air, then let his wrist go limp, launching the sword above him at Annette. But, not a split second later he'd be on his feet, his hand on the hilt of the sword now a teeny tiny ways from making contact with Annette. "On second thought...you say you are her doctor? Perhaps there is use for you...you're coming with me as well, doctor." The sword would dissipate into a stream of black and white particles while he remained on his feet, his hand stretched out towards Annette.

"Discard this life; come with me and start anew. Live your existence with pride and purpose knowing that your actions will aid in the genesis of a world free of strife. You, and Nimm, will become heroes. Your names will be written in the annals of history as the heroines that brought about absolution." He spoke, his orbital sockets almost humming as they glowed all the brighter.  

Kain M ShZual
Captain

Neko_Shinobi
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:00 pm
Risa sighed, stretching her arms above her head a moment before looking up and over at the looming tower of the hospital. She counted the floors she could see. Making a note of which floors had walkways to the other towers. The nearby buildings and their roof lines. After about twenty minutes she stood and headed back to the changing room. She changed into a long nightgown, pulling the black shawl from earlier over her shoulders and combing out her hair before heading back to the room.

She stared as the attendant was just finishing setting down a tray of food on the table that was covered in what appeared to be one of everything from the menu. "You were hungrier than I thought, apparently." She walked over and put her dress back in her bag with her comb and made sure the main sliding door was latched before taking a seat at the food heavy table, folding her legs under her. "So, I should probably fill you in on the job. You probably noticed that tower when we arrived. That's Grace of Nocturnal hospital, a major player in the universe when it comes to pharmaceuticals and such. They make and distribute medicine from that tower." She explained, picking up a set of chop sticks. "Rumor has it though, that they started making something else recently. A bioweapon of sorts." She explained. "I was paid to go in and retrieve a sample of this weapon."

Annette tensed, hearing the screams. Her jaw clenched a moment, watching the rift. She couldn't help the reaction when the sword was in front of her. She leaned back out of reflex, catching herself on her hand and moving to stare back up at Dethblade. "She is in the room behind me." She finally admitted, sounding reluctant. "Just a warning though. Removing her from this facility means exposing yourself to a plague for which there is no cure yet. And if you plan on taking me as well, I'll be dead in a matter of days if I'm exposed to her without protection of some kind. That's negating the fact that she'll die without proper medical intervention if her disease kicks in."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:30 am
Plate in one hand and chopsticks in the other, Migoto was happily munching away at the variety of cousine laid out before him. It wasn't hard to tell how hungry he was, not just by the portion he had ordered but the hasty rate of his consumption. He was rather adept for someone that had never used chopsticks before, possessing an inate ability to rapidly learn and adjust. He'd look to RIsa as she returned, slurping a piece of calamari into his mouth. "This food...is inCREDIBLE! Oh the aroma, the taste, the sensation! It's all AMAZING!" HE quickly burst out as though he'd never had food before.

Once she began to detail the overall objective a bit, Migoto would place the chopsticks down, interlace his fingers and rest his elbows on the table. He'd stare at Risa for a moment, his brows furrowed. "So you aim to procure an item of biological warfare..." He'd sigh and close his eyes. "Well, I suppose if I am to aid you in this quest, I would need to know what exactly we're looking for." He'd open his eyes again, offering another warm smile. 'A bioweapon...does Singe...did he...damn it. I'll just have to see where it ends up once she delivers it.' He thought to himself.

Once she was done speaking, an eerie silence would befall the whole hospital Dethblade looked straight ahead with an unsettling stare deep into Annette. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, he'd toss the sword in hand to her. "Pick it up. I would see you complete my assessment before proceeding any further...or you can attempt to strike me down. You can even run, but know this, doctor: I will find you. I will catch you. And their screams will flood the calls like a torrent of blood. But no matter your choice, my destination remains the same."

Dethblade moved to one of the other patient's rooms and turned, waiting for Annette. "Take a look in this tiny room. To most it may seem spacious and accommodating, but to her she lies upon an island, surrounded by deadly waters. You, doctor, are the shark that keeps her secluded. Look at the machines...the plugs, the filters, the tubes, the wires, the IVs...she will not recover. But yet here she lies, alone and scared." He'd then point to the sword. "That is the only medicine she needs, and somewhere within you, you know this. End. Her. Suffering." He insisted while opening the door for Annette. "Good news!" His voice rang out to the sick girl. "We can finally cure you!" He cruelly teased.  

Kain M ShZual
Captain

Neko_Shinobi
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:50 pm
She took a bite of dumpling, smiling a bit, chewing swallowing before answering him. "The top five floors of the tower are the research floors, what we seek will be up on one of those floors. A vial of some sort, under heavy security. Apparently theres a bonus if we can obtain the original source of the weapon." She leaned over and pulled a small metalic disc out of the bag about the size of a quarter, and as think as two of them stacked. She clicked a button and set the disc on a spot of the table where it would fit. A holographic image of file papers would appear. Redacted sections of info present here and there. It appeared to be emails though speaking of a patient zero but no name given and a disease that could be weaponized or used to gain profit at a later time.

"The good Doctors at Grace of Nocturnal aren't all that good, apparently." She pointed to the line about profit." If they were to release this weapon somewhere, and then be the only ones with the cure, they stand to gain a lot of profit from being dishonest and cavalier with people general well being." She explained. She finished off her dumpling, letting him read through the documents and evidence. She curious to see if knowing what they were doing and why would sway his decision to help or participate with the job. He was an anomaly to her, and not because of the obvious reasons. It wasnt that he was innocent, or naive, per say. Maybe it was just honesty and curiosity that made him unique. She closed her eyes a moment before turning her head to look out the window, up at the psuedo starry sky.

Annette flinched just a hair as the sword was tossed to her. She looked at it a long moment before taking it and standing. She looked at the blade then at the man that threw it to her. She could attempt to stab or cut him, she doubted she'd do much damage though, given the rifts from earlier. Running wasn't an option, mass casualties and her life wasn't guaranteed. She didn't like being given options that weren't actually options.

Her heels clicked on the tile floor as she followed him into the room. She vaguely knew of this patient. She wasn't her doctor, but she seen the chart. A reoccurring tumor that never seemed to go away for long. It was deemed unsafe to continue to remove it as scar tissue had started to become to thick in vital areas. Annette frowned and sighed, handing the sword back to Dethblade. "Theres no reason to use this. I have my own way of doing this." She told him coldly. She moved around the bed, tapping her security badge on a medicine cart and dialed in what she needed. A pre measured syringe was dispensed. Annette took it and uncapped it, quickly injecting the girls IV with the fluid. She reached into her coat pocket and with drew a different needle. One that had been there the whole time, and would lead one to believe that this was not her first time doing such a thing. She injected the second needle and tossed both in the disposal unit before turning the monitor so Dethblade could see the girls heart rate slowing and finally stopping. "Medications are distributed based on patient age and weight, they come pre measured do that overdose can not happen. However, the doses can be manually removed from the pharmacy in case of emergent situations." She explained.

Nimm had looked up from her book. She heard something outside the door, but she couldn't place the noise. Setting the book down she walked across the cold floor and stood at the entrance to the decontamination entrance. A chip in her wrist kept the door locked if she was near it, a later installment when she tried to go for a walk once at 10 or 11 years old. It didn't end well. She pressed her hands to the door and leaned against it. The only thing she heard was the buzzing of the door mechanics and such.  
Planet Alteria - Terraformed

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff