Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 3.5e] Discovering the Holy Kingdom
Discovery! Explore the "Holy Kingdom"! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:05 am
Flyers making such claims have been strewn about the city for weeks, by now. When the continent appeared out of thin air in the horizon, scryers were hired to discern what was there, and the term "Holy Kingdom" was what they used to described it. Most people brush it off as a fairy tail, luring fools into exploring a likely uninhabited island, if not an island consumed by bloodthirsty creatures or worse. But commoners often make such cowardly claims, and you're sure that this will bring you to a much better life than the one you're currently living, be it whim, instinct, or some other reason.

The three of you came to the city by different means and for different reasons, but the prospect of a new land to explore intrigued each of you, and so fate seems to be bringing you together onboard a ship bound for a new continent. Both you and the ship's crew seem eager to head off, and the ship leaves port effortlessly, its maiden voyage beginning with high hopes, and the night ends with the same.

The adventure begins as the three of you are waking up the day after leaving port. Rations and morale are high, but the trip to the new land has only just begun.

Kowsauni
Winter Wondork
Raganui Minamoto

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:57 am
As dawn broke across the horizon, Valian had already been sitting along the prow of the ship for some time, legs stuck between the railing with his heels crossed to hold him in place as the ship bobbed.

As his eyes scanned the horizon for signs of wings or fire, a habit he had picked up after his return to the material plane, the elf gently swirled around the contents of a dark green potion within his hands, phantom vines curling around the stick before being broken through like smoke. The extract was already complete, in fact it had been so for an hour now, but the Elf continued to stir like some kind of nervous twitch as the ship woke up around him.

Winter Wondork

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:47 pm
Kei looked out upon the waves, frowning. His clothing was loose fit and dark of color, with a colorful sash around his middle. Two blades were hung from the sash, one straight and narrow, the other short and curved. Most notable was his polished mask. Shaped like a fox, it was mostly white with red and black detailing.

Things had not gone well for the young man. After all, everything has lead him to that city, only to find no leads there. Then the flyers saying about some new land. A perfect place to hide. Now, here he was on a boat out there, hoping that he'd find a clue or something to continue his search.

With a jaw cracking yawn, he looked over the ship, peeking out from his mask to eye the others who decided to take the trip with him.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:24 am
IRENE EMERSON

User Image

((Will resize the picture tomorrow))

As the sun rose Irene decided it was time to go topside and get some fresh air...which is what she figured she would do if she actually still drew breath. Personally, she would much rather continue to hunt rats in the cargo hold but the sailors would soon resume working down there. Besides, she had to keep up appearances. She had already spent most of the money she manged to spirit away from her mothers mansion on a luxury room on the tall ship. She had to play the part of a traveling noblewoman or people would get suspicious. She already had to bluff about her natural appearing age to believably travel alone. Luckily she had decades of practice.

Irene comes above deck dressed in her usual ornate frilly black dress and notices a couple of the eccentric passengers had beat her to it. There was the one who wore a strange mask. He seemed like a foreigner but then they would all be strangers in a strange land once they reached their destination. It seemed crazy to be traveling like this when before she had never even gone beyond the grounds of the estate, but she had to get away. Get away form that house, from that city, from that country. She just had to get away. These lands seemed like they would be the fresh start she needed.

The other passenger on deck was an elf, who was probably the only person on board older then herself. He seemed quite paranoid as he dabbled with some sort of potion. It occurred to her that she hadn't spoken nary a word to either of these two individuals. She had spent the previous night hob-nobbing with the other nobles on board for appearance purposes but they were all so boring. She figured these two individuals might at least have an interesting conversation in them.

She would approach the two men and speak to them in a cheery voice. "Good evening Sirs. I don't mean to pry but what brings you all on this fine trip to a new land. This is going to be a long journey and this vessel isn't exactly the epitome of spaciousness, so why don't we all get to know each other, hmm?"  

Kowsauni
Crew

Winter Wondork

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:37 am
Those long, drooping ears twitched slightly at the young lady's voice sounding out behind him, the golden circles weighing them down tinkling quietly as they were disturbed. His hand instinctively clenched around the neck of the flask as he nearly drunk it. Having had some minor problems with both the wild life and people he met as he found his way to this new adventure had put the elf on a tottering edge of nerves and nostalgia for his old powers.

Valian sighed, lifting the mixing rod from the substance before capping it as he dragged himself to his feet with his other hand. "Ah.. My apologies,... Miss. I was lost in my own thoughts and didn't hear you coming." He hesitated for a moment but.. There was no way he was found so easily. An entirely different continent where he would then travel to yet another? "You can call me Valian. I'm simply an alchemist looking for new places to ply my trade." Where no one will know his name for a while, hopefully. "I'm sorry to say however, unless the materials are brought to me I'm out of products."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:15 pm
Looking over from the corner of his eye, he listened to the elf. Some hesitation and nervousness, though that may just be due to being not so good at social interactions. And an alchemist would be interested in new lands that could have new resources. Either way, best to not be rude yet. "Kei. A traveller, looking for interesting things." His voice portrayed an odd accent, denoting that he must have been from some distance away.

"Yourself?"  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:52 am
IRENE EMERSON

User Image

((Will resize the picture...eventually))

The men's answers seemed guarded but that was to be expected. They were all strangers to each other after all, bound together simply by necessity. Neither of them seemed to be the type to travel to a new continent simply for the thrill of it so they must have had good reasons for leaving, just like herself.

Naturally, the masked one imposed her question right back to her to which Irene would smile and respond. "I'm simply running away from some bad memories and this place seemed like a good place to get a fresh start. And since we are introducing ourselves, my name is Irene, Irene Emerson." Forty years ago that name would have meant something to those who knew the noble houses, but now she was simply a ghost from the past. It was all the more reason to make this trip. In this "Holy Kingdom" she could reinvent herself and severe all cords to the sheltered life she had once known.

Irene would turn her attention back to the elf. "So you said you were an alchemist then? Quite the useful profession. If you don't mind me asking what are you mixing up there? You seemed quite concentrated on mixing it"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:57 am
The elf lifted a hand up, rubbing the larger of the two coins weighing down his right ear. Emblazoned on said circle was a rather clear image of a draconian claw. "Bad memories hmm..? I can understand that, Miss Emerson." That hand lowered itself, to cover his mouth as he let out a slight cough to smooth over that thought. "Anyway. I'm quite sure this little adventure will bring us all something interesting we've never seen before, and perhaps even what we're all after."

Luckily he was given a chance to escape the awkward hole he had dug himself in to and smiled slightly as he lifted the vial with the dark green potion within. " Ah this is a little.. self defense mechanism that I've created on my way here. Quite useful on dealing with people with bad intentions. It works much the same way as a Tanglefoot bag, fired from the mouth after drinking." He shook the bottle lightly. "A hands free defense that can be drunk, and therefor hidden, before entering any.. uninviting places. As of the moment however, these extracts that simulate spells can only be drunk by myself. Something to due with using magic from my own aura. I'm looking for a way around that myself."

He seemed quite pleased with his discovery, as much as he was with the compliment towards his profession. Its rare, these days, and he enjoys it when he can. However, he also seemed quite confident in it, considering he would tell these two strangers its use!

Winter Wondork

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:01 am
As the sun slowly rises in the east and the shadows of the early morning drop into the ocean, the sailors aboard the ship began pouring out from below deck, beginning their morning chores - checking the rigging to make sure it's tight, cleaning the deck, and so on - busy work, mostly. The sailors are under orders to leave the nobility alone so long as they don't obstruct work that needs doing, so they don't bother Irene or the people she's talking to for now.

After a few minutes, the captain's voice can be heard above deck, near the helm. He has a spyglass held up to his eyes, and is pointing it in the direction that the ship is sailing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:18 am
IRENE EMERSON

User Image

Irene would give Valian a perplex look. "So you you drink it, then spit it out? What does it taste like?"

Out of the corner of her eye Irene would see the captain on the quarterdeck pointing to something in the distance. Curious, Irene would look in that direction to see what the fuss was about.

14 -spot check.  

Kowsauni
Crew

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:06 am
The ocean in that direction is empty. It's possible that he's just making sure that the course is set.

Then again, the clouds in that direction ARE huddled together slightly more than anywhere else in the sky right now...  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 2 20-sided dice: 1, 7 Total: 8 (2-40)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:11 am
"Each their own." Kei would nod slightly as he spoke, giving another look at the other two, before the sailors really started getting into it. With that, he closed his eyes and leaned on the railing, just enjoying the smell of the sea. Until some yelling broke him out of it.

He'd turn to look at the captain then towards the position the man was looking, making sure that the others were behind him as one of his eyes became a slit briefly as he took in what lay that way.

(Perception +6, if I see the clouds then Know: Nature +3)

(Ow, the dice hate)

Perception - 7
Know: Nature - 10  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Winter Wondork

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:57 am
The elf glanced down at the bottle, before giving it a little shake. "I've never really thought too much into it really. It's kind of a.. leafy taste? Like you're biting into a plain salad." He lifted a hand up to rub his chin as he thought over this. Perhaps, should he learn to allow other people to use it, he should find some way to change the taste. Something for further research.

While he was busy contemplating this, the other two were distracted by the captains shouting, which would eventually break him out of his thoughts to turn, looking out over the sea.

Perception -19!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:17 pm
IRENE EMERSON

User Image

Having spent most of the last four decades trapped in a palatial mansion Irene wasn't sure quite sure what the fuss over a bunch of clouds was about. She had read and witness enough to know storms came from clouds but if that was their concern why wouldn't they just sail around them.

Irene turned her attention back to the Valian. "A plain salad you say? That doesn't sound appetizing at all. I'd much prefer a meatier sort of taste, but that is my own preference. I guess the point is not to swallit after all. I hope to never find myself in a situation were such a potion would be necessary, but tell me Mr. Valian, what other interesting concoctions can you create?"

The petite Irene would smile at the elf, plainly interested in his abilities.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Winter Wondork

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:45 am
The elfs brows knit together, a hand reaching up to scratch his throat as he watched the clouds. "Hmm.. Yes, I suppose it doesn't sound too appetizing now does it?" That hand lifted up, pointing to the clouds and then slightly down to trace the horizon as he pointed out the dots that would be a chain of islands. "I would suggest watching these clouds. Its nothing at the moment, but should a bad storm strike out as we get near land we could be forced aground." He warned them both.

That hand swiftly came back however, covering his mouth as he coughed. "But listen to me, perhaps my age is catching up to me what with this gloom and doom." He lowered that hand to show off a slight smile as he lifted up the flask once more. "As for my personal extracts, I have a few interesting ones. A little silver mixture that heightens your senses considerably for a short time that almost assures your next attack against an opponent will land, which sometimes gets mixed up with a white one that created a weak field of magic around you that helps block attacks."

He lifted a hand up, tapping below his right eye. "I also have one that replicates a procedure that I preformed on myself a long, long time ago. It's much more simplified however as it only lets me notice very subtle differences in walls and such, and detect hidden doors or compartments, rather than magic." He mentioned as he bent down slightly, staring Irene directly in the eye. If she'd look closer she'd notice those golden eyes of his swirled slightly, like a pool with a tiny drain in the middle. "Incredibly useful for finding good things, and avoiding problems if you can see the residue of magic being cast or it emanating from an item."

[Nature - 15]

[D&D 3.5e] Discovering the Holy Kingdom

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces