Welcome to Gaia! ::

21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild designed for older Gaians, particularly artists and geeks. 

Tags: Twenty One Plus, Artists, Geek, Forum 

Reply 21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild
Random Musings pt. I: First Blood Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GoldenStar X

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:41 am
lol, wow, I've been playing World of warcraft like everyday during my job hunt.

what'chu pllllllay?  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:35 am
In response to WoW, I say only: Ugh.  

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

The Boss Monkey

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:01 am
Good morning! or...uh afternoon. Guess I'm gonna weedeat some lawn today, which is just wonderful for a hangover gonk . It was a long night last night but I do remember there being animal crackers which were amazing. Probably end up having to do lawn work all summer, since no one in my hometown will hire me. Must be because I'm hairy.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:20 am
Work in just under two hours. . . yay, I guess. Trying to decide if I'm gonna return Devil's Tomb and rerent it before Tuesday so I can rent Ramen Girl. . . or if I should wait on Ramen Girl. . .  

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Headhunter

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:46 am
GoldenStar X
lol, wow, I've been playing World of warcraft like everyday during my job hunt.

what'chu pllllllay?

The last time I played was aboot a year ago, but I have a 70 Night Elf Rogue (subtlety/combat hybrid spec) and a 60-something human warrior (protection spec, because that's the only way to play, baby). If I do go back to playing, I just hope the changes aren't too daunting to get used to. I was never too into raids so my gear was nice but not OMGAWSUM.

Of course, it doesn't really help that I've had Wrath of the Lich King since it came out and its been sitting on my computer ready to go ever since. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:43 am
None of you fine folks would happen to know where I can acquire a list of reliable proxy servers, would you?  

Headhunter

The Boss Monkey

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:12 pm
Sorry, I'm not computer savvy in the least. What does that mean?  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:19 pm
Appalachian Monster

Proxies are middleman servers through which your requests go before hitting the interwebs. The point behind them is to allow a user some degree of anonymity when searching/downloading/whatever. I could go into an explanation laced with computer jargon, but instead I'll do this:

You're underage but look like you could pass for being 18+ (making you the user). You want to buy some cigarettes (the cigarettes are the internet) but don't want to risk getting caught. You have some guy who is 18+ (this guy is the proxy) buy them for you and give them to you.

Same thing.

There are proxy servers all over the place, but they shift around constantly and can be there one minute and gone the next.  

Headhunter

The Boss Monkey

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:52 pm
Headhunter
Appalachian Monster

Proxies are middleman servers through which your requests go before hitting the interwebs. The point behind them is to allow a user some degree of anonymity when searching/downloading/whatever. I could go into an explanation laced with computer jargon, but instead I'll do this:

You're underage but look like you could pass for being 18+ (making you the user). You want to buy some cigarettes (the cigarettes are the internet) but don't want to risk getting caught. You have some guy who is 18+ (this guy is the proxy) buy them for you and give them to you.

Same thing.

There are proxy servers all over the place, but they shift around constantly and can be there one minute and gone the next.

Hah! nice analogy, I totally understand now. Sort of like a decoy blank server to cover you. Not sure if they provide that kind of thing (although they have everything and the kitchen sink) but the piratebay site is handy for all your internet funtime needs.  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:01 pm
I just captioned a lolcatz photo.

http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/view.aspx?ciid=4268664  

Punk Fox TH
Vice Captain

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:37 am
Punk Fox TH

Nice.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:38 pm
Welp, I pulled the tigger on World of Warcraft. I spent 2 hours playing it today and didn't even touch the year's worth of new content that I missed yet. See you all in a few months. xp  

Headhunter

AntoniaMerEnfant
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:18 pm
Headhunter
Welp, I pulled the tigger on World of Warcraft. I spent 2 hours playing it today and didn't even touch the year's worth of new content that I missed yet. See you all in a few months. xp

NoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo-oooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!! Don't do it man!

Don't go towards the light!!!

Won't someone PLEASE think of the children!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:53 pm
I got a B on my Algebra final....

IN YOUR FACE, MATH!!! scream

AntoniaMerEnfant
Headhunter

NoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo-oooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!! Don't do it man!

Don't go towards the light!!!

Won't someone PLEASE think of the children!!!!

Phat Lootz is an alluring seductress... sad  

Headhunter

Bakura Amane
Crew

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:30 pm
I never would have thought I would be looking for a tranny (transmission for all those not mechanically or automotively inclined) for our "ancient" tractor mower, but here I am. xd This is one area I am very fuzzy on; I'd much rather be working on cars, but this requires my attention at the moment (besides my bedroom and getting stuff ready for school and work). sweatdrop  
21+ "Elderly" Geeks and Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff