Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Chat Thread: Chopsticks and teacups Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 622 623 624 625 626 627 ... 972 973 974 975 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:39 pm
You could always hit my profile. Most of the folks who poke me about my play list like it. ninja

It's a little... ummm... aggressive?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:41 pm
I joined a Jim Henson themed Craft Swap. My partner likes Sesame Street, Labyrinth, The Christmas Toy and Fraggle Rock. I'm making a Cookie Monster scarf (knitting the scarf part right now, but I need to learn to crochet to make the cookies!), drawing a barn owl on a recycled journal, and making some purple cat toys. Not sure about other ideas yet. I'm such a Jim Henson geek.  

MoonJeli

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:51 pm
Nice.

How about doing something with Yoda?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:45 pm
The Galactica season 2 OST that's been sitting in bittorrent for three months now finally started downloading. Thank the Lords of Kobol!  

Collowrath

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:35 pm
Collowrath
The Galactica season 2 OST that's been sitting in bittorrent for three months now finally started downloading. Thank the Lords of Kobol!

Season 2's was good, but the third is definitely my favorite because of the increase in focus on middle eastern instruments. I think I used bt to download all three as a pack. Unfortunately I don't have it on my computer anymore, but I do have the mini-series soundtrack and I'd be happy to send it to you.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:53 pm
I really need to get Battlestar Galactica. Robin Hood's keeping me busy on the fantasy side of things, but it's already on episode four and will be over in a few months, Merlin doesn't start back up until October, Who's on a gap year, I've finished a Firefly rewatch and an Angel one, and I'm on S7 of Buffy, and I still haven't heard any news on when Torchwood: Children of Earth is airing, so I need something to entertain me for a while.

...yes, I am an incredible geek. I'm aware of this. ninja  

Calixti

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:04 pm
Funny, I'm watching Merlin right now.....I loves me the internet.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm
Calixti
I really need to get Battlestar Galactica. Robin Hood's keeping me busy on the fantasy side of things, but it's already on episode four and will be over in a few months, Merlin doesn't start back up until October, Who's on a gap year, I've finished a Firefly rewatch and an Angel one, and I'm on S7 of Buffy, and I still haven't heard any news on when Torchwood: Children of Earth is airing, so I need something to entertain me for a while.

Now's the perfect time to get into it. Season 4, the last season of the series, just ended about a month ago, and all the prior seasons are on DVD. Also, according to an interview with one of the main character actors (found on Gaia no less!), he is working on a manga project, and there will also be a movie based on the series a la Serenity. Also I'm pretty sure they're working on a prequel made for t.v. movie called Caprica that will air on SciFi network at some point, though I can't tell you if it'll be any good because none of the characters will be in it from what I can tell of the trailers.

Anyway, I highly recommend it, even up to the soundtrack. Kara Thrace is the most kick-a**-ingest female character I've ever seen, even besides all the relationship drama. There are a lot of philosophical questions brought up, as the series got featured in the "_________ and philosophy" series of books that look at popular shows (like House!) and examine the philosophical inquiries that one might engage in by watching the show.  

Bastemhet

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:51 pm
Sophist
Collowrath

Season 2's was good, but the third is definitely my favorite because of the increase in focus on middle eastern instruments. I think I used bt to download all three as a pack. Unfortunately I don't have it on my computer anymore, but I do have the mini-series soundtrack and I'd be happy to send it to you.

Season 2 was the last one I needed, now I have a playlist ordered miniseries through season 3. smile Season two has a more subdued tone, but some of the drumming is really good for me. Baltar's Dream is also one of my favorites - I like to play it when I worship. Something about ecstatic, confused music puts my brain straight into the theta band. biggrin Serbian folk music does it to me as well - anything with a steady rhythm and drumming.

Who's the actor on Gaia!?!?

Kara Thrace was my favorite character - her and Roslin. I had a horrible tendency to sympathize with the Cylons as well... wonder why that is? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:28 pm
Collowrath
Sophist
Collowrath

Season 2 was the last one I needed, now I have a playlist ordered miniseries through season 3. smile Season two has a more subdued tone, but some of the drumming is really good for me. Baltar's Dream is also one of my favorites - I like to play it when I worship. Something about ecstatic, confused music puts my brain straight into the theta band. biggrin Serbian folk music does it to me as well - anything with a steady rhythm and drumming.

Kara Thrace was my favorite character - her and Roslin. I had a horrible tendency to sympathize with the Cylons as well... wonder why that is? sweatdrop

My favorite drumming tracks are Fight Night, Storming New Caprica, and Mandala in the Clouds. Baltar's Dream is a really good track, and I'd have to say there's only a few from the third season soundtrack that I can say are not my favorites. I love the yayli tanbur in that track, and the music has inspired me to listen to a lot of Turkish pop music. As for me, I've practiced playing Battlestar Sonatica a lot on the piano, which is a really soothing piece to play and listen to.

The actor is Richard Hatch who plays Tom Zarek! If you go to the Verizon Wireless hosted mini-interview thingies, they have one with him in it. I was very surprised to see that on here.

Kara was my favorite but after all the b.s. with (spoilerspoilerspoiler) I prefer Baltar. Yes I know he's an egomaniac but I can't help feeling empathetic...a lot of what happened to him wasn't really his fault, even if he is an egotistical arse. I think what Apollo said on the stand sums up the dilemma perfectly.

And yes I did feel for Six but I'm sorry...I'm glad about what happened to Boomer. I never liked her and always thought her to be selfish. And I especially didn't like her after what happened in the washroom with Athena there watching. evil

(And for those not familiar with the series, the soundtrack is not only super but super accessible! All of it is on youtube.)

Edit: Oh, and if you like middle eastern drums, this guy's darbouka addition to a song without it is pretty frakkin' sweet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuL7AP8JCtU

This is very good too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HBN9cpzook  

Bastemhet

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:36 pm
I loved the series, I loved the Cylons, my favourite characters were Roslin, Ellen Tigh, and Caprica Six.

I just hated the ending so much. It seemed so much like a copout. I'm constantly reading BSG fanfiction now because I want to see what other endings people visualized.

On the earlier discussion on thought forms, I was experimenting and I usually let my mind visualize and create them randomly if I'm not going the sphere route. My mind is odd, as I created one that took on the form of a little grey alien (a la Stargate Asgard) that's name was decided as "Roadkill". gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:40 pm
SpaceTerminal Destiny
I loved the series, I loved the Cylons, my favourite characters were Roslin, Ellen Tigh, and Caprica Six.

I just hated the ending so much. It seemed so much like a copout. I'm constantly reading BSG fanfiction now because I want to see what other endings people visualized.

You know, I had the same feeling. I don't mind religious under(or over!)tones in the series because I think they address a lot of really important questions, even things like what Boomer said about whether humans really deserve to be saved. But the end? It was like they ran out of time to develop subtleties and kinda forced an ending in something that perhaps didn't need a definitive ending.

I love Roslin, I once saw a little icon of her that says: Laura Roslin has two speeds, sexy stare and airlocking. xd  

Bastemhet

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:48 pm
Sophist
Collowrath
Sophist
Collowrath

My favorite drumming tracks are Fight Night, Storming New Caprica, and Mandala in the Clouds. Baltar's Dream is a really good track, and I'd have to say there's only a few from the third season soundtrack that I can say are not my favorites. I love the yayli tanbur in that track, and the music has inspired me to listen to a lot of Turkish pop music. As for me, I've practiced playing Battlestar Sonatica a lot on the piano, which is a really soothing piece to play and listen to.

The actor is Richard Hatch who plays Tom Zarek! If you go to the Verizon Wireless hosted mini-interview thingies, they have one with him in it. I was very surprised to see that on here.

Kara was my favorite but after all the b.s. with (spoilerspoilerspoiler) I prefer Baltar. Yes I know he's an egomaniac but I can't help feeling empathetic...a lot of what happened to him wasn't really his fault, even if he is an egotistical arse. I think what Apollo said on the stand sums up the dilemma perfectly.

And yes I did feel for Six but I'm sorry...I'm glad about what happened to Boomer. I never liked her and always thought her to be selfish. And I especially didn't like her after what happened in the washroom with Athena there watching. evil

(And for those not familiar with the series, the soundtrack is not only super but super accessible! All of it is on youtube.)

Edit: Oh, and if you like middle eastern drums, this guy's darbouka addition to a song without it is pretty frakkin' sweet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuL7AP8JCtU

This is very good too: ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HBN9cpzook

You know, I held on for Boomer. I loved her, connected with her very early on... and then at the end I felt more stabbed in the back than I have from a tv show ever. Although, what Athena did to her was fitting the name.

Ew Zarek!! Love the actor, hate the character!

Thanks for the links - I love a good darbuka. 4 years at a school with lots of Turks taught me to appreciate it. I also never picked up that the strings in Baltar's Dream was yayli tanbur - even though I hear it practically every day >.<

STD: I loved the 6 series in general - they were all very well done imho.

EDIT: Storming New Caprica is one of my favorites - Precipice is up there as well - there's so much energy! Scar from Season 2 has a nice feel to it as well.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:08 pm
Collowrath
You know, I held on for Boomer. I loved her, connected with her very early on... and then at the end I felt more stabbed in the back than I have from a tv show ever. Although, what Athena did to her was fitting the name.

Ew Zarek!! Love the actor, hate the character!

Thanks for the links - I love a good darbuka. 4 years at a school with lots of Turks taught me to appreciate it. I also never picked up that the strings in Baltar's Dream was yayli tanbur - even though I hear it practically every day >.<

STD: I loved the 6 series in general - they were all very well done imho.

EDIT: Storming New Caprica is one of my favorites - Precipice is up there as well - there's so much energy! Scar from Season 2 has a nice feel to it as well.

I wanted to like Boomer but she fraked up way too many times. I just didn't like when both her and Cavil and Tori were like, we're machines, therefore, we can do whatever we want. But then at the same time they feel a sense of entitlement for grandiose power when it's like, if you want to act like killing machines, don't be frakkin' surprised if you get called toasters! stare I say yeehaw Athena, well done.

Ditto on Zarek! I almost thought he was going good when he was being honest with Roslin about the Baltar trial but then...well, you know what happens. lol

Though I knew that the duduk played a large part in the soundtrack, only reason I knew it was yayli tanbur was wikipedia. redface Yay wiki! Now what I would love to know is what drums play those fast paced drum songs.  

Bastemhet

Calixti

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:57 pm
Sophist
Calixti

Now's the perfect time to get into it. Season 4, the last season of the series, just ended about a month ago, and all the prior seasons are on DVD. Also, according to an interview with one of the main character actors (found on Gaia no less!), he is working on a manga project, and there will also be a movie based on the series a la Serenity. Also I'm pretty sure they're working on a prequel made for t.v. movie called Caprica that will air on SciFi network at some point, though I can't tell you if it'll be any good because none of the characters will be in it from what I can tell of the trailers.

Anyway, I highly recommend it, even up to the soundtrack. Kara Thrace is the most kick-a**-ingest female character I've ever seen, even besides all the relationship drama. There are a lot of philosophical questions brought up, as the series got featured in the "_________ and philosophy" series of books that look at popular shows (like House!) and examine the philosophical inquiries that one might engage in by watching the show.
THanks for the rec. I've kinda been deliberately waiting for it to end, but then I kept avoiding it 'cause the fandom scared me. emo

maenad nuri
Funny, I'm watching Merlin right now.....I loves me the internet.
That's how I get it. And Robin Hood. And Doctor Who. And all my BBC programmes and anime, really. ninja

Also, have you seen Moment of Truth yet? I think it's about halfway through S1--Merlin, Arthur, Morgana, and Gwen go to Merlin's home village, and they ALL, even Morgana and Gwen, get to be totally badass. Probably my favourite episode. <3  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 622 623 624 625 626 627 ... 972 973 974 975 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games