Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Visual Art's Key/Tactics Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: AirTV, Kanon, Clannad, AngelBeats 

Reply Anime: Kanon
Kanon TV Discussion Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:04 pm
Discuss Kanon here. Likes, dislikes...the basic stuff.

In the beginning Yuichi is very detached from the city and its inhabitants. Prior to his return, it is decided that he is to stay with his cousin, Nayuki Minase, and her mother, Akiko. After his long absence, Yuichi has forgotten almost everything except minor details of what happened seven years before and is in need of being reminded of what he left behind.

The Main Girls of this story are: Ayu Tsukimiya, Nayuki Minase, Makoto Sawatari, Shiori Misaka, and Mai Kawasumi.

Uguu~!

(Special thanks to kikitso for putting up enough money (and a bit more) for this subforum!)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:46 am
i just got done watch Kanon 2006 today and its was great.
some how i did't feel like cry cuz spoiler badly stare .
the only thing i don't like about Kanon is the hentai game.
also i be thinking about why is yuuichi going around girls and doing h-scan.
its like School Days. which i have not watch yet.
i don't know much of the game.
-
but i have to say i love the story and ever thing in it.  

Himeko-14

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:51 pm
Himeko-14
i just got done watch Kanon 2006 today and its was great.
some how i did't feel like cry cuz spoiler badly stare .
the only thing i don't like about Kanon is the hentai game.
also i be thinking about why is yuuichi going around girls and doing h-scan.
its like School Days. which i have not watch yet.
i don't know much of the game.
-
but i have to say i love the story and ever thing in it.

Well, Kanon was the start of Key, and before Key was formed, the company was big on Hentai games. When they went to Key, they took that with them. After Air, their second H-Game, people were complaining that their games are too great to have hentai in, and therefore, they made the all-ages versions. With that, Clannad and Little Busters have yet to become Hentais. Sure, Clannad has a spin off that is a Hentai, but that is it. Whenever you get a chance to check out Clannad, I am sure with the fact there is no Henti games to it, you will be fully satisfied.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:41 pm
http://youtube.com/watch?v=J1HFTT5avfw

Kanon's dub. Gaze upon the way Uguu fails for America.  

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

KazePhoung

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:36 pm
Minak0

is it weird that i actually liked most of the english voice acting? the only one that really bothered me was Ayu's... uguu~~ >_<  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:56 am
Haha. And I was debating whether to get the first volume or not. ADV is just digging itself a hole, now. sweatdrop  

RaiMidori

Frost Leaf Withers

Clean Gaian

7,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:59 pm
RaiMidori
Haha. And I was debating whether to get the first volume or not. ADV is just digging itself a hole, now. sweatdrop

I want to buy the DVDs only to watch them on my TV with subtitles that I hope are extremely close to AFK's. But 6 DVDs with 4 episodes on them each...My poor money.

I commented on that video. I didn't like it one bit.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:24 pm
Asian By Default
RaiMidori

I want to buy the DVDs only to watch them on my TV with subtitles that I hope are extremely close to AFK's. But 6 DVDs with 4 episodes on them each...My poor money.

I commented on that video. I didn't like it one bit.

Haha, I noticed. Yeah, the fansubs is all I would get it for myself. The dub is pretty unattractive. All I would probably watch for is the approach on the "Boku" content with Ayu.  

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Meli-Chan
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:23 pm
Minak0

Oh, no! I saw this a couple of days ago. crying W-what did they DO!? First off, all the girls sound way too old for their character. "Uguu" doesn't sound right at ALL... there is a lot I don't like. I will admit that Chris Patton didn't do too bad because his voice fits the character unlike the others. I sort of like him as Yuuichi so far from what I've seen. I don't think any of the voice actors/actresses that I've heard are bad actors, but it's just what I said, their voices DO NOT FIT in my opinion. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:07 pm
Meli-Chan
Minak0

Oh, no! I saw this a couple of days ago. crying W-what did they DO!? First off, all the girls sound way too old for their character. "Uguu" doesn't sound right at ALL... there is a lot I don't like. I will admit that Chris Patton didn't do too bad because his voice fits the character unlike the others. I sort of like him as Yuuichi so far from what I've seen. I don't think any of the voice actors/actresses that I've heard are bad actors, but it's just what I said, their voices DO NOT FIT in my opinion. burning_eyes

I also liked Mai's. I posted a link to the first episode's full dub, and she was possibly the best sounding of them all. Sucks for Sayuri though. Sayuri was way too deep.  

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Lao_AzN_Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:05 am
hmm the voice acting for the dub english is kinda bad naiyuki's voice is ok i guess but yuichi's(im sry i forgot how to spell names..) voice would be better if it was the voice actor for kyon in the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya, its just my opinion

Minak0

an example of kinda wrong voices..and yeah uguu sound is bad..but the girls' voices sound a bit to old for there age -_-  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:38 am
I liked the dub. ^-^;; I am probably alone, but I am repulsed by high pitched voice girls in English, like in DN Angel. O.o;; Yuck. (Though I did like Misuzu's voice...) I thought the voices were pretty good. :3 And since in our English culture, cute little catch phrases are not understood nor appreciated, so when they made "uguu" sound more like a grunt, I think it was ok. ^-^;;

Dislike for dubs comes from love for the original. ^-^;; So I guess it's fine that nobody likes it... ^-^;;  

carosene

Arcturus Dawnglow

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:52 pm
I watch kanon 2006 crying It was so sad but such a nice story... ... stories. crying confused towards the end though. and I thought evangelion was sad... lol. Great anime though. I Want makoto to come back. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:10 am
Misuzu Kamio...
User Image

Yay! Just finished watching Kanon, made me cry T^T I dont think I FULLY understand it then again I had to watch Air TV twice to get it,
And I guess by the sounds of it I really shouldnt go check out the dubbed version of kanon then....
and ACK I now say uguu~ whenever someone says something mean, or asks me something I dont know @_@ lol <.< been going on for 2 months now... XD I have now perfected it! >.>
...Always With me

User Image

Mimi Misuzu

Koholos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:01 am
Actually, I kind of like their version of Uguu. It's not quite as "sugary" as the Japanese version, but the sort of tortured version sounds ok by me. The other parts of the dub I dislike. Chris Patton is Sousuke Sagara in my mind, and as Yuuichi it's a bit weird, but he does a good job(He's #2 VA in my book). But was that Jessica B. as Nayuki? That was a horrible reading. And the REST of Ayu's lines do sound a bit forced. I think 4H would have been much better for that role, or as Shiori, but she doesn't even seem to have gotten into this series. How can they not have HILARY HAAG in KANON???
I do like ADV, a LOT, and I'll probably rent the DVD's at some point, just for the commentaries, but yeah...

Anyone got the movie theater segment dub? I'd be interested in seeing if they'd gotten more into the feel of the characters by then.  
Anime: Kanon

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff