Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
The Hobbit Hideout - Now Open!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:16 pm
User Image

Opened in Spring of 2060 by Tzuki Zhao-Jennings, the Hobbit Hideout was designed to be a one-stop game shop for those in Hogwarts and Hogsmeade. There are lots of comfy places to sit and play your favorite games. There's also a little cafe attached, so hunger should never impede your gameplay! You can rent or purchase games as well, to expand your gaming empire.

*All games have methods for disability adaptation, including someone to read the instructions and explain gameplay.

Hours of Operation
*these are temporary until more help is hired*

Monday-Friday: Noon - 6PM
**Closed Tuesdays for rest/restock**
Saturdays: 10am-10pm
Sundays: Noon-4PM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:52 pm
The Hobbit Hideout Price List

The Cafe
⇴Teas (black, green, chamomile, herbal, tea of the week) {6s, served in a deep mug}
⇴Coffees {6s - Small}{10s Large}
⇴Espresso Drinks {5s/shot}
⇴Fountain Sodas {5s - Small}{7s - Medium}{10s - Large}
⇴Juices {5s - Bottled}
⇴Cookies {2s/1, 10s/6, 1g/12}
⇴Brownies {3s/1}
⇴Fruit Snacks {1s/pouch}
⇴Pre-made sandwiches {Ham, Turkey, Cheese, Veggie - 10s/each}
⇴Candies {1s/candy}
⇴Lollipops {10k/each}
⇴Ice Lollies {10k/each}
⇴Water with Ice {free!}

We can also order treats from For Goodness Bakes, for their price plus a 2s delivery charge. It will be delivered directly to your game table! (menu can be found at the cafe counter!)

The Game Wall
⇴Classic Board Games {10s-1.5g to purchase, 5s/3 days to rent}
⇴Modern Party Games {10s-1.5g to purchase, 5s/3 days to rent}
⇴Game Sets {2g-10g, depending on number of expansions! - For purchase only!}
⇴Expansion/Booster Game Packs {10s-15s to purchase}
⇴D&D Starter Kit (includes character sheets, a random dice set, Player's Handbook, DM Guide, and Monster Manual!) {1g, 10s}
⇴D&D Books & Guides {12s/each}

Polyhedral Dice Sets
⇴Plain Acrylic/Plastic {5s/set}
⇴Sharp-Edged Resin Set (no inclusions) {10s/set}
⇴Sharp-Edged Resin Set (with inclusions) {1g, 5s/set}
⇴Metal Dice {1g, 5s/set}
⇴Sets of only 6-sided dice (plastic/acrylic, round edged, numbered or dots) {6s/10 dice set)
⇴Mini Dice (7 sets of 7 dice, each in different colors) {1g/tube}

Accessories & Goodies
⇴D&D/Warforged Minis - non-painted {7s/each}
⇴D&D/Warforged Minis - painted {15s/each}
⇴Large/Exclusive Minis - painted {2g/each, unless otherwise marked}
⇴Minis Painting Sets (includes 6 colors and 2 paintbrushes) {1g, 5s/set}
⇴Extra Meeples (base game colors) {10s/set, includes all meeples needed for expansions}
⇴Custom Meeple Sets {1g/set, includes all meeples needed for expansions}
⇴Card Pouches {5s-1g/each, depending on material}
⇴Dice Trays {5s-1g/each, depending on material}
⇴Dice Pouches, hold 2 full sets or 14 mini-sets {5s-1g/each, depending on material}
⇴Dice Goblin Bags (hold 15 full sets, cinch top) {1g-1.5g/each, depending on material)
⇴Extra Game Pieces (for any game in stock) {2s-10s/set}
⇴Extra Money (for any game in stock) {2s-10s/set}

**If you just want to come play, no money is needed. Simply grab a game from the designated Game Library Shelf and a table to play. Please make sure our Game Library Games stay here. They love their home**
!!Tables can be reserved with at least 24hr notice. This is free, unless you need 3 or more tables, at which point a deposit is required, price will be discussed!!

~~We also offer game delivery to Hogsmeade or Hogwarts, but it will add a 5s delivery charge. Simply Owl the shop with the game(s)/accessories/etc needed. Delivery not available for rentals, however, they can be returned via owl if you cannot make it back.~~

))Searching for a specific game not in stock? Speak with the front counter and they'll do their best to help you get a copy! These games will have a deposit and must be for purchase.((  

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:59 pm
Meet our staff!

Owner
Tzuki Zhao-Jennings

Front Counter (aka Game Gurus)
Tzuki Zhao-Jennings

NOW HIRING!

Cafe Counter (aka the Snack Stars)
Sara Cartier (NPC)

NOW HIRING!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:00 am

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

seventh year || Hufflepuff || halfblood metamorphmagus
Adventurer's Guild chronicler || Art Club cartoonist || Creature Appreciation Club enthusiast
Order of the Stick captain || Cooking Club executive chef || Quidditch chaser

It was officially open! Usually Galen would wait to ride over to Hogsmeade with Nora, but he'd wanted to stop by to check out the place and say hi to his old friend and club captain before she got too busy with the opening weekend sales.

Inside the Hobbit Hideout was plenty of space to play and shelves stacked high with games, some Galen recognized, and many more he didn’t yet. There were already a few students milling around, browsing the shelves.

“Tzuki!” He called, spotting a familiar face at a delicious-smelling corner. “It’s Galen.” he introduced. He was pretty sure she’d remember his voice, but it never hurt. ” Congratulations on the opening! The place looks incredible!”

setting Soon after the opening of the Hobbit Hideout in March 2060 || with Tzuki
appearance 5'10", glowy tips || wearing green shirt and shorts
status Look at this place!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
If sunlight bothers you in the path then
I'll spread the shade
If darkness scares you then
On the horizon I'll decorate the moon
If you're sad, then I'll crack jokes
And make you laugh
Laughing and singing this way
I'll walk four steps with you.
☺☻
~"Chaar Kadam" from PK..

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:46 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❧Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Hobbit Hideout - Front Counter Area
xxx❧Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Galen the Incredible Rainbow-Boy!
xxxx❧Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Opening Weekend!
xxxxx❧Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? It's so cool he came!

Tzuki was already quite busy, thanks in part to her advertising to the students of Hogwarts. Of course, it was still early in the day. Not too early for Theo to have brought over a big plate of fancily made cookies, but he also started baking before dawn.... like a crazy person. Tzu tapped down the counter, carefully trying to clean up the place a bit. A few people had come in so far, but not enough that it was busy or anything.

When the door chimed, Tzuki said her little greeting, then carefully went back to cleaning, now working with putting dice sets in their home under the counter. Someone called her name, so Tzu slowly bobbed her head, trying to determine the source of the sound. "No way that's my favorite rainbow-boy?" She laughed out after he said it was Galen.

She walked around the counter, careful not to hit her side on the boxes there (as she'd already done thrice). Once out, she was close enough to hear Galen clearly. He congratulated her, so Tzuki did an exaggerated bow... curtsy... thing. "Thank you! It's been a lot of hard work, but I'm glad it's finally open. My dad helped a bunch with the decor, so if it looks nice, that's him. If it looks terrible... well. I can't tell." Another laugh escaped as she turned her head slowly to try and narrow down where her friend was actually standing. That was going to be her biggest challenge, especially on busy days or days with game tournaments. It could be really hard to locate people.

Her hands shook a bit, trying to feel her way about. "Oh, here. Have a cookie. Theo from the bakery across the street made them for our opening weekend. He says they're shaped like game... things, but I haven't had enough chance to investigate." She turned a bit, tapping on the counter behind her. The cookies should be somewhere nearby. At least she trusted Galen to not do anything crazy.

{{Wearing :: Orange and Yellow}}
          addaellis

Oʜ, ʜᴏɴᴇʏ ᴘɪᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴄʀᴀᴢʏ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟɪᴋᴇᴅ sᴡᴇᴇᴛs ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ʏᴏᴜ sᴜɢᴀʀᴄᴏᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ᴛᴇᴇᴛʜ
          I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴜs, ʙᴜᴛ ᴄᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴇᴇʟ?
          Cᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴇᴇʟ, ᴄᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴇᴇʟ? Mʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ's ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍʙᴜsᴛ?
          Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴜ ᴅᴏ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴜ ᴀᴄᴛ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴜ ᴍᴏᴠᴇ. Iᴛ's ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʜʏᴘɴᴏᴛɪᴢɪɴɢ, ᴜ ɢᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙᴇᴀᴛ ʀɪsɪɴɢ
          I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, I sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ ᴍᴏʀᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ I'ᴍ ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ, ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ, ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ, ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴄᴀɴᴅʏ sᴛᴏʀᴇ
          Wɪᴛʜ ᴀ sᴜɢᴀʀ ʀᴜsʜ, sᴜ-sᴜ-sᴜɢᴀʀ ʀᴜsʜ! Wɪᴛʜ ᴀ sᴜɢᴀʀ ʀᴜsʜ, sᴜ-sᴜ-sᴜɢᴀʀ ʀᴜsʜ
          'Cᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ɴᴏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ᴀʟʟ I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ɪs ᴀ sᴜɢᴀʀ ʀᴜsʜ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:10 pm

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

Adventurer's Guild chronicler || Art Club cartoonist || Creature Appreciation Club enthusiast

“You know it!” Galen laughed, making his way towards Tzuki as she turned her head towards him. ”Well, I’ve fot to say, well done Mr. Zhao-Jennings!” he paused, realizing that probably wasn’t how it went. ”Err, well done to him. It looks great. The color tones are warm and cozy, which helps bring the space in a bit for how spacious it is.”

Galen identified the box of cookies. ”Mr. Ellis-Hall from For Goodness Bakes?” he clarified, happy that the Hobbit Hideout had received such a warm welcome from the nearby shops. ”Yeah, looks like we’ve got some card-decorated iced sugar cookies, some meeple brownies, and this looks like…character cake pops? Not sure which…oh! It’s the hobbits from Lord of the Rings, of course!”

He took a card cookie and split it, holding it out to drop into her hand. ”Wanna split the three of diamonds with me?”

setting Soon after the opening of the Hobbit Hideout in March 2060 || with Tzuki

Cinnabun Gryffie

I'll spread the shade
And make you laugh
☺☻
~"Chaar Kadam" from PK..

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:17 pm
User ImageUser Image

Tzuki was glad Galen seemed in high spirits. He always had been a sweet guy. After mentioning her dad helping with setup, Galen wished the man a thanks. "He's just Jennings. Zhao came from my mom. She wanted me to keep a part of her." Tzuki nodded, though her soft smile never left. Luckily for her, the color scheme was explained in terms she could connect with. Warm and cozy, brings together the space. "It is a big building, isn't it? I've had to perimeter walk several times and I'm sure I'll keep running into things. But that's just me forever, isn't it?" She added a laugh, hoping it kept her friend from being worried.

She offered over the cookies, which Galen took to investigating. Tzuki set her hand on the counter, trying to make sure she didn't run into anything... including Galen. "No way, really? That's awesome. Theo said he had another surprise for me on the first official Hogsmeade weekend, but who knows what he's talking about. Not me. He said I was wearing orange and asked if I wanted a citrus day... which I still don't understand." She laughed again, ever happy about the support she was getting from all sides.

Galen offered half a cookie, so Tzu held out her hand to accept. Once she had the cookie, she took a nibble, humming happily. "If I'm living this close to the bakery, I'm gonna gain a million pounds. These are really good cookies." She nodded happily, her hair bobbing a bit with the motion. Plus, if she had friends in and around the school, life would be nice. Her current goal was making friends with the other shop owners (and especially those with restaurants) for a bit more of a community. Plus, she wasn't the greatest cook, so being friendly with the restaurants was just smart thinking.

addaellis

Oʜ, ʜᴏɴᴇʏ ᴘɪᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴄʀᴀᴢʏ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟɪᴋᴇᴅ sᴡᴇᴇᴛs ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ʏᴏᴜ sᴜɢᴀʀᴄᴏᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ᴛᴇᴇᴛʜ
          I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴜs, ʙᴜᴛ ᴄᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴇᴇʟ?
          Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴜ ᴅᴏ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴜ ᴀᴄᴛ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴜ ᴍᴏᴠᴇ. Iᴛ's ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʜʏᴘɴᴏᴛɪᴢɪɴɢ, ᴜ ɢᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙᴇᴀᴛ ʀɪsɪɴɢ
          I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, I sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ ᴍᴏʀᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ I'ᴍ ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ, ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ, ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ, ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴄᴀɴᴅʏ sᴛᴏʀᴇ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:26 am

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

”Oh neat! Galen remarked, wondering if there was more of a story there. Ah, but there would be time to ask more. Tzuki continued, remarking that it was a big building and she had to walk the perimeter a couple more times. She joked that she’d probably still keep running into things and knowing she was joking and comfortable with it, he chuckled as well.

”If he’s the one making them, I’ll betcha it’s a tasty surprise at least,” Galen speculated. He’d stopped by For Goodness Bakes nearly every Hogsmeade weekend for at least a small snack– he’d tried his hand at baking some of them and gotten pretty decent at making simple baked goods , but there was still something extra magical about the confectionaries at For Goodness Bakes. Plus the master baker always had some unique flavors or adorable designs Galen couldn’t replicate. He pondered the remark about a citrus day and tried to explain. ”I’m guessing he meant your dress? It’s orange and yellow color, which are the same colors as orange and lemon fruits.”

Tzuki accepted the cookie and hummed happily at the taste. Galen agreed wholeheartedly. ”Oh yeah, everything there’s great. Are they catering for here?” Galen gestured at the cafe counter behind Tzuki before clarifying verbally: ”The Cafe, I mean. Are you stocking goods from For Goodness Bakes or baking them separately?”

He looked around again, at the wide open space, the cafe counter, and the currently-empty gaming tables. It had seemed perfectly natural before, that Tzuki could run the entire place by herself since she could do everything involved. But everything at once? ”Hey, would you need an extra hand around here? I mean, I guess it'd not be for a couple months, but I don’t have any concrete plans post-graduation yet. ”

I'll spread the shade
And make you laugh
☺☻
~"Chaar Kadam" from PK..

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:39 pm
User ImageUser Image

Tzuki nodded a bit when Galen simply told her the little story of her surnames was neat. Perhaps at some point, she'd tell him the tragic tale... but today was a happy day, and she wanted to keep the conversation nice and happy. She changed the topic to Theo, and Galen said the surprise would be tasty. "Oh, most certainly. I went by there this morning and he gave me a really big cinnamon roll, fresh out of the oven. If you've never had one. I very much recommend it." She grinned, happy to already be friendly with at least a few neighbors.

"Oranges... are orange. That makes sense. But I thought it was another 'eggplant' situation. Did you know they don't look anything like eggs? And they're purple? Who named these things." She laughed happily, sure Galen was already aware of the terrible naming situation. "But now we have to know. Which came first, the citrus or the color? The world may never know." A shake of her head, partially in a sarcastic silliness, and partially to subtly relocate her surroundings.

As the two shared their cookie, Galen asked if For Goodness Bakes was catering the cafe. "I am so glad you asked! And the answer is... no, but also kind of. Sara, my wonderful friend there, she made the cookies and brownies herself. But, if you ever want to sit a table, you can order a treat box from For Goodness Bakes. And they'll deliver for only 2 sickles. There should be a little stack of their menus on the counter somewhere. But that was actually Theo's idea to get both of us a little more business. Because no game session is complete without some lovely snacks."

Tzuki was thinking a moment about having her dad put marks on the floor where tables and chairs should go at the end of the sessions, if only to prevent Tzuki from having more bruises than she usually had walking around. Then again, usually Frankie was good at letting her know when she was about to run fully into a wall.... whenever he wasn't sound asleep, anyway. Then again, the poor guy was still mourning the loss of his friend. Then again, so was Nim, so Tzuki would continue trying to cheer up her friend.

Her thoughts were jarred by Galen's next question. "You want to help out around here? I mean. I'd really appreciate any help. Especially since we're probably going to be insane on Hogsmeade Weekends. After all, it's free to play any of the games here. Plus I've had interest from some group called the 'Adventurer's Guild'. Whoever they are." She did little finger quotes, though she couldn't keep the smile off her face. The club had been some of her closest friends her last few years of school, after all.

addaellis
          #CD2682

Hogsmeade

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff