[PRP] Teens Up Top [FINISHED]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:59 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Menelie
It was late afternoon when Moonflower made her way up to her and Khelek's secret hangout spot in the Branches. She gave a little wave at the farmers as she passed them, then dropped down into a little nook just big enough for some teens.

Seems like she'd beaten Khelek here. Ah well, time to see what Mom had packed for snacks. She always insisted on sending snacks with Moonflower when she came up here, and while the idea was completely embarrassing, it wasn't like she was gonna say no to food. She opened her satchel and opened one of the two fabric parcels--the other would be for Khelek--to see what was inside. Looked like...a small round of bread, a sliced apple, and a wedge of cheese. She brought this last one to her nose and sniffed, smiling at the sharp aroma. She tied the parcel back up and tucked it back into her bag, then yawned and stretched.

Moonflower always felt most energized at night, which perhaps shouldn't have been surprising considering her Papa. But late afternoon like this, when the sun was starting to turn golden and everything was warm? Oh, it made her want to nap. And so she might have been dozing--just a little--when Khelek finally showed up.

Daisicle
Khelek kept his feathered wings folded down behind him as he traversed the staircases up and up to the Tree's Branches. While his demeanor was otherwise the neutrality of an otherwise aloof, teenaged boy, his tail wagged more and more as he reached the top.

As was usual for them since they'd gotten old enough to hang without the adults around, he was meeting up with Moony in their secret base of sorts to just sort of vibe and do nothing but ******** around. Today he was bringing a ball to pass or kick or... meh... do something with?

Probably pass around.

With a flick of his wrist in acknowledgement of the usual set of farmers, he deftly traversed to their spot and let himself in without the difficulty required in his younger years. They'd really fixed the place up with some cushions and fabrics (man had Alba given his father way too many when they were all younger) and other bits of memorabilia.

Noticing his bestie was taking a mid-afternoon nap, he did as any sensible friend would do and chucked the ball he'd brought right onto her abdomen. "Yo dumbass, it's not even dinner yet." He meant that in the most affectionate way possible, which he conveyed with a smirk upon her waking up and looking over at him.... oh, her mom made snacks? Lit.

Menelie
Moonflower woke with a start, then grumpily chucked the ball back at him. "Earthmother's tits, Khelek, don't do that!" Then she whacked him with her satchel for good measure. "Walnut-breath," she added under her breath, crossing her arms in a pout.

As always, Moonflower looked immaculately put together, but she never looked like she put any effort into her appearance. She'd also deny paying attention to her looks if asked. Perfectly effortless, effortlessly perfect.

She yawned and stretched, sitting up very straight and arching her back, and raising her arms over her head. Her leafy wings fluttered as they also stretched. "So like...Phlox and Hemlock have been talking about, like, jobs? And like....they can't make us get jobs, right? We're still kids, like, that ain't right."

Daisicle
Khelek cackled as he deftly caught the ball with one hand - his cousin would have been proud - only to actually be bonked by the satchel in his hubris. Sheesh, she could really throw something!

Sheeeeeeesh.

He tossed the ball back at her - making sure she was aware it was coming this time - as he made a face. "Wait, they -want- to get jobs? Like, who does that..." He paused as a certain dark brown sibling came to mind - yeah, he'd get a job early. "Actually, drop that. But like, eww. No thanks. I'm like finding myself and s**t still...?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:00 am
Menelie
"Honestly," agreed Moonflower, relaxing to rest against the back of the nook. She caught the ball and lobbed it back at him, then tucked her hooves under herself cozily. "Like, even if I was an adult, which, no thanks honestly, I wouldn't know what I would want to do. Definitely not the same thing as either of my parents, though. Hard pass on that s**t." Although being active at night like her father seemed a slightly more fitting choice for her personal lifestyle, Moonflower was wholly uninterested in being part of the night watch. And working the boiler like mom? Yikes. Too hot and too dirty.

Daisicle
Khelek caught the ball and flicked it in front of him, glancing at it as it spun in the air before he got a grip again. "Yeahhhhhh, being an adult seems, like, a major pain. Miss me with that." Another air flick. "Actually, tbqh (acronym spelled out loud) I don't even know what my dad does - never asked, don't really care."

With an underhand toss, the ball was back in her court, so to speak.

Then he moved to a sort of bean bag chair-equivilent and sat down.

Menelie
Moonflower caught the ball and held it thoughtfully for a moment. "Yeah, I dunno why I brought it up." It was a topic she'd want to tease apart at some point, but if Khelek wasn't feeling it, she didn't want to push it much further.

"Hey, d'you want something to eat? Mom packed snacks, as usual." She held up her satchel with one hand.

Daisicle
Khelek slouched down into the chair with appalling posture as he waved a hand dismissively. "We got time... No need to, like, go rushing forward or anything. We'll get older when we get older, whether we like it or not."

What a profound set of words from the teenaged mind.

His ears perked upwards and twitched toward her before he sat up a bit straighter. "Oh hekken yeah, I'm, like, always so friggin hungry you have, like, no idea. An your mom always knows what to make."

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:01 am
Menelie
"Mm, well, listen to you, ya little philosopher," she teased.

"Earthmother's hooves, me too," agreed Moonflower about being hungry. She lobbed the ball back to Khelek so she'd have both hands free to get into her satchel. "As usual she's bundled them up so we don't hafta fight over who gets what." She pulled out the two fabric-wrapped snack bundles and tossed one to him.

"I snuck a peek while I was waiting for you, looks like bread and apples and cheese today." A nice hearty snack before dinner. She unwrapped hers and started nibbling on the cheese immediately. It was crumbly and salty and kinda funky and just....delicious.

Daisicle
"Well I'm a 'growing young man,' so ofc I'm hungry but you..." He gave her a one-over, his tail tapping to the side and his hand coming to hold his chin as he considered her figure against his own ideal. "Nah, actually, you could use more meat on ya. You aren't ever gonna get a man if you stay a twig like your mom. But I will take the bread." Which he swiped before halfway closing the satchel and tossing it back to her.

Menelie
Moonflower snorted derisively at this comment, but she did also blush. Like many pae her age, she was quite concerned with how she was perceived, and if Khelek thought she was skinny? Well that certainly wouldn't do. However, it was also important for her to appear always unbothered.

"First of all, rude. Second of all, if you keep badmouthing my mom I'm gonna tell her to stop packing you snacks." She caught the bundle and emptied its contents into her own. "Thirdly, since when are you concerned about my figure?" She shot him a look with a dramatically raised eyebrow. "What, d'you like like me or somethin'?" she teased. She knew that would needle him.

"Never gonna say no to more cheese, though, so your loss." Hopefully it'd go right to her hips.

Daisicle
Khelek smirked as he caught the subtleties that showed he'd gotten to her, at least a little. Booyah. She'd be a lot cuter if she acted like that in front of the others more - heck, Chaim or Randir would probably fall all over it if she did.

But that was also gross. Yek.

"Nah man. You know your mom's figure's, like, too much like a light pae'il. Like I'm not gonna say she shouldn't be here like some of the oldies, but deffff not my type." He nibbled into the bread as he relaxed, seemingly unperturbed that, by all accounts, he was far, far from a typically-presenting faun himself.

"Look, I just don't wanna be stuck listening to you whine when your other friends start hooking up and you decide you care."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:01 am
Menelie
"Can we stop talking about my mom?" said Moonflower impatiently, perhaps a little too loudly, cheeks flushed. She cleared her throat and then calmly folded the fabric that Khelek's snack had been wrapped in and tucked it into her satchel again.

"You don't gotta worry about me," she then assured him, resuming her snack as if nothing had happened. "I could hook up with anyone I wanted." She raised her eyebrows and shrugged innocently. "Randir's pretty cute, maybe I'll ask him out sometime." She'd avoided making eye contact with him, but here at the end she snuck a glance to see if her comment had needled as intended.

Daisicle
Moony's whining was met with a s**t-eating grin and a few chuckles as he kept eating bread, raising a brow as she continued. "Bet?" Oh, lmao. He laughed and waved his hand dismissively. "Yeah, I think Randir would fall for any girl our age talking to him tho... And then you'd be stuck with him following you around like a lost puppy."

Menelie
Moonflower bristled as he wasn't even fazed. Khelek and his damned confidence. Well, this girl wasn't a quitter. She put her hoof down, metaphorically, and doubled-down. "Well that's good, maybe then I can eat what I want without commentary. Ooh, maybe we'll get married!" She exclaimed, cupping her cheeks with her hands and batting her eyelashes. "Then you'd never be able to get rid of me, 'cuz I'd be your sister." She leaned back in her seat again and threw an apple slice at him playfully

Daisicle
Bants? Here we go.

He placed his hands behind his head and shrugged. "Actually, you'd be good an rid of me at that point - unless you wanted faun thinking you were stringing poor Randir along. He's the type to fall for that." He gave a dramatically fake sigh and a shrug of the shoulders. "Oh my dear future sister-in-law, alas, I think this is the last of our hangouts. It's for the sake of your future happiness."

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:02 am
Menelie
"Oh no!" she exclaimed dramatically. "But I'll miss you so much! Even though you do stink horribly!"

Then, after a short silence, Moonflower couldn't take it anymore and burst out laughing in a "pfffft!" that dissolved into giggles. She fell over to one side, head toward Khelek, clutching the remains of her snack to her belly so the apples wouldn't go everywhere.

When the giggles subsided, she shifted so she was lying on her back and grabbed a pillow to put under her head. "Can you imagine? Marriage, bwuh." She shuddered. "Gross." She tore off a piece of her bread and stuck a hunk of cheese into it before popping it into her mouth.

Daisicle
Khelek's own serious demeanor broke soon after hers, and he grabbed the sides of his stomach as he laughed. It quietly subsided as she moved closer and he shifted to accommodate her new laying position.

"Man, we're, like, -way- too young to think about any of that nonsense. Jobs and marriage - hekken no. Nopperoni. Miss me with all that."

"That stuff just chains you down. Makes you do stuff you don't wanna. Commitments, man... No thanks. I'll take my life without that."

Menelie
"Way too much responsibility," agreed Moonflower. She put her hooves down on the seat, bending her knees to create a small area to contain the rest of her snack, and to be lounging more comfortably. "None of that, thanks."

"Anyway," she continued after a moment, "Anything interesting going on in your world? Everything's so boring at my alcove." She tipped her head back so she was looking at him, albeit upside-down.

Daisicle
Khelek's expression said it all. "Nah, literally nothing interesting at all. It's just boring a.f. Like, maaaaan, I wish we could get out some, see the sights." A pause. "maybe your sibs want jobs cause they're bored too...?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:03 am
Menelie
Moonflower perked up with a sudden idea. "Hey! Maybe our parents will let us go to Breeheart now that we're older!" she said. "Like maybe if we went together and brought our brothers?" Now that would be exciting. "Their sweets are so good they made my parents fall in love!" This was....probably a an oversimplification of what had happened, but it sure made a good story.

Daisicle
Khelek grimaced. "Maybe -your- parents would let you go, but there's no shot in the -Roots- my dad lets us out of the Tree. You know what happened to my gramps when he did, right? Locked up. Big trouble." He did leave out the fact that his cousin had left more recently than that, as had his dad - honestly, he probably just didn't know about it.

Menelie
"Hmm," said Moonflower, making a scrunched, sideways face. "Yeah now that I think of it my parents probably wouldn't let me go either. What if we got a grownup to come with us?" she suggested.

Daisicle
"You know of any?" Khelek slouched dramatically in a way that would probably result in chronic backpain in his adult years if he kept it up.

Menelie
"Nobody cool enough to not be a total wet blanket," grumped Moonflower. She rolled over onto her stomach, cradling her chin in her hands and kicking her hooves back and forth. "Wouldn't it be awesome, though?" she daydreamed aloud. "Chocolates and pastries and all kinds of sweets!"

Daisicle
Khelek was now in a slump that demonstrated a respectable degree of flexibility. "I wanna gooooooooo..." Le sigh

Menelie
The two continued to ooze further and further out of their seats as they whined about being bored and planned a completely fictitious trip to Breeheart, until it was time for dinner and they headed back down to their respective alcoves.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces