Submit

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mene
Izotz had intended to stay a few days in Koehaira before trying to meet the beautiful electric harpy again, but then the village had had some kind of ~festival~, which was just too much activity for him. So he'd gone home for a couple weeks to the City. Here he was able to work again, earn some coin, and continue his research into the bird pae that had so captured his affections.

It seemed every other thought he had was of her. He wanted to bring her a gift. But he agonized over what it should be. He wouldn't be himself if he didn't massively overthink this. Should he bring her food? He didn't want to imply that she couldn't hunt for herself. But maybe it would be received as buying someone dinner on a first date. Izotz flushed at the idea of anything resembling a date. He could bring her jewelry, something beautiful to adorn herself with. But that didn't seem appropriate for their second meeting. But maybe it would please her?

In the end, though, he recalled Valko's suggestion to bring food, and decided to go with that. So he'd made his way back down to Koehaira, paid for a room at the inn, and headed straight back out to the forest. He caught a pair of rabbits, somewhat awkwardly, but they'd at least been clean kills. Izotz strung them together with twine so he could carry them, then made his way to where he remembered her nest being. As he walked, he rehearsed what he wanted to say, how he'd start the conversation, remembering to phrase his words simply and speak slowly.

Dai
Peregrine was taking a nap high in the branches in her own special nest, filled with fresh leaves and grasses and woven with living vines. There was little in the way of dried materials - those were easily ignited by a spark, after all... Something she'd learned in her teen years. In the nest, she lay on her back, her long hair unkempt and falling from the sides.

Mene
Izotz squinted against the sunlight. She wasn't in the spot she'd been in the last time. Perhaps she was elsewhere? Hm, he hadn't anticipated this. "Hello?" he called, somewhat half-heartedly. He wasn't sure what he'd do if she was gone. He wished he'd gotten her name the last time they'd met.

Dai
From up above Izotz - not directly, but nearby - his voice cut through the canopy and caught her sleeping attention. Peregrine sat straight up, her hair this way and that, as she quickly identified the location of the noise and moved to the closest side of her nest to find it.

There she found the strange one from some time ago, from before the village became noisy, then quiet again.

Her body relaxed once she realized he was the only addition to her territory (he's a non-threat after all). Curious, she quietly watched, wondering what in the forest he was doing this time.

Mene
Izotz thought he heard something, and turned around a few times to try and find the source. But it had been a small sound, and it was gone now. So what now? He sighed, blowing a puff of air up toward his bangs. Maybe she was out hunting? Couldn't hurt to wait for a while. Although he'd have to freeze these rabbits before long so they wouldn't go rancid.

He found a sturdy-looking tree trunk and sat down with his back against it. He stuck the stick he'd tied the rabbits to into the ground so they'd stay clean. From this new vantage point, he thought he could see another nest, higher up than he'd looked before. He shaded his eyes against the afternoon sun and peered up. Was that a figure he saw, or were his eyes playing tricks on him. "Hello?" he called again, a little louder and with slightly more purpose.

Dai
Peregrine watched intensely as he internally monologued and moved to sit, scarcely even blinking all the while. What was he doing walking around with two kills? Was he not going to eat them? What a strange male...

To his calling, she gave off a little spark of electricity from her nest, but otherwise played coy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:24 pm
Mene
Izotz gasped audibly. "You are up there!" he exclaimed, jumping to his feet. Now his heart was racing again. "Could you come down? I've brought you something!"

Dai
Peregrine moved forward in her nest, such that her hair, further made unkempt by the previous static, fell sporadically around her shoulders and otherwise framed her head.

"Yes, I am here." She returned... Albeit a bit softly considering the distance.

She looked him up and down, and ever so slightly tilted her head. "Why come down for you? I see no gift."

Mene
"Ah! Yes, a gift!" Izotz exclaimed. He retrieved the rabbits and held them aloft. Could he fly up there and give them to her? Of course. Did he think to do that, in this moment? Not even a little. Her hair in a messy halo around her head had him feeling weak at the knees. How he wished to comb through it with his fingers!

Dai
Peregrine squinted her eyes before pouting. "That's no gift - that's two rabbits." She huffed a little, almost insulted he thought she'd like corpses as a present.

Mene
Izotz visibly deflated. Whyyy could he never do anything right the first time? He looked at the rabbits. Perhaps they were a bit small. Well, he was nothing if not persistent. "Um, a snack, then," he amended, holding them up again. "A little token, and a promise to bring you something more to your liking--" he paused and shook his head. Too flowery. "A promise to bring you something better later."

Dai
After a moment, Peregrine returned his sentiment with a single nod. "Yes, they will work for snack." She disappeared from his view for probably a bit uncomfortably long, but when her head popped back out, her hair had been returned to a mostly-neat braid. She moved to sit on the edge of her nest and, with a swing of her legs, jumped down. Her wings opened up just before the floor to dampen the impact.

Looking down at him, she held out her hand for her snack.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:26 pm
Mene
Izotz was temporarily stunned by watching her descend. Seeing her wings open like that threatened to rob him of the ability to speak.

Oh thank Guardians she'd accepted his gift. Snack. Whatever. Hurriedly he untied the rabbits and gave them over to her. "I'm glad to meet you again," he said. "I'm Izotz...what is your name?" He rubbed his palms together nervously.

Dai
Peregrine received the rabbits, then handed one back to Izotz - she only wanted one for a snack. She used a claw to quickly skin off some fur from it's back leg and sniffed it before looking back at Izotz.

"Peregrine."

Then without hesitation she took a bite out of its back leg and began chewing the raw meat. Huh... No blood? That was weird...

Mene
Peregrine. He finally had a name to go with her beautiful face. Izotz couldn't help a smile. He tied the rabbit she'd given back to him back to the stick. "Thank you. I can't eat it without cooking," he explained, pointing to his teeth. They'd need to be much sharper if he was to eat meat raw. He touched the rabbit again and it slowly froze solid. That ought to keep it fresh until he could cook it.

"I want to bring you a gift. What do you like?" he inquired.

Dai
Peregrine rolled her eyes and huffed again as he refused to join her in her snack - typical village pae, how rude. But the freezing... now that caught her attention. She blinked, furrowed her brow, and leaned in close. Not to him, per say, but to the rabbit. She sniffed the ice and furrowed her brow, confused by the cold coming off of it. "What is this? What did you do to the rabbit?"

Mene
Izotz grinned, extremely chuffed she had taken some kind of interest in him. "I froze it--made it very cold. It's magic I can do. It will keep the meat from rotting until I can cook it--make it very hot. It makes the meat soft so I can eat it."

Dai
Peregrine poked at the ice, only to quickly pull back in response to the cold n** on her fingertip. She then pouted - the ice was unpleasant to touch! Zippity zap - she shocked the ice... but did it actually do anything?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:27 pm
Mene
Izotz jumped backward at the electric discharge. Guardians! Oh. She hadn't shocked him, just the rabbit. Although...

He peered at the now-steaming rabbit. Had that...cooked it? He took out his knife and carefully cut the skin off the animal. Sure enough....was it particularly well-done? No, but it would allow him to share the snack with Peregrine.

Heh. Peregrine. Somehow knowing her name felt so intimate, so personal. His heart swelled.

"It looks like you cooked it. Thank you," he ducked his head and tucked into the meat. He would've liked some herbs to go with it, but what could you do, out here in the forest. Good enough.

"I do want to bring you a gift," he repeated. "What do you like?"

Dai
Peregrine hadnt intended to do anything to the effect of cooking the rabbit, but if it allowed Izotz to keep eating with her... Well, at least she wouldn't have reason to be offended anymore.

She swallowed her mouthful before looking at him, then pursing her lips in thought - what did she like?

"Feathers... Soft grass. Village drink. Berries. Morning wind. Clouds in sky." Perhaps some of that would be useful?

Mene
This list was...a trifle more vague than perhaps Izotz had been hoping. Although "village drink" probably meant wine from Koehaira, which he could procure easily enough. He finished the rabbit and looked around awkwardly for what to do with the bones and entrails. He would've liked to make a soup from the bones, or something, but he hadn't brought anything to carry them back with. Ah well.

"I hope you'll permit me--" he stopped and shook his head. Why was he like this? "Can I see you again sometime?"

Dai
Rrrrip, there went a leg off the rabbit, which she continued to eat as he thought about her profound words. This meat was strange in the way it had grown cool and not bled, but not bad. Interesting.

Oh, he was chatting again, so she was answering again.

"I live in the forest. If you find me, then you see me. If you do not, then you cannot."

Mene
Peregrine's words actually made Izotz blush. He chuckled nervously and scratched the back of his neck. It somehow felt like an invitation. "I'll take that," he said, smiling.

He finished his snack (although for Izotz it was closer to a meal) with Peregrine. As they ate he attempted to make conversation, which was met with the same sorts of answers as before. While she wasn't exactly a scintillating conversationalist, nevertheless her responses were charming to Izotz and endeared her to him even more. When it was time to go, he made what he thought was a lightly romantic wave before heading back to town. He was already planning what kind of proper gift to bring her the next time he ventured into the forest.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items