Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Moore Italian ~ Open & Hiring Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:00 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
23 years || Slytherin alum || muggleborn
Professor of Wizard Law
Staff member in the International Confederation of Wizards

August felt a weight vanish off his shoulders as he stepped into Moore Italian. Between work and wedding and his cousins’ home burning down in winter, August had spent quite some time either here or at Rion’s tavern. He picked a table in the corner where there would be plenty of room for him and Aldrick to work on.

“Hey Brook. Is Aldrick already here?”

When Aldrick arrived, August waved a little. “I think I understand why you wanted to meet outside today,” he remarked. They visited regularly at Lizzie and Aldrick’s home in Sterling, or at his and Rhea’s home in Scarborough. Despite the bustle of other customers, it was nowhere near as clamorous as having little Liam and Lark Knapp running around.

“Can you take a look at these?” August started, handing over a binder of notes and lesson plans–all beautifully color-coded by his dear wife (his wife!). There was a syllabus, lesson plans and homework assignments prepped in typical Auggie-detail for the first three weeks for each year. Draft rubrics, mock exams, and a whole section of notes on developmental learning for 14-17 year olds. “Do you think I should have sample assignments for them, or is a rubric enough? What about reading notes? Rhea helped me look through sample exams for the fifth and seventh years, but another set of eyes would be great. Am I missing anything?

“What about you? I don’t know anything about Cursebreaking but am happy to help any way I can,”
August stretched a little and slouched, contemplating the binder over his tea.

“There’s still so much left to do! So little time!”

setting Moore Italian, Summer 2055 || with Aldrick Knapp
appearance 5'9", 157 lbs, glasses || wearing Black frog-button jacket and black slacks. I have so much prep work to do still!/color]

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Is this feeling something real
or will it disappear?
Was this lovely song I hear
ever heard before?
Are your eyes confessing things
I alone can see?
or is my imagination
flying away with me?

~"Are We Dancing" from "The Happiest Milionaire".

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
☽Aldrick✩Knapp☾
Cursebreaking Professor Dad of Four

▬▬ "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."▬▬

Aldrick was running late. It could hardly be avoided, he had to pull little Peggy off of his pants leg to even get out the door. He had almost considered bringing her with him, Brook would have loved to spend some time with her niece. But no, he had been very forward with August about meeting outside of the house without the little kids. He walked in, carrying a small binder of things. They had plans to go over each other's coursework, and frankly Aldrick didn't have the much. He figured he would use the inevitable amount of work that August had done, as inspiration to finish his own work.

He saw August and walked straight to him, Brook would come over eventually, she looked busy dealing with other people. "Hey August, it's weird that this is quieter than actually being at our houses." He laughed as he took August's binder of notes. Aldrick was very impressed, and felt significantly under prepared. "Well, I don't think you need sample assignments, just a rubric should be fine." He started flipping through the binder, and was amazed by all the work he had in there, "If they need more clarification, that's what office hours are for. Plus, after a few years you'll acquire sample assignments, from the kids you've taught."

Brook brought over some tea for Aldrick, stuck her tongue out at them, and was about to say something when the door bell rang, signaling another customer. She held her finger out to her brother and friend, and went to go serve people who weren't related to her.

"Anyway, I'll keep looking through this. I..know which spells I want to teach each year? Some fun stories to tell the first few weeks of school to get them used to me. But I hadn't even thought of getting a syllabus or rubric for them. Do you think they're going to need that? Should I work on one?"

He turned the pages in August's binder, still working through the third year Law, this seemed like a lot of information, but Law was that, and August had several years of experience with that. "Oh by the way, Sounds like Hogwarts is going to have quite a few new professors this year. Lucky us, huh? No one will know what they're doing. As long as we make it through the first few weeks without seeming like idiots, I think we'll be fine."

▬▬ "And I finally found that love in Elizabeth Spektor." ▬▬

Where: Moore Italian
With Whom: August
Thinking about: This is a lot of work.
Aldrick Description: 5'10" Blond 23 year old with gorgeous eyes.
Wearing: idk clothes?

addaellis

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:01 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
Professor of Wizard Law

Aldrick remarked that somehow being at a bustling restaurant was less stressful than being at their homes. August nodded; It was certainly ironic. But also…comforting, that they had a space outside of home to relax.

They got to work efficiently. Aldrick remarked that a rubric was probably find, and that he would collect sample assignments from the students themselves. ”That…is very good! A genuine example is much more meaningful than a mock.” Also less work! Whew!

”I always think a syllabus is essential,” August replied. ”It sets up the learning goals and is a good go-to for readings and assignments. I was planning to use a Protean charm so that if the students will receive the updated version as soon as it was updated, then announce any changes in class. I have a lot of reading and writing though, so it makes it easier for that.” He looked over and nodded at his own syllabus. ”As for rubrics…for writing assignments it makes sense. Particularly for the younger students. Older students should know what quality work is without as much guidance. But from a grading standpoint it does seem more fair to have one.”

He pondered the question a little longer. ”Actually, speaking of grading rubrics, I understand you cursebreakers read and write a lot of case studies and reports? So maybe if you have a generic report rubric? Otherwise I suppose it has to do with how you are grading them.” His face remained the same, but to an old friend, the relief in his shoulders was palpable. August was glad everything in his class could be broken into easy, straightforward rubrics: from presentations to essay, there were only a few adjustments he’d have to specify for a specific assignments. ”Something like rubrics for spellcasting…it’s possible, but you’d have to tailor-make each rubric to the spell, context, and grade level.”

August flipped through Aldrick’s relatively more sparse binder of notes. As he mentioned, Aldrick had the spells he wanted to teach, and anecdotes noted. August could guess a few of the stories from their talking about work stories over the last few years, but Aldrick had notes connecting the anecdotes to the content that made him nod his head with a thoughtful frown. ”I like these stories,” he remarked. ”It’s a good way to ground the learning in something memorable. And it suits you.” he wondered if he could do something similar. Perhaps he could assign a few of the books analyzed in Law and Literature? (He did love that book and had been looking for ways to incorporate it in an interesting manner!)

August took another sip of tea as Aldrick remarked that there would be several new professors. ”The Department has had a few personnel shifts as well,” he remarked. ”We’ve got a delegate stepping down unexpectedly, their entire team retiring or resigning…anyways, new professors. That’s upsetting. We’ll all be scrambling to get advice from the same senior teachers, and newer professors means a harder time for the students.” August pursed his lips the slightest and looked up from Aldrick’s binder. ”What else did you hear?”

appearance 5'9", 157 lbs, glasses || wearing Black frog-button jacket and black slacks. I have so much prep work to do still!/color]

or will it disappear?
ever heard before?
I alone can see?
or is my imagination
flying away with me?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:21 pm
☽Aldrick✩Knapp☾

▬▬ "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."▬▬

Aldrick wrote a note about the Protean charm, that would be useful if the had any changes that needed to be made in the future. Aldrick groaned at the talking of writing case studies and reports, "Writing reports was about 95% of my job. I was really hopeful that I'd get to do a lot more field work but it was maybe an adventure once every two months. It was rather boring. I dread having to read all the reports that these kids will have to write, it was hard enough reading the ones done by professionals that knew what they were talking about."

Aldrick realized that he would have a lot more work to do, just to get ready for this year, "I remember as kids, I said if I were a professor, I'd still have my freedom. Boy was I wrong." He wondered if being a professor would give him more time or less time to be with Lizzie and the kids. It would definitely keep him a little safer, but would all the time away from home while at Hogwarts be worth it?

"A lot of positions everywhere opening isn't it? Guess that's just how things roll, as new generations come in the old ones filter out. But, I don't think we'll be scrambling to get advice from the same senior teachers. We were highbred because we were all well versed in our fields. We've been hard at work the past 5 years, we've gotten something that a lot of people don't have or remember, field experience." he shuddered, "I don't think third years are going to be as horrifying as the last artifact I found."

He looked at his watch, as Brook came over with an extra large pizza, and a little side table to sit it on. "Here ya are boys. Extra Large Pizza with extra Mozzarella, mild cheddar, pepperoni, ham, bacon, garlic, and jalapeños." She groaned as another person came in, "I really hoped to sit with you guys and chat, but customers call." She sat a third cup down for them, as well as some more tea to re-fill their cups if they got empty. "Just let me know if you need anything else.

Aldrick smiled, "Thanks Brookie. As usual, he's running late, so, I guess he'll catch you later."

Brook nodded and ran off, and Alarick sighed and took a piece of the pizza, "I know we said it would just be us, but I found one of the applicants for the charms position and thought your dorky self might enjoy meeting him. I can't think of his job title, something in the ministry that keeps him busy."

He pointed his pizza toward August, "Speaking of ministry, how goes your work there? Are you going to keep up in the department, or step out with being a professor? There's no way I could do curse breaking and working with Hogwarts, so you know my decision, but I think you might be able to work out doing both. So?"

addaellis

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:11 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
Professor of Wizard Law

“Writing and reading is a fundamental skill no matter the career,” August replied gravely, adopting the same tone he used to use when recommending additional reading for Aldrick and Lizzie (how much of that had they actually read, Auggie wasn’t sure, but whatever the case they were both doing excellently for themselves.). He paused as Aldrick lamented having to read the reports that the kids would have to write and then remarked how wrong he was a kid thinking professors had so much more freedom. August smirked a little, his eyes vanishing into little slits as he remembered that memory. His expression returned to a thoughtful one after a moment.

”What if you set up a peer review kind of system? It would take some training, but you could have students exchange reports to read, edit, and grade.” August clicked a pen and pulled a legal pad out of his briefcase, drawing out a rough diagram. ”So you have a case report due this week. In class, you go over your expectations and key details. Then, as part of their homework the next week, the students exchange papers with someone and have to read and grade their peers. They recommend a grade for it, possibly including edits to what they think is O quality. Then you take a random sample of them and grade both versions yourself as a spot check. Just to make sure no one is just giving their friends Os.” August tapped the pen against the pad thoughtfully. ”My issue is that it means its nearly 4 weeks before they get feedback. That’s not good. Hmm. Maybe make the peer exchange part of the initial assignment? Not the first assignment of course.”

The conversation turned back to the new openings and personnel changes. Aldrick had a chipper look on things, saying they were only hired because they were well versed in their fields for the past five years. August wasn’t sure what to think. He had gotten this position almost by chance. He had heard Professor Evera was retiring, and she had asked Alarick Lorien for a recommendation. Apparently that had gotten pushed around the department and August had put his name forward as a volunteer to teach. He could hardly believe that Hogwarts would hire him when they had been looking for someone with a much more distinguished record like Mr. Lorien. But the interview seemed to have gone well, and he had confirmed the acceptance letter was authentic so…whatever it was.

Brook stopped by with an extra large surprise, listing off a half dozen toppings. ”Thanks, Brook. Don’t forget to take a break when you can,” he said as Brook took off again.

Aldrick mentioned that he had invited another person. ”Oh? I heard someone in my department was considering a career shift and applied to charms as well, but didn’t hear if they got it. Did your friend get the position?” Truth be told, August didn’t even know who exactly was the candidate. He had been more than busy with his own application and new work with all the staff team changes.

August set aside the binders and helped himself to a slice, trying to figure out how to keep all the toppings from falling. Aldrick asked if he was continuing at the ministry and August nodded seriously. ”Still a staff member. There’s been a team swap, but I’ll mostly be doing the same work. My new boss and I are meeting in a few weeks to finalize a schedule, but my proposal is I’ll mostly be working remotely from Hogwarts, and only in the office on Wednesdays and Saturday mornings if needed. All my classes are on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so if I have to be out of town for something, I’ll do that sometime between Friday and Monday. “ August turned the question back on Aldrick. ”You do have 4 kids to watch now. I heard some folks were leaving due to family reasons. It’s an issue. Did you already turn in your two weeks?”

or will it disappear?
ever heard before?
I alone can see?
or is my imagination
flying away with me?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:34 pm
☽Aldrick✩Knapp☾

Aldrick sighed, her would have to be sure to include at least 2 papers in his course work. Maybe one for mid year, and a second that complimented the first paper? He scribbled down a note. "I like that, gets less work that I need to read, and holds them accountable. Maybe we'll just do a few short sentences, and about halfway through the first part of the year, tell them of a massive writing assignment. Only to then inform them the smaller works they've been doing are all a part of the bigger picture. Oh yes, that'll prevent them from waiting last minute to start the large paper too. And cause some panic."

"I gave my two weeks the second I heard I got the position. It was nice to enjoy the summer with Lizzie and the kids. It'll be even better when I can pop home on the weekends, or at least know that I'll have all my limbs in tact when I do pop home on the weekends." He shuddered, thinking about how many times he thought he wasn't going to make it home. He wasn't going to miss that aspect of the job, but would miss the travel he did. Maybe when he was retired him and Liz could go on a grand adventure.

Aldrick smiled at August, "Yeah he did get the job." His sentence was followed with a frown, "Say August, did you ever meet my dad? I know he was always away traveling but I swear, you must have met him at some point. I know your lovely wife met him, but the girls were all just children when that happened."

addaellis

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:45 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
Professor of Wizard Law

Oh, making everything build up to one final paper was a good idea. August nodded, jotting the idea for himself. ”Maybe I could have them stitch a few assignments together to build a final project,” he considered out loud.

Aldrick, of course, had given his two weeks as soon as he got the Cursebreaking professorship. So that explained why Aldrick seemed to have so much more free time lately. August let a little sigh escape him– somehow those closest to him had decided to go for highly dangerous jobs–auror, cursebreaker, cursebreaker, magizoology, circus performer, hit wizard….only Mallaidh and Brook had quiet, safe positions. He couldn’t say anything about it, knowing they were happy and good at their work. But well..”I’m sure it’ll make your wife and kids happier when you aren’t risking life and limb on a daily basis,” he murmured.

”Congratulations then,” he replied. Aldrick frowned. ”Your dad? I don’t believe so. He was always out when I was around. Or I was always out when he miraculously remembered to check in.” What did this have to do with anything? August couldn’t say he had much to say about the elusive Mr. Knapp–aside from how irresponsible he seemed to be, always getting his wife pregnant and then running off somewhere else! For “work”. The bitter part of August was always surprised there hadn’t been an adultery scandal out of all this. He recalled Aldrick mentioning something about ministry-adjacent work, but that still didn’t excuse his piling children on his wife without being there to help her raise them. Mr. Knapp, as far August could tell, was only around to create the child–not even to see them born!. He had stopped by for the funeral when Deepak died. Deepak had DIED! And all he could do was pop by for a funeral, not even stick around to take care of his grieving children. He hadn’t been there when Aldrick got Lizzie pregnant before they were even out of school–although given Mr. Knapp had done the same to his own girlfriend at the time probably meant he wouldn’t have been a great influence on the matter anyways. He hadn’t been there for Lizzie and Aldrick’s wedding, or the birth of his grandchildren, or Brook and Gus’s opening of Moore Italian. Apparently, somehow, Mr. Knapp was a decent enough fellow when he was around, but August had certainly never met him, only seen the gaps–and children–he left behind.

Still, this was Aldrick’s father. August kept his expression and tone civil. ”Why, did you hear from him recently?”

appearance 5'9", 157 lbs, glasses || wearing Black frog-button jacket and black slacks.
statusmental rants about one Mr. Knapp

Stefan Lee Salvatore

or will it disappear?
ever heard before?
I alone can see?
or is my imagination
flying away with me?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:05 pm
☽Aldrick✩Knapp☾

"Oh, it'll make Liz happy, until she's ready to kill me for being in the house so much!" No such thing had come to pass yet, but Aldrick remembered when his dad would come home, when Aldrick was only a toddler, and his parents would get in screaming matches. It lead to Alarick never being home, and Aldrick could only hope that he wouldn't turn out just like his dad.

There was a redemption coming for his dad at least. "It's almost as if, I made him up or something. Gee August, why didn't you ever call me out for having an invisible dad. Never, let me be invisible in my kids lives okay? Hold me accountable to that. I don't know, punch me or give me a super long lecture if I become invisible, got it?" He...didn't know where that came from. That was not where he was going with this conversation, he was trying to make light of the conversation, to finally introduce his dad.

Alarick nodded, "Yeah, he's quit his job with the ministry, made quite a few issues happen because of the semi-abrupt change. I think they thought he'd be there for several more decades? Anyway, he decided he wanted to make things right with the little ones, actually be there for them, try to visit the grand kids more. It's kinda strange, but I think it'll work out."

The bell on the door rang again, and you could hear a groan coming from the kitchen, and something about wanting to eat her own pizza? Brook popped out from behind the counter and scree/yelled, "Daddy!" She ran over and hugged him, then drug him over to the table Aldrick and August were sitting at. Aldrick grabbed another piece of pizza, then slid over so his dad could sit (while Brook ran off again).

"Uh yeah, August this is my dad, Alarick. Dad, this is my best friend, August Li - he'll be teaching Wizarding Law."

addaellis

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:55 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
Professor of Wizard Law

Why Lizzie would ever kill Aldrick for being in the house so much was beyond August. It wasn’t like Aldrick didn’t have friends or didn’t go out. Plus he would have a job at Hogwarts! But Aldrick was rambling on already, talking about how he totally didn’t make up his dad and his dad totally wasn’t invisible. August pushed his glasses up and raised his eyebrows in skepticism, which turned wry as soon as Aldrick went on joking to punch him if he ever became an invisible dad to his own kids. ”As you wish,” he said with a smirk. ”If I ever feel your parenting is lacking, I will absolutely punch you again, Aldrick. You have my word.”

Aldrick went on, talking about how his dad had apparently caused quite a few issues–what else was new?-- at his work now. Yeah, August understood that. The department was in a bit of a fuss after Alarick Lorien not only stepped down from the Supreme Mugwump position so soon, but also quit the department entirely. There were rumors of bad blood, an assassination attempt, bribery from other nations– it was a moot point either way. The Minister of Magic would be submitting his recommendations for the position.

Brook’s voice suddenly tore through the diner with an excited squeal, and August looked over to see a familiar face enter and…come towards their table? August stood cautiously, his polite and civil work face sliding firmly into place as he wiped his fingers off on the napkin to greet the man properly.

Mr. Lorien sir, I didn’t know you were joining us.”

Aldrick slid over, grabbing another piece of pizza entirely too casually. ”Uh yeah, August this is my dad, Alarick.”

August was pretty sure his brain was short- circuiting as he put things together. ”Your….dad? Alarick Lorien is your father? Why didn’t you ever say anything? We work in the same department!” He turned to Alarick, his incredulity and suspicion leaking out through the seams of his tightly controlled civility. ”I suppose Lorien is a pen name? Or a family name? No wonder I never found anyone under Knapp. So..I supposed you’re the ‘friend’ who applied for the Charms position, sir? Congratulations…? I’m surprised you didn’t take the position in Wizard Law.”Or that you’re such a terrible–absent father, yet such a diligent ambassador. Brilliant in the conference room, absent in the living room. Of course. People really are never one consistent person. And Aldrick! Was this some kind of prank?! Why didn’t you say anything?!?!

appearance 5'9", 157 lbs, glasses || wearing Black frog-button jacket and black slacks.
statusmental rants about one Mr. Knapp Lorien

Stefan Lee Salvatore

or will it disappear?
ever heard before?
I alone can see?
or is my imagination
flying away with me?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:17 pm
☀Alarick ✐ Lorien-Knapp☀
Upper Charms Professor ✔ Father ✔ Former Supreme Mugwump ✔ 43 Years old

▬▬"There are things I want to do to be a better human being and a better father."▬▬

Alarick was trying to be there for all of his kids, including the ones that were already adults. When Aldrick reached out, asking if he would come meet him and his friend, another upcoming professor, Alarick accepted. However, he was working on his syllabus, he had a lot of work to do after leaving the Ministry. He wanted to put in as much detail about everything he expected from his students and have plenty of information so they would be able to have all the details for their work. This work, had lead him to lose track of time.

He went to Moore Italian, the joint Brook and her fiancé? Boyfriend? What WAS their relationship status? He would have to ask her later. He arrived, and was welcomed by Brook coming up to hug him. Alarick returned her hug, as she took him over to Aldrick and... was that Mr. Li?

Aldrick introduced them as Alarick leaned back, grabbing a slice of pizza, "Whale Hello there Mr. Li, Aldrick. I am surprised to see you here, I hadn't realized you were going to be going into the teaching field." August had a promising career in the Ministry, Alarick was proud that he was working outside of it though, it would give him a wider range of abilities. "Now Mr. Li, if you recall - my primary focus was on enforcing the laws, and studying and examining if witches and wizards were breaking those laws, within our reasonable guidelines. Now, this does range from Experimental Breeding, why just the day before I turned in my notice, I saw an elephant with butterfly wings for ears! It kept trying to fly away! Of course this had to be done by none other than Charmayanne! What other Wizarding breeder would do such a thing like mess with creatures that muggles watch so closely! But then, we also looked into Karen, blaming her employed house elf for stealing her wand, because the little elf had the wand that Karen had lost. I am still a firm believer that Karen just lost her wand and her house elf was merely returning the wand. No spells were cast, so no proof was there."

After taking a sip of water, he continued, "Of. course no ill legal items were allowed, were you there for the one that they thought had a curse on it? Turns out it was only the metal oxidizing, nothing magical going on there. No underage sorcery, of course that's only if it's knowingly done, if it's accidental, well every child has a temperatantrum. Say Aldrick, have your kiddos had any underage magic signs yet?"

Aldrick went to speak but Alarick shushed him, and kept on, not being done with his explanation of why he didn't do wizard law, "However, we can not forget that we do have the statue of secrecy, those who aren't magical can't know about us, of course that is unless they fall in love and are together. However, we also need to protect the muggles, those poor defenseless souls. How sad a life it must be to not have any true magic. With that though, comes some creature regulation, like clipping a tail of a Crup."

Aldrck frowned at that one, did he know that was a thing, surely he had heard it before? But didn't Rion's wife have a crup with two tails? Maybe he was remembering wrong. He glanced over at August and mouthed, "Rion's Wife?"

This small exchange went unnoticed by Alarick as he continued prattling on, "Of course, my department wasn't involved in all of that, I was a big part of the International Confederation of Wizards British seats, so we do have quite a bit to say about how things are going in the world, but not necessarily for what is happening here. A lot of the actual enforcing goes to the Magical Office of Law, while we sit around and research the best way to act. All of this to come around to my main point, charms. There's a whole portion of the law to cover proscribed charitable objects. With that one needs to learn what charms there are, what are the potential effects of charms if cast on an object, should it be allowed or not? One of my life works, has been finding charms that do and do not work, things we should vote toward or against regarding these charms. Whether one charm on a specific object will change the entire world for good, or the entire world for bad. Now, one such charm is that of the broomstick. For us, it gives a form of transportation, ways to play quidditch. However, it was originally used as a cleaning instrument, many still use it for this today! See, many years ago the Confederation decided to allow this charm be placed on brooms, and there you have it."

Alarick took his first bite of the pizza he had grabbed when he had sat down, "I am very glad that I will be nearby to my wife and children now that I have left the Confederation. Especially after the Winchester Estate Fiasco! Thankfully little Flick made it out, but we - well I guess they - still have yet to catch that bloody Awstin. I can't believe he would just go in and murder people and burn down their home! Especially with all of those children inside."

Alarick took another bite of pizza, and Aldrick took the opportunity to speak, "And that is my dad and his life work away from his family." he snorted, his dad spoke more about his (nor former) work than he did his family, Aldrick was surprised he knew about Flick, and wondered what was happening there. "Anyway, yeah I thought I told you he was some person in the ministry. I could have sworn I had mentioned he just tacked Mom's maiden name onto his when they got married? Something with keeping his work name there so they wouldn't forget about him -" Alarick took a breath in, as if he was about to launch into another story time, Aldrick shoved the pizza into his mouth, "Eat your pizza old man and let me talk. And thus, Alarick Lorien. I mean man, I don't know how you didn't know that. Alarick? Aldrick? Surely I told you I was named after my father?"

▬▬"The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are." ▬▬

With Whom: Aldrick and August
Thinking about: When I was a boy we had to walk three miles to school, uphill both ways.
Alarick Description: 6'1" Dark hair Green Eyes.
Alarick Wearing: Black jeans, deep purple t-shirt

OOC: I'm so sorry adda sweatdrop

addaellis

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:13 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
Professor of Wizard Law

Alarick Lorien greeted him with one of his usual great puns. August had no sooner questioned the whole situation before Mr. Lorien adopted an all-too-familiar tone and August realized he had made a terrible mistake. He hushed up as Alarick began one of his rants, listening carefully as he sipped his tea.

Mr. Lorien recounted a few tales about how he always had focused on not just what the law was but how it would be enforced. Actual enforcement, of course, wasn’t for the members of the International Confederation of Wizards, but Alarick Lorien, in his typical thorough attitude, had always paid attention to how things were worded specifically so he could help those enforcing it. As a professional, August thought Alarick Lorien was of the highest caliber. As a father…well now August was quickly trying to reconcile this with his very low opinion on Aldrick’s father.

Mr. Lorien rambled on about that ridiculous case of Karen and the house elf, about creature regulation. He completely skipped over Liam and Lark Knapp’s underage magic signs– Lizzie had done an excellent job teaching the young kids control, the only signs had been a few harmless floating crayons at home, as far as he knew–which of course Mr. Lorien knew or remembered nothing about.

Aldrick was mouthing something as Mr. Lorien continued on about crups. August couldn’t really read lips that well, but given the context clues and what he managed to guess, he deduced Aldrick was thinking about Vespera’s crup Lyra. He signaled to Aldrick to ask him later, so he could clarify the extenuating circumstances of that Mr. Lorien then finally getting to…what sounded like a point?

August nodded as Mr. Lorien explained why charms was a better fit. He had to admit, the rationale was insightful and he appreciated the connection to everyday life–or everyday Quidditch–not to mention law and international law. Typical diligent work on Mr. Lorien’s part!

Of course, the next moment Mr. Lorien went off about the Winchester Massacre “fiasco”. August sipped his tea calmly, willing himself to betray nothing. Just as Alarick Lorien had distanced himself from the better-known Knapp family name, August Li was distanced from the better known Winchester family name. Mr. Lorien did not need to know that that “fiasco” had resulted in the death of his uncle and family. Besides, he was right to be concerned about Flick.

Thankfully, Aldrick cut off further discussion of the massacre at the estate. ”Only that he did ‘something at the ministry’. Regardless, if you did mention, then I’m sorry I missed it” he replied. Thankfully Lizzie was the auror. Evidently August would make a terrible detective. ”When you said you were named after your father, I figured he was Aldrick Knapp Senior, to be honest,” he replied. Evidently he needed to keep better track of his friends as well!

statusmental rants about one Mr. Knapp Lorien

Stefan Lee Salvatore

or will it disappear?
ever heard before?
I alone can see?
or is my imagination
flying away with me?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:26 pm
♖ Brook ♖ Moore ♖
♖Hogwarts Graduate♖
♖Hit Wizard♖Moore Italian Co-Owner ♖ Gus's Wife♖

▬▬"The most dangerous food is wedding cake."▬▬

Brook couldn't believe it - she had gotten engaged and then instead of a planned wedding her and Gus ELOPED. Of course, the small ceremony wouldn't have been complete without Rhea, Aidene, and Lizzie there. They had waited until just after sunset, giving Aidene time to wake up and get ready, such was the life when your best friend was also a vampire. Rhea had volunteered August to perform the ceremony, and Brook wouldn't have had it any other way. It was like having another family member at the ceremony.

She was looking forward to a nice little dinner with the group, it wasn't the big elaborate ceremony that everyone had always hoped for her, but yet, this was just as perfect. The six of them all went to Moore Italian, and Rhea was literally bouncing. Rhea opened the door (did she spell it with an alohomora? Did she secretly have a key?) and went in first, followed by August, Aidene, and Lizzie.

Brook took Gus's hand and whispered n his ear, "I love you Mr. Moore." Then she grinned and said at a normal voice, "Nah that sounds like I'm taking to your dad, a lil weird. I love you GusGus."

The two of them walked inside of Moore Italian and were assaulted with a "SURPRISE!" as the lights turned on and confetti cannons exploded. Brook looked around in shock, she was not expecting this at all. Her friends and family were all here. None of the little kids were, but she did see her dad. She let go of Gus's hand and hugged Alarick tightly, "You're here."

Alarick smiled and kissed her forehead, "I heard party and Brook - of course I came. I couldn't miss anything else with my baby girl."

Brook smiled and looked around, there was a balloon arch, and just balloons everywhere. and Confetti. and SO MUCH FOOD. and a stacked tier of cupcakes. And it looked like Rion and Sawyer had set up an entire bar of alcohol it looked like, Brook waved to Sawyer then glanced over to Gus with a nervous smile, how were they going to pull THAT one off. Brook said aloud to everyone,

"thank you all so much for coming. I know we kind of. Didn't tell anyone that we were going to go small and simple with our wedding, a little elopement if you would. But wow. All of you coming out to this? I couldn't be any happier. Thanks Rhea." She winked and smiled at her childhood best friend, of course she had to throw a party. Rhea wasn't going to let Brook get away with one of the biggest days of her life without a party.

▬▬"I think I finally found the one person I love more than food."▬▬

Where & Who: EVERYONE
Thinking about: This is perfect <3
Brook Description: 5'4.5" tall with brown hair and blue eyes.
Wearing: Dress in picture
OOC: ANYONE CAN JOIN If they know Brook and/or Gus.

addaellis
trickblues
Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:06 pm
User ImageUser Image

xx Wнεяε αм I? Moore Italian
xxx Wнσ'ѕ ωιтн мε? Brook, and all our family and friends
xxxx Wнαт'ѕ gσιиg σи? A wedding surprise party
xxxxx Wнαт'ѕ σи мч мιиd? I love these people

Gus was still in a little bit of shock. They'd only gotten engaged a few months ago, but just as they were starting to get their planning in order, they ended up eloping. Luckily, they got a few of their friends on board, all of whom were delighted to accompany them. They decided afterward that they'd go back to the restaurant so Gus could prepare a big dinner for everyone. Of course, it wasn't necessarily his idea of fun, but if it made his friends happy, he'd do just about anything.

As they walked up the alley, Brook whispered that she loved him, then commented on calling him only by his surname. "I love you too, my sweet Brookie." He grinned, entwining his fingers with hers. As they stepped in, all the lights kicked on, people shouted, and loud explosions of color sounded around them. "Oh my goodness gracious." He wheezed, eyes wide in shock. "Thanks everyone, we really appreciate you all."

Gus watched Brook go and hug her dad, while his own dad stepped over, pulling Gus into a side hug. "Hey kid, I'm proud of you. I'm glad you found someone who makes you smile." Zavier gently ruffled his son's hair, subtly pulling out Gus' inhaler and handing it to him. Gus puffed on it, offering a grin to his dad. "Thanks dad, for everything." Gus then looked over at Brook as she made an announcement about their joy of having everyone here.

Gus stepped up beside his new wife, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "It's been a beautiful day, and one I'm so glad to finally be able to be married to this wonderful woman. And as we start our first wonderful steps toward our future, I'm glad all you, our friends and family, will be by our side." He gave Brook a little squeeze, smooching her cheek. It was a magical day, and he was delighted to start his marriage here with everyone he loved.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea, I'll sail the world to find you
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see, I'll be the light to guide you
If you tossin' and you're turnin' and you just can't fall asleep, I'll sing a song beside you
And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me, everyday I will remind you
Find out what we're made of when we are called to help our friends in need
You can count on me like one two three, I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like four three two, you'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:16 pm

۞ Cenek ۞ Knapp ۞
Ravenclaw Alumnus
Healer in Training ۞ Only available to Sparrow

▬▬Critiscm is something we can avoid easily...▬▬

Cenek was happy for his big sister, she had found happiness, and had done well for herself. He did not expect her to elope, but kinda figured Rhea would have done something - it was Rhea. While the happy couple was busy getting married, Chadwick, Finley, Cenek, and Penny were frantically getting everything set-up inside of Moore Italian. Chadwick and Finley seemed to be as happy as ever, and the roommate situation that Penny and Cenek were in seemed to be working out great. He was concerned for Sparrow, he hadn't seen her for a while and wanted to hang out some more, but work was just a lot of time. Maybe she would be here tonight, and they could talk.

Another problem for later tonight, right now This was about Brook and Gus. They finished setting up, and got ready, Cenek smiling to Penny, "Once day you're going to get married and you bet I'm going to put just as much effort into a party as Rhea did." They turned off the lights, and as the couple came in they yelled their surprises and popped confetti canons.

Cenek was sad his baby siblings couldn't be there, but was glad that there wouldn't be any drama with his mother, who had volunteered to watch the small kids. Cenek walked over to Brook and gave her a hug, congratulating her and gus.

▬▬ By saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing. ▬▬

With Whom: Peeps
Thinking about: It's a good night
Wearing: idk clothes
OOC: this is March 4th since I NEVER PUT IT ON THERE

_____

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:36 pm
User Image
                                                  I feel like I've a w a k e n e d lately
                                                  The c h a i n s around me are finally b r e a k i n g

╔═════════════════════════════╗
                                                  Penelope Barrett
                                                  Eighteen Years Old - Gryffindor Alumna - Halfblood - Single
                                                  Licensed Apparition Professor

╚═════════════════════════════╝

When Penelope had heard that Brook and her fiancé were eloping, the eighteen year old couldn’t be happier for her former fencing instructor. Apparently, Rhea was throwing a surprise elopement party – was that the same thing as a surprise wedding? – and recruited Cenek and Chadwick and their friends to help set everything up while the couple signed papers to get hitched. Naturally, Penny was glad that if she was invited to the party, at least she’d be one of the first ones there rather than arriving with the other guests and walking into a room full of strangers. However, she still felt rather nervous whenever she had to make small talk with a newcomer. Luckily, she had the twins and Finley by her side to step in whenever they noticed she needed a way out of a conversation.

Penelope scrunched her nose when Cenek mentioned that he was going to put a lot of effort into throwing her an engagement party or wedding when she eventually got married. “You’ll have to find me a groom first,” she retorted. At this point in time, Penny hadn’t anyone in mind. Anyone she ever dreamt of possibly marrying one day was no longer in her focus, not that she’d ever want a big party anyway. Unfortunately, her family was huge and she was expected to have an extravagant wedding. Honestly, eloping sounded better and better with every passing holiday, where her aunts, uncles and grandparents asked if she had a boyfriend. Frankly, she didn’t want their eyes all staring at her as she walked down the aisle.

Once the lights flickered off, Penny’s attention moved to the door, waiting in silence for the newlyweds to walk in. “Surprise!” she yelled in unison with the other guests. She stood in the back of the room and watched as Brook thanked everybody for coming and Gus added a gushy speech following his wife’s. Once they finished, Cenek had left Penelope’s side to hug his sister, which prompted the brunette to nibble on the bottom of her lip before making her way over to Finley. “I think Brook’s family might be bigger than mine,” Penny admitted half-jokingly. The Knapp family was definitely bigger than hers considering there were more than thirteen kids – she kept forgetting the exact number but the younger ones weren’t even here. On the plus side, Mrs. Knapp wasn’t here either, which meant supposedly far less drama.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

I've been under s e l f - r e s t o r a t i o n
                                                  I'm b e c o m i n g my own s a l v a t i o n

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Cinnabun Gryffie

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas