[PRP] Biding Time (Savindri/Amahno)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:39 am
Savindri wiggled his fingers as he looked down at his hands, still rather fascinated after all this time by the fact that he only had nine. That he was missing an index finger really didn't bother him at all - oh, it had hurt when it happened and for awhile after, but at no point had he been overly concerned about it, even immediately (although shock had probably helped a bit with that). It was just a thing that had happened, and since it didn't affect his ability to stay on as a Candidate, there was really nothing to worry about. He just sort of looked at it sometimes, and wondered where it might have ended up.

In a fish, he liked to think, because he found it funny, although maybe an opportunistic flit might have found it appealing. Who knew? One of own flits, Little Green, peeped at him from the tiny wallow she'd dug for herself while he lounged on the beach with his toes in the water. Though he sometimes had difficulty staying still, it was easier by the water, which had a way of lulling some of the energy out of him if he let it. Sometimes he liked to.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:55 pm
Amahno missed the sea.

Standing on the coast and looking out over the more gently churning waters near the beach simply didn't settle his heart the same way the ever sway of a moving ship that bounced and tilted in the waters did. There were many who would have found that unease simply disconcerting, but but it had grown ingrained on him over turns and turns.

Solid ground was strange, perhaps in the same way another would have found his boat.

Joudai sat patiently on his shoulder as he looked out from his sweeping with a sort of bittersweet longing. The ocean held many things, after all. Some of which were horrendous secrets clutched close to one's heart. He tucked those away fiercely, however, allowing his sweeping to absorb his thoughts for a time.

But when time for sweeping was over, and pilfered scraps of snacks were given to the green to appease her hunger, he made his way out to the Weyr's beach to stand and look out over it. Or he would have, at least, if he didn't find the area a little less vacant than hoped. It was never empty, really, given people lived on it, but he at least recognized his fellow candidate enough for a greeting.

"Savindri! Nice day to stare out at the sea, hm?"

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:29 pm
The longer he looked out at the sea, the more Savindri drifted, in a very pleasant sort of way, but he was easily shaken out of it when he heard his name. He leaned back and tilted his head to better beam up at his fellow Candidate, ever-cheerful and happy for company. "Amahno!" he said brightly, while beside him, Little Green cheeped her own greeting at their company. "Yeah, it's nice sometimes. Good for thinking about stuff, y'know?"

Not that Savindri was prone to particularly deep or philosophical thoughts, but as someone who didn't spend all that much time cooped up in his own head, as some might, it was nice to at least occasionally spend some time with himself in such a way. Even if he was just thinking about where his finger might have gotten to, or when exactly there would be eggs and what they might be like, or various other innocuous things. Like how long it had been since he'd had his favorite breakfast pastry....

Mmm. Pastries.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:31 am
Joudai returned Little Green's cheep, shifting unsteadily over Amahno's shoulder to drop off of it to glide over to her little wallow. She looked over it appraisingly before attempting to invite herself into it.

"Hmmm, I don't know how much stuff I think about while looking out at the sea. I miss it, though. I miss my ship and the crew," he confessed. Sure, he didn't regret becoming a candidate for a potential dragon....but it wasn't as though by picking this he somehow cut out all of his feelings about his former life. "You ever sailed?"

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:58 pm
Little Green was, happily, as amiable as her rider, and wasn't at all fussed that her fellow green came over to not only investigate her wallow, but invite herself right in to share it. In fact, she crooned and shifted obligingly to allow the other flit right on in, and attempted to initiate cuddles almost immediately.

"Nope," Savindri answered, leaning back more until he was just lying in the sand. "Never saw the sea 'til I got Searched. I do miss home a little bit, I guess, but it was sort of lonely. I like all the people here."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:57 pm
Joudai seemed to be thrilled with the arrangement, laying so that her butt was all but right in Little Green's face and peeping approvingly. It didn't look comfortable to Amahno, but he was certain that firelizards didn't have a concept of comfort.

"Shards, maybe we can get you out there someday. It's nice, the lull of the ship as the sea sways it," Amahno mimicked the sway in question as he spoke. "Weyrs are busy in a good way, though. Hubs that have a little of everything and then also dragons."

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out