Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands
[PRP] Experimental Constructs (Lanka x Merope)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:17 pm
User Image

He had listened to his gut and much to everyone's relief the Trapper had adopted a safer approach to testing his designs. With his mind thoroughly fixed on the construction of a new bridge, he could be found where the peculiar architects were often easy to locate... That was to say the male was out on the sand bars hammering away at what looked like some sort of bridge even though it was neither pretty nor entirely solid.

Suffice to say that at this point in time it didn't even look like it could support a cub, let alone an adult, but he seemed intent on pursuing this direction and he wouldn't be deterred. In the end even his own superiors had left him to his own devices and bar the occasional glance of curiosity from a passing Hunter it was safe to assume that he would be allowed to do as he pleased.

At the very least, whatever he was building should have been capable of floating.

...Not necessarily what he might have wanted but probably a bonus given that the tide would eventually come in and if it didn't then it would all be ruined anyway!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:34 pm
User Image

It was one of those days where Merope found that her paws seemed to just want to move beneath her and she was merely along for the ride. He wandering paws hadn't steered her wrong in the past so he didn't really have a reason to not follow them. And for an easily bored lioness such as Merope, it gave her the opportunity to mix things up here and there. Maybe find something unexpected. Some little spot of excitement in her day.

The babysitter knew the sight of a lion hard at work when she saw one. A more thoughtful creature might have given the trapper a little space to work on his creation but, alas, the pink lioness found herself more intrigued by the contraption than thoughtful of its creator's workspace.

"Have you tried it, yet?" She chirped after she had made her way close enough to be within speaking distant. It was a direct question that entirely lacked any actual greeting. "I mean. If you did I'd be really impressed." she continued, peering at the bridge.

Epine de Rose

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:40 pm
"Oh good heavens no, not yet!" He replied smoothly, looking up with mane full of seaweed and vines to inspect the lion who had crossed his path. Oh sure, there had been more than one within the last few hours but none of them had really taken the opportunity to speak to him... A cursory glance was to be expected and it was something even he would do if he was a mere onlooker, but interruptions weren't really something he'd experienced.

To be fair, they may have scurried off to find help before he ended up dead or something to that effect.

"Not sturdy enough for me," he twanged at one of the vines and watched it wobble before eyeing the lioness with a distinct glean of curiosity. "Although you may actually work," he mused and motioned with his paw.

"Hop on so that I can test the boards," he ordered.

...It didn't seem he was much for introductions either!

oo DeD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:58 pm
She giggled when he made eye contact with her. The mane accessories were quite the look. Very low-tide-chic. Merope was a master of sticking her nose into the business of others and was chuffed at the prospect of it paying off for some actual fun and entertainment.

If Merope was put off by the wobbling of the bridge, she certainly didn't show it. In fact, she beamed at the prospect of being helpful to someone's endeavors. It wasn't that she was particularly naïve or anything. She was just… well. Willing to take some risks to have some fun. High risk high reward, right??

"Okay!" she chirped, perking up almost instantaneously after his orders. "I'm putting my trust in you, sir builder! And you owe me one if I fall through. I just got my fur all nice and salt-free I'll have you kn-"

The lioness sauntered on to the boards as she spoke and found her words cut off as, only a few steps in, she felt her footing fall through and saw the surface of the water rush towards her…

Epine de Rose

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:05 pm
"You will be advising our diplomatic aims," he waved his paw dismissively as she waltzed confidently towards him and took up her place near the bridge. "For all intents and purposes that is payment enough, think of all the credit you'll get when it works," he added, pausing briefly to let her steady herself. After that, he could only admire the considerable confidence the lioness had as she strode across.

...Or got a few steps in and then the bridge succumbed to her weight.

It gave an almighty wobble and it was with a sigh that he lifted his paws to still it and regarded her paw forlornly. Well, she'd gone right through that one hadn't she? It had pretty much snapped the second she'd put any weight on to it and he was beginning to suspect that driftwood may not have been a viable option.

"Well I can harden the braids to stop the wobble but I might need to go shopping for better wood," he conceded and pursed his lips. "Unless you're heavier than you look," he eyed her somewhat accusingly, she looked small but looks could be deceiving sometimes.

"Can't have them snapping with people walking across a gorge, water is a little more safe," he acknowledged.

oo DeD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:11 pm
Merope found herself laughing in the water, completely lacking the sincerity of the builder. While he was speaking of 'diplomatic aims' and what not, she seemed to just be having a good 'ol time. She wrinkled her nose and sputtered water out of her mouth in a dramatic fashion, doing her best to brush off the seaweed and bits of residual fine that had caught up in her pink fur.

"Well you'd better go and find some better materials then, good sir, because it certainly isn't me! And besides!" she continued, splashing water at him with a paw for good measure, "You caon't go questioning a lady about being 'heavier than she looks', especially after she's done you a favor!"

Though she was chiding him she seemed in relatively good spirits, still sporting a jovial smile. "Besides, even if I was skin and bones that would have snapped. What are you making a bridge for, birds? Or maybe adventuring cubs, given that they cross one at a time?" She poked at him with an accusatory paw for good measure.

Epine de Rose

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:20 pm
"I have every right to ask how fat someone is if it's going to effect the integrity of my build," he responded bluntly, with a disturbing level of sincerity. He didn't necessarily aim to be insulting but he certainly lacked tact, which probably made sense given his focus on what he had been building and the reactions that had followed when it all but failed.

"Nevertheless it appears my math may yet be sound," he continued thoughtfully. "I simply need much better materials," he agreed and at this point, shot her another glance. She certainly wasn't shy but neither was he and now that the unfortunate soul had wandered in to his clutches he wasn't going to let her escape.

After all, why would one let a perfectly good assistant get away?

"We will have to test again, but you will come with me while we negotiate for better quality materials," he raised a brow at her paw. "Progress has been made and must not be halted," he added.

"What's your name anyway?" he asked at last; seemingly disinclined to answer her question just yet, but she would at least be entitled to it in a moment or two, it was only fair!

oo DeD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:34 pm
Merope held a paw to her chest, breathed in a gasp, and looked at him with a slack-jawed expression of shock that was only mostly joking. "How fat someone is? You're sooo lucky that I'm so very kind and understanding and of good spirits, or else you might've gotten yourself a good smack upside the head! While it may be completely reasonable to try to take into account such… factors, there are some thoughts that stay Inside Your Head!" She tapped a paw to the side of her head to drive the point home, but chuckled at him anyway.

This lion was entertaining, if not a little… uh… blunt? And what was this about how 'we' had to continue on this endeavor!

"And! I guess I'll follow along, even if your orders are..." She eyed him. "Presumptuous. But! Only on the condition that you learn some manners." She poked at his chest again. Who was she kidding? She probably would have gone along with him regardless. It seemed like a fun enough use of her time. But she wasn't the time to let an opportunity to get a little jab in just come and go.

"And I'm Merope. You're welcome, by the way."
Epine de Rose

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:00 pm
Working on his manners was going to have to be a more long term goal. It was safe to say that he had already abandoned his bridge for now and was shooing her along with his paw towards the mainland once more. He wasn't lost from the world of decency, there was probably still hope for him, but it wouldn't happen overnight and definitely wouldn't be something to pursue while he was fixed on his goal.

"Wonderful, Ms Merope!" He would have clapped his hands if he had any.

"We have little time before the tide comes in and I would quite like to try one more potential build before the bar disappears for the day," he strode away from his creation and glanced over his shoulder. "You are likely to know those on the shore much better than I and one needs someone of that calibre when negotiating," he pointed out.

"Now come, this bridge will not build itself and the time remaining to inspire hope and healing within this world grows short." He ordered.

"Speaking of, what does one offer as a peace offering when one walks in to foreign or hostile territory," he murmured, perfectly audible, but seemingly to himself. "Does one provide a hamper? A basket will need to be sourced for that too..."

oo DeD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:17 pm
'The time remaining to inspire hope and healing within this world grows short.'

Merope obediently shuffled along and it seemed as though she fully digested his words and intentions for the first time. He had spoken of 'diplomatic aims' before, but his words seemed to just flow in one ear and out the other at the time (probably due to the, y'know, unnervingly unstable bridge she had been traversing at the time).

She furrowed her brow at him as he continued to speak, mulling over what exactly she had signed herself up for.

Foreign or hostile territory? Oh. OH.

The pink lioness found herself once more slackjawed, but this time it was much more earnest than before. So this wasn't just some bridge for fun, huh? What had she gotten in to? Who the heck was this guy??

"Ehm… Well, everyone's a fan of pretty jewelry, right…?"

Something told her she had bitten off a bit more than she was prepared to chew…

[fin]

Epine de Rose

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:23 pm
Her words caught his ear and he gave a firm nod.

"Yes, yes...so a basket and shiny items, this is good advice," he agreed as the pressed on. He was a simple architect of course, one more inclined toward rather deadly weaponry than anything else, but when given the opportunity that creativity often reserved for defence could be used for something slightly more positive.

...Whether the pair of them got chased away by spears though still remained to be seen!

"An excellent suggest, Ms Merope. You shall pick them out when we get there, you have the best eye for it given your disposition," he added, inferring her feminine wiles made her more qualified to make the correct decision. Ah, so the poor boy was both lacking in tact and may have had a hint of some rather old views on gender.

At least he seemed well meaning?

For now though, Merope would just have to put up with him and ensure he didn't insult any unfortunate souls as he acquired his materials and returned to his work... and then, when all was said and done, she would once again have to humour him again. Alas, it was appropriate to move one step at a time and for now acquiring those materials remained the priority; given he was likely to be fussy to ensure quality, they might well be there until well after the tide had come in...

oo DeD
/fin!

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces