Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands
[PRP] The Quiet Life (Auberon/Celereith)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:49 am
It was safe to say that he was exceptionally bored. Much to his disappointment there had been very little drama, next to no fireworks, and the barest hint of interest in his brother's return. Then again, Ram had been surprisingly quiet about his return at the moment and only a few important individuals were even aware he had slipped back in to their midst.

He didn't know why his brother had chosen to adopt this stance, to be entirely honest it would have been more practical to storm in and fix the issues with a much firmer hand than he was currently using. Nevertheless, with the approach such a delicate and otherwise strategic one, it left the blue lion with very few things to do. After all, guarding the young king from threats that didn't really exist was proving to be moderately exasperating.

...Paranoia could be infuriating.

Alas, he had flopped himself into a lump-like shape on the beach and was staring out with an otherwise bland expression towards the islands that lay beyond. He knew some of his companions were over there, performing their duties as necessary, but here it was safe to say he had nothing going for him. A quick flick of his eyes towards the hunters and he began to ponder if life as a fisherman might be moderately more interesting than his current state of affairs!

SilverLutz
Finally, I'm so sorry this took so long. D:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:18 pm
User ImageCelerieth was quite the opposite of bored. She'd joined the pride not long ago after her old one quietly dissolved, not quite comfortable with the idea of being a rogue, and was still exploring her new home. The fact that it was on the sea was fantastic and she still wasn't tired of the sound of the waves on the shore, nor the smell of the salty air. Her fur was just starting to curl at the edges of her tail and tuft, but she knew it wouldn't be long before she looked like the curly-coated lions that lived here.

Celerieth found the life of the Bahari to be far more laid back than her old pride. There was much less associated with status here beyond the ruling family, and even then she'd seen siblings and children of the current king brushing shoulders with the most common of lions. It was strange, but liberating at the same time. She didn't have to worry about putting on airs like she did before. She could just...be herself. More than she had been.

Her paws padded quietly in the sand as she made her way down the beach, pausing now and then to examine a shell or other oddity the sea had washed up. Her eyes were cast down for so long she didn't notice the lion laying out in the sand before her until she was almost upon him. She gave a surprised 'oh!' as blue fur came into her line of sight and she quickly looked up, pausing in her stride. Thankfully she'd been going slowly.

"Terribly sorry," she said with a bob of her head, falling back on old habits of being overly polite. "Didn't see you there. Should be more careful, keep my head up when I walk."

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:31 pm
"Have I really lost that much weight?" He sounded amused at the prospect that 'languishing' on the beach the beach had made him far less noticeable. At this point he cast his gaze towards his new visitor and shook his head, a solemn expression forming upon his features. "An absolute travesty," he added as he pulled himself to his feet and shook himself off.

It was safe to say that after several years in this region his own mane had curled sufficiently to be a source of consternation. He had rather liked his flat, smooth and soft mane... Now it was decidedly less so courtesy of salty air and disgruntled waves in particular seasons. Still, the appearance did suit others and the tell tale signs that her own features were changing seemed to indicate she would be one of them.

"To be fair, it would be useful if I hadn't taken to lying in one of the thoroughfares," he admitted and motioned behind her. Given the sand had been beaten flat by several lions over the course of the period it did seem apparent that he had been lying on a more favoured part of the unofficial 'road' that had been identified within the last week or so.

"Not new, but not a face I know," he added as he returned his expression to her. "Evidently my paws have been full too long," he mused.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:35 am
The question, though rhetorical, made Celerieth smile and withhold a little giggle. She couldn't say if the lion was slimmer than he'd once been since this was her first time meeting him, but the tone in which he'd asked had been light-hearted and lead her to believe that he wasn't offended. She turned as he gestured to the pathway she'd been walking on, the sand a bit darker and indented from where many of the pride members had walked.

"You can't fault yourself for finding a comfortable place to rest," she said, turning her gaze back to the other blue lion. "I should have been more attentive to where I was walking." She really didn't need to be staring at her feet as she walked, after all.

Tilting her head just a bit, Celerieth gave the male a little smile, one that was well-practiced from years in her former pride. She knew the Bahari was a fresh start and she didn't need to resort to old tactics to gain favor among her peers but habits were hard to break, especially when meeting someone new. It was something she was working on, though having been caught off guard she decided falling back on her old ways was justified.

"Not terribly seasoned, either. I'm Celerieth, I joined about a moon ago," she said as she lowered her head in a slow bob of greeting. "Still getting to know the territory. The beach is so foreign still, I can't help but spend most of my time here."

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:13 am
"Another who came from inland then," he lifted a brow and regarded her with curiosity. It was rare that anyone, or anything, ever seemed to move from coastal pride to another one. Would he have recommended the Bahari as a place of sanctuary and security at this point in time? Personally he probably wouldn't have, the turmoil still bubbled under the surface and had it not been for other reasons he probably would have given the place a miss!

"Why here of all places?" he asked and pulled himself to his paws. He glanced over her shoulder, back towards the inner pride and shook his head. "We'll be honest with one another and refrain from pretending everything is rainbows and roses in these parts," he pointed out. She deserved that much and while he was diplomatic, that didn't mean he'd ever made a secret out of the fact that the tension and drama was there.

...Hell, he was a part of it.

"I'm fairly certain the vast majority of other prides within our immediate vicinity probably would have been less of a headache," he pursed his lips thoughtfully and then smirked. "Although we do have the best fish," he admitted after a moment. It was a saving grace, and perhaps there would be more within the next few months when his brother finally kicked into a faster gear and took some more decisive action.

"I'm Auberon, I definitely did not join a single moon ago," he added and returned his attention to the lioness. "In fact I think it's safe to say I've been here about as long as our lost soul has needed a babysitter who didn't have a hand in politics," he explained.

Technically a lie, he knew how to play at the political game, but she didn't necessarily need to know that.

"Maybe now I can finally pick up a new hobby, eh?" he asked with a wry smile. "What are all the cool kids doing this way, or should I settle on something more subtle to pursue?" he finished.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:09 pm
Celerieth tilted her head a bit as the lion talked up other prides as more suitable places to live, curious as to why he thought so. Surely every pride had their trials and tribulations, and while she didn't know specifics about the Bahari nor any neighboring prides, she'd been admitted so things couldn't be too terrible, right? The lands weren't soaked in blood, there wasn't a constant battle raging on. Though she certainly understood things could look placid and peaceful while a storm was brewing underneath. Still, she hadn't been here long enough to learn more than the ruler of the pride kept to himself and those he trusted. Why, she couldn't say.

"Well...I decided the sea sounded like a good place to make a new home," she said. "And my paws led me to this place. I figured it was as good a pride as any to explore and see if it was the right fit. So far I haven't experienced anything that's put me off from staying. And the fish is quite good," she couldn't help but add with a little grin. She hadn't gotten the hang of fishing just yet but she was getting there, certainly.

Finally she was given a name. Celerieth's expression softened just a bit, her smile less as if they were sharing an inside joke and more natural and easy. She gave a soft huff at his question and she rolled her shoulders, not too sure what was 'cool'.

"I enjoy taking walks, exploring the pride, but if you've been here as long as you claim I assume you know it like the back of your paw. And who is this lost soul you speak of?" Someone without political influence? "Surely you don't mean the king?" Was Auberon some sort of higher up here? Oh dear...almost stepping on someone holding high rank was not how she wanted to introduce herself! She lifted her head a bit higher and stood just a bit straighter, old habits falling right back into place.

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:10 am
"That'd be the one," his smile was wry as he regarded her. She'd worked it out reasonably quickly, but then again, it wasn't as if there weren't certain circles who did refer to the lion in that way. He'd been lost to some measure of uncertainty and extremism for a while, and while the pride may not have been aware of it, the 'Royal' Guards were not so much loyal to the current king as they were to the missing one.

The machinations of Auberon and his counterparts, at least the 'original' few, had been kept largely under wraps with only a few sneaking suspicions here and there to be had.

"Fortunately the cavalry finally arrived and I'm now allowed to relax," he pointed out. "That means lying on main thoroughfares and being a general inconvenience to the populace when I should know better," he continued before raising his brow at the sudden shift in posture and body language. What had caused that, had he missed something?

He gave a quick glance around before he returned his gaze to the lioness.

"Someone step on your grave?" he asked curiously. "Not often I see someone go from relaxed to bolt straight unless something has shot up their back," he pointed out. "...And there's no one here except for me so unless you can see a ghost..."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:25 am
Of course Auberon had noticed her change in posture. Celerieth cursed herself inwardly for being so lax in a new pride where she didn't know all the members of import yet. If she wanted to make a name for herself here as she'd done in her former pride she had to be on point at all times, even if the place seemed far more relaxed and easy going. Auberon didn't seem to have a care in the world despite his high standing, though, and his curious look made her wonder if her forced personality was something she could finally do away with.

"Well," she said haltingly, a bit unsure of what to do. She kept her more formal posture but it was clear that she wasn't sold on keeping it in place. "If you're...a direct assistant to the king surely you..." She faltered, eyes darting away for a moment before locking back on the lion.

"You deserve a bit more respect than I was giving you before." Almost stepping on the king's 'babysitter', as it were.

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out