Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:50 pm
Play came hard to little white Quinineth despite his best attempts at initiating and continuing it, but it seemed that even His wasn't all that great at it. Indeed her idea of play was something of a fare towards theft and not only would that not go down well in his presence, thank you very much, it wouldn't do for a newly minted weyrling rider either.

Theft was bad.

This had been his admonishment whenever the thought was found in his beloved's mind and so the little white had seen fit to go and seek out other possible avenues of 'play'. His siblings were quite adept at it, most of them anyway, there were a few like himself that were more reserved. So that left the most obvious of possibilities and dash it all he was going to do his very best to learn how to play like a carefree sort rather than an interfering and bothersome bit of dragon like he tended to be.

He was good at pouncing and play bowing and really he could be 'playful' if he put his mind to it, at least in a physical sense of the word. Now he just needed the mentality of it.

Dearest Alenciath! Oh I'm so happy to have found you! He'd known where she was, it was a formality of greeting of course, Would you have the time in your schedule to teach the aspects of 'play'? I fear mine is quite ludicrously inept at it and I fare no better. His eyes swirled a myriad of imploring colors at his much larger green sister as little Quinineth offered her a bow, wings out and all proper.

Somewhere his rider was laughing at these efforts, he could feel it.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:27 am
Alenciath was rather a master at playing - haven taken quite strongly after Papa Baihath in that way and never far from the white's heel whenever he was leading the play charge. Unless Demodeth looked like he needed some nudging. Fahn had also made a phenomenal playmate, but of course Hers was best at such things, and as such the little green hadn't been left wanting too hard on that front.

She had so much play she could practically have burst from it all. Fortunately, that wouldn't be needed.

Quinineth~! A hop, a bounce, and a prance towards the smaller white, Alenciath leaned out to bump her head against his before doing a single bounding circle of delight around her brother. Circle complete, she took up spot across from him in a similar bow, reaching out with one little paw to boop his snout. I always have time for play! I hardly think you could say you are bad at it! You run and jump and pounce with the best of us! In her eyes, nobody was really a bad playmate!

Hattaki

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:43 am
Wriggling the gray tip to his nose after she pawed it, Quinineth's eyes would have been just a rainbow of confused colors had her words not next been spoken. He wasn't exactly able to keep up with 'the best of them' for he didn't believe he quite qualified in that realm of endearment. Oh but he could try! Oh but he would try!

Slowly his tail, already in the air in his bow, began to wave back and forth and his eyes narrowed just a tad. Running is one thing dear Alenciath, being able to pounce and be playful about it is another. Despite his diminutive size compared to all the rest of his siblings, the little white at least did have stamina enough to keep up with them if he tried his hardest.

And Quinineth always gave everything his full attention and hardest effort. Without warning he pounced upon the larger green, making sure that his claws were well away from soft hide he clambered up on top of her. Now with Alenciath it wasn't a huge difference in size, but enough that the smaller white could sit on her hind quarters and look reasonably comfortable. He let out a bugle and flapped his wings, hoping he wasn't just making her angry.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:26 pm
It was quite impossible to make Alenciath angry, even when toppled over and sat upon by any sibling. Did she not do the same to any large sibling who would tolerate it even a little bit?

Surely you're not playing just to go through motions, are you? she asked, wiggling as her tail lashed side to side on the ground like a very excited canine. 90% of play is having fun! You don't find it boring or something you dread, right? her tone implied that she knew she was right, rather than needing reaasurance. Still, she reached out to boop his nose with her paw again.

Demodeth's favorite game is naps, so a game is anything you want!

Hattaki

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:40 pm
Play something he dreaded? Yes indeed it was, for he lacked the necessary frivolity to partake in something of this nature quite as well as his wonderful older sister did. In fact he was a stick in the mud in some respects despite his best efforts to enjoy himself, Quinineth was better watching from a distance and enjoying others enjoying themselves than he was right in the center.

That was where he wanted to be of course, which made it all the more bittersweet.

It's dreadful showing others how dreadful I am at it, certainly. The little white permitted himself a gentle laugh, at least Alenciath didn't seem to hold it against him. Then again her favorite sibling was Demodeth so he imagined that her skin was quite thick in regards to the temperament of those around her, as that particular brother wasn't very forthcoming with himself. If a game can be naps then surely anything counts then. Such as people and dragon watching.

If there had to be such a game then Quinineth would be the champion with how well he kept an eye on his surroundings and the needs of those about him. Though that game might not be of much interest to his sister.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:32 pm
Of course it can be! You can easily make a game of that! Like trying to make someone guess who you've noticed, or seeing who has met someone and finding out more about them! sure, they were all psychic mind-reading dragons and guessing games were perhaps not all that exciting in that regard, but Alenciath was happy to brush the technicalities away to focus on the bright side of it all.

Alenciath wiggled as she spoke, eyes whirling with congenial greens and blues. You can't be dreadful at something that doesn't have a sliding scale of success, Quinineth! It sounds to me like you're just overthinking playtime as something far more complicated than it is! but wasn't that just how her brother was?

If the pouncing and bapping don't feel right, you become the game master! You make up the fun games that everybody else flocks to you to orchestrate their fun! she stretched her legs up above her head for a moment, Like if we play Wingleader and you decide to be the like...Wingleader and you tell us what to do. Wingleader says, spread your wings! Wingleader says, lift your right front foot! Swish your tail! Op! Wingleader didn't say!!

Laughter followed after her example and she wiggled again.

Hattaki

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:44 am
Claws retracted, Quinineth patted at his sister's side as if he were bapping at each of her light little sparkles in time with her words, balancing still on her back. Swirls of yellow and blue and green danced across his faceted eyes as he did so, listening intently to his sister's words. Overthinking and overcomplicating things, well yes, that was a habit of his, of a fashion anyway. Almost lazily he rolled right off Alenciath's side, making certain to tuck his overlarge wings against him as he did so, not wanting to bruise or batter anything.

Well you are the master of fun after all, if someone such as you says it's a game then who am I, the least playful of us all, to object? the little white posited and righted himself, first spreading his wings as wide as they would go. Then lifting his right front foot and swishing his tail.

It was good to hear Alenciath's peals of laughter, he could imagine them ringing all through the Weyr and there were times that her trumpets and bugles did exactly that, warming his little hearts.

If that's how the game is played then Wingleader says to roll over. Quinineth gave a delicate twirl of one claw as if to set example and impish colors sparked across his eyes. A thought, an idea, passing behind them.

demon_pachabel
A month late, my spoons unfortunately follow a trend of me overworking myself. XP;; Or I should say lack of spoons. lol Feel free to ignore this if it's been too long for you.

Also sorry for double quotes, gaia is messing with meeeee.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:15 pm
Alenciath took a moment to reach out and boop Quinineth's regal little snout as he took up a pose very much befitting Wingleader, which she briefly mimicked as she awaited his order. Clearly, he was perfectly suited to this lovely little game! One she'd picked just for him!

With practically no hesitation, except to watch the gesture with his claw, the green nearly lept into the roll he requested, now left on her back with her feet wiggling in the air. Like this? or had he been wanting her to do a complete roll? She could do that too! Her tail lashed from side to side, clearly unbothered by the position she was now in either way.

Hattaki
Wow, look at my last a** and even SHORT reply. Whoops!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:03 am
Wriggling his nose from the boop that he'd received on the darker end of it, Quinineth let a toothy grin flash over his face. Not only had she followed the direction but she'd exposed her belly just so and the little white had to resist the urge to pounce and set about tickling his sister just to hear her peals.

It's a game.

Etansi's words skittered across his mind as they usually did, abrasive and blunt but full of that endless untapped well of her love. And she was right! It was a game, one that his sister had made up but he could fail at it as much as he wanted. In the space of a moment these thoughts had run through his active mind and Quinineth gave a short bugle.

Yes, just so Alenciath. Without warning he pounced upon her exposed belly and tickled her, claws tucked in carefully. You fell for my trap quite well, dearest sister! Truly he did love hearing laughter, especially from the most skilled at it of their entire clutch.

demon_pachabel
Whoooops. << >>;;

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:20 pm
Games were never strict things, at least to Alenciath. So much so, that when Quinineth seemed to change it at the last minute and took advantage of a prone and exposed belly she couldn't possibly find it in herself to be upset. Instead, she rang with laughter, wiggling and flailing her little legs as her tail lashed and thumped helplessly against the ground.

Oh no! Such a well placed trap! How could I have been so blind to your dangerous wiles! her humor laced through her words, even as she tried to wiggle to one side or the other to escape the ever-so-but-not-actually-horrendous-tickle-torment she was being subjected to.

Quinineth seemed to be getting it, which made it all the more fun.

Hattaki

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:57 am
Listening to his sister's delighted laughter rang around the area Quinineth let slip a bright bugle that was louder than he'd intended thanks to his mirth and quickly made to cover his muzzle with the edge of a wing. His eyes swirled apologetic colors as he sat on top of Alenciath looking the picture of dejected embarrassment. He was a gentleman dash it all, but his sister was just so much fun. Maybe he could be forgiven just this once for making a loud fuss?

One step forward two steps back with learning in regards to play he supposed but at least if he kept taking a step forward he'd get there someday.

With a cough he patted his sister's exposed stomach and simply flopped on top of her. All part of my master plan, the best laid traps are invisible. Blues finally flooded his eyes back out again once his awkwardness passed. They were playing a game, he needed to learn that it was okay to be awkward or loud.

Or both.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:38 am
Alenciath pressed a foot over her brother's nose when he masked it, humming as she did so. What a beautiful sound! You should make it more often! she praised, clearly delighted by his enthusiasm. She let it linger even as he laid down right on top of her, trapping her in the almost prone position - except that he was covering any vulnerability it really would have been.

Oh! Should I be throwing sand about to find all your invisible traps, then? because surely, if she covered them in sand she would find his traps, would she not? Still, despite a little wiggling, she seemed happy enough to lay there with the white on top of her as though he were king of the mountain and she were said mountain.

Hattaki

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:50 am
Oh I don't... well it was quite fun even if your laugh is far superior Alenciath. With her foot over his dark tipped muzzle there wasn't much that Quinineth could do to argue and he wrapped her in his larger than normal wings, something like a lazy hug. His happy bright sister was wonderful, especially to her less outgoing siblings like himself and Demodeth.

You could but I say we take a note out of our brother's book. Still prone to sleepiness easily given his size and age, Quinineth tried his very best to keep up with all of his siblings in all things but it did wear him out towards the end of lessons and the day. His would surely be along to pick him up out of the center of everything eventually, but most of those within the Weyr didn't mind where weyrlings slept. The small white gave a yawn. I may be rubbish at play but you're quite skilled. I'll have to follow in your clawprints.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:31 am
Alenciath allowed herself a small huff - one of the small tells to the green's pushy attitude that occasionally reared its head. There are not better or worse laughs! Yours is a perfectly respectable one! It's a good sign you're having fun! Not that she was actually upset over the compliment. More simply, that Quinineth was putting himself down to give it!

The mention of Demodeth's favorite game - rather, of Demodeth - brought a small cheep from Alenciath who was, by comparison, not tired. But she was trapped underneath Quinineth and feeling agreeable enough to lay there with him for a time. Naps it is! she agreed, even though the bronze always had to earn the game by indulging the other games she desired.

You're not rubbish - but I will teach you more games yet!

Hattaki

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:20 am
His mouth pulled in a smile just a bit as Quinineth stretched out the entire length of his body, still far smaller than his sister's length. And it always would be. He'd heard her little cheep when he'd mentioned Demodeth without even so much as saying her name.

Yes, there would always be...

Mmmmm, naps it is. I look forward to learning more games. Maybe we can find one I'm not so rubbish at. Quinineth pondered sleepily. Then no one could say it, not even me...

His eyes closed and he curled his body up as small as it would get, his wings wrapped around Alenciath's belly.

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces