6,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:42 am
A log of solos, notes and progression of these two unlikely jokesters  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:43 am
A little more there.

Angeloth squirmed under L'han's hands, the oil soothing his itchy skin. The smokey marbled bronze was starting to show cracks in his soft hide at an alarming rate. The problem may have been escalated by the patches of thicken skin on his shoulders and face, a trait inherited from his green mother, Seistreth. Of his small clutch only his bronze brother, Golgaeth, had been spared the oddity, but Angeloth's case was mild compared to his other siblings.

More likely it had something to do with the little blue firelizard snoozing on his bed, hide gleaming and perfect. The recent addition of their little company certainly demanded a lot of attention and validation, but at least wasn't aggressive or particularly bad mannered. Fade ate, slept and was oiled along side his dragon cousin but thrived on attention. He lived to be told how pretty he was, but tended to get cold or snappy if his needs were not seen to first.

He is still young. He will learn, I will make sure of it.

They still didn't know if the thickened skin was good or bad for dragons, but now that it was proven to breed true a decision about them might be made sooner then later. Seistreth and her sole green daughter could chew firestone to stop them from clutching, but the addition of three bronzes might be harder to control. Currently a quarter of all Northern greens were fertile, though only 5 of them that had reached maturation had produced clutches.

That is still a long time away but I understand the concern, for I am a fine dragon

"Focus on growing a little more then, you are smaller then your brothers." L'han chuckled at he scrapped a bit more oil from the pot. Despite all the criticism that the young boy had heard about his dragon, it was something of an inside joke between them. Ageloth was thought to be grouchy, stern and no fun. It was almost a mystery how a dragon could look so angry all the time when they showed emotion through their eye color.

"We've both got a long way to go before we can start living our big dreams." Not that he had any of those big dreams. Not every bronzerider became Weyrleader or even a wingleader, and not every bronzerider wanted to... or did they? Shards if he knew, maybe that was something that came with the dragon and grows on you.

If you work hard you are rewarded, and we will work hard

"You are already a lot of hard work!" but it was vaguely threatening that his dragon had ideas on what was going to come.

(( Word Count : 450 ))  

Earisa

Darling Prophet

6,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Earisa

Darling Prophet

6,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:19 pm
You almost got to the end of the first round, but fell off at the last minute. You missed a major fault, and one or two small faults in your straps. Some of your repairs didn’t come up to par. (-2 points)

The Weryling Rodeo was considered by many as the first big step for budding riders and their dragon partners on their way to becoming true dragonriders. Until now it hadn't been more then eating, oiling and play. Now they were taking their first few hops into the air on clumsy wings, but the other half would not get into the air unless they could convince the Weyrling Master they were ready.

I told you it didn't feel right. Such a big mistake should have been obvious Angeloth huffed. They had not done very well and the bronze didn't take mistakes and failure very well. Very little they did was ever quite good enough even if they did do well, though it seemed whatever criticism he thought was said of him was in was all in his head. None of his clutch mates were competitive, and he seemed to think the older dragons judged him and found him lacking.

"I was a miner, not a leatherworker! There was nothing wrong with the buckles." L'han tried to defend himself, as if his bruised pride and hip from his fall wasn't enough of a punishment. Even at only five months old Angeloth was as large as the smallest adult greens, the fall being further then the adolescent was tall. "Maybe if you hadn't bucked so hard we could have lasted another round."

The bronze was shocked silent for a moment. I won't cheat or lie for you. I rather not look weak, a bronze must be strong L'han couldn't help but chuckle, Angeloth was always so serious. At least one of them had to be, the Rider half of this pair was always seen as being too relaxed. They had always been seen as an odd pair, almost opposites in nature, it would no doubt cause them problems in the future. No point in worrying about something that hadn't happened yet, there was too much he had to learn now.

I am perfectly capable of flying without you if you can't

"Oh? Because I've seen some pretty bumpy landings." When the bronze looked away and didn't reply, L'han laughed and hugged the big grumps neck. "We are both learning, Ang. Whether today or tomorrow, we'll figure it out."

If anyone else calls me 'Ang' because of you, I won't let you call me that anymore L'han just laughed harder, knowing it was maybe the least of the things Angeloth rather keep secret. Hopefully no one ever found out that the reason some of the hides had got damaged was because the bronze thought he would try to read them himself.

Word Count : 437  
Character Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff