Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Moved] Empty Weyrs & Scattered Wings

Back to Guilds

AU Non-canon Pern RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragon, Firelizard, Wher, Impression 

Reply Event Archives
Meet the Menagerie [British Wildlife Hatching] Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:58 am
Well thank you Varella, I suppose I am quite handsome, and you're not so bad yourself. The voice entered the young woman's mind with the feeling of a smirk and a wink, and the brown picked up his pace just a little to a sprightly trot that ended with him crooning and rubbing against his chosen rider's legs. I am your Ardnamuth, want to get out of here now?

While Ardnamuth had chosen quickly and easily Basking still seemed undecided, undecided but not distressed as Antolith had become. As she continued her slow scan of the candidates Lithustoth let out a heavy sigh and clambered to her feet.

Come on! she called as she approached the Burrowing egg, her crackling mental voice sparking through every mind in the vicinity. Now level with her one unhatched egg the deep-chested green lowered her muzzle and gave it a nudge. You can't stay in there all day, I know you're in there!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:14 pm
Well, that hadn't taken very long, had it? The brown didn't seem to need much time in finding just the right individual for him. That was good! This still left the two greens and a single egg on the Sands, and as Gwyn watched, Lithustoth leaned in to nuzzle the black and white egg, as if encouraging it to get motivated. Hmm... But that one, as she recalled, really had preferred to be left alone when they'd all been brought to see the eggs. Maybe it just wanted to wait until things were quieter...? And what of the green who kept staring at them all, or the one who was determined to help those who'd been injured?  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:28 pm
Kiliran and Green Ostarath

Seeing the growing collection of her siblings Ostarath hopped to her feet. She was full now. I think I will want some more later. Can you keep the rest for me, Kiliran? If you leave it out I think Lowrenth might get a hold of it. She seems awfully hungry. Ostarath didn't want her sister to go hungry, but she didn't want to be hungry either. Maybe they could share later if Lowrenth was still hungry. Kiliran didn't bother pointing out that the Weyr had plenty of meat for all of them. His green was already trotting off towards the gathering of her siblings.

Reaching the group, Ostarath gave a happy hum. Affectionately she headbutted Lowrenth, nuzzled Cervath and bumped her snout to that of Antolith's. Patting the sand down with her feet the green made a little wallow and settled into it, tucking her feet up and wrapping her tail around herself. Kiliran awkwardly shifted closer to the group but didn't say anything. He wasn't one for starting conversations. Besides this was nice in and of itself.

I'm so happy we found all of ours, Ostarath said brightly. She looked out across the sands and then back to the cluster. Only a few more and we'll all be together again. Oh, we'll have to play a game! What shall we play first?

Telleara and Bronze Antolith

Slowly Antolith's eyes swivelled to look at his paler brother when asked if he was alright. I did something bad, he replied slowly. Telleara finished cleaning all the blood from Antolith's face, carefully picking up his right forepaw to begin cleaning that, for now the bronze eating so slowly it was easy for her to manage both tasks. Antolith accepted the action without any resistance, too wrapped up in his own thoughts. He was supposed to make things better, was supposed to be the best, but most of what he had heard on the sands had been to the contrary.

He hadn't been going to hurt Ostarath, even though she upset him, but they all thought he was going to. Domineering they had called him. Horrible. Oaf.

I hurt people. I didn't mean to. I wasn't thinking. It just happened and I couldn't stop myself. I was so angry. The dragon's eyes slowly pulsed with dull yellows. They all hate me. I know they do. I heard them. He only had Telleara. Telleara and Cervath. It wasn't being completely alone, but to a dragon that wanted to be loved like Anotlith did, it was pretty close. Even Telleara's confidence wasn't enough to shake his melancholy. The bronze looked at his rider and she paused in her cleaning.

They don't hate you, she thought softly. Reaching out she gently stroked the bronze's face. These things happen at hatchings, they know that. Anyone who holds it against you is a fool, they aren't worth your time. Personally Telleara didn't think any of them were worth his time, but she could feel how important this was to Antolith and she already loved him too much to disregard his worries.

Lowrenth approached and Antolith felt enough relief to live his head off the sand. If Lowrenth was willing to come over then maybe she didn't hate him? She's wonderful, the bronze replied. Greens starting to mix into the yellows of his eyes. Telleara's very ambitious, we're going to do good things together. She says so. There was a hopeful note in his voice. The dragon glanced at his rider. Telleara smiled back and booped one finger against his nose. They were going to do great things together. There wasn't a shred of doubt in her mind. Another green joined the cluster and Telleara looked around at the other Weyrlings.

"Well isn't this a merry little band?" she smiled as the newest arrived touched noses with Antolith and settled herself down. Okay, so maybe none of them were as handsome as her darling, but it was dear seeing them all together.

NovaCracker
For Cervath

Ryala
For Lowrenth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:37 pm
But of course, Lowrenth! My Siv is doing a splendid job and if someone can enjoy what I cannot, I see no problems in offering what I do not need! The delicate pale bromnze warbled love to his sisters, but his focus remained on Antolith, movinf to nuzzle a cleaned portion of his brothers hide after creeling and nosing Telleara in a soft motion of thanks before he sighed, offering reassuring kreels.

Accidents happen, brother, and they'll learn who you are. You'll show them that, I know you will and always have. And I'm eager to see that day withMine.

Cervath could never hate his siblings -- it just wasn't in his nature to be rough, but only once green began returning to the other bronze's eyes did he accept meat again, chewing thoughtfully as he settled as close to his brother as possible.

Is everything alright, Cervath? Siv interrupted the pale male's thoughtswith her question, and Cervath warbled to his rider gently.

Dear Antolith did... Something bad and it troubles him. Cervath responded soiftly, and Siv nodded, expression serious. She remembered his egg at the Touching, and she well liked the proud little dragon, and she stroked Cervath lovingly, giving him a wide grin and a wink.

Everything'll be alright, Cervath, you'll see. I mean, he's got you, asnd you've got me, so he's got us and his rider to boot. You'll see. Everything will be awesome.

Cervath seemed to smile at that response, and crooned to his brother, seeming to relax. Yes... Surely-- surely everything would be well. It had to be. He just hoped nobody judged his brother too swiftly, and the pale male seemed to sigh as he accepted another morsel, beginning to calm himself. Yes, yes.... Things would be alright.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:07 pm
Homely waited patiently as Vasilir made up his mind. The young man had said he would be alright, but she was still concerned. Homely set about looking at some other candidates, but occasionally glancing back at Vasilir as he bandaged his leg, ready to go get a healer should he need one. The young green hovered nearby when the candidate made to stand, positioning herself so that she would be able to break his fall if he lost balance. After a few tense moments of watching him stand she eventually moved away, sensing that he would be more comfortable without her there, and that he was definitely well enough to stand.

Moving further down the line she came to stop in front of two female candidates. Homely peered at their bandages. She gently bumped the girl with the tear-stained face in a sign of encouragement. Looking up at Gwyn she sent a feeling of approval. It was good of her to help those that needed it. She had been very practical in a time when many were losing their heads. Homely thought she was a very smart young woman.

A familiar crackling voice had Homely's head turning. Oh, mother! Turning the green skittered to her mother's side, looking between the much larger green and the egg she now nuzzled. Did she need any help? Was her sibling okay? Standing beside her mother's head she gave Burrowing a hesitant sniff. Hello in there? Were you ready to come out yet? Things were awfully loud out here, but Homely had checked over the candidates and they didn't seem that bad. She was sure there was at least one the Burrowing would like.

BlackFireKitsune
Vasilir

Ryala
Gwyn

TawnyAngel
Lithustoth and Burrowing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:23 pm
Candidate Verria

The lone brown of the clutch so far made his sprightly way towards his own rider and leaned against her legs. It was adorable! How many did that leave now? Verria looked around and realized her chances were quickly closing. There were two greens still on the sands and one unhatched egg.

Which the clutchmother decided to take into hand by encouraging it to hatch. Verria also added her soft cheer that it hatch soon so everyone could admire it. Well at least she'd like to offer the adoration it deserved. She smiled as Homely checked on everyone, and went back to help her mother coax Burrowing out.

Varella and Brown Ardnamuth

It took a moment to register, but when it did Varella did a double take. Aw shaft it, that green was standing by her injured cousin! She'd just made up her mind to go to Vasilir and see if he was alright or needed the healers. The young woman had taken only a couple of steps when a voice stopped her cold.

Well thank you Varella, I suppose I am quite handsome, and you're not so bad yourself. There was the feeling of a smirk and a wink. The brown she'd noted earlier trotted across the sands to rub up against her legs. I am your Ardnamuth, want to get out of here now?

Those rainbow eyes filled her vision. Emotions washed over Varella. Joy, completion, and something else she couldn't describe. She laid a hand upon the striped head of her brown Ardnamuth. While she wanted to take him immediately to the feeding benches, she wanted to check on her cousin.

We can make a quick detour, Ardnamuth offered graciously. "Thanks," she smiled at him. The pair made their way to Vasilir. "Ya ok or need help?" She nodded to the green beside him. Varella thought at first the green had chosen him, but then she moved away. Maybe not.

BlackFireKitsune
Vasilir!

magnadearel

Ryala

Blessed Mage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:30 am
The helpful little green had stopped for a bit with one of the other Candidates, so it was a surprise when she finally continued on. Well, perhaps the one she'd stopped at had needed more help. The hatchling did seem to keep looking back at the lad, as if to be sure that he could manage. When she approached, the green nuzzled the girl who Gwyn had helped, before looking over at her. While she didn't see the green's eyes fill with rainbows, as seemed to be the norm when a dragon Impressed, she definitely received the feeling that this one approved.

And then she was gone, scurrying towards Lithustoth and the last egg.

A small, lopsided grin followed her. This one, it seemed, was rather sensible, and not afraid to make sure that things got done. And she'd seemed to admire the fact that Gwyn would do the same. That was no bad thing.

Now, if the last egg would hatch, and all the hatchlings would finish finding who they needed, they could all be fed, seen to, and relax... humans and hatchlings alike.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:09 am
The Burrowing egg didn't response to its mother's call at first and so she gave it another nudge. When there was still nothing she snorted and started to tap lightly on the shell with one extended claw, it didn't seem that she was trying to break the egg open herself so much as trying to annoy it into finally hatching. After about half a minute the strategy worked; the Burrowing egg gave one hard twitch and then fell into pieces around a healthy stocky green.

User Image

Like her sister the Homely green she bore black markings, unheard of in the time of gold clutches, but in comparison to some of the oddities that had cropped up from green clutches so far it barely got a murmur from most of the crowd.

Shaking herself hard and snorting she gave Lithutsoth a rather baleful look for several moments before relenting and leaning up to touch noses with her. With this greeting complete she turned to the crowd and rumbled deep in her chest; candidates who had visited her egg might well remember her displeasure at the noise that had come along with the touching and so guess why it was that she hadn't been keen to show her face. She was here now though and she needed her rider, and so with another grumble she started towards the candidates at a confident stride.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Ryala

Blessed Mage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:56 am
The occupant of the last egg didn't seem to like being deliberately disturbed like that, though her mother's actions seemed to be successful in getting her to finally break shell. And while Gwyn could sympathise with it on wishing for peace, there was something to be said for actually getting up and doing something without having to be told. Besides, if someone took the initiative, there tended to be less having to deal with people annoying you by telling you to do it.

The helpful green seemed to have a proper attitude, in her opinion.

The diamond patterned green, though... Hmm. Well, that one seemed to be rather particular, though not easily spooked.

Three greens. Would one of them find her acceptable, perhaps?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:27 pm
...Homely was still there, keeping an eye on him. Vasilir didn’t expect such concerned attention, didn’t really know what to do with it - hatchlings always focused more on finding their bonded before going to eat their first meal, after all - but he appreciated it all the same. He offered the attentive green a small nod and another soft “thank you” before he turned to focus on the remainder of the hatching…

...and happened to just barely catch the handsome Prowling brown Impress to one of his cousins. And now they were headed his way, which saved him the trouble of finding her later to congratulate her, though she spoke before he had the chance to. He glanced down at his wounded leg with a grimace; blood had definitely seeped through his makeshift bandages already and it hurt something awful, but it wasn’t as bad as it could be. It wasn’t so bad that he couldn’t stand or walk, or so bad that stubbornly staying and attending the rest of the Hatching couldn’t distract him from the pain for a bit longer. “I’ll need to see a Healer after the Hatching, but I’m fine for now, thank you.” A small smile lit up his face as he nodded at her new bondmate, “Congratulations! What’s his name?”

Movement on the sands caught his attention then and he glanced over to see the last egg hatch into a lovely green, and he couldn’t help but huff a bit at how she had waited so long to hatch and seemed to still want to wait, if her mother hadn’t coaxed her out. Who would she and the last couple of greens Impress to? Would one of them come for him?

The_Muffin_Puppy
Homely

magnadearel
Varella

BlackFireKitsune

Tiny Lunatic

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:44 am
Her sister was off and it seemed like that was that. Homely couldn't argue with her mother's results. Burrowing really had been waiting a long time, best to get a move on. With that in mind she looked up at Lithustoth and gave an affectionate farewell. Homely had duties of her own to attend to after all.

The green trotted back to the candidates, assessing the group. The healers had tended many. There was a lot less blood flowing now and that was a relief. Homely surveyed the sands for a long moment, her eyes touching on various injured candidates, before the green finally gave a satisfied nod. With that in mind the green picked up her trotting. There was no wandering in her motion, the green heading with purpose for one candidate in particular. Her bouncing steps leading her right to Lunathor, where she looked up at the candidate with bright eyes swirling with rainbows.

Sorry for the delay, Lunathor. There were so many things for me to check on. Oh well, no rest for the wicked. The green seemed to chuckle at her own joke. Stepping forward she looked intently at the claw marks on Lunathor's leg, the distinct impression of a sigh coming across their forming bond. That Antolith, he only causes more problems for himself. Try not to hold it against him. Looking back up at Lunathor's face the green sent a wave of love as she nudged at his hands.

Shall we go get something to eat? I'm famished, and you're practically skin and bones.

TawnyAngel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:17 am
As Musculuth found her rider the Burrowing green picked up her pace just a little and lumbered into the arms of a candidate without any further fuss, for them at least she had no grumpiness whatsoever.

Now alone amongst the shards of the clutch's shells Basking hummed to herself and sank back onto all fours, it was time for her to make her choice too and she knew exactly where she was going. Indeed I am particular Gwynwwyn, and you are more than acceptable to me. As she spoke to her chosen rider her eyes flared with slowly pulsing rainbows, and she gave a soft croon as she halted a short distance away from her. Come and meet me, my rider, we have much to offer one another.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:36 am
Candidate Verria

It didn't take too long, though it took Lith some persistence before the final egg broke shell and revealed a final green. Wow. No blues? Not a one? That was surely some kind of record there! Verria took a deep breath. She watched as first one green went to Lunathor, then Burrowing found her rider, and the last green went to another girl.

Just like that the hatching was over, and she was standing here alone. It didn't bother her too much. She'd gotten to see many happy impressions. Verria would congratulate them at the feast, for now she wanted to get off these hot sands!

Varella and Brown Ardnamuth

Varella nodded. From the looks of things, the hatching would be wrapping up pretty quickly now. The last egg had hatched to prove itself a green. She wondered on the lack of blues. Was it just a fluke or a trend? Lith and her rider must surely be happy with three bronzes. Too bad only one brown though.

I am the best brown, Ardnamuth commented to his rider. Her lips twitched with amusement. As her brown, and the only brown of the clutch, of course he was the best. "His name is Ardnamuth," she told her cousin. "We'd better get moving." She glanced at the last unimpressed hatchlings. "Good luck."

With her hand on Ardnamuth's head she headed toward the long away feeding tables, wondering if her cousin would soon join her there. The brown crooned eagerly. Varella picked an empty spot and claimed a bucket for her and her boy. She fed him and watched as the remaining greens brought their new riders. None of them had her cousin attached. Ah well. Maybe next time.

BlackFireKitsune
Vasilir!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:15 pm
As the two greens moved away from the ruins of the final egg, Gwyn watched them as they headed towards those Candidates who remained. The helpful green quickly found her match, and a moment later the black streaked green had also made her selection. Then her attention was drawn away by a flash of movement.

The lovely, diamond patterned green had finally gotten to her feet, and started forward. It seemed that this rather particular green's deliberation had paid off, as she unerringly targeted a single individual...

Indeed I am particular, Gwynwwyn, a voice smoothly slid into her mind, as the green stopped and gazed at her with eyes that seemed to slowly flash, almost hypnotically, in rainbow hues, and you are more than acceptable to me.

The feel of another mind joining with hers, she'd been told would happen when Impression was made. The love that also twined itself around her heart and soul came as a surprise, though. Here was something that she hadn't even known that she'd needed, until that void was filled. And the young hatchling's mind was so delightfully organized and intelligent!

Come and meet me, my rider, the incredible green continued warmly, we have much to offer one another.

"Indeed, it seems we do," Gwyn replied, as she knelt in the hot sand to greet her new lifemate, a full grin bringing a special glow to her expression. "First, might I offer you something to eat? There's food prepared for you and the others," she said, gesturing towards the feeding tables. If she was going to be a rider, she'd best go ahead and try to do the job right. Her dragon was worth it!

That would be very welcome right now, the green agreed. Your Beruth is rather hungry.  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:58 am
Another egg hatched or rather the hatchling appeared, it looked like he must have hatched a while ago and cleaned himself up before stepping out from behind his shell and that brought a hint of a smile to Lunathor's lips, he remembered being that fastidious once upon a time but it just hadn't seemed to matter over the last few turns. Maybe he should start making an effort again, he had enjoyed clothes and doing things with his hair and matching accessories... But then again all of that took a lot of effort that he was probably offer putting into something else.

Soon enough the brown had Impressed, leaving only the Basking green, the Homely green, and the Burrowing egg that was suddenly being called by its mother - surely that one was a blue? It was quite small but there hadn't been any so far and he had to admit that it was a relief to part of him, seeing blues on the sands was always hard even though he'd yet to see one as dark and as beautifully marked as Raith had been. He shouldn't be thinking about him right now, it might upset the unbonded hatchlings and that was the last thing he wanted.

Seeing sweet Homely hurry over to make sure that her siblings was alright, and Lithustoth actually starting to tap on the outside of the shell like a crèche worker at the door of an oversleeping charge made him smile again very faintly - it was a bit of an odd occurrence but if the adult green wasn't worried then neither was he. A few moments later the shell burst open and out stepped - yes another green, small but stocky and despite her initial grumpiness the greeting she gave her mother was very sweet.

With all of the eggs hatched and the chances of Impression dwindling Lunathor ran his gaze across each of the remaining hatchlings. Although newly hatched Burrowing looked purposeful, she didn't even glance in his direction. Basking was still taking her time, not one to make a hurried decision he guessed. Homely was still back where Burrowing had hatched beside her mother, saying farewell perhaps? Biting his lip a little Lunathor turned to see if he could pick Kesarin out of the crowd, had she come today? He couldn't see here but there were so many people up there it was hard to pick out faces, he knew his father would be up there somewhere but he couldn't see him either.

He turned back to the sands just in time to see Homely on the move, she looked very purposeful... She looked almost as though she was coming right towards-

The_Muffin_Puppy
Sorry for the delay, Lunathor. There were so many things for me to check on. Oh well, no rest for the wicked. The green seemed to chuckle at her own joke. Stepping forward she looked intently at the claw marks on Lunathor's leg, the distinct impression of a sigh coming across their forming bond. That Antolith, he only causes more problems for himself. Try not to hold it against him. Looking back up at Lunathor's face the green sent a wave of love as she nudged at his hands.

Shall we go get something to eat? I'm famished, and you're practically skin and bones.

It wasn't like it had been with Raith. The presence that rushed into his mind, heart, and soul was warm and tender where Raith had been bright and exuberant. As she became a part of him Lunathor dropped to his knees and pulled her close, squeezing his eyes shut as a sob tore out of his throat. "Musculuth!" It was different but the same, that wave of overwhelming love that couldn't ever be explained with words. The loss of it couldn't be explained either but she understood, she understood better even than another dragonless could because she could feel what he had been by the space he'd left behind.

Oh he was wonderful wasn't he dear? Musculuth hummed and nuzzled at the tears that streamed down Lunathor's face. The hole in your heart will never go away but together you and I will build a life around it. We will keep it safe, protected, a special place for him to be remembered and loved just as much as he loved you - as much as I love you now.

Lunathor pressed his face into Musculuth's shoulder and let out another choked sob even as a huge grin began to spread across his face. I love you. I love you so much. She was more than he deserved and everything that he needed. I'll make you proud, both of you, I swear it.

Musculuth crooned and pressed as close as she could to her new rider. You already do my dear, you already do.  
Event Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff