Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Moved] Empty Weyrs & Scattered Wings

Back to Guilds

AU Non-canon Pern RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragon, Firelizard, Wher, Impression 

Reply Event Archives
Meet the Menagerie [British Wildlife Hatching] Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:17 am
Siv beamed when Kiliran waved -- not like she wasn't already, but the smile grew broader - and waved too him cheerfully. Without scientific work in front of her mind, it was clear she had an energy and friendliness one might not expect from the self-narrating candidate. Cervath bowed his head beside hr as was polite, but after a moment the dragonet found a bucket suitable enough to hid taste, Siv sitting before the dragonet nosed her hands, the Rider reaching in and finding a chunk. With the smallest of nudges, the woman found a knife and began cutting out silverskin and hgristle from the meat, handing the lean chunks to Cervath, whom surprisingly, took them with significant care and affection, chewing neatly before turning to Ostaroth as he ate.

My Siv? Is a planner, yes. But strong and confident and brave. He swallowed almost unperceptivly before aother lean hunk of meat found him, the dragonet's eyes lazily whorling blues and greens blissfully. I believe one day she will find her goals, with much trial, perhaps... But those goals will be met and handily. She's a bit like dear Antaroth inthat respect.

As Cervasth spoke to his sistyer, Siv settled into butcherng the meat, hands well practiced in the worl as she hummed.

"Reminds me of back home onthe farm with dad, working with meat. We had a small herd of food animals and we sometimes butchered them for food. What about you? Where do youhsail from?" Siv looked to Kiliran, before spying Avali coming, and lit up again, pausing to wave at the new pair excitedly.

"Hey! Come on, don't be shy! There's good talk and good food for the dragons over here!"

And another hunk of lean meat found Cervath's hungry maw, the dragonet trilling and warbling to his siblings happily.

The_Muffin_Puppy

Ryala

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:57 am
Avali hadn't quite reached the tables where the buckets of meat waited for the hungry hatchlings, when Lowrenth suddenly perked up and bounded over to the green who had hatched first. "Lowrenth, wait!" the girl exclaimed, surprised, as she dashed after her new friend.

Ostarath wishes to hear all about you! the green happily replied, her voice somehow implying a toothy grin as she announced this. And there's food!

Indeed, one of the others already there turned and encouraged her to join them. Well, that was nice! With a shy smile, she approached the small, yet growing group. Eyeing the buckets, she tried to decide which one to grab...

I want to pick! Lowrenth piped up eagerly. And without any further ado, the green crouched down, wiggling her hindquarters as she had earlier when it had looked like she was going to pounce the bronze. And then she sprang, right at the table. A couple of the buckets rocked, but one fell, and was instantly pounced upon. This was fun! It would be more fun if she could actually reach the food that her young nose could smell hiding within, but it was definitely fun all the same! Especially as the bucket kept trying to roll...

"Hey!" Avali's startled cry reached her through this new game. "Hold on, let me at least get it open!" The girl carefully avoided looking at the others, as her face heated in embarrassment. What must they think of her and Lowrenth? Prying the lid off of the chosen bucket, she made sure to keep it out of her dragon's reach, instead grabbing a handful of meat and offering it to the green. It seemed to disappear as if by magic. But the look of pure bliss as Lowrenth almost seemed to melt into the Sands with that first mouthful was beautiful.

Oh! Oh yes, this was very good indeed! Well, perhaps she could fill the others in on how wonderful Avali was after she ate! This stuff was too good to waste a single moment on anything else!

The_Muffin_Puppy

NovaCracker

Ryala

Blessed Mage

Ryala

Blessed Mage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:12 am
Tearing a long strip of fabric from the already ruined hem of her robe, Gwyn tied it around her bleeding leg. The scratches didn't seem to be very deep, and hadn't struck a muscle... yes, she was extremely lucky! But they still throbbed painfully.

When she looked up once more, she realized that she'd missed seeing an egg hatch, as a new green was now pacing among the Candidates. It seemed that the hatchling was intent on trying to help those who had been injured. Well, that was no bad thing... rather admirable, in fact.

A moan next to her pulled her attention to the girl next to her. Dark blood welled up from between the girl's fingers as she clutched the wound on her arm and cried. Why in the world didn't the idiot actually try to do something about it? Sighing, Gwyn reached over and tore the ripped sleeve from the injured girl's robe, thinking to herself that the Weyr would need a lot more new robes after this, as she tried to tie the makeshift bandage around the other Candidate's arm. Hard to do when the other refused to move their hand...!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:31 am
Kakar held his leg tightly as he hung his head between his knees, trying hard not to cry, between his emotional state and his physical pain, he was about done with this hatching completely, the only reason he stayed was the greens and the unhatched eggs. He barely moved when a Healer came to check out his wound, refusing to go over to the healer's tables, he just sat, letting the healer bandage the leg as quickly as they could, it was a deep row of gashes but nothing that required immediate removal from the Sands, and though his rump was getting almost too hot to bear, he didn't move a muscle until the healer was done. He carefully stood, gritting his teeth as he leaned more on his good leg and waited for the hatching to be over, so he could leave.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:57 am
As the bronze moved away with his new rider Lunathor grimaced and pushed himself into a sitting position, one hand clasped to his right thigh where talons had cut deep. Healers were making their way across the sands quickly to aid the worst hurt but, judging though his injury wasn't too serious, he got back to his feet with another wince of pain rather than waiting for them - if any other hatchling tried something like that he wanted to have a chance to move out of the way, not that being on his feet had done him much good last time.

As he waited for his heart-rate to slow back to normal Lunathor took stock of the sands, there was a lovely new green now who must have come from... Oh! The Homely egg! Remembering her kindness during the Touching it didn't surprise him at all that she was going around making sure everyone was alright, and the sight brought a smile to his face.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:04 pm
During her brother's rampage the Hoarding green had frozen, seemingly more in shock than in fear for although her eyes flared a bright orange-yellow she didn't cower away. It was her sister Homely's hatching that shook her out of her daze, and with a high little 'peep!' she suddenly raced towards the candidates, and as she set eyes on one of them her eyes shifted to a stronger more worried yellow for a moment before bursting into rainbows.

Oh no, I didn't have a plan for this outcome! Are you alright Kakar? I am Leucorth, I'm sorry I'm late!

As she reached her new rider the miniature dragon hummed soothingly and reared up on her hind legs with her wings outstretched, as though awaiting an embrace.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:01 pm
Kakar didn't even look at the dragons and eggs, he was feeling very tired and heartsick, only paying attention at the sound of a "peep" and running dragon feet, he prepared to get out of the way when sand sprayed him as the tiny green who had made him smile earlier when all seemed dark, stopped on a pin, eyes flashing yellow briefly before turning rainbow.

Suddenly Kakar felt a presence slam into his brain, not violently, oh no ... never violent but suddenly THERE and nothing else mattered

Oh no, I didn't have a plan for this outcome! Are you alright Kakar? I am Leucorth, I'm sorry I'm late!

Kakar stared blankly for a moment

"Whut", he blinked a few times before shaking his head and almost falling into the tiny green's embrace, the both rolled onto the Sands, Kakar laughing, on his back, Leucorth standing on his chest, "You are definitely not LATE Leucorth....Leu, My Leuleu, i was just early" He sat up, holding her to him but she squirmed to get down, going in circles around him as he stood, carefully avoiding too much weight on his bad leg "And i'm better now, you make everything better" he said, barely more than a whisper

From the stands came an extremely loud "WHOOOOOOOOOOO KAKAR WHOOOOOP WHOOOP" as K'kaw saw his twin Impress, he couldn't be HAPPIER.... in fact the only time he had ever been happier than right now was when he Impressed to Caffieth, who had was now bouncing around in the rain outside the hatching grounds, just as excited for His' brother.

Kakar snapped his head around, surprised by the outburst from K'kaw, before suddenly bursting into tears, the hugest smile across his face, "HER NAME IS LEUCORTH!" he yelled at his twin, in a strangled soblaugh, Speaking of which, he was nudged from behind at the same time a clenching hunger made him almost bend double Kakar, i am very hungry now, i'd like to eat Kakar felt ashamed "i'm so sorry my Leulove" he led her quickly to the tables, where she promptly made him grab at least two buckets more than she could possible need, just to make sure she had enough... and then some.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:22 pm
... there! Gwyn finally managed to secure the fabric on the girl's arm, just before a loud yell erupted from the Stands. Sharding spectator! Yeah, so someone they knew Impressed, but did they have to be so stupid about it?! Hopefully, the moroff hadn't startled either of the greens still on the Sands... they didn't need to have another panicked hatchling, let alone two!  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:39 pm
As exuberance for the latest Impression rang out from the Stands, and as the Basking green continued her steady inspection of the candidates, another hatchling made themselves known.

User Image

The brown sauntered out from behind his egg looking rather pristine, he must have hatched some time earlier and settled down to clean himself up before showing his face to the Weyr. He was a rather large fellow, larger in fact than either the Babbling bronze Lutrath or bronze Cervath, and quite stockily built and yet somehow still incredibly graceful. A short distance away from his egg he paused, stretched, and yawned before continuing his casually confident approach towards the candidates.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:54 pm
Kiliran and Green Ostarath

Ostarath drank in every word Cervath spoke, completely attentive to hearing about her brother's new rider. She sounds wonderful! The green replied as she took another piece of meat. The bucket was almost empty, and her stomach was starting to feel rather full. Kiliran had been told that would make the green sleepy, but Ostarath had other plans. Things were far too exciting for her to go to sleep now.

"Keroon Hold, whole life up until a few months ago." It certainly sound like a different set-up to the other new weyrling. Kiliran had never butchered an animal or harvested a crop. He'd lived in the hold proper his whole life. It was a lot like the Weyr really. Maybe that was why he hadn't really struggled to adapt to the crowded location. "I'm Kiliran by the way," he offered as way of introduction.

As the newest pair arrived Kiliran waved to them as well. The newest weyrling seemed to be having trouble with her dragon being just a little too rambunctious. The antics just made Kiliran smile. Ostarath watched her bounding sister with amusement. That's Lowrenth, she informed him cheerfully. She's like that. I like her a lot. Another piece of meat was slowly chewed as the green thought it over.

Another pair arrived and Kiliran had to admit they were a rather intimidating looking pair. Not so much the girl, but definitely her blood covered bronze. He looked to Ostarath and the green looked sadly at her brother, reaching out briefly to brush her mind against that of her brother's. Kiliran looked down at his dragon, asking questions without words. Antolith. He got upset. He's nice really. This isn't like him. I think he needs some time. Kiliran reached out and gently stroked the green's neck, Ostarath eagerly leaning back into the attention.

Another pair approached and Ostarath reached out once more to her sibling, while Kiliran once again waved. Leucorth, you found yours! Tell me all about him! The dragon pointedly chose to ignore the blood on the young man. The implication between the newly arriving blood covered members were clear, and even as young as she was, Ostarath didn't see the need to draw attention to it.

NovaCracker

Ryala

Revel1984

Telleara and Bronze Antolith.

By the time the reached the feeding tables fatigue was setting in to Antolith. Telleara gently stroked the dragon's cheek. Sit down, darling. I'll fetch you something to eat. Antolith rumbled a deep agreement. Leading his rider, Antolith unerring walked to Cervath's side, sitting down heavily next to his paler brother. He crooned a tired greeting to the other bronze. Antolith moved as though to nuzzle his favourite siblings, but stopped short. He looked down at his blood splattered hide. Cervath would not appreciate it. He liked things to be clean. It was probably upset him if Antolith were to make him messing. Crooning once again the dragon drew back, he would have to seek the comfort of his sibling later.

Leaving her dragon in what Antolith assured her was the capable care of Cervath, Telleara walked to the selection of meat buckets. Her browsing was short lived, the young woman quickly selecting the bucket of thick pieces. Returning to her dragon's side, the weyrling knelt down in front him. She carefully handed a piece of meat over, which Antolith gratefully took. After the second piece the bronze began to sink lower, shifting onto his stomach. Meat was slowly chewed and carefully swallowed. The dragon lost deep in his own thoughts.

Telleara looked at the bronze as she handed him another piece of meat. Her brow creasing as he didn't eat with the same enthusiasm as his siblings. It was unfamiliar, but she tried to gently probe into the bronze's thoughts, carefully seeking out the answers within the young dragon's mind. They weren't hard to find. The upset at his actions, the hurt he had caused, the thoughts he had heard directed at him throughout the hatching. Her poor soft-hearted darling, so concerned with what others thought about him. Catching the hem of her robe Telleara reached out and started to wipe the drying blood off Antolith's hide. He could have been coated nose to tail and she would love him anyway, but even if it only meant his siblings would feel easier around him, hopefully it helped the young mind be more at ease.

NovaCracker

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50

Ryala

Blessed Mage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:42 pm
So much seemed to be going on right now. The bronze who had attacked was now being led to the feeding tables, a brown hatchling had mysteriously appeared, and the two greens still surveyed the Candidates, though one of them was just looking rather than helping. And one last egg remained...

So, what was likely to happen next? Wavering on her feet in her torn, bloodstained white robe, as she tried to keep from upsetting the cloth bandage on her thigh, Gwyn watched the striped brown approaching.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:44 pm
"I'm Siv. A pleasure!" The girl nodded to Kiliran, and beamed to Avali, nodding hello as Cervath accepted another cleaned piece of lean meat. The fat -- gristle and unwanted bits - fell away from the bucket purposefully, allowing the pale bronze to wait eagerly for Siv to clean meat for him. As Lowrenth behgan to move about the area, Cervath seemed to smile, eyes remaining the blissful whorl of blue and green as he offered his sister his greetings.

I am so glad you have yours, Lowrenth. I am hopeful you are not long apart bnefore findingher? Cervath greeted polite;y, before neatly nosing a peice of the fat from his meat her way in a form of acknowledgement. Surely she'd enjoy it far mote?

And then his dear brother Antolith came and Cervath warbled several moments before a lick of orange flashed in his eyes in concern at his brother's condition. A grateful croon to be spared the mess greeted Antolith immediately, but Cervath worried for his bolder brother, the soft colored bronze making several creels and ewarbled vocalizing his worry and love for his dearest brother, even as Antolith's rider returned. No, he worried, and heknew how Antolith was with others, the male worrying for his far proud brother.

Antolith? Are you... Are you alright? Cervath's eyrs remained orange, earning a concerned look as Siv offered her dragon another piece of meat. For the moment, it went ignored. Cervath had something nigh as important to worry for.

Ryala
Wastee not want now says Cervath

The_Muffin_Puppy
Fussy brother

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

BlackFireKitsune

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:27 pm
As much as Vasilir wanted to get up off the hot sands and back onto his feet, the wound on his leg made it rather difficult. Every time he tried to move it hurt and-- was it bleeding more now? Did he make it worse? Shells, maybe he--

Another dragonet was approaching him while he was still on the ground, and Vas couldn’t help but tense up and freeze, just watching her warily and hardly daring to breathe let alone move, just in case. She had no rainbows in her eyes, and her mind did not meld with his, and given the actions of the last hatchling to come near him, he felt his concern over an unbonded dragonet approaching him entirely justified.

But the green seemed to merely be looking at his wound, not interested in making it worse or adding another or anything, and Vas allowed a little bit of his tension to fade. “I’m not…” I’m not sure, he wanted to say, but he didn’t want to admit it aloud; surely a little flesh wound wouldn’t stop him from Standing? Not when there were still unbonded dragons and unhatched eggs on the Sands. “Yes, I can,” he said instead, though he hesitated to actually do so at first. He should actually wrap his leg first, but more importantly… “Thank you for worrying about me. I’m sure someone else could use your help more than me, though. I’ll be alright.”

Once Homely was properly thanked, Vas set about tearing off a decent sized strip of cloth from the bottom edge of his robes that wasn’t too badly bled on and quickly wrapped it around his leg to at least staunch the bleeding a bit. It would do for the time being, until a Healer could bandage it properly. With that done, Vas carefully pushed himself back up on unsteady feet, determined not to fall again despite the pain in his leg. He managed not to, and took at least some semblance of comfort from the knowledge that at least his leg wasn’t too badly injured, if he could still stand alright. Walking he would figure out in another minute or two.

When he finally looked back out over the Sands to assess what eggs still had yet to hatch and which hatchlings had yet to Impress, he quickly caught sight of Prowling and wondered when the handsome brown had hatched; in the midst of Heart’s chaos, or before then? Not that it really mattered in the end, so long as he found his rider. Preferably without injuring anyone in the process, although so far none of the other hatchlings seemed too inclined to maul anyone, thankfully.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:52 pm
Candidate Verria

Things seemed quiet among the eggs until Homely showed otherwise. A piece of shell went flying from the egg and the dragonet squeaked and pulled back. Aawwwww poor baby. Don't be afraid, she thought warmly to the baby, trying to encourage it. They were all here to provide the best choice for it.

Verria laughed as Babbling stopped by for a quick visit. He soon found his own rider. Hoarding almost moved. Then another green appeared. Which egg had that one come from? Varria wondered briefly. A bellow from Heart made her whip her head around to see him go back and pick a girl from the candidates. Good for them!

An adorable green emerged from Homely. She looked toward the healers and seemed to be commanding them. Then one of the other greens found her rider and ran to him. Verria happily snuffed back a tear.

Candidate Varella

Varella sighed softly after Babbling as he passed her by. Ah well. She wished him and his new rider well. Several greens still roamed the sands. Movement back among the eggs caught her attention. Which one had moved? It looked to be Basking, which released another green.

Heart seemed to be having a hard time and she winced as he voiced his displeasure. He went back and picked a girl from among the candidates. Yet another green made her appearance. Varella was beginning to wonder if the whole shafted clutch was bronze or green. That's it.

She wasn't quite sure what all the fuss was about that the green was making. The teen watched as she went among the candidates, paying particular attention to those wounded or hurt, to stop at a boy hurt by the bronze. Now that she looked and noticed, there appeared to be quite a few wounded. When had that happened? she wondered.

Ah there! A handsome brown made his appearance. All clean and presentable she noted with amusement.  

magnadearel

Ryala

Blessed Mage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:49 am
Lowrenth's food was already nearly finished when her brother offered her a tidbit. Oh, that was rather nice! The green happily snapped it up as she waited for the next handful from her chosen. Thank you! she replied with a look that seemed to be a grin. And it wasn't really a long wait, but she was sad when I got to her. She's lots better now! Lowrenth went on happily as she chewed. She's so nice, and smart, and likes to help! And what about yours? she asked her large bronze brother as he approached on the other side of Cervath with Telleara.

NovaCracker
Cervath

The_Muffin_Puppy
Ostarath and Antolith

Event Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items