Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Moved] Empty Weyrs & Scattered Wings

Back to Guilds

AU Non-canon Pern RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragon, Firelizard, Wher, Impression 

Reply Event Archives
Meet the Menagerie [British Wildlife Hatching] Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:43 am
BOOSH!

For but a moment, Siv had been trying to see what the dragonets were doing, focusing onanalysing their behaviours as she watched, but then Sun's Ray had hatched.

The gleaming gold was not what Siv expecyted. Northern Golds were extrinct, gone, forcing reliance on greens -- right?

Apparently, they were very possible in green clutches, and Siv pivoted too fast to keep up and watch, one leg going out of valance sending her plummeting must ungracefully to her bottom in the sand, greenish eyes wide as mealplates as Siv sputtered.

"I. What. How. When. Wjat the. RTHAT'S A SHARDS-BLESSED GOLD!?" Forget quiet Siv's entirecalculating demeanor was shot to hell, the goof underneath it exposed to all asd she ignored the heat several serconds, trying to stop sputtering and stammering before shaking her head. She remembered that egg. Make the world a better place she'd do indeed.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:55 am
Gwyn

Oh. My. Was that... Did a gold just hatch?! Awed, even Gwyn's gaze was caught by the sight of the shining hatchling. Not that she cared whether she Impressed a gold or not, except that if she were to help keep a gold alive and healthy, she would better serve Pern! But golds also seemed to be revered, and raised to lead, were they not? She had no problems with facing the job, if that be the case, but she really didn't desire such a position.

Still, the bright hatchling was hard not to stare at.

----------

Avali

When the occupant of the large egg was finally revealed, Avali's eyes widened in surprise, and her jaw dropped. No. Way. A... a gold?! Or was it? At any rate, the hatchling was absolutely stunning! With bated breath, the girl watched, eyes bigger than dinner platters, to see who the newest hatchling would find worthy. She never forgot the hope that they had offered her, so she again sent a silent wish for the beautiful being to Impress the best rider.  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:30 pm
The_Muffin_Puppy
Kesarin

How did you cope with the loss of half of your heart and soul? He had asked himself that question many times when he'd made the decision to come north but he'd never found an answer, he had only known that he believed it was worth it. Nemanath however had barely been brushed by the plague that had taken so many away and so here he was still bonded and whole while this young woman was...

He knew life was unfair but sometimes it really cut deep.

"You have nothing to apologise for," S'var replied, his voice gentle but grave as he took Kesarin's arm and led her to a place near the edge of the stands so that she could get out easily if she needed to. "Here then, I'll sit with you if that's alright?" S'var gave Kesrain a small smile and offered her the waterskin from his belt. "I'm here to watch for three of my grandchildren, I would be surprised if they all Impressed at once but it would be wonderful if they did." He wasn't sure how much the idle talk would help, if it would help at all, but at least it let her know that he wasn't just staring at her and judging her grief.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:23 pm
Candidate Verria

She rung her hands slightly in worry as the bronze headed for his green sister. Oh dear! They weren’t gonna fight were they?! It was clear Leaping had no intention of it as she fled along the line of candidates. Verria hoped the green would find her rider quickly and get off the sands away from him.

The teen let out a soft sigh as the bronze showed no real interest in chasing down his sister. He was too handsome for actions like that. She was distracted as Leaping gave her a friendly nudge. Verria smiled at the green, but felt no Impression. Leaping wasn’t for her, and soon moved on.

Other eggs were also showing signs their occupants wanted free. The first green Impressed. Two more greens hatched. And the bronze went back among his egg-ed siblings. It was adorable that he was waiting for one of them! And that seemed to help as another beautiful hatchling appeared. Her eyes went wide as for a moment she thought it was a gold. It couldn’t be could it?

Candidate Varella

The bronze puffed himself up just enough to send his cheeky sister on her way. He posed himself for the candidates to admire him. Varella nodded to him before movement among the other eggs caught her attention. Babbling and Fantastic were most eager to get out, but Fantastic won first. Another green appeared on the sands.

Leaping didn’t take much longer to home in on her own rider and claim him. The bronze was interested in one of the other eggs. He was going to take his time while another green hatched from the Apex egg. One of the greens raced toward the candidates. Varella kept enough of an eye on the exuberant green to keep herself out of the way. Her eyebrow arched as the first bronze encouraged his sibling free of their egg. What was that? A light bronze or gold?  

magnadearel

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:38 pm
Kakar pointedly ignored Telleara and would have given her no more thought.. but the next egg hatched was the one that had been side by side with the Heart Bronze and was a .....GOLD?.... his stomach sank, oh please don't go to Telleara, she would be absolutely insufferable and definitely didn't deserve the pale beauty that emerged. He sighed wistfully, trying to keep his mind on encouraging thoughts towards the dragons but it was hard, but... what appeared to be a gold hatching from a green's clutch was ... amazing. though bronzes were just as impressive, any healthy dragon was great to be honest.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:17 pm
As murmurs spread around the cavern Sun's Ray stepped closer to Heart and warbled uncertainly, so much attention! Surely it was better due to Heart than it was to Sun's Ray? In response Heart crooned and draped a wing over his slender sibling's back; he did not mind sharing glory with the one he loved most... Most except the one he needed. The large bronze's eyes swept the rank of candidates once more and- was that a flicker of yellow in his gaze? Surely not, for Heart was confident in all things and he showed it by giving Sun's Ray an nudge of encouragement.

Sun's Ray crooned softly and took a hesitant step forward, then another, and another, until the elegant hatchling was stepping across the Sands if not confidently then at least with purpose. He already knew where he was going, that yell had been rather unmistakable.

Siv my dear I am no gold, but I am your Cervath. Will you come with me? Much lies ahead of you, but I must eat first.

As Cervath walked on to greet his rider Heart stopped and cast around once more. Where to go from here? After a moment of consideration he peeled off to the left. Verria got a slight nod of approval as he passed by her, clearly there was something about the girl he respected but he did not linger.

And then, all of a sudden, the tiny Hoarding egg split and a tiny green head poked out. The hatchling chirped her triumph before giving a squeak of surprise as he egg toppled and started to roll. It didn't get too far however and after a quick shake the head vanished once more. One heartbeat passed, then two, three, and then the egg cracked open and Hoarding clambered out of it with a pleased trill - success!

User Image

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:25 pm
Weyrling Zirza

It had been a pretty average Hatching until the pale metallic dragonet had appeared. By average, Zirza meant it was still exciting, lively, and full of emotion; but nothing too unusual had happened. She recognized some of the Candidates from her time looking for her partner, particularly a girl she vaguely recalled named Telleara, and a boy named Kakar, who she had thought was pretty foolish, crying on the sands during the Hatching where she met her dear Marelth. Apparently, the two weren't exactly getting along, as she had seen another Candidate she didn't recognize get between them. Then one of the first eggs rolled over and hatched a green, as if to help break up the conflict. Zirza lost track of what happened with them after that, as the appearance of a bronze, the movement of the other eggs, and the Impressions of the first few greens drew her attention.

Marelth was stuck outside, so the pair tried their best to practice seeing through each other's eyes, so that Marelth could see what was happening inside, and Zirza could see how Marelth and the other dragons felt about the goings-on. They were only able to give each other glimpses, but it was better than nothing.

Are you still okay in the rain, love? Zirza thought to her green, worried that she'd catch something in the cold.

The rain feels nice and I would not miss this for the world! Marelth replied, her soothing voice having more of a spike of excitement than usual. You can dry me off and oil me after everything is done.

It was during their convo that the pale bronze hatched from his shell, and Zirza's eyes widened. "Whoa, is that a GOLD?" she couldn't help but yell out loud, the shock of it making her forget her indoor voice. She felt Marelth startle, too.

Show me if you can, dear! I want to see!

-> Bolds for mentions  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:26 pm
The gold....maybe? .. Impressed to a girl, not a surprise there, what was a surprise was it was THAT girl, the weird one that narrated everything. Strange but dragons knew who was theirs... it was harder to keep his spirits up though as it meant one more dragon that didn't want him.

He had to smile at the little green hatching from Hoarding though, that was funny. He might not have laughed but the gloom lifted from his heart, for a moment anyway.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:27 pm
TawnyAngel
S'var

Kesarin

The young woman followed without resistance. It was somewhat easier for her to follow someone else's lead. One foot in front of the other. That was what she needed to do. She trusted in the rider to lead her to where she needed to go, so Kesarin only needed to focus on moving forward. Even as she fought to shut out the intrusive thoughts. That's what she had been taught. Not everything she thought was real. It was hard, but it could be done. She mentally leaned into Jitter, the little blue quickly pressing his adoration back against her mind. He loved his person. Jitter didn't like any persons, except his person, so his person must be good. Even if she didn't think so.

Managing a small nod when S'var offered to sit with her, the young woman accepted the waterskin. "Thank you," she said softly. After a small sip she offered it back to the older man. She listened as he spoke, having something to ground her that wasn't looking at eggs and dragons was nice. "My friend... Lunathor is down there." Her eyes started to scan the sands. "His Raith, he- he lost him..." Trailing off Kesarin felt the negative emotions starting to well up once more. Then her eyes came to rest on Lunathor. Her mouth twitched, in something akin to the ghost of a smile. "He's trying again."

Telleara
The candidate watched Heart encourage Sun's Ray with decent enough interest. It was a pleasant thing to watch, but despite hoping the pair impressed, she wasn't overly invested. As a pale nose pushed out of the shell though Telleara's eyes narrowed. Feet followed and the young woman straightened up. Any enjoyment from needling other candidates instantly flickered out. As the young dragon came to stand on the sands, Telleara couldn't have cared less about any of the other people in the cavern.

Even eyes could deceive, and Telleara wasn't about to go all doe-eyed and soft hearted now that this gold was here. It had been one of her two avenues, but far from the likely one. The plan was more one of practicality than actual hope, and now that Telleara was actually looking at the focus of those plans it didn't make her as immediately as happy as perhaps she had thought it would. No, instead it set the wheels of her mind into motion. This changed everything. Not her everything. The Weyr's everything. The delicate structure and those that were seeking to build new ones would take a serious strike from this development.

Still there was work to be done. Telleara reached out to the newest hatchling. Not something that she was accustomed to. Despite all her standings, her mind had remained firmly walled off from impression. Yet here was the option she had. Forming words felt uncomfortable to her. So she only presented the feeling of readiness, not trying to hide her ambition. They could achieve so much together. They would achieve so much together. Her eyes darted to Heart as he drapped his wing over his slender sibling. They are Heart. Sun's Ray's brother would be a worthy companion for them both.

Then it was all gone. The gold was gone and hadn't even given her a glance. Outwardly Telleara's expression didn't change as she looked at the newest pair. This was not what she planned. Not what she had wanted. However, turns of training hadn't created someone who couldn't adjust. This candidate wasn't one she had interacted with. A relationship would need to be established. If not a friendship, at least an alliance of some kind. A goldrider was a worthy ally. Especially if Telleara could get her into a position of power and keep the alliance once her candidacy was over.

Yes. It hadn't been what she wanted, but Telleara was far from out of ideas.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:38 pm
The gold?! and bronze were moving. Slow, hesitant at first, but she? seemed to know where she? was going and Siv blinked from the sands, watching before realizing the dragonet was coming for herr.

Siv blinked once, twice, before the creature's thoughts entered hers not with the bombast Siv has, but as a soft breath at first, addressing her.

Siv my dear I am no gold, but I am your Cervath. Will you come with me? Much lies ahead of you, but I must eat first.

"You. I." Siv squeaked, before the dragonet drew nose, nosing his rider softly as she reached and hugged the dragonet, ignoring the hot sands for several more moments before rising slowly.

"Of course it's foine, my dear. As long as you forgive me for the mistake." Siv smiled -- Cervath was so shy, and Siv gently stroked the bronze's head as the slender creature cuddled close.

"We'll get you fed, But first." Siv looked around, and smiled a bit. "He's a bronze." She raised her voice for the caverns to hear before people could carry on too much. "He's a bronze. My bronze Cervath."

And then, head held high, she walked with the dragonet, gently touching him the entire path to the feeding tables. Not like people should judhe him. As far as Siv as concerned, Cervath was Perfect.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Ryala

Blessed Mage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:05 pm
Gwyn

Well, that was sorted swiftly and neatly. So, he had been a bronze after all, huh? Gwyn was happy for the girl he'd chosen, but didn't envy her. How many people would be watching that gorgeous dragon, wishing he were theirs? And clearly, he didn't desire such attention.

No, best to focus on the hatchlings remaining, and see if one took a liking to her.

At that moment, the smallest egg revealed the green it had been hiding... and then the egg shifted, and the hatchling ducked back within the confines of it's bitty shell stopped a short distance from where it had started. When the shell finally fell away, the tiny green happily emerged, and Gwyn admired the pretty thing. She glanced over to where the green from the orange egg was still at, and the bronze who still paced nearby, and waited.

----------

Avali

Oh, and now the beautiful, heartwarming hatchling had chosen another. Dismayed, she heard the girl announce that the dragon was actually a bronze, not gold. Still, she silently wished them well. She'd genuinely wanted the best for that one, well clearly that Candidate had been the best for them.

Still, she had to force herself to tear her eyes away from him and focus on the rest of the eggs and hatchlings. The dark bronze was moving down the line if Candidates, but there was still a green out there, too... No, make that two greens, as the tiny purple egg cracked and rolled before finally spilling it's contents. Oh my, and she was so tiny!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:44 am
As Cervath moved off with his new rider and as Heart moved a bit further away Fantastic picked herself up again, yawning and stretching rather pointedly; was it her turn again now? It seemed it wasn't lost on the green that all eyes had left her the moment that Cervath had hatched, but she also seemed to take it with good humour rather than injured pride.

Hoarding gave a quiet 'cheep!' as she spotted her sister and padded over to give her a friendly nudge, which Fantastic returned with a rumble and then a slight playful shove - time to move! It took Fantastic a moment to decide which way to head but before long she seemed to pick up on what she'd been searching for before and made her way towards the little group that had been bickering earlier. Hoarding seemed to give her own options some thought for a moment before chirping and taking off after Fantastic, no harm in beginning together!

Some distance away Heart had got to the end of the rank of candidates seemingly without finding what he was looking for. The large bronze left out a snort, turned, and loped back to where he'd started before slowing and making his way down this half of the rank. Flickers of orange were starting to rung through his eyes again now, how was it that his siblings were finding their riders before him? It was not acceptable!

Spotting Heart as he went by the Fantastic green snorted derisively and looked back at the group of candidates before her with a swirl of brighter blue running around each eye, as though she was rolling them. Then, all at once, she turned to Avali and her eyes turned to rainbows.

Here's one more who will beat him then! Avali I am your Lowrenth and you are perfect, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:51 am
When the girl who had impressed the 'gold' cried out that he was a bronze, Kakar's stomach sank .. another dragon he could have Impressed but found him lacking and chose another. He clenched his fists at his sides, no... he wasn't going to run away, not yet, there were still dragons on the Sands.

He turned his attention to the greens and the Bronze on the sands. reaching out towards them in his thoughts... pleasepleaseplease see me... want me it was less words, more a feeling, bordering on desperation at this point, he wasn't sure how many more clutches he could stand at and walk away alone.

Suddenly a green, he couldn't remember which egg she was from, impressed to the girl beside him,, he could tell by the look on her face as well as the rainbows in the green's eyes.... no...no this wasn't FAIR... he dug his fingernails into his palms and tried to give what he thought was a congratulatory smile, it was really more of a grimmace, before turning away, watching the other dragons.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:08 pm
As the two greens and the bronze sought their riders the Babbling egg, active for some time now, finally started to break open. First a wing thrust out and flailed around, the base shade was a deep rich brown but with a certain shimmer that gave the hatchling away as a bronze. Even if it hadn't the beautiful swirling markings that became visible when he flared out his wing-fingers certainly would have. After a couple more slightly undignified moments the Babbling Bronze managed to get his wing back into the egg and then to expand the hole and push his way out into the world.

User Image

Apparently completely unaware of his stunning good looks, or unconcerned by them if he was aware, he wasted no time on grandstanding and instead gave a joyous cry and started to bound towards the nearest candidates*.

The Basking Egg meanwhile started to shift subtly as cracks began to spiderweb across its diamond-patterned surface, quiet though it had been so far it didn't seem as though it would take much longer for this hatchling to break free.

* First to react to him can be in that group if they want!  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Ryala

Blessed Mage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:40 pm
Avali tried to maintain interest in the Hatching. She really did. And true, the tiny green from the smallest egg was adorable. But deep down, the girl felt like a spectator, rather than a participant.

The one egg that had given her such hope, such inspiration, had hatched a stunning dragon who hadn't even glanced at her.

How could one who had made her feel worthy, now act as though she didn't exist?

She went from feeling excited to feeling worthless in an instant.

When the dark bronze returned, the girl watched him as he again started looking over every individual, clearly having trouble determining who was his. She saw him pass one of the greens, and... wait, did that green hatchling just roll her eyes? Was that even possible?

And suddenly, that gaze was directed at her.

Here's one more who will beat him then! she heard clearly in her mind. But... what? No, she must be daydreaming again. She wasn't...

Avali, the voice continued as the green's eyes started swirling in rainbow hues. I am your Lowrenth and you are perfect, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

...oh! She... was perfect? She was worthy! She'd Impressed!

And just like that, the loneliness and sorrow that had held her in it's grip was erased, and the space where it had been filled with Lowrenth's presence.

Stepping away from the pair who had argued despite her intervention, Avali knelt in the hot sand, tears of joy pouring down her face as she wrapped her arms around Lowrenth's neck.

The green hummed comfortingly and snuggled against the girl. Yes, this one was her rider... and no one would hurt her girl now!  
Event Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff