Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:08 am
Weyrlingmaster R'ulfr

Of course the Weyrlingmaster was in attendance, waiting off to the side of the Sands at the feeding tables. It was one of the most important days of his life. His third youngest child had finally Impressed. He was first and it was a Brown. Silently tears ran down his face, but they were wiped away before his son had arrived.

"Dad! Look! His name is Coerelth!" the boy exclaimed.

R'ulfr guided them to a seat and set a bucket of meat down between them. "Congratulations, R'gar. You know what to do." He wrote their names down in a ledger that he kept for his records. He had known for years what his son wanted to call himself. But now R'gar wasn't just his son. He was his student, and he wasn't going to get any special treatment.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:04 pm
At first the little green thought there was something... but no, she wasn't the one. Sorry. Sun Parakeet stared at Varella in confusion. This was not going to be an easy search, as her intended was not going to be just anyone. Her eyes did not swirl with rainbows, but after a moment they did swirl with happy colors: blue and green. She was definitely up for the challenge! Without a word, she hopped up in the air once and wandered away, looking for the right one for her.

Similarly to Toco Toucan, she came to the end of the candidates without finding her match. She did not lose hope and she did not become frightened. Who was hers? She scanned all the people present. There were not just candidates. There were others, too: helpers, and healers, and spectators. She looked more carefully at all of them.

User Image
(Sun Parakeet, Solth)

Toco Toucan received some kind advice from a among the candidates. She knew Zamistia, Kakar, and Helane were not hers, but she thought that the candidates would make good matches for someone. Thank you, kind people!

Taking their advice to heart, she moved away from the Candidates and focused on the Stands. How strange for them to be up there. If a dragon could find their match among them, then perhaps they should all stand on the Sand? It would save some time, surely!

But then she heard a "voice" among the crowd. One that directly addressed her, and quite rudely. Ooh! she growled. Where was that someone...

An angry honk greeted Serfie for her rude comment. Don't call me an idiot! You're an idiot.

That is no idiot! That is my rider! Angry did not begin to describe Sun Parakeet's feelings right now as she dove between Toco and Serfie, shoving a shoulder at her sister and baring abnormally large teeth at her. Having shrewdly followed Toco along the Stands, it was as if Sun Parakeet was forever stuck behind her sister's retreating form. When she finally saw Serfie up ahead sitting at the far end of the Stands, she feared that Toco would take Serfie from her. Rainbows flashed before Serfie. Reds flashed before Toco, swallowing the rainbow. Stay away! She's Mine.

Serfie! I, Solth, am yours! I'm sorry I was not here to protect you before. No dragon will threaten my rider. Not even my sister. Not even my grandmother.
The hatchling looked over her shoulder at Lithustoth.

Meanwhile, Toco was knocked back on her haunches and her anger abated. An Impression? Well! But I didn't come here for her. I came for Meana! Mine! It was a misunderstanding. What is not a misunderstanding is that you are worthy of a dragon! And you are my rider! I am Tocoth!

User Image
(Toco Toucan, Tocoth)  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:05 pm
Candidate Verria

"Thank you," she murmured as the new pair made their off to the feeding tables. With the brown safely impressed, Verria turned her attention back to the rest of the hatchlings. She'd missed so much while engaged with the Blue Tang. Most of the other eggs had already hatched. There was now two blues and three greens running around.

One blue quickly found his rider. Two of the greens went to the stands to pick theirs. After a little squabble of some kind, everything was soon sorted out. Verria silently wished the new riders good luck. That just left two little dragons. She watched the pair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Candidate Varella

Varella sighed softly, but smiled. "That's quite alright. Go find yours." The green wasn't for her. She stood back up as Sun Parakeet moved off toward the stands suggested by some other candidates. Along with the Toco Toucan green. That didn't leave many left as she saw both greens find their riders sitting next to each other.

The lone brown had also find his. Varella weighed her chances with the remaining green and blue. One of them perhaps? It didn't look good with how many candidates were still also waiting.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:12 am
Gwyn watched as another green hatchling searched through those people offered for her and her sibs, and like her sister met with no luck. However, this didn't seem to upset her as it had the other. Instead, she looked around, and as the troubled, dark-chested green started towards the stands, the white-pawed green decided to follow.

Watching as the two headed away, Gwyn wondered at this. All the Candidates still hopefully waiting, but none were worthy for not simply one, but two hatchlings?!

Suddenly, a small scuffle seemed to break out amongst the pair, fortunately ended quickly as first one, then the other of the greens looked up at a pair of girls seated next to each other. The one, if she remembered correctly, was actually the younger sister of the Candidate who seemed to keep getting offended. The other was the person who had been lurking on the Sands earlier. Well... This was certainly a surprise!

Looking away from this incredible sight, she glanced at the younger girl's sister... Cyrilla, she believed it was. How was she taking this?  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:49 pm
With four dragons Impressed, two remaining, Lunathor's heart was beginning to sink. He'd known that his chances weren't high, nobody's were today, but he'd started to hope that maybe.... And there still was that maybe, the hatching wasn't over yet! These smaller clutches would take getting used to though, so far it looked like three or four was normal for a first clutch - though Starleth had doubled that - and they'd just have to adjust to that. On the plus side though he didn't think anyone would object to more regular hatching feasts.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:39 pm
Tassiel was losing hope. There were only two dragons left and too many candidates. Most of the candidates here would be going back to the barracks. He knew he’d probably be among them.

The dragonets were certainly adorable, though. Even that grumpy blue one. He seemed to have found his match in Zamistia.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:58 pm
I'm sorry I cannot be yours. But you will find Yours. Don't give up! Scarlet Macaw appreciated Kakar's willingness to put on a cheerful face despite his disappointment.

When the hatchling stopped to get his bearings, it occurred to him that many of the Candidates were similarly down. Even though there were still two to go today, and many more in the future, some had lost hope. Why?

Soft breath spread out across the palm of Tassiel's hand. A tiny blue muzzle booped him. Why are you and the others losing hope, Mine? Did you know that there is another clutch on the sands? There will be more dragons coming soon! You all should hold on to your hope! Of course, your Macaoth is here for you, too.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:59 pm
Cyrilla was getting downright irate. So now, literally half of the hatchlings had passed her up? And both of the greens that had forsaken her had wandered off, away from the candidates! She huffed, frustrated and unable to act on it. Yet.

Her gaze fell on the last two dragons left, a blue and a green. One of them, surely, would recognize her greatness! But no, the blue had chosen now, too! The green was her last chance.

So intent was she on the last hatchling, that she missed the Impressions taking place at the Stands.

----------

Another green had now wandered down the line of candidates, without finding anyone worthy. And from the look on Cy's face, she was ready to burst. Oh no, she'd better make sure to stay as far from Cyrilla as possible for a while! Meana knew all too well what happened when her older sister got that mad!

Looking away from her sister, the girl turned her gaze back to the two greens, just in time to see them pacing across the sands, away from the candidates. And... towards her. But no, that couldn't be right! Why would two hatchlings be turning away from the candidates, and towards the stands? The one in the lead seemed to be angry, and an odd honk was sent at... her? No, it seemed to be directed at the girl she'd shifted over for. But why? She wasn't on the sands anymore, and wasn't hurting anything or anyone up here!

The other green seemed to take offense at this. A small, quick moment of action, and the first green sat on her rump, seeming surprised, as the other turned eyes that swirled with rainbows on the girl's seatmate. Stunned realization sank in. The girl she'd given seating space to had just Impressed.

Just as the thought bloomed in her mind that she would never know what that was truly like, and the resultant despair started settling around her, it was all washed away under another jeweled gaze, this time focused on her.

Mine! It was a misunderstanding. What is not a misunderstanding is that you are worthy of a dragon! And you are my rider! I amTocoth!

Meana didn't remember jumping down to the sands. She was lost in a sea of brightly swirling rainbows. Lost? No, she was found! All her life, she'd been lost, but no more. This most wonderful, incredible dragon had found her! Wrapping her arms around the green's neck, she held Tocoth's head gently close. So wrapped up was she in indescribable emotions that for a moment, she was unaware of all else.  

faerie-fallen

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:26 pm
After looking at each candidate and stopping here and there to comfort those who’d lost hope, the Clownfish green headed back towards Helane.

Don’t he sad, Mine! Not like these others. They only have to wait a little while longer until the next time! But you! I knew you were Mine this whole time, but I wanted to give those others some time to choose theirs. I am sorry I made you wait so long. I am your Amphiroth. Let me help you see like you helped me!

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:39 am
There, the last green was finally making her way over! Straitening, Cy held her head high as the very last dragon left approached. And almost screamed when the beast stopped to look up at the girl next to her. NO! This could NOT be happening! She was here to Impress a dragon, and NOTHING was going to stand in her way!

A movement from the corner of her eye briefly grabbed her attention, and her head swiveled around to see the two greens who had wandered away. One of them, the sneaky one who had hidden, had her sister practically wrapped around it.

Her control almost audibly snapped.

She was no longer aware of anyone or anything else, except as an obstacle in her path. With quick, angry strides, Cy headed strait towards Meana.  

faerie-fallen

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:26 pm
faerie-fallen
Cy

When the last dragon Impressed Lithustoth started to relax, but a sudden movement by one of the female candidates caught her eyes and send a flicker of orange through them. Perhaps she was just rushing to congratulate the newly bonded pair she was striding towards but it didn't look like that to Lith.

The deep-chested green gave a deep rumble and trained her gaze intently on Cy, what was she up to? It had better not hurt her hatchlings' hatchling, or cause any wider chaos that could endanger her new eggs!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:35 pm
faerie-fallen
Cyrilla

TawnyAngel
Lithustoth

As the final Impression was made, Gwyn sighed. So, not this time. But still, it was a learning experience! This definitely gave her a better idea of what to expect at the next Hatching... which, judging by the number of eggs Lithustoth was protecting, would be a larger event. Perhaps the right dragon for her would be amongst them!

A flash of white robes moving purposefully across the Sands made her turn, to see the pretty blonde Candidate angrily advancing on her younger sibling. Shells! As she started after the girl to see what she could do to defuse the situation, she heard the still expectant mother's rumble of warning, and stopped to look. Ok, so Lithustoth didn't seem to be mad at her, but she certainly didn't look happy with Cyrilla. So she continued on, her mind considering things she might say to the other. It would be best to stop things before they could start, but the girl seemed so quick to anger. It also wouldn't be a good idea to humiliate her, and accusations would just put her on the defensive. Hmm...

Approaching the girl, Gwyn gently placed a hand on Cy's shoulder. "Hey, on your way to congratulate your sister? You must be very proud of her," she offered in a low voice. "I would like to join you in that, if I may." Her lips spread in a small, lopsided grin.  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

faerie-fallen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:44 pm
The rumble from the dragon who still guarded a clutch made its way through Cy's fury, and she paused as a modicum of sense trickled in. There were too many people and dragons present here, which meant she couldn't directly make her annoying brat of a sister give her the dragon, or even pay for the insult of managing to take what was rightfully hers!

When someone caught her shoulder and asked if she was going to congratulate the vile little sneak for succeeding in luring the creature away, Cyrilla almost responded with derision, but the other candidates next words stopped her. Sharding interfering busybody! But then, Cy really wasn't free yet to give the child the punishment that she had coming to her!

And that's when it truly dawned on her.

She could do nothing. Impression was a lifebond, so the girl couldn't give the dragon to her. As a rider, Meana would be in the protection of the Weyr, so Cy was helpless to retaliate.

She really, really despised not getting her way.

Stalking away from the candidate, Cy reached her sister just long enough to whisper in her ear. "I hope it dies!" Then, nose in the air, she pivoted and marched away. She would show the brat... she would show everyone! Just wait, she thought. I'll get the biggest and best dragon at that next hatching! I'll show them all that I AM the best!

TawnyAngel
Lith

Ryala
Gwyn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:31 am
Candidate Verria

The last little dragon impressed and she breathed a deep breath. It was over. Six young dragons and not one had picked her. Not that her chances had been very good, but all the same. On the bright side it would only be a small wait until they'd be standing here again.

A strong movement quickly caught her attention. It also caught Lith's who was guarding her clutch. Verria quickly identified who it was. Another candidate. What was going on? She looked mad about something. She almost walked over to join them too, but another candidate intercepted her first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Candidate Varella

Varella gave herself a bit of a shake. Welp not today. She cast a speculative glance toward Lith and her new clutch. All indications were that it was pretty sizable. Certainly not as small as these had been. Perhaps her dragon rested there. Which unfortunately meant she'd be going back to that chore she didn't really care for. The teen made a comical face.

A warning noise from Lith made her arch her brow. What was going on over there. She noticed the angry motions from one of the candidates towards another girl who'd impressed a green. Varella snorted in derision to herself. If she did something stupid and got herself banned from the sands that would be her own shafting problem now wouldn't it?

faerie-fallen
Cyrilla

Ryala
Gwyn

magnadearel

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:58 am
Helane smiled when the Clownish green had thanked her, even through the sadness coming from Toco, watching as the baby moved away, Guess she's not mine then she thought, she was under the idea that Impression was instant once they talked to their rider. this was her first, so exciting, that said there was a blue that had been sitting quietly next to one girl for a while, who suddenly looked up at her with rainbow eyes... maybe it wasn't always instant? how curious.

She smiled again when the toco green thanked her for her kind words, once she'd gone towards the stands, there was a scuffle between her and the other green who had been behind, followed by almost instant Impressions, which green to which girl? ...

She didn't pay attention when a blue Impressed, she was watching the strange green pair, it wasn't until she heard someone say her name that she turned back to the sands. Sad? why would she be sad, wait...what?! she was looking into rainbow eyes and the Green she had helped... "Wh..what?" she said.

Don’t he sad, Mine! Not like these others. They only have to wait a little while longer until the next time! But you! I knew you were Mine this whole time, but I wanted to give those others some time to choose theirs. I am sorry I made you wait so long. I am your Amphiroth. Let me help you see like you helped me!

"Amphiroth.. your name is Amphiroth? oh WOW!" She whooped before hugging her green and lifting her up, gathering her in her arms and holding her tightly. "THIS IS .. AMAZIIIIIING" she boomed happily, crazy eyes watery, huge smile even wider than seemed humanly possible as she carried her dragon to the feeding tables

"I can walk Mine"

"I know i just want to make sure you're really real" she laughed. putting her green down gently as she picked a bucket of meat and began cutting bits up expertly, she remembered, small chunks.

~~~~~~~

Kakar wanted to thank the blue for his kindness but stubbornness kept his mouth shut, but he did feel slightly better. It wasn't until all the rest of the hatchlings Impressed that he let out a sob, completely ignoring the other clutch being hidden by their mother and he ran off the sands, refusing to cry in front of people, he just ran away instead.

~~~~~~~

Serfie watched everything down on the sands carefully, a Blue that had been sitting by someone finally turned his rainbow eyes on his watching companion. Ok... another one down that was fine. She stared back at the green who she suddenly realised had another green shadow, this one, while not finding hers among the candidates, seemed much less distressed, more self sufficient, good girl, Serfie smiled, then both came towards the Stands, that was better the darker behind the lighter patched. She was taken aback at being called and idiot by the hatchling and had been about to yell a retort when a voice in her head did it for her... wait.. her...Rider?! .. No.. no she would not cry... but she was quite shocked and emotional, it all hit her at once.

"That is no idiot! That is my rider! .......Stay away! She's Mine..........Serfie! I, Solth, am yours! I'm sorry I was not here to protect you before. No dragon will threaten my rider. Not even my sister. Not even my grandmother."

"Mine... yours... yes" she said numbly... before shaking her head, never in her wildest dreams did she ever think it was going to be like THIS ... She got down on her knees in front of her dragon and clasped Solth's head to her chest "Don't be sorry for what you couldn't help, it led me to you" she breathed, before stifling a laugh at the dirty look Solth shot the dragon who had yelled at her... grandmother huh? .. well family didn't mean that much to Serfie ... or rather it didn't until this moment.

She stayed there just holding her dragon until she realised the girl next to her had Impressed, but more than that, another girl had come over, practically radiating anger, "what on pern...." she muttered as the candidate leaned into the other girl, whispering in her ear then stalking off, just as angry as before. She frowned hard... fists clenching at her sides... what had that girl said to her? ... Standing she approached the other girl, clearing her throat "are...are you ok?" she asked, she HATED a bully and that other girl had given off every bully vibe..

faerie-fallen
at Meana

Event Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas