Submit

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:25 am
Serfie had been bothing no one, sat in the shadows of the stands above and behind her, hood over hiding most of her face when she was slammed backwards, practically physically as she suddenly grabbed for balance, by a force in her head, for a MOMENT she thought she'd Impressed, but no.... a Green with firey orange eyes glared at her from across the sands and Serfie was pretty sure she was going to need to go and change her pants as soon as the hatching was over. Fighting back a retort, she scurried up into the nearest empty seat on the Stands.

She glanced at the girl who'd scooched over to let her sit, giving a small nod before turning her attention back to the eggs now hatching.... shards, she'd dropped her food down there on the sands.

TawnyAngel

faerie-fallen

~~~~~

Kakar really did feel like he was going to be sick when eggs began hatching, none even came close to him, none paid him the slightest bit of attention, though had he expected anything different? he sighed, fighting the urge to run away, no .. he had promised a dragon .. even if it was the one who took his twin away... that he would stay and he wasn't ever going to break a promise.... HE didn't break them after all, that was K'kaw.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:40 am
Wait... So the Toucan hatchling had actually tunneled out of the bottom of their egg and hidden?! Oh, such a clever girl! Gwyn had the distinct feeling that whoever Impressed this rather dark-chested green would have their hands full!

The blue in the Scarlet Macaw egg managed to pull himself free, though with some difficulty. He didn't seem to stay upset for long, however, as his eyes changed to a happier color and he made his way over to her. Surprised, Gwyn blinked. Had he remembered her, though he'd only been in the shell when she'd visited?

He certainly seemed to be full of questions, too. And a willingness to learn? He was certainly friendly, or seemed to be.

But he was also an absolute mess, covered in sticky egg goop.

Before she could respond to this gooey, curious, excited blue, she was startled by a green hatchling racing through with a little bit of egg shell blocking their view, thereby causing her to knock into Gwyn's knee and sending the girl sprawling on her backside in the hot Sands.  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:02 pm
Blue Tang seemed to understand that they were helping him. But what was sand? His egg began to crumble as it shook. Between the two candidates sat a brown. He looked startled for a moment before taking another look around.

Worried eyes turned green. Hello! He pushed a grateful snout into Rothgar and then Verria. Thank you for helping me! I thought I would never stop spinning!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:10 pm
Angelfish did not offer any criticism towards Zamistia when she addressed him. Instead, he hesitated. He seemed to be in thought as he stilled and turned to look at her. I would like more attention, he admitted. But these here are not worthy of polite greetings, are they? They did not even dress for the occasion. While there was no scorn in his voice, there was a great deal of confusion emitting from the blue dragonet.

Afterall, why shouldn’t he expect respect? Where was his entertainment? Ugh, he was bored of this anyway.

He stalked up to Zamistia when he saw that she fell. He lowered himself to the sands. You are very clumsy. You should be more careful. Watch out for blind dragons. Unlike the scorn he’d given to other candidates, he was almost gentle with the redhead. I will stay here with you. Let’s watch these fools together.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:44 pm
Rothgar

Seeing Blue Tang sitting there in the sand was the most precious thing. After so much effort and the help of two Candidates he was finally free. Rothgar let out a little Whoop! for the occasion. Blue Tang booped Rothgar's belly and the boy hugged the oversized head, getting egg goop all over his Candidate's robe. Oh well, it was not as if they would be wearing these all day. He had worn worse on his clothing. "You are very welcome lil guy," he replied to the dragon's thanks. Rothgar chuckled when the little brown booped the Verria's belly too.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:26 pm
After her initial rest, and after her great tunnel dig, Toco Toucan approached the Candidates. She was in no hurry, but she trotted around a multitude of legs, searching. Along the way she peeked up at each Candidate, hoping to find something familiar in each of their faces. Then she reached the end. She glanced to and fro, hoping she had missed someone. She let out a little peep of confusion then proceeded back down the line. Surely she had missed her new life partner. But no, she reached the end and again did not find them.

She cried out in alarm and sat down in the sand, eyes showing faint swirls of white among yellow and violet. Now what was she supposed to do?

- - -

Scarlet Macaw cried in surprise as his Sands sibling came barreling through and knocked Gwyn over. So humans could be awkward and fragile and caught off guard! Well, it was not a pleasant revelation, one that would stay in the Blue's mind in the days to come. Meanwhile he was knocked off balance and he nearly fell over as the green ran past. In actuality, he lost balance because of his own upset. He squawked ungracefully and hopped away from Gwyn, after Clownfish.

He tired of that when Clownfish was stripped of the eggshell over her eyes. His annoyance with her melted away.

Macaw wandered over to a new candidate and chirped cheerfully up at the young man. Dark atmosphere seemed to cloud around Kakar but surely he just needed to see a smile. Hello! Today is wonderful. Did you know? There are things outside that no one yet knows or understands. Maybe someday you will discover them. What do you think?

- - -

Sun Parakeet remained in the shell. After some rocking upset the egg had run out of steam, or so it seemed. Inside, the hatching tapped away at the shell until tiny cracks spread across the surface. Soon, it took but a gentle nudge for the hatchling to pour out onto the Sands. The little Green stepped away from her former cell and into the world, chittering curiously. She did not pause for a rest like her siblings had, instead she pushed on ahead with determination. She approached a candidate and booped them on the knee with her nose. Are you mine? she wondered, peering up, up, up, at Varella.  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:35 pm
After booping each of the candidates who’d helped him, Blue Tang was tired and hungry. Getting out of that egg had been hard work! He leaned his head against Rothgar, eyes swirling the tell-tale rainbow of Impression.

I didn’t know it would be you who helped me. But now I know, and I knew before too, that you are Mine. I didn’t have to look for you! You came to me! Did you hear me when I was stuck? I thought I would never find you! Please, Mine. I, Coerelth, am hungry. After I eat, will you show me what a llama is?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:40 pm
Candidate Verria

She chuckle softly at the ok cheep. Letting Rothgar steady the egg, she pushed the hot sand around the base so the egg would be well supported on all sides while the baby inside did whatever he needed to get free. Verria finished and stood up, brushing the hot sands from her hands. "Ok let go and see if that holds."

The teen took a step back toward where she was suppose to be standing, but not all the way. She hoped the candidatemaster wouldn't be too cross with her for stepping out of line. "Alright little one. You hatch now! We're rooting for you!"

Most of the rest of the babies also appeared to be out. A couple of blues, and a couple of greens. She giggled as one poor green walked with her shell over her head. Luckily someone helped her out there when she walked by them.

It didn't take long now that the egg was properly supported. Verria gave a happy cry as the brown finally broke free. She gave him the tiniest of pets on the head when he nosed her. "It was my pleasure. Good luck finding your rider." Her eyes lit up as the little brown claimed the boy who'd helped him. "Congrats you two!"

Thaliawen
Blue Tang Egg

Melomar
Rothgar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Candidate Varella

Varella gave a shrug and an amused laugh as he was still clearly unimpressed by her. Baby dragons. What could you do with 'em? Scarlet Macaw revealed himself to be a handsome blue and went right up to a candidate and started chattering her up. At first she thought the blue belonged to that candidate, but she didn't see the candidate's face melt, so it probably wasn't.

She heard Toucan cry out and turned to her. Don't give up yet, keep looking, the teen urged silently. The last little egg hatched into a third tiny green. Varella looked down in surprise as said green booped her knee with a nose. "Oh hello there." She knelt down to look at the green and so the green wouldn't have to look so far up. "I can be yours if I'm right for you."  

magnadearel

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:20 am
Zamistia was glad when she noticed that the little green who had knocked her over, didn't have the shell over her face anymore. Good, it either had fallen off or someone had managed to get it off of her. She also caught that blue tang had managed to free himself from his shell, thanks to the two candidates who had helped him. Hopefully now the brown could find the rider who was meant for him, she thought to herself. Her eyes took in everything else around her, pretty sure one of the girls angelfish had gone near seemed a little annoyed.

As she was just thinking of it, she heard the voice of said blue in her head once more, saying he did want attention. As irritated as he had been before, he didn't seem to be at her. In fact, if anything, the blue seemed more..confused? Though, he seemed a little critical about the robes that all of the candidates were wearing.

Everyone deserves a polite greeting, it is a nice thing to do. You would be surprised how a little nice thing can make a person's day better. As for the robes, we did dress for the occasion. This is what we are supposed to wear for a hatching,she explained gently. As he made his way over to her, she wondered for a brief moment if finally he would be upset about something she had done or said. However, all he said was she should be more careful and his voice seemed gentle. She focused her gaze on him a moment, figuring he was just close because her fall had provided him entertainment. She couldn't imagine a dragon like him would want someone so plain like her. He seemed to have particular tastes and could do better than her, she figured.

When Toco Toucan came near, she wondered if this little green might be her's, but it seemed none of those here were. Even after a second look down the line, there was no rainbow of impression from the little baby. As the little green sat down and seemed upset, she felt so very sorry for the little one. Oh, where could her rider be, shouldn't they be somewhere among those in white robes. Then she remembered people talking about stands impressions..could her's be there?

Little one, maybe your person is up in the stands. Focus on the crowd, see if maybe one of them call to you. Please don't give up though, I know you can find them,she encouraged gently to the baby. She noticed out of the corner of her eye as another green emerged out of the sun parakeet egg and began for the candidates too. Good, all the babies were out and working on finding their riders. And...it seemed the little brown of the group had found his, one of the ones who had helped him. Oh, that is so wonderful! She turned to the blue slightly.

You should give people a chance, they could surprise you. As for being clumsy, I am not usually like that. She took me by surprise, but it wasn't her fault. Thank you for telling me to be careful, however please remember they are all people with feelings. Don't you want to find your rider, though, surely there is someone amazing out there for you. I am sure I provided a little entertainment, even if it was an accident,she thought to the blue.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:40 am
Catching just a glimpse of the thin, scarred face of the girl as she hastily claimed the offered seat, Meana felt bad for her. Clearly, the girl had had a hard life. But still, why had she been down there, on the sands, instead of up here in the stands? Perhaps, one day, she would get the chance to find out.

All of the eggs had hatched now, revealing three greens, two blues, and a brown. And it seemed the brown had already found who he needed! That was great! The rest, though, seemed to be having a little more trouble. One of the greens seemed distinctly unhappy, as she went up and down the line of candidates a couple of times, with apparently no one striking her fancy. Oh, but that was the one who had actually dug a tunnel under her egg, wasn't she? This poor green sounded so upset that she couldn't find her match!

----------

Amidst all the other goings-on, Cyrilla took note of the Impression of the brown clutz. Good! That oaf needed to get out of everyone's way, already! The same green that had knocked into her had apparently managed to run into others who had less balance than she, and so now sat in the sand like children. However, the shell was finally gone from their head, so at least they could see where they were going instead of stupidly running into people. Another green and both blues seemed to be visiting some of the other candidates. And the green who had buried herself in sand was walking down the line, looking for her rider.

Cy waited as patiently as she could, chin high, certain that this time she would be chosen. But the little green went on by. Just as she started to get indignant about being so casually overlooked, the green reached the end of the line and turned back to look again. But again, the hatchling went past, and again didn't seem to find whatever she was looking for. But Cy was right here! It was easily obvious that she was the best of all the candidates! To first be snubbed, and then overlooked...!

Someone would pay for this!  

faerie-fallen

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:03 am
Kakar sighed, watching poor Toco Toucan run up and down the candidates before becoming distressed. "Try up there" he said, pointing to the Stands" he said to her, she didn't want him, fine but he would be damned if he let a dragon go between because it wasn't looking everywhere.

His attention swung around to Scarlet Macaw when he was chirped at, he stared hard, hoping.. but no, there were no rainbow eyes and his stomach sank, however outwardly he gave the hatchling a weak smile. "Nice to meet you" he said, shakily.

~~~~~~

Helane waited, holding her breath after she'd taken the shell off Clownfish but it seemed there wasn't going to be any repurcussions from the parent dragons.... phew.. that was a relief, she kept hold of the egg shell, for the moment though, feeling like crying when the toco toucan green passed her once, twice, then started to get worried, others though already seemed to be suggesting the Stands so she kept quiet, a hard task for her but she bit down on her tongue a little. "Please go see if Yours is up there" she thought at the baby.

~~~~~~~~~

Serfie had been feigning disinterest mostly as more hatchlings emerged, she saw one dragon wander up and down the line of candidates down there on the sand before looking like she was lost and couldn't find her match. "up here you idiot" she thought, trying to keep it to herself, she didn't like the fact the little one was just sitting there when there were so many other people around for her to look for her rider among.

Melomar
All three thinking/talking to Toco, Kakar talking to Macaw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:44 pm
The Clownfish green thanked Helane and took off. Now that she could see, she had so many things to see! She wanted to meet everyone!

She began to walk along, studying each candidate as she did so. Which was for her?

Angelfish was quiet for a long while. He looked up at Zamistia with rainbow eyes. Perhaps I was quick to judge, he admitted. I suppose I should try to be more polite. Will you teach me, Mine? We can judge the world together.

User Image  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Ryala

Blessed Mage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:45 pm
As the gooey, but friendly blue went after his green sister, Gwyn sighed. So, no luck there! Brushing the sand from herself and her robe, she reached her feet in time to see that the egg that had fallen and rolled had now fully hatched. What's more, the brown who had been within had Impressed one of the two who'd helped! With a lopsided smile for his success, she looked around.

It seemed all of the eggs had hatched now, and the remaining five hatchlings were searching amongst the Candidates who had been brought here for them. The displeased blue from the Angelfish egg seemed to find his perfect partner, and as Gwyn watched, Impression was made. Another quiet, lopsided smile bloomed on her face, before she was distracted by the green hatchling passing by. She heard it peep, and watched as it returned, again looking at each person as if she knew exactly who she wanted. When the little one cried out and sat down, looking distinctly alarmed, Gwyn almost went to her. What stopped her was the fact that, though this green had made an effort to look at all of the individual Candidates one by one, twice, meant that this hatchling wasn't looking for her. But then, what would happen to her? Surely, she wouldn't...

At that point, one of the boys pointed towards the stands, and suggested to the hatchling that she try looking there, and Gwyn blinked. But... They weren't Candidates! Then again, if she did take a shine to one of them, that would stop her from... leaving. Inwardly, the girl shuddered at the thought. No, this was supposed to be a joyous day! It definitely should not be marred by the loss of a hatchling!

From the corner of her eye, another green seemed to be approaching. Thankfully, the obstacle that had blinded her seemed to be gone, so this hatchling was able to see all that the inside of the Hatching Cavern had to offer.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:20 am
Zamistia was glad one of her fellow candidates had thought the same thing about maybe the green's rider was up in the stands. She wanted all the babies to find their riders, she didn't want anything bad to happen to any of them. She noticed Clownfish was working on looking through the candidates, while Angelfish seemed quiet. Maybe he was thinking about what she said to him, she mused. Little did she know that when she looked back at him, she would find a rainbow gaze staring back at her. She felt the little blue's mind connected to her own, filling in every empty space she had left.

Perhaps I was quick to judge,she heard him speak. I suppose I should try to be more polite. Will you teach me, Mine? We can judge the world together..

Oh Azrixeth, of course I can teach you. Come on, let's get you some food. Though, are you sure I am worthy of you?she thought to him, his name coming into her head.

Of course, you are Mine. I know you are meant for great things, because I am your dragon. Now let's see if the food they provide is as worthy of me,Azrixeth spoke in a firm tone. He allowed Zamisitia a moment to hug him though, knowing she was going to do so. He patted her protectively with his wing, until she was ready. He got near, so that he could help her back to her feet, after that ungraceful spill she had. Then they headed for the feeding tables together.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:07 am
Rothgar (R'gar) and Coerelth Impression

Rothgar worked with Verria to get the sand bunched up around the egg by holding it steady for her. When she was done and he let go, the egg held still. He gestured their minor victory with a grin. Blue Tang was able to hatch with their help. It felt great to accomplish something like this! The obvious difference in the egg aside, it was like helping birth another animal. The biggest difference was the end result, a dragon was so much different than a herd beast! This hatchling had so much to say!

After greeting and thanking them, the little brown was visibly tired. It had been a lot of work finally getting out of that egg! Rothgar was sure that he would now look for his bond, and the sooner the better. He didn't want him to go. But Coerelth wasn't going to leave him after all.

I didn’t know it would be you who helped me. But now I know, and I knew before too, that you are Mine. I didn’t have to look for you! You came to me! Did you hear me when I was stuck? I thought I would never find you! Please, Mine. I, Coerelth, am hungry. After I eat, will you show me what a llama is?

He held the head that leaned against him. The hug felt so right, like riding a favorite runner or breathing cool, fresh air. All that he had known was that he should help. He hadn't known why. But now he did. He thanked Verria for helping: without knowing it, she had helped him, too! "Best of luck finding Yours!" he told her.

He knew where the feeding tables were, and steered his new dragon there. "Coerelth, I wasn't as certain as you. But I'm glad I followed my heart to you. Let's get you some food, and later I'll show you the best llama! And the best dogs. I'll show you the whole barn and everyone I work with!" He rambled all the way off the Sands. This was the best day ever.  
Event Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff