Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:12 pm
User ImageUser Image
(morning)

Clutch sisters Heimalth and Oximath have been incubating their eggs for some time now. It is time for Touching. Touch an egg and try to bond with it, or just have a lovely chat about the weather.

The Rules

OOC Rules
- To interact with an egg, post your character touching it and bold the name.
- Eggs may be interacted with for as many posts as you feel appropriate for your character.
- If you believe that your post has been missed, please PM the writer of the egg to let them know.
- Do not harass writers. They have lives and can't be replying every hour on the hour.
- Do not dictate how eggs will react to your character, this is for the writer to decide.
- Spectator posts are allowed, but only for characters that have a reason to be there. If in doubt ask a member of staff if a character is likely to be there.
- Replies will be written for posts made until 11:59 pm (PST) Thursday 14th November.

IC Rules
- These rules can be broken, but remember IC actions have IC consequences.
- ICly all PC candidates are in the first group of Candidates to attend and this will be their first interaction with the eggs. They will likely be brought to visit the eggs a second or even third time to encourage bonding.
- Bow to the clutchmother before approaching the clutch.
- No running, shouting or being disruptive.
- Be gentle with the eggs at all times, both physically and mentally. Don’t try to move the eggs.
- No firelizards on the sands.

- - -

The Eggs

There are six eggs total between the sizes of 2 and 3 feet tall. Each is brightly colored and of a Tropical theme. Below is an overview, and who can be expected to play each egg.

User Image - Responses by Thaliawen
Tropical Fish Eggs
Queen Angelfish Egg: 3'0''
Regal Blue Tang Egg: 2'9''
Clownfish Egg: 2'0''

User Image - Responses by Melomar
Tropical Birds Eggs
Scarlet Macaw Egg: 3'0''
Toco Toucan Egg: 2'4''
Sun Parakeet Egg: 2'0''  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:12 pm
It was time to allow the candidates to visit the eggs, but Oximath was on edge. She had been hesitant to allow Viri to see them, but this... She couldn’t control every candidate on the sands! She hid her anxiety behind a temper, eyes whirling an orange.

“They’re all excited to meet your babies, we can’t rob them of this.” Viri smiled indulgently at his green. She was nervous, he understood that. Within her three eggs were the dreams of any candidate. “I wonder how the eggs will take to them,” he said.

I won’t take well to them if they aren’t gentle enough. Oximath said, curling her tail around her eggs. Heimalth, are you ready?

Heimalth, as usual, kept her emotions locked away under the surface. Inward she was a mass of wriggling torment, just like Oximath. She was worried for the eggs' safety. Would the candidates be gentle? Would they think gently thoughts of their dreams and desires? Or would they think negative thoughts and damage their understanding of the world? But she and M'nick had been over the importance of the touching. He had been to Heimalth's touching. She remembered his mind back then with fondness. Thinking of M'nick always calmed her. He understood the mind. She still did not understand it, but thanks to him, she was ready. Yes, I am ready.

Next to her neck, M'nick stood with his hand on her well-oiled hide, gently rubbing her there. It helped to calm her. She still kept her chilly outer presence, but he knew how she really was, and he was so proud of her for fighting her fear and winning. He was proud of her eggs, these important, precious eggs. She had done this, she was now a mother preparing to give her children away. And they were only weyrlings. Yes, he was so very proud. He stood tall and he was ready too.  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:39 pm
His heart was beating too fast and his hands were sweaty but, unlike the last two clutches he'd approached, Lunathor's jitters were from anxiety and excitement rather than anxiety and dread. There before him was the brightly coloured clutch, perhaps the most vivid he'd ever seen, and the two greens with their riders.

When it came to his turn to move towards the eggs Lunathor gave a little bow, straightened up, and cleared his throat. "Um." He fiddled with his hair and gave a nervous smile. "Thank you both for letting us meet your eggs, they're truly beautiful."

After a few moments of deliberation Lunathor headed towards the Sun Parakeet Egg and crouched so that he could rest a hand on its shell. Hello little one, how are you? I'm Lunathor, it's wonderful to meet you.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:57 pm
Candidate Verria

Verria had a decided pep in her step this morning. She, and the other candidates, would get to meet the exciting eggs. Like many other candidates, she had of course taken a few peeks at the eggs after they were laid. They were so colorful and she was excited to finally be able to touch them and see what personalities lurked within.

The young green mothers appeared anxious, Verria noted as she stepped onto the hot sands. Particularly Oximath who’s eyes whirled orange. Step gently then, she noted to herself. It made sense to her to approach Oximath first before someone could do something stupid and upset her. Verria approached and green and bowed deeply. “Thank you for letting us touch your eggs sweet green. I look forward to seeing them when they hatch.”

Only three eggs, but such beautiful eggs they were. Lithustoth had only had four eggs, she remembered, yet the green Starelth had had nine. Such a wide range. Would a green only have 1 egg? Would it be worth it then? But she also noted that with both greens there was six total eggs. There would soon probably be many of these small such clutches to make things lively.

She waited a moment to be sure everything was ok before she approached the tiny clutch. Verria automatically reached out for the largest of the eggs and lightly rested her hand against the shell of Queen Angelfish Egg.

Candidate Varella

Varella approached the hot sands with intrepidation. Somewhere among those colorful eggs her dragon was growing. She was sure of it. Her twin already had his dragon. It was her turn. She approached Heimalth to give her a bow. This was only right, never mind that it was tradition. This was the potential mother of her dragon. “Thank you.” Short and sweet; her bland tone belied the feelings she hid deep inside.

Today she was favoring a blue or a green for her dragon. Since the tinest egg was already being touched, Varella turned her attention to the striking Toco Toucan Egg. Her fingers lightly brushed the shell of the boldly marked egg.  

magnadearel

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:13 am
Zamistia couldn't believe it was time for them to touch the eggs. She felt like a bundle of nerves as they were led onto the sands. She had heard of touchings from her siblings, but it was different actually doing it herself. As her eyes came upon the two greens with their eggs, she felt more nerves descend on her. She, however, bowed to them politely as they had been taught to do.

"Thank you, both, for allowing us near your eggs. I do hope we do not disturb you or them too much,"she said in a very soft voice. Then she looked over all the bright eggs, trying to decide where to go first. She finally decided after some consideration to walk over to the clownfish egg. She placed her hand gently on the side of the egg.

I hope you are doing okay in there, little one. If I am disturbing you, please let me know. I certainly do not want to be a bother,she thought softly to it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:18 am
Kakar didn't want to do this, he was still bitter, he hardly saw his brother anymore, he was alone, hadn't made any real friends among the other candidates, kept to himself, kept his head down but when the weyr had been told it was almost time for the Touching K'kaw (the name was like a stone in his throat) and Caffieth had visited, asking about the clutch and if Kakar was going to Stand, originally he hadn't wanted to at all but his twin's brown had asked him directly, which had made him cry and promise he would. His relationship with his twin was far from fixed but it was perhaps on the way to getting better. K'kaw had promised he'd be cheering his brother on from wherever he was.

When it came time to touch the eggs, his stomach felt like it was full of trundlebugs flitting about, his face was pale, worried he would be rejected again, left behind again ... He bowed at the greens when he entered. "My thanks" he said, his voice forcibly calm despite his worried feelings.

He tried to keep everything inside as he moved towards the first egg, the large brightly coloured queen angelfish egg "hello.. you ok in there?" he asked carefully trying to control his feelings  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:17 pm
Lunathor was greeted with a bow from Heimalth. You are welcome, she replied to him.

Within Sun Parakeet egg a precious mind stirred. The mind associated with their mother, protector, friend, had instructed how to make a positive greeting. They remembered this and greeted Lunathor with warmth and strength that seemed to leech through to his hand in a wave. They wanted to know what Candidates do, and what he liked to do.

- - -

Varella was met with a wash of mental laughter as if her touch was tickling them. Perhaps she was. Is it fun outside? What do you do for fun? There was a sense of hesitation, as if the egg was afraid to inquire about this unknown place.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:17 pm
Gwyn had only been here a few days, and really didn't know much of what to expect yet. Though, admittedly, she was pleasantly surprised to learn that they could touch the eggs, from which the dragonets would emerge. She couldn't speak for the others, but she was nervous. What would it be like, when that day came?

Well, as they were here, and offered the chance, she wasn't going to back down now.

She offered a slightly awkward bow towards Oximath and Heimalth. "Thank you for allowing us to see them," she offered in a low, quiet voice. "Your eggs are beautiful, and I'm sure your hatchlings will be even more so." With that, she slowly paced across the heat of the Sands towards the Scarlet Macaw Egg, and, awed by it's lovely play of colors, dared to gently place her hands on the warm shell.  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

faerie-fallen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:42 pm
"Remember, you're only here because of me," Cyrilla hissed at her younger sister, as the other candidates moved onto the Sands. "You're not a candidate, so you need to stay away from the eggs! You can either sit on the stands, or wait here until we're done!" Turning away, certain that the girl would do as she was told and not embarrass her, Cy strode off after the others.

Left alone, her younger sister, Meana, watched her join the group. Cyrilla usually got her way, but would she now? And would that really be a good thing? Right now, she was bad enough, but with a dragon... how much worse would she be then? Granted, if Cy Impressed, Meana wouldn't have to put up with her anymore, but everyone here would. Hovering near the entrance, the girl quietly waited, and tried to stay out of the way. At least she could still see the eggs from here, even if she couldn't approach them. And so beautiful they were, too!

Cy was unaware of any of this. All that mattered was making a good impression, and figuring out which egg held her prize.

Seeing where some of the other candidates went, she decided to make her bows to the greens as gracefully as any could wish, and headed over to the Regal Blue Tang egg. This one seemed promising! With a smile, she let her hand rest on the top of the shell.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:04 pm
Melomar
Sun Parakee

The warmth and strength flowing out from the bright little egg brought a softer smile to Lunathor's lips and he smoothed a hand gently down the smooth shell. Oh, well, um, candidates like to do a lot of things, he told it, which he was aware wasn't very helpful. I mean, he tucked his hair behind his ear, some people like swimming, or running, or making things, or just hanging around together talking you know? I like music - a lot - I spend a lot of my free time playing, or listening to other people play. I spend a lot of time with my firelizard too, playing with him or taking him out to hunt little critters. Are you looking forward to trying lots of things when you hatch?  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:44 pm
Scarlet Macaw came through to Gwyn like a surge of energy to bowl someone over. There was no malice or aggression just joyful exuberance. Hello and well met, how are you? How is the weather, the sand--is it as pleasant to you as it is to me? These and a hundred other questions followed in a rainbow of words. How can one hope to answer them all?

- - -

The egg seemed to pulse softly as the mind inside considered the answers. Pictures flooded through, and some things could be understood. Floating. Firelizard as a tiny dragon. Talking together, like now. Many things were unknown but if they were enjoyed activities they may be fun to learn. This egg decides that trying those things at least once would make them very happy. I want to try them all. Lunathor, there new things that you want to try?  
Event Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games